3DXChat Community

Should the devs pay more attention to the clubs in rooms

Guest Twiggy

Guest Twiggy

A few months ago when I returned from a break I noticed how much the game had gone more to our rooms.

Although that really started some time ago it had expanded quite a bit in just that few months I was away.

I have just returned again after a couple of months away and noticed it seems to have gone even further that way.

Talking with a couple of people they said mostly the crowds are in clubs made in private rooms.

My question to everyone is should the devs give this more attention than they have been prepared to and what do you think they should be adding.

Hummmm Night time would be nice. BUT ALSO A SHOWER WITH POSES IN MY ROOM rofl and   what about a place that we could sail boats with our partners? I wouldn't think that would take much to do.

Nothing like a moon light sail with your sweetie winks

Shorty

Of yes and pick her up in your arms and carry her.

I would say you or they actually wouldn't want to do to much. Then everyone would skip the public rooms and just go to the private ones. I doubt very seriously thats what the devs are after. 

Guest Twiggy

I would say you or they actually wouldn't want to do to much. Then everyone would skip the public rooms and just go to the private ones. I doubt very seriously thats what the devs are after. 

Actually Rob you might be surprised.

Each public room has it's own server and the more people go in them the better that server needs to be.

Where as our rooms are actually hosted by us, our computer becomes the server in many ways with only an assets server which supplies all rooms needing to be supplied by 3DX it self.

There has been a trend where people are sticking to their own groups of friends and even rooms for different genders, private clubs give these people a way to get active in those groups in ways they don't in public clubs.

I think if it wasn't for the popularity of club rooms there would not be any where near as many members as there are as there are lots that don't particularly like the public clubs.

Yes I know the devs would like to keep numbers up in the public locations, but if they just cater for that they would likely loose custom from people who don't like the big crowds and what comes from it.

In private clubs you don't get bothered any where near as much, depending on the room of coarse.

i will put it to you like this. do you think the devs want new people to join and see nobody in public rooms? The answer is no. why do you think they made the new club and not just give people extra stuff for rooms. Its about the almighty dollar and im sure they dont want someone walking into a ghost town when they first log

Rob is Right I work over in Eros Island and we use o have it where New Member came into a room with nothing but a Guide telling them to move on , and they didn't like it cause they saw no one , they wanted enter action, it's why we come, and it we log in as a new Member and see no one we are likely to say forget this I'm out, also if everyone sticks to just there set friends and not let or hang with New members , they are likely to leave also, cause like I said we all come for some sort of interaction, it's fun to hang out every now and then , but we need something at lease once a week or Month where everyone can meet , meet and greet we call them , just my take cause been around and have seen things go Privet and when they do , things change , can't say always for the better.

I find that people are going to their own or someone else's private room because there are more RP clans/groups now. I've noticed an increase of such over the past few months myself; many music clubs popped up while we were having trouble with the radio back in January, I believe.

I don't see how this will affect people showing up in public rooms as not everyone is interested in roleplaying. Public rooms will always have their place, as areas where many types of people will congregate and meet others from outside their current group of friends.

If you read above you would have seen that the discussion was about giving people private clubs. ala fresco. If you think doing that wouldnt hurt the public clubs, i dont know what to tell you

Guest Twiggy

There will always be people that prefer to go to the public clubs, they will always have people in them.

There is a good number of private clubs as it is that often get a good number of people in them while the public clubs still maintain a decent amount in them to.

What I am talking about is catering for preference, some prefer the main clubs others prefer the private clubs.

I do understand what you and Red are talking about Rob, but I also think they could take advantage of the trend and gain more numbers.

For example.

Make it so all people that take a 12 months sub get a bigger room.

There are lots of people that didn't take up the cheap 12 month offer, that could pull some of them back in and I would doubt very much that anyone would say I hate that and leave.

What are they going to do as the population grows, just keep adding more clubs ? sorry but I don't think that is the way to go.

There is definitely a good number of people that do not like the public clubs, you hardly ever see them there.

They go to the main events and that's about it and you might even be surprised how many of them there are.

What you seem to be suggesting Rob is we force everyone to go to the public clubs to keep appearance of numbers up, there are people that won't do that.

All I am saying is the trend is there and happening now where people are making private clubs and some people prefer that.

Others prefer the main clubs and I think they need to cater for both.

Right now there are three clubs. As the population grows they can add more things but another club shouldn't be it. I think that maybe they can make a bigger room one or two but from what I have seen in updates most of what is available to the clubs are available in private rooms. There is the same furniture, DJ booth, drink coolers, etc. So I am not sure what more they could do outside of creating bigger personal rooms. I cannot imagine that it would be feasible to make public locations also available as private locations. I think part of the fun in creating private clubs is the art of creating them by using the imagination. Also disagree with 12 month sub having the bigger room, it should be available to all as some pay monthly and in six months pay the same or more as a 12 month sub.

im not suggesting forcing anyone to do anything. Just stating facts or at least how i see them. While it may be good for people here to have that stuff, I dont really see it happening. I could be wrong... Ive been wrong before. 

There's a missing point. Many of the indivduals' clubs are for fetishes and RP. Do you want a public brothel? Do you want public LGBT clubs? Do you want public rape rooms? I'm actually rather thankful that people with non-standard sexual appetites are doing their thing away from the main public areas. Folks who want those things are free to go there while the public areas are mostly for meeting people, dancing and socializing. I think that's why this site is attracting those looking for traditional mf lovemaking and those who want something less traditional which is probably a good thing for the site's bottom line. 

Guest Twiggy

I agree that it shouldn't be a full club and it should still be a room we make our self, lots of people have created some pretty cool rooms and i like to think I am one of them.

People who know me know I am always working on my rooms and trying new things.

I would like to see just a few things added that would make it so we don't have to use CE to be able to achieve what we want.

I don't use CE and would love to be able to do things like poles on stages and such.

There has been several great ideas presented in these forums, blinds for windows to cut out the light, ways to put pictures on walls that would also allow us to make like signs for names of our clubs.

I would also like to be able to have similar lights to what they have in NC, the coloured ones that flash around and a decent way to make a stage.

There are quite a few things they could easily do that would make it so we could do so much better.

I think we have to stop thinking that the monthly sub should cover everything, I know other games don't do that.

But yes it should be kept to a reasonable level so you don't have to be spending heaps to get what you want.

My suggestion about getting a bigger room with a 12 month sub is also to get more people in the game.

As was said by Camden there are lots that only take 1 month subs as it suites them or when something interesting comes out, me included.

If I was to get something more for a 12 month sub I would likely take it, the savings isn't enough incentive for me and I would guess there would be others feel the same.

Maybe they could have a purchase price as well for the ones that don't want to take on the 12 month option.

For me getting sex poses all the time as a main incentive to hang around is not enough.

Sitting on a couch with 2 guys feeling me up while I stroke their dicks is ok but no big deal and the only dick I want between my legs would have to be attached to a man.

Not only do I think we need more for our rooms but we also need more to do other than sex.

Strip tease poses, lap dances, dances we can choreograph, some sort of games we can play and things like that.

But i guess I am just dreaming, I just think it would make a huge difference and keep a lot more people interested.

Other games don't charge this amount. I can play Second Life for free and some others then pay for some customizations. I wouldn't commit to 12 months. I feel too many services want a commitment it drives me bonkers. Lol anyway, I think that we do not need to drive away those who are paying subscribers. If the room is available just for those who sub for 12 months I can see people taking issue with that.

I do agree regarding customizations being made available so that a cheat isn't needed. Also more things to do. I quit because I was bored within five minutes of landing and I don't wish to have sex with any stranger I meet within that timeframe. Even chilling with friends we created things outside of the game to do which is a pain as you have to sync up. Anyway, that is my unwanted penny.

User-rooms are a mixed bag. If there's too many of them going, the population spreads out and you don't ever really see anyone around even if there's a good amount of people logged into the game. I'm basing that statement on having seen it happen in at least three other games where UGC rooms were a primary feature. Right now, the fact you have to be online for your room to open sort of self-regulates that to some degree. Even as I post this, there's a number of users including myself who can't login and that's probably lowered the open room count a bit from the normal stats. :3

On the other hand, UGC rooms are awesome. It takes burden off the devs to create new locations. The user rooms can have custom streaming for music (or none, if they'd like). Some of them are really creative and because they're not the public main areas you can set a theme for the zone; whereas taking over a public zone could ruffle feathers depending on how it's done.

Something I've seen in another game was that players could purchase a "guild package" that allowed them to establish a permanent presence. This game also had features to allow the owner to share power with chosen people so the club could be managed (and also had options to bounce harassers from said room). I think this could work for 3dx, although implementing the back-end to make it work would interfere with adding other content so rather than describe in detail how this could work I'm just going to cut off here.

But while I'm thinking of it, something wouldn't be as hard to implement and would take care of the public-zone invasion situation would be allowing players to instance a copy of a public zone as their room for an evening. Cost some amount of xgold to start or have an hourly rate of xgold to keep it going (so people don't get screwed by a d/c beyond their control). I dunno I think I'm rambling now I'll stop.

Guest Twiggy

Just quickly adding something interesting.

One thing I think we need for our rooms is to be able to make decent stages or dance floors.

There are plenty of rooms where people have used the cheat to do that very nicely but the problem is with so many tables or blocks the room becomes laggy.

My bf just found this script...

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Transform-localScale.html

What it does is allow you to resize an object, so they could give us like a block that we could adjust to any size.

That would be perfect for making stages and dance floors and would save a lot on the lag in rooms.

I have played Second Life for 5 years now. And have enjoyed every second of it due to the fact you can do anything in that game. There is SO much to do other then sex. But that is mainly due to nearly everything is player made. I own a sim there with a bowling alley, various board games, dice games (Greedy!), even a shooting range.... There are even tons of virtual pets for you to breed and own. Motorcycles to ride... cars to drive, if you can think it, you can find it. Now while this games quality blows Second Life away imo, the sheer variety Second Life offers in things to do far surpasses this one. So yes I agree. We do need more fun stuff to do.

But for the original topic. I actually like the public clubs. Cause I love to socialize and get Local Chat going if i'm able. But from what I have seen so far in this game, local clubs here are 20 some people standing around in PMs. 90% of the time local chat is dead. So even if a new player was to enter a public club and it was packed.... what are they going to think when no one is talking in local chat. No interaction. For allot of people that could be off putting. So what do you do? Hit up a club in a room, and chances are, local chat is thriving there.

So if that is the case, then yes, I would like to see more focus on club rooms. More customization. The public clubs could use some love too I agree, especially in the form of something as simple as a dart board... or some center piece that is interactive to maybe get people talking in local chat. But then again... the beach has volley ball, and look how that turned out. I have yet to see that thing be used.. So... yeah... :/

Guest Twiggy

I have played Second Life for 5 years now. And have enjoyed every second of it due to the fact you can do anything in that game. There is SO much to do other then sex. But that is mainly due to nearly everything is player made. I own a sim there with a bowling alley, various board games, dice games (Greedy!), even a shooting range.... There are even tons of virtual pets for you to breed and own. Motorcycles to ride... cars to drive, if you can think it, you can find it. Now while this games quality blows Second Life away imo, the sheer variety Second Life offers in things to do far surpasses this one. So yes I agree. We do need more fun stuff to do.

But for the original topic. I actually like the public clubs. Cause I love to socialize and get Local Chat going if i'm able. But from what I have seen so far in this game, local clubs here are 20 some people standing around in PMs. 90% of the time local chat is dead. So even if a new player was to enter a public club and it was packed.... what are they going to think when no one is talking in local chat. No interaction. For allot of people that could be off putting. So what do you do? Hit up a club in a room, and chances are, local chat is thriving there.

So if that is the case, then yes, I would like to see more focus on club rooms. More customization. The public clubs could use some love too I agree, especially in the form of something as simple as a dart board... or some center piece that is interactive to maybe get people talking in local chat. But then again... the beach has volley ball, and look how that turned out. I have yet to see that thing be used.. So... yeah... :/

I was away for about 3 months and when I came back I noticed that the public clubs had lost what use to be fun in local chat, that was a few months ago and I just came back after a couple of months away.

The trend most definitely seems to be going in the way of private clubs, and yes the local chat seems to thrive in them.

I think it is because people stick very much to who they know and have met already.

The people that open those clubs do a great job at entertaining and play music to taste.

I think people just feel more comfortable in them as they get to know people easier and relax quicker, helps them settle into the game.

The public clubs rely on the public DJs and they aren't always there, if they aren't then the local chat is normally dead.

And as you said, that's not good for newbies, so is why I think they need to work on giving us more for private clubs and helping the people that are doing that.

There is a good variety of them to and I think a better listing system would be good.