3DXChat Community

Why multiple avatars per account?

Jola

SageStoner - no you are not the person I speak of, I will agree to make that clear!

Report? What for? The current system of multiple avatars is a licence for freaks and weirdos to piss people around. While the facility exists, such behaviour is, by default, made acceptable by the devs.  As others have said, the 'Ignore' button is seen as the all-encompassing solution to the problem. However, we don't tend to use the ignore button against people who we know and trust - at least, not when we don't realise that such people are not who they say they are.  People can be utterly convincing as I have discovered to my cost.

To those who argue the current system of multiple avatars is fair, how many of you have walked in my shoes? When you've been treated like I have, made to feel and look like a fool, forced to question and doubt everyone's good intentions and cornered to a point where you have to leave the game, then - only then - turn round and tell me that multiple avatars is a good thing.

Report? What for?

Because if you didn't care about this game, you would have just left by now. The fact that you are still here, taking the time and making the effort to write about this issue says to me that you still want to help make the game better. Plus, if you don't report it, how will the developers know that there is an issue that needs to be addressed? Maybe they read threads like this, but they probably don't read them as carefully as those of us who are participating in the discussion do. On the other hand, if you report the player and provide evidence that he broke the rules, then the developers also have to consider seriously whether to take action or not.

To those who argue the current system of multiple avatars is fair, how many of you have walked in my shoes?

You might not believe this, but I have been in your shoes. I have been on both sides of this issue, in fact. To tell the truth, since I play as both a male and a female, there is very little that can happen on this server that I have not experienced.

And I don't think than anyone here is saying that multiple avis are a good thing. What we are saying is that there are advantages and disadvantages to multiple avis per account, and that forcing people to use only one avi per account will not make this particular issue go away.

I can see your side of it, too. And I wouldn't blame you if you just quit. But I really hope that you keep on playing, and I encourage you to report the person who betrayed you. If for no other reason than to let the devs know some of the reasons why so many people play for a short while and then don't renew their subscriptions. 

Even though I stated previously that people who want to mess with your mind will find a way do do so, I have to agree with Jola on this one due to a recent crap I have experienced in game.

This ability to create multiple avis seems to be hurting more than being useful. And I feel that I have started developing that sense of mistrust to any new face I have seen as well :(

Yes of course it will not prevent people from causing trouble but at least would be a one short step to discourage them to do so.

And no I will not scream who did what kind of bad stuff in the forums or game because I do not want more discussions and drama about the specific event. The purpose of this damn game, at least for me, is escape from real life and enjoy quality time with my friends not arguing or fighting with others or moderating the game. System that I am paying for should do that for me.

I can understand why other people do it. 

Like the other night I was playing a joke where I saw Jesus come into a bar, so I created an alt where I was Lucifer.

Other times you may just want to alter your persona to roleplay a different person.

Sometimes people want to test the faithfulness of their partner.

Bud the OP is right, there are those who abuse it.  Most of these are stalkers

Stalking is bad.  If you get ignored as one character, you should get ignored with all characters in your account.

I have changed my mind a few times over what I think is best for the game all round and I have been keeping an open mind about it all. And its still a hard one to call to be honest. I can see the benefits of multi avatars, heck, I have an alt at the moment myself. But I only use that alt to joke about with my friends. They all know who it is and I don't use to actively meet new people. Can I live without having it, simple answer is YES. From my own experience and those experiences of people close to me it is clear that the multi avatar feature creates far more negativity in the game than it does benefits.

I think the main issue is with the people who play this game. Many have no interests but for themselves and don't care how their actions will effect other people. Personally I think these human beings are the lowest of the low and there is no place for them here in 3dx nor in society in general. But the sad fact of the matter is you are never going to be able to eradicate them.

A few people have mentioned this before and I have to say I now agree with them. Having just 1 avatar, for me, would be ideal, but I really cant see that happening. So the solution is to link any alts to your main character so people know who you really are. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear people.. Also, in this day and age, im sure they can impose a strict 1 account only per person. Although when it comes to losing money im not sure the developers would go with that.

The ignore feature is awful and at this moment in time, until its modified, isn't really a solution to all this. And as laura said, you don't ignore your so called friends and by the time you find out what they have been doing its too late, the damage has been done. The trust is gone and ignoring them is then pretty pointless.

People need to realise that actions will always have consequences. Your alts will always get found out eventually. I do believe it is the minority who spoil it for the majority but that's no consolation to the people who have been hurt and made to feel like fools. Like laura and Freya, I don't trust any new players anymore so im sure its only a matter of time before I quit this unless the issue is taken seriously and addressed by the Devs.

Yes its a game, yes its based around sex, but to many its more than that. Real people are behind the avatars and real people have feelings. If people grew some balls and were open and honest about their game play this whole issue would not be an issue. So what if you want to play as a male and a female!! Lots of people here do and are open about it. They are not judged or ridiculed. I think most people who play this are open minded, they wouldn't be here if they weren't!

So, 3 Avatars, 2 linked to your main one and a strict 1 account only is they way forward in my opinion.

1 avatar or 3 ... doesn't matter.

Lots of us here seen people pay for multiple accounts and 1 account per IP can be evaded without any problems.

Problem is and always was between keyboard and chair. And there's no helping that.

Report and Ignore and hope they don't have second account.

As for people getting hurt. Simple - grow thicker skin is just not good answer. People here are from different parts of world, different cultures and have different reasons to stay.

For some this is social game, for others sex one, and then certain few enjoy causing pain around...sadly.

Freya - stay strong! We had same problem tonight! :unsure:

I still see pros and cons for both sides of the argument. Some people just cause pain with multiple avi's others use them for RP or fooling around with friends. I use multiple from time to time to fool around and yes my friends know it's me. Again one avi or one hundred won't make a difference to the people intentionally playing mind games. Then you say one account per ip. Firstly devs won't go for that as it's a lose of revenue for them after all it is a buisness to the developers. Secondly what about genuine couples who play together? I have known one couple who has seperate accounts to play the game together not hurting anyone have also known rl couples who share their account. Not just here but different vl games. People who have genuine fantasies of swinging and group sex but wouldn't carry it through in rl can excercise their fantasies in vl. Whatever is implemented it would have effects on both sides.

I know this is a lot of players first foray into avi life and find it difficult how to deal with VL. Feelings unfortunately we all learn the hard way how to deal with those feelings and where they need to be kept. Yes avi life does become a part of RL I'm not saying they are totally seperate. We all have that point in the day where something from avi life comes into your head and gives you a smile or a frown. Virtual world is full of memories good and bad but it's still virtual. He'll I'm sat here at work thinking if something in my avi life is going to come good. I'm sorry some people feel they have to leave the game when their feelings get hurt. It all comes down to the individual and controlling those feelings. Unfortunately this is virtual life it's how it's always been and how it always will be.

I think there isn't a solution that everyone can agree with and can solve completly the problem.

We are all adults, we all know there are risks in everything we do. Someone smokes even if it is dangerous, we just have to accept what could happen, nothing more.

What are you looking for in 3dx chat truly? Friends? Love? or what else? Why are you looking for friends and/or love in something intended to be a game? Why don't look for them in real instead? Real life hurts also but with the advantage that the cheater must be exposed so you can take countermeasures.

I am not going to judge anyone, just try to be sincere to yourself answering these questions in your mind, you'll see your future more clearly because if you are looking for something real into a virtual world, you are going to cry alot. Be conscious that 3dx chat relationships or friendships cannot last long if you do not share real life details (something that identify you without any doubt). Obviously this doesn't mean you should not interact with others but just be aware of the risks, If you are used to, you will cry less. What if your best friend or your beloved will disappear suddenly? I know someone of you had these thoughts and quickly blown them away, but seriously, are you ready to handle that? You can't even make a phone call.

So who is willing to share its real identity with everyone right now? Supposing no one, why? Perhaps who plays an adult game is worst than who plays League of Legends? How can you demand people being honest with you, if you are the first one's hiding? This is the point, you can't be half in or half out, you just have to choose your path and get the consequences as always. You have to accept the way you are playing and do the same with other players.

So my tip here is just take it easy, live this experience lightly with happiness. The purpose of a game is to make you have fun. Try do not expect anything and look carefully to your negative experiences, you can always, I say again always, shape them into something positive just for you or for someone close to you.

And remember that dick's mom is always pregnant.

Reading this thread I felt I must add my thoughts to it. I am against multiple unmarked avi's. I believe the compromise should be a tag on the profile so the account can be identified.

I have myself been a victim of great hurt by someone on this thread...and others not on this thread. I have also experienced multiple times the lies & rumours spread and designed to hurt. Infact there were rumours going around about me during my absence from game which was a new low point of stress and hurt upon returning.

It would be great to believe that ppl are all adults and have a morale compass which they follow, but this general wash over statement as a remedy is not going to work. We do not ask people to judge and police themselves do we? no we have laws in society to ensure the majority adhere to the correct morale decisions

It is a sad fact there exists an element to this community which is out to hurt and frankly, honestly bully. I don't feel comfortable logging in and I now trust very few ppl on 3dx. How long I retain my sub is unclear. I am sure I will decide in the coming weeks.

The reason I am so infrequently on now compared to 2 months ago is the simple fact that users have far too much freedom and ability to do what they like to other users and then hide their actions behind multiple avatars. There is no accountability for actions.

I am positive change needs to happen for the community to move forward. if many other ppl like myself are unhappy and feel hurt and are leaving or contemplating leaving. That fact in itself is surely not a good thing.

I think there isn't a solution that everyone can agree with and can solve completly the problem.

We are all adults, we all know there are risks in everything we do. Someone smokes even if it is dangerous, we just have to accept what could happen, nothing more.

What are you looking for in 3dx chat truly? Friends? Love? or what else? Why are you looking for friends and/or love in something intended to be a game? Why don't look for them in real instead? Real life hurts also but with the advantage that the cheater must be exposed so you can take countermeasures.

I am not going to judge anyone, just try to be sincere to yourself answering these questions in your mind, you'll see your future more clearly because if you are looking for something real into a virtual world, you are going to cry alot. Be conscious that 3dx chat relationships or friendships cannot last long if you do not share real life details (something that identify you without any doubt). Obviously this doesn't mean you should not interact with others but just be aware of the risks, If you are used to, you will cry less. What if your best friend or your beloved will disappear suddenly? I know someone of you had these thoughts and quickly blown them away, but seriously, are you ready to handle that? You can't even make a phone call.

So who is willing to share its real identity with everyone right now? Supposing no one, why? Perhaps who plays an adult game is worst than who plays League of Legends? How can you demand people being honest with you, if you are the first one's hiding? This is the point, you can't be half in or half out, you just have to choose your path and get the consequences as always. You have to accept the way you are playing and do the same with other players.

So my tip here is just take it easy, live this experience lightly with happiness. The purpose of a game is to make you have fun. Try do not expect anything and look carefully to your negative experiences, you can always, I say again always, shape them into something positive just for you or for someone close to you.

And remember that dick's mom is always pregnant.

Whilst I respect your opinion, I do not agree with it. You may be too ashamed to share your real details with friends, but some are fine with it. Im not worried about my true identity. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear (I think I mentioned that in an earlier post). My picture is me.. Some of my friends have my Skype and other messaging services.. And I know may others in the game do to.

Whilst you may be able to come her and not want to make and enjoy friendships doesn't mean others shouldn't. Yes everyone has their RL friends, but why should you be so narrow minded to think you cant have friendships online?! I cant understand that ideal.. The fun for many people here is sharing friendships, experiences and emotions, not just watching avatars having sex..

I guess we differ on that is fun and what is just plain boring!.. Yes there are risks to forming virtal friendships, but the use of multi anonymous avatars to deliberately deceive people is low, even for VL..

I know you are a nice guy, and im not trying to shoot you down, but there really is more to VL than just rp, sex etc..

The worst thing I've heard here is people saying it puts them off trusting and playing with new people.

When I first joined I felt pretty lonely irl and in game. Apart from colds and the usual all I could see were little cliques that filled local chat with impenetrable banality. I remember that at school and I hated it then.

Now I know it's probably just me. I've always been a bit shy and make friends slowly and I'm glad to say I'm not in that place anymore. Yeah people have hurt me in the game, not maliciously I don't think, just carelessly but I'm a positive person and always hope for sunshine after rain.

If distrust puts you off opening yourself a little that's a shame and in the end hurts you more than it protects you I think.

I don't think restricting avi's or making everyone's avi's apparent is the right answer necessarily I'm sure it's a minority that play this maliciously no? Maybe I'm being naive but I've not been hurt this way that I know of and don't use alts anyway.

Just please, on behalf of peeps who might feel like I did, don't be cold because others were mean to you. Shine through. You're all better than this :)

Love

Doll

The worst thing I've heard here is people saying it puts them off trusting and playing with new people.

When I first joined I felt pretty lonely irl and in game. Apart from colds and the usual all I could see were little cliques that filled local chat with impenetrable banality. I remember that at school and I hated it then.

Now I know it's probably just me. I've always been a bit shy and make friends slowly and I'm glad to say I'm not in that place anymore. Yeah people have hurt me in the game, not maliciously I don't think, just carelessly but I'm a positive person and always hope for sunshine after rain.

If distrust puts you off opening yourself a little that's a shame and in the end hurts you more than it protects you I think.

I don't think restricting avi's or making everyone's avi's apparent is the right answer necessarily I'm sure it's a minority that play this maliciously no? Maybe I'm being naive but I've not been hurt this way that I know of and don't use alts anyway.

Just please, on behalf of peeps who might feel like I did, don't be cold because others were mean to you. Shine through. You're all better than this :)

Love

Doll

I am agree with you in staying positive and try your best, it is the reason I am still around, but I don't believe your statement of ignore it and keep smiling is a very sensible solution or answer for being lied to or having rumours being spread around or for in game bullying. 

I have to ask the question minority or not...what would be so wrong about having a tag in your profile marking your account for others to know who they speaking to really?. If your honest then what possible reason could you have for not wanting or validating that happens in the future updates?

Whilst I respect your opinion, I do not agree with it. You may be too ashamed to share your real details with friends, but some are fine with it. Im not worried about my true identity. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear (I think I mentioned that in an earlier post). My picture is me.. Some of my friends have my Skype and other messaging services.. And I know may others in the game do to.Whilst you may be able to come her and not want to make and enjoy friendships doesn't mean others shouldn't. Yes everyone has their RL friends, but why should you be so narrow minded to think you cant have friendships online?! I cant understand that ideal.. The fun for many people here is sharing friendships, experiences and emotions, not just watching avatars having sex..I guess we differ on that is fun and what is just plain boring!.. Yes there are risks to forming virtal friendships, but the use of multi anonymous avatars to deliberately deceive people is low, even for VL..I know you are a nice guy, and im not trying to shoot you down, but there really is more to VL than just rp, sex etc..

Do not get me wrong Macca, I'm not saying that :)

Mine was a provocative post, didn't mean you can't have online friendship or relationship, but you have to be aware of the risks without asking for developers to limit the freedom of other users. You also have to share who you are truly or how would you call it friendship? We are talking about something more than "hey how are you today hun?" Right?

I'm an online beast, I have lots of friends met online and Im trying to grow friendship in this awesome community also. I am talking with someone here for weeks and never had "sex" with them, just enjoying the chat. Then If someone will ever makes fun of me i'll accept that, it's part of the VL. That's it

I am agree with you in staying positive and try your best, it is the reason I am still around, but I don't believe your statement of ignore it and keep smiling is a very sensible solution or answer for being lied to or having rumours being spread around or for in game bullying.

I have to ask the question minority or not...what would be so wrong about having a tag in your profile marking your account for others to know who they speaking to really?. If your honest then what possible reason could you have for not wanting or validating that happens in the future updates?

I don't care if they restrict to one avi or tag them all for the account makes no difference to me, I only have the one me. I just don't like the idea of a few people who've been hurt restricting people's freedom to play the game (as my first post)

Second post I'm kinda saying just please don't let it make you not talk to noobs. Shine through that.

Guess maybe I've just not suffered from it enough to understand where this is coming from but I get that there shouldn't be bullying or having rumours spread. How the hell are you gonna stop that though, can't stop that irl let alone virtually where there are even less consequences

Do not get me wrong Macca, I'm not saying that :)

Mine was a provocative post, didn't mean you can't have online friendship or relationship, but you have to be aware of the risks without asking for developers to limit the freedom of other users. You also have to share who you are truly or how would you call it friendship? We are talking about something more than "hey how are you today hun?" Right?

I'm an online beast, I have lots of friends met online and Im trying to grow friendship in this awesome community also. I am talking with someone here for weeks and never had "sex" with them, just enjoying the chat. Then If someone will ever makes fun of me i'll accept that, it's part of the VL. That's it

Ok Rodolfo,

Maybe it was just a language barrier issue. It gave the impression that online friendships were nonsense and not worth having. I agree you need to be careful who you share information with, its common sense, but the behaviour of some players is so devious as they are allowed to hide behind alts. I also agree limiting peoples options would not be a good thing for the game. But I can not see any issues what so ever why all alts cant be tagged by the original/main avatar? Lets face it, the only reason people would not be happy with this idea is if they want to 'hide' in the game. And people very rarely hide for a constructive reason.

I'm not sure tagging each account is a good idea either. Some players use vl to hide themselves from friends to take part in fantasies where they could be embarrassed to share with friends even vl friends so the use of discreet multi avi's work for them carrying out fantasies without harming others tagging them removes a side of their gameplay

Realistically when we talk about multi avi's it's generally guys playing girls to get close to another girl. VW is a male dominated world the genuine females are unfortunately on the minority and to survive need to be of strong mind. There are many guys playing girls who openly display this on their profiles. I take my hat off to you I have nothing against your sexual orientation or preferences. It's the guys going around lying and deceiving females to get close to them. This may offend some but it's my believe that the guys out there masquerading as females to get close to other females. Personally I think they are weak individuals, you find it difficult to communicate with the opposite sex, to be honest and to be yourself. I have seen it so often in vl you start as yourself and find your getting nowhere no one is showing you much attention, you come back as a girl try with the same girl and bam you think this is so much easier to get attention and be liked you may not set out to hurt feelings but inevitably you do. You gain her trust she opens up to you then you think "ok I will tell her I'm a guy she likes me now" it isn't going to work you have lied and deceived her for however long and you drive another female from VW. There are one or two habitual offenders of this on 3DX no matter how often they get caught they delete and come back one or three avi make no difference to them.

One of these offenders actually hit on me for a second time with a new avi fortunately this time around I was savvy enough to discover him before we went beyond flirting. Rather than get mad or "out" him I took the time to listen to him try to understand his motives and yes they basically centred around being able to get close to people and be paid more attention from both sexes. Sad really some people don't have the courage to be themselves.

Rodolfo I thought your post showed some valid points in the beginning but lost it as you got further in. Yes to some it will never be anything other than a game were all here for our own reasons. Some have no interest in opening up about themselves others do it freely. Friendships even love can grow in vl. Over the years I've seen friends take the step from VL to RL some successful some not. VL like RL we have to open take the risk knowing you could be hurt. Take your time getting to know someone before throwing all your emotions in telltale signs soon show that the person isn't who or what they claim to be. Be wary take precautions it's your own feeling that are at risk. If the person is genuine they will have no issues in sharing different means of contact, photos etc.

In the end I still think it comes down to each individual looking out for themselves first and foremost. We protect our feelings in RL VL is no different we just have to be that bit more careful in who we are opening upto.

Many people in this thread make the mistake of thinking their experience/opinion is general fact. I also don't like the heavy terminology from some people in this thread. "Deceiving, weak, lies."

Stewie makes a very valid point against tagging the account name to avatars. If I were to use another avatar to live out a fantasy that many of my normal friends frown upon the last thing I would want is to see my account name tagged to the other avatar.

And to all those men in here who feel threatened in their heterosexuality because a man flirted with them with a female avatar: you are hilarious and funny for a trans person like me.

Once more: the problem is not the multiple avatars, it's people abusing them to troll/harass others. And the solution for THAT is very simple: screenshot and report

And to all those men in here who feel threatened in their heterosexuality because a man flirted with them with a female avatar: you are hilarious and funny for a trans person like me.

Tanya, there is a difference between a man using a female avi to 'flirt' and using it to build a friendship/relationship based on that lie. Myself and many other men are not 'threatened' by men using female avi's, its accepted it happens. But to deliberately lie about your gender to help form a relationship/friendship with straight, heterosexual men or women for that matter, in my eyes in bang out of order. From my experience its one of the main reasons men and women quit this game. Im not sure why you would find that 'hilarious'?

"Deceiving, weak, lies" is exactly what these trolls are so again im not sure how that's heavy? They could be called a lot worse!

You yourself are open in game about your transgender, so everyone knows what they are getting. Lot of respect for that and its a shame others feel they cant be so open about it. They hide behind the avi and 'lie' because they are 'weak' and end up 'deceiving people', whether you think that's acceptable behaviour here or not..

Actually, you are right there Macca. I let my emotions get the best of me. I apologize.

And to be honest, I get annoyed with men like that too. I had the experience too where a guy tries to chat me up, I turn him down because he's simply not my type I and then a girl appears that talks EXACTLY like that guy from five minutes earlier. Yes, that IS weak.

Oh, and if I get one more "girl" that starts a conversation with "I think shemales are sexy" she WILL get a kick in "her" nuts. :)

Actually, you are right there Macca. I let my emotions get the best of me. I apologize.

And to be honest, I get annoyed with men like that too. I had the experience too where a guy tries to chat me up, I turn him down because he's simply not my type I and then a girl appears that talks EXACTLY like that guy from five minutes earlier. Yes, that IS weak.

Oh, and if I get one more "girl" that starts a conversation with "I think shemales are sexy" she WILL get a kick in "her" nuts. :)

:) hey this is a controversial thread and there are going to be lots of differing opinions, its human nature. No one is 100% correct and no one is 100% wrong. Personally is doesn't effect me or how I play the game. Im me, take me or leave me and am think skinned enough to not let the trolls get to me. But.. Ive seen quite a few friends now hurt by these tactics. One of them, by best friend here, who I met on my very first day, quit because of it. So I lost a good friend and the guy won.. This person has now apologised and seen the errors of his ways, but that doesn't detract from the fact there are many others doing the same.

PS.. Your Avi is kinda sexy ;o ..

For my part I have 2 avis that one is my main and I prefer to play this one. i'm a man and I love men so difficult to play as girl and have the same feeling about the RP :( .

But I love my second avi too, not for the sex because this one have to be "virgin" till the wedding lol, I play Philippa in game but only to have the possibility to use the pole dance for example and to dance as gogo when we have DJ too in locations. Never I try to hurt someone that because I said in the profile of this avi that is a male operator a female avi. 

But I can understand how it's hard to play as gay in game and don't find someone, I stay practically 3 weeks before to have some fun :( but it was not a reason to lie to the people sure it's easy to have fun as girl in it, easier than to play like I had decided to do.

Hope to that the shemale help a lot for some of us playing as women but not so sure. :unsure:  

Like as said Brun it's not the fault of the game if the things are like that it's most a problem of assuming the difference of each other and more poses for each community will help a lot, never I will say that enough :)

hope just that it will be something different in future 

but I want to keep my too avis just for the fun  :wub:

I'm in a similar boat to JeanMi - though even further down the line. I've got 2 avatars, JamesJames and JesseBomb - and I explicitly state on my girl character that I'm actually a guy. It's a place for me where I can experiment safely with gender-play, and being genderqueer myself, I value this a lot. There was a time where I was afraid that by announcing I'm a guy on my girl character, I would get hate for it- but I found out that it's actually worse to not be honest- I couldn't go through with pretending I was someone I am not. I wrote a line in my profile announcing I'm a genderqueer guy playing with gender, and that if it's not someone's thing, it's not. I've found it to be very empowering, as a lot of open-minded people have still been interested in interacting with me, even when they know I'm a guy. I've met some wonderful queer people, made friends as Jesse, and had a good time.

I agree that making alts to pretend to be someone else to hurt someone is awful, though. But as Brun said, you can't do anything about awful people being awful.

Also, I strongly disagree with the ideas about "player gender" profiles and changing colours of names depending, etc. I think that's pretty invasive and really yucky when it comes to gender politics etc- reinforces the gender binary and just hurts all those wonderful people who aren't sure which gender they fit into. You've got to remember, there's a large Transgender population here, as well as queer, genderqueer and other gender identified people here, who really wouldn't appreciate being thrown into categories like that. But that's a little off-topic.

It's a place for me where I can experiment safely with gender-play, and being genderqueer myself, I value this a lot. There was a time where I was afraid that by announcing I'm a guy on my girl character, I would get hate for it- but I found out that it's actually worse to not be honest- I couldn't go through with pretending I was someone I am not. I wrote a line in my profile announcing I'm a genderqueer guy playing with gender, and that if it's not someone's thing, it's not. I've found it to be very empowering, as a lot of open-minded people have still been interested in interacting with me, even when they know I'm a guy.

There are a lot of us who have had that exact same experience. I don't want to go too far off-topic either, but I suspect that there are a lot of people who aren't transgender or transsexual who have no idea just how empowering this game is for those of us who are. And I agree that this is yet another reason to keep the system just the way it is. 

Guest BooBear

Alright, I want to chime in here finally.

To me it simply comes down to the direction in which each player decides to exist here.  I do not think it is wrong to have multiple AVIs as a whole, but only to the extent where ALTs are not used to be deceptive or hurt others. 

People here either choose to play "Detached" or "Relational". Some fall in between the two.  

Reational:  For those who choose to be 100% exclusive, I recommend using one Character, that is, NO ALTS.  Be as real as you can, restrain your desire to be deceptive and building a stronger bond between you and your significant other here.  

Detached: Those who choose to not be relational play with little desire for drama and conflict in general.  This is ok for them if they decide that, an having ALTs is their prerogative.  In this case, it is acceptable, if they are forward about their style of game play. 

The Median:   This is where the problems seem to arise.   The intermingling of Relational and Detached players.   If an "exclusive" couple decides to be relational but want to still remain a little detached, a disclaimer should be formed between the two individuals. Moreover, I would personally suggest: Make the agreement consist of two major points: 1) Never disclose the name of the detached ALT and always protect the heart of your significant other by being as discreet as possible.  The goal is to keep intact the agreement and remain as true as possible.   This obviously should be a mutual agreement between the couple. 2) Never use ALTs to leverage your main AVI.  Do not seek out intel regarding your "main" to position your "main" for any reason whatsoever.  This is highly deceptive and if revealed will cause great doubt as to the legitimacy of your "main" AVI. 

All in all I believe it comes down to the decision one makes regarding the use of their ALTs.    If your intentions are to simply have fun, yet at the same time realizing that there are "real people" playing a game, you should be very thoughtful when bringing out new alt into the game.   If your intentions are deceptive or hurtful, than I believe that you will eventually bring much strife among your peers. 

Those are my thoughts on the topic.