3DXChat Community

User Rooms

Gizmo

Yeah, told you I am oracle. You still don't believe me ... tsk... tsk.. tsk... :D

/me asks the oracle if the devs are going to realise that the few minutes it would take to give us these cubes will make so many of us so happy ??

I think cubes like this would an awesome Idea :)

With different colours!

It's simple to prepare but this cubes brings the players an powerful thing for an individual Design of her homes!

With them are Dance stages possible and many more things.

I think this cubes are very useful B)

led-cube-44.jpg?w=640

LED_outdoor_cube_light_cube_seat_Colorfu

/me raises her hand and snaps her fingers wild :) :) :) :) 

I definitly wants this  :D 

I remember when Stu and Solen were doing content. There was a big thing about the content not being compatible. Issues created... Blah blah (does not compute) blah. Anyway.. This is a platform that is different, graphically at least from anything we have seen. 

It seems to be expected that they allow foreign code into their system... Foreign meaning that it deviates from the system they have established. Look, I do not know how close the devs are to the creators/investors/whatever.  I am sure that it takes time to get suggestions up to the chain of command. Maybe initially, those in charge thought... "User Content!" Yesss! However, there is likely a lot involved with allowing user content into their system. I have seen games with excellent user content but on the flip some that is terrible. Which brings about another issue. Imagine the topics if the users do not like the content implemented. A lot to consider.  I am not a coder, outside of database and some mainframe, I know nothing about coding. Not an expert but will continue with my two pennies.

Still, it appears that it takes more than we know to incorporate. Also seems that the initial vision for this game was just sex and virtual sex. So V Stroker and technology based in virtual sex were the focus. Maybe, just maybe, the idea was not that a virtual community would grow. So now they scramble to accommodate such a community. No asslicking here, just thinking. Also, I have read that the initial code was discussed but the format will not be, it is proprietary. Unless you are an official employee, well.. quite frankly, they are not going to give you shit nor should they. What they should do... Develop an interface or platform that is manageable on the back end. One that will allow for user submitted content to the extent that they would only need to code review and implement. A base model, anyone can develop for that takes into account the dimensions for... Let's say a female avatar.  I think the problem is that this game had the advantage on graphics but let's be real... In the world of instant gratification, you can not maintain such an advantage without change. Honestly, it is no longer the drawing factor for me but that is me.

But keep in mind that they still need to implement. It is easy to say "oh it should take this amount of time" however, in addition to development time there is testing and debugging. It is not as simple as we would like to think. They would need to build something that allows for integrating user code within the game. Let's face it, dollars count. Maybe it involves more cost than they are willing to invest. Man hours cost money. I agree that there are a lot of missed and forgone opportunities but let's build a strong case. We can do things that out hobbies or learning experiences, but it does not mean that we can compare that experience to designing and maintaining the functionality of the game. Because honestly, I could try to get a job as a DBA, when my experience is my little bill paying DB. All the while  I am interviewing to manage data warehouses. LOL a lot different than an Access or SQL database managed on my personal network. In conclusion, at the end of the day, unless you are in the know, you can only guess in regard to the reasons and all that. At the end of the day you are on the outside not knowing the internal mechanics. So we are only left with suggestions and ideas. My two cents that no one asked for :P

Camden as many of your comments seem to focused on things I have said I have to say although I agree with you on some things I do not on others.

There are things in development that do need a lot of testing and others that should not require any testing at all, that is unless they made a complete botch up in creating the database at the start.

The cubes that have just been added and wall papers and such are simple adds, if they have their database organized properly it is just a matter of placing it in there and scripting a simple call, the only conflict that could happen is if they name the item or a variable they may use when calling it the same as one already used.

That same rule applies to a simple hobbyist setup or the largest database there is.

Other things like the new GUI is more complicated, there they would need to be more careful towards creating bugs as it involves a lot more scripting.

I agree with you that implementing user content would take a lot more than most would think, I actually pointed that out in one of my comments.

My main focus has been on the simple things that could be added that would make a difference, many have been in both the last update and the upcoming update.

That and that the devs do not seem to be watching the trends in the game and seeing what could be simply added.

One of the people working on our little project happens to be very experienced, he has worked on very large websites for the likes of the commonwealth bank, Zurich and other large websites that are a lot more involved than 3DXChat.

He tells us stories of what it was like when pcs 1st came out and a 10mb hard drive was considered huge when hard drives were 1st introduced.

He was working in computers way back then.

Things I have stated in my posts have not been from guessing, I have asked questions to people I know that are able to answer those questions and only stated things I am clear on.

Some I have said to be my opinion and that it is possible, said where I can not understand certain things where different things have been done or not done.

Camden as many of your comments seem to focused on things I have said I have to say although I agree with you on some things I do not on others.

There are things in development that do need a lot of testing and others that should not require any testing at all, that is unless they made a complete botch up in creating the database at the start.

The cubes that have just been added and wall papers and such are simple adds, if they have their database organized properly it is just a matter of placing it in there and scripting a simple call, the only conflict that could happen is if they name the item or a variable they may use when calling it the same as one already used.

That same rule applies to a simple hobbyist setup or the largest database there is.

Other things like the new GUI is more complicated, there they would need to be more careful towards creating bugs as it involves a lot more scripting.

I agree with you that implementing user content would take a lot more than most would think, I actually pointed that out in one of my comments.

My main focus has been on the simple things that could be added that would make a difference, many have been in both the last update and the upcoming update.

That and that the devs do not seem to be watching the trends in the game and seeing what could be simply added.

One of the people working on our little project happens to be very experienced, he has worked on very large websites for the likes of the commonwealth bank, Zurich and other large websites that are a lot more involved than 3DXChat.

He tells us stories of what it was like when pcs 1st came out and a 10mb hard drive was considered huge when hard drives were 1st introduced.

He was working in computers way back then.

Things I have stated in my posts have not been from guessing, I have asked questions to people I know that are able to answer those questions and only stated things I am clear on.

Some I have said to be my opinion and that it is possible, said where I can not understand certain things where different things have been done or not done.

My "comment"was directed toward yours and at general commentary of why can't this or that happen as I have seen it. I see it a lot. I am not going to volley though. I work in the IT field and have since being a college intern. I deal with the timelines and back and forth everyday. So I know from experience there is often more involved than what is on the surface. And yes, in some cases things are easier when a template or sandbox is built to deploy from. But like I said, I do not have the answers. I do not work in the 3D animation field code is code though, some more complex than others. However, I know a bit about managing developers as it is part of my job. So I am there for all of the planning, the discussions for what will take what amount of time. So I know certainly that things are not always cut and dry. I have been there, managing a large implementation from a sandbox and asking those similar questions. "Well if you did this here, why not just apply it here?" I have learned lessons through it by being hands on and understanding the process but as an employee it was my right, I needed to know, so I found out and things were not always as they seemed nor were they as easy as I would have thought. One of the things I have learned, is that you never estimate for a developer. You hold them to their estimates but only they can make the most accurate. That was the point.

Well, they came up with the cubes pretty quickly (or at least the announcement that we would get them) so, obviously, some things can be created fast, although (and I don't want to sound negative but...) a cube must be straight out of 3D Graphics 101 ;)

b037200891ecfe094bae708e536ebf6a.gif

This made my day, i think people will get more creative now :)

They altered the collision points on the tables, they used to have a smaller collision point than the size of the tables and we could overlap them and make a floor with no holes.

Now they cant be, tables only but up against each other now and if you make a dance flor or stage from them you have big holes between them.

The cubes should allow us to make some really nice dance floors and things.

And yes we should be able to bang, dance, walk, run, sit, lay and masturbate on them.

hmm, I hope they are made from materials that don't show stains.

They altered the collision points on the tables, they used to have a smaller collision point than the size of the tables and we could overlap them and make a floor with no holes.

Now they cant be, tables only but up against each other now and if you make a dance flor or stage from them you have big holes between them.

The cubes should allow us to make some really nice dance floors and things.

And yes we should be able to bang, dance, walk, run, sit, lay and masturbate on them.

hmm, I hope they are made from materials that don't show stains.

Hehehehe liked the last part "made from materials that dont show stains" and i hope that they add materials for that so we can get creative.... like metal, glowing, wood, bricks etc...  :wub:

This idea ive said before, Connect both rooms together using the door as a portal? If we open this room for public our guests can access the other room using the door.. with the option to turn it off ofcourse if we dont want to share the other room... it would be nice and looks like its a second floor for our homes

Not a bad idea althought we should don't forget some doors in some rooms are no more clikable  :D (dance floor in front of it, a couch, a bed in cage or whatever ...)

That would leave us with the choice to keep our doors available or not i guess.

Not a bad idea althought we should don't forget some doors in some rooms are no more clikable :D (dance floor in front of it, a couch, a bed in cage or whatever ...)

That would leave us with the choice to keep our doors available or not i guess.

As I said "option to turn it off or on" up to you

hanging pictures awesome idea!  there are several picture frames throughout 3dx.  this tells me they are already mapped.  uploading a jpeg is also already covered.  how much development could be needed to release this to us?  dare i say you could even charge us for multiples like you do now for profile pics...hhhmmmm.  kisses