3DXChat Community

Why multiple avatars per account?

Jola

You cant blame the whole community or blame the game for giving you the chance to have multiple charakters.

I dont do this...unless its going to be a roleplay charakter.created just for a specific reason and most propably be deleted after.

Its like..rockets..they were first made to kill people..and then used to see if there s water on Mars..

Everything depends on the user.I guess we all had examples or bad experiences of stalking or users acting bitchy.And at the end of the day..who hasnt had a bad day and ust told someone off in a game?

If we keep removing things because of a few bad apples we'll all lose out on everything. That's what the bad apples want, to make us all suffer. We just need to be there for each other and report abusive apples. No matter what there will always be bad in the world, both virtual and reality. We can only try to keep the bad low and under control but no matter what both sides will always exist. Decisions must be made and sacrifices hurt the good in attempts to quell chaos, all I have to say is; keep the 3 avatar slots, report abussive players, and enjoy the time we have for its only temporary. (Maybe I should stop drinking before going on here....)

Guest Dj Megalon

3 Avatar is a BIG SHIT     

e6j5bvya.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread started really realy good..well a year ago...different situation now. We got this 10k \ slot thing, which clearly just marketing move. Ppl that not completely dumb know that it doesnt stop anyone from having an other avi, just gives them a few weeks till they save up the gold. Or the real psychos might buy gold for real money. So we can say everything is like before, as saving up 10k is not a big deal.

I am agreeing with the one avatar method....and prefer that way what someone suggested above, the profile tag one.

Want two or more avis bcuz u Rp, and do not want hurt anyone? .....tag your profile then.ppl know abOut rp here, they will understand!

Want two or more avis bcuz u wanna play different genders?....tag it, tag it! Ppl do that, they will understand, and u wont make anyone upset if they know u are actually a dude!

Want two or more avis, bcuz they are part of an event or sexual fantasy?...tag your profile, nothing to be afraid of.

Ppl that have any other reason to create morwe avatars are most likely not going to tag their profile , as they need them to cheat, to spy, stalk, bully, and cause trouble and drama. And i think u talk about these ppl, when writing that "some needs their privacy"...

Tagging profile is a good idea, but prolly not gonna happen ;-)

I only play as myself, with my primary avatar, but I also have two alts, which I use to edit room positions, and to have some fun without all the drama. Perhaps if we were able to modify and customize Bob and Betty, that would solve this side of the issues. I had one experience with a Dom, who wanted me to create an avatar slave to them, because I did not want to make my primary exclusive to their possession, because I also have many no sexual friends here, and that would be awkward. I did not do it, and it broke up our friendship, but I did have that option, if I had chosen to take it. I have dealt with people who were alts of people I tried to avoid because of annoying behavior, and could only tell when I started talking to them, and they returned to their usual antics under another name. There is a huge social network here now, with lots of friendships developing outside of the sexual arena, so perhaps an identification of all avatars on one account wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yes Chik73, there are a lot of different things go on in the game where problems are made for you because of people using alts, people that would come back with an alt and go straight at causing trouble again.

Those people are easy to deal with and is where Ignore does work and do the job, well mostly.

It is where you find things like clingers that constantly want to be with you when ever you are on, that have not really done anything bad enough to be put on ignore.

After you talk with them and let them know you need space as you have other things you want to do and others you want to be with, they then make an alt and start it all over again or play with different ones each time so they can still be around.

Or you do tell someone to just leave you alone and they make an alt not letting you know it is them and try again to be a friend, which then after time they start doing the same things that got you upset and realize it is them.

Others make alts to try to influence you in different things, like turn you against people or drive you towards people.

I have found where girl avis praising up a guy turned out to be an alt of that guys.

Others have made alts to play the sympathy game trying to get you to feeling sorry for them so you will have sex with them, why they think that will work I have no idea, when you figure it out and put them on iggy you can find that a friend vanishes from your friends list.

Then there are the ones that make alts the opposite sex and do not let people know, I have seen that well over a dozen times now and almost always they have had a main avi of the sex they are in rl.

Often they have also committed them self to a person in a relationship with that main avi as well.

It is not just some one pissing you off and then coming back with an alt to straight away continue to do that like people seem to think.

Ok Rodolfo,

Maybe it was just a language barrier issue. It gave the impression that online friendships were nonsense and not worth having. I agree you need to be careful who you share information with, its common sense, but the behaviour of some players is so devious as they are allowed to hide behind alts. I also agree limiting peoples options would not be a good thing for the game. But I can not see any issues what so ever why all alts cant be tagged by the original/main avatar? Lets face it, the only reason people would not be happy with this idea is if they want to 'hide' in the game. And people very rarely hide for a constructive reason.

I have a reason to hide in the game. If I want to be left alone with my partner and just enjoy some public place, like the beach for instance, without being bombarded with PMs. Yes, I do understand that you can just ignore those PMs and carry on whatever you are doing, but sometimes it's just easier to hide away and just enjoy each other's company without those annoying flashing green tags popping every so often. And I know quite a few people doing the same.

I also have a fem avi that my friends know of. When a pole dance option for men or mmm threesomes to make the sync become available, then that virgin will be sacrificed immediately and without any sympathy, but so far she lives. And it comes handy to have an alt when you want to mess around with the furniture and see how it will look like without destroying your main char's apartment.

As far as this topic is concerned I myself have experienced the deception, malicious gossips and rumors being spread. Not at all pleasant I might say, so I do understand. Made me take a break from the game even, cuz I got sick and tired of all the drama around and people trying to drag me into it. In the community I socialize the most, gossiping and rumor spreading is far too common but there's naught you can do apart from distancing yourself from that sort of people. There are people that like using multiple avis and accounts to spy on people and share RL info and photos of the players who wish to be anonymous. One avi, three or ten it won't matter. Twats like that will go on doing whatever they feel like thriving on the havoc and drama they create. But as it was said before, people always give away hints by the way they "speak" or behave, so you can always make an educated guess who exactly you are talking to if you pay attention.

But still I would prefer to have three avis then one without any tags pointing to my account or my main char.

@pothead, Yes I don't think that it needs to point at your main character either, but still be tagged as everyone wants to call it.

Making it so alts are shown to be alts without showing the main character it belongs to would be enough.

You would still be able to do the things you have mentioned, and I have actually done the use alts with my rl boyfriend in game to get some privacy as well.

The main argument behind not having taggs this way is people saying they will be harassed and segregated, well I don't believe so.

There will be enough of them on at any time to just be considered the norm in the game.

The only thing that would happen is they will not get the same as trust given to a main avi, and I think that is a good thing and again will not stop them from doing any of the things you mentioned.

@Twiggy, in that case I don't give a monkey's if it just says "alt" without pointing at the owner. Most of the players that been here long enough mistrust newbies anyway, so it might prove useful if people can see it's not an alt after all. And everybody knows there are tons of alts hanging around, so no harm in knowing that it's not a main char. As long as it doesn't show who's behind the steering wheel its fine by me

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is indeed an old one, and I decided to read up not see if there was anything new. I must say that I do agree with the "tagging the alt as being an alt system". It would again make it a little more difficult. However...the people that are really there to play with others have usually multiple accounts, not just multiple avatars. And for that (apart from IP tracking), not much can be done :(

Guest Twiggy

I 100% agree with it being no bodies business how many avis you have and what you do with them as long as other people are considered and the trouble that can be caused by using more than one avi in the game incorrectly.

I have seen a lot of drama in the game through people doing the wrong thing with alts and it has been something that has been in these forums since the game started.

It does become other peoples business if a player chooses to use alts in ways where it can effect other peoples games or potentially upset people.

It not only causes drama for the people when it is found out but also causes drama for the person who has used the alt incorrectly.

So I felt I would put some things in here that I feel people should not do with alts that can potentially lead to drama.

* Making an alt and friending people they already have as friends on another avi without letting them know, when people find out you have done this most will be pissed off and it will cause drama.

* Making an alt to spread rumors about other players or complain about something a player has done, seriously if you are going to have something to say about someone you should man up and do that with your main avi.

* Making an alt to cheat on someone you have made a commitment to in the game, it doesn't matter that this is just a game, if you make a commitment you make a commitment.

* Making an alt with a gender other than your own and deliberately deceiving people to get what you want from them, I say deliberately there as there are people that do not do that deliberately and will tell you soon after you meet them.

It is not a good idea to wait until you become good friends with someone before you let them know as in many cases I have seen drama happen that way.

It is ok to hide your gender if you feel you must but you should let people know that you meet as soon as you possibly can to avoid any trouble, the longer you leave it the more likely you will create problems.

I will say this,  in my mind there is no diff then someone having multiple avis and the other 60 percent here who just change there name after a while and keep it secret . none at all. 

Guest Twiggy

I will say this,  in my mind there is no diff then someone having multiple avis and the other 60 percent here who just change there name after a while and keep it secret . none at all. 

Yep lots seem to fuck up so bad they delete their old character and make a new one, is kind of an alt anyway.

Others just look for a new start I guess without having done anything wrong.

Yep lots seem to fuck up so bad they delete their old character and make a new one, is kind of an alt anyway.

Others just look for a new start I guess without having done anything wrong.

i almost did that but thought better of it. plus the fewer that like me, the fewer i have to say hello to :P

I 100% agree with it being no bodies business how many avis you have and what you do with them as long as other people are considered and the trouble that can be caused by using more than one avi in the game incorrectly.

I have seen a lot of drama in the game through people doing the wrong thing with alts and it has been something that has been in these forums since the game started.

It does become other peoples business if a player chooses to use alts in ways where it can effect other peoples games or potentially upset people.

It not only causes drama for the people when it is found out but also causes drama for the person who has used the alt incorrectly.

So I felt I would put some things in here that I feel people should not do with alts that can potentially lead to drama.

* Making an alt and friending people they already have as friends on another avi without letting them know, when people find out you have done this most will be pissed off and it will cause drama.

* Making an alt to spread rumors about other players or complain about something a player has done, seriously if you are going to have something to say about someone you should man up and do that with your main avi.

* Making an alt to cheat on someone you have made a commitment to in the game, it doesn't matter that this is just a game, if you make a commitment you make a commitment.

* Making an alt with a gender other than your own and deliberately deceiving people to get what you want from them, I say deliberately there as there are people that do not do that deliberately and will tell you soon after you meet them.

It is not a good idea to wait until you become good friends with someone before you let them know as in many cases I have seen drama happen that way.

It is ok to hide your gender if you feel you must but you should let people know that you meet as soon as you possibly can to avoid any trouble, the longer you leave it the more likely you will create problems.

I will start this out by saying "I completely agree with you Twiggy on several things you said"! Anything that someone does that is misleading or is done maliciously is WRONG. This happens not only here but in NUMEROUS games. Examples, IMVU, Second Life... etc... NOW with that said... I think the people who posted on this forum are actually GOOD DECENT people. Most were open about their names and what they do with them, which I found HONORABLE that they would even care to share that with us, myself included. BUT with all that said Twiggy, don't you think YOU are always gonna have GOOD and BAD no matter where you go? Not just in a game, in life in general. Meeting people in real, they tell lies, they play bullshit games, they deceive.... SO... Even though I COMPLETELY AGREE with you 100% ... WHICH SHOWS YOUR CHARACTER and mine.. and MANY others who play this game.... We are GOOD people, and believe in playing this game FAIRLY... and without BULLSHIT.... because WE give 100% of ourselves to others... BUT DONT EXPECT OTHERS TO BE LIKE US...... because that would be foolish.... there's gonna be ASSHOLES here... and DOUCHES here... AND PERVERTS... GAMEPLAYERS.. LIARS... STILL.... You are a SMART girl... YOU can figure those type out.. Don't sweat the ones who do that, because they will continue doing it.. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU POST THAT IT IS WRONG.. THEY WONT HEAR YOU.... So stick to being YOU... a FUN, HOT, INTELLIGENT, SEXY CHIC..... and let the PLAYERS PLAY ON :) smile TWIGGY... It's still a FUN game :) Tight hugs <3 xoxo

That's such a bad way to look at it Rob...... but you certainly are YOUR OWN PERSON.... very unique.... a bit difficult... many times RUDE...  but still unique....... ;)

i could really care less what most here think . its not like my quality of life improves or diminishes at all by the number of friends i have here and to be completely honest i am who i am, i make no bones about it. i could be fake as hell like the vast majority

Guest Twiggy

I will start this out by saying "I completely agree with you Twiggy on several things you said"! Anything that someone does that is misleading or is done maliciously is WRONG. This happens not only here but in NUMEROUS games. Examples, IMVU, Second Life... etc... NOW with that said... I think the people who posted on this forum are actually GOOD DECENT people. Most were open about their names and what they do with them, which I found HONORABLE that they would even care to share that with us, myself included. BUT with all that said Twiggy, don't you think YOU are always gonna have GOOD and BAD no matter where you go? Not just in a game, in life in general. Meeting people in real, they tell lies, they play bullshit games, they deceive.... SO... Even though I COMPLETELY AGREE with you 100% ... WHICH SHOWS YOUR CHARACTER and mine.. and MANY others who play this game.... We are GOOD people, and believe in playing this game FAIRLY... and without BULLSHIT.... because WE give 100% of ourselves to others... BUT DONT EXPECT OTHERS TO BE LIKE US...... because that would be foolish.... there's gonna be ASSHOLES here... and DOUCHES here... AND PERVERTS... GAMEPLAYERS.. LIARS... STILL.... You are a SMART girl... YOU can figure those type out.. Don't sweat the ones who do that, because they will continue doing it.. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU POST THAT IT IS WRONG.. THEY WONT HEAR YOU.... So stick to being YOU... a FUN, HOT, INTELLIGENT, SEXY CHIC..... and let the PLAYERS PLAY ON :) smile TWIGGY... It's still a FUN game :) Tight hugs <3 xoxo

Hey Primm,

I know what are saying and I am actually doing that, I am back in the game and having fun just being me.

I have for a long time been able to look after myself and tell who to watch out for and what to watch out for, it was not me so much I did all the posts for, it was more to let the good people that had been sucked in by all this what was right and wrong.

For a long time these forums use to make it look like people had a right to do what ever they wanted, it was just a game and therefore nothing should be taken seriously.

People who tried to post anything about being deceived or miss treated were blasted out of the forum with people saying it was there own fault because they didn't protect themselves.

That it is just a game and people have the right to do what ever they wish, that if they got hurt it was because they expected things from the game they shouldn't.

Things that were continually being said were sucking good people into believing there was nothing wrong with deceiving people in here, it was just roleplaying, and people were being told if they didn't like it to go somewhere else.

Well that doesn't happen anymore, it is now the other way around, if someone comes in these forums and tries to insist they can do what ever they want no matter what the consequences, then they get blasted out.

Yes there will always be the assholes that will just keep doing it and not care, but now the ones that would normally care that had got caught up in believing they were doing no wrong understand it was wrong.

That is what I tried to accomplish and I think I did.

i could really care less what most here think . its not like my quality of life improves or diminishes at all by the number of friends i have here and to be completely honest i am who i am, i make no bones about it. i could be fake as hell like the vast majority

Well, IN all Honesty Rob... I feel very much Like you do... I just have a nicer way of putting things.... still though... VERY MUCH REAL HERE!!!!! ;) It's called TACT... it came with age... but then again.. I'm a woman.... and we are very different from a man..... from the way they think... to how they wipe their ass... Even though we disagree Rob... I know we have common ground... you and I know how to AGREE... to DISAGREE...... and I like that about you .... ;).... so take that compliment and possibly PRY those lips apart and MAYBE... JUST MAYBE I'll get a smile out of you...... I'd like to see your smile....... I'm sure its attractive ;) xoxo's