3DXChat Community

Patch #337

Lisa

I do not see the connection between the lack of new poses and new clothes, and conversion of the game on a new version of the game engine.

limited resources means prioritizing. apparently resources had been diverted from features to the new graphic engine.

its not that hard to understand.

I do not see the connection between the lack of new poses and new clothes, and conversion of the game on a new version of the game engine.

Why release loads of new poses etc on the old game client only to have to redo them all again for the new engine. Why not release some small patches to keep the game ticking over until it upgrades.

It would just be a waste of time for the devs.

There is one simple connection... Remakimg animations and clothing from older to newer game engine. Making scripts for them optimised, this is also probably reason why they weren't giving us a lot updates in 2015. They prefered to keep focused on engine changes to make it as smooth as possible, giving us better visuals and making themselves easier life with adding new content. As far as i know implementing new content into unity 5 is far more easier then it was in previous version.

i am sure you do Sarah :lol:.

and yes something like a Dev blog would ease a lot of people, One dev taking like 1-2 days a week 5-10min or so same day every week to give the community updates on the progress of the development of the game.

it sure would allow people to give more positive criticism instead of just "OMG NO CONTENT" 

i agree with what sagret said tho.

might be a bit slow on updates for now with moving over to a new engine i am sure it will all be worth it in the end tho

The problem is that we are not little children. "Tomorrow" or "the end of the month" - is not the answer for us.
The developers made the game for adults. Adults regularly pay a subscription to the game, pay money.
And adults need specific and complete information about the updates of the game and updates time.

Devs. Do not wait for old players leave. Keep the old players (more regular updates) and actively recruit new players.
I drew attention - earlier on my referral links (several resources on the Internet) during year in the game came 5-10 people / month.
Already 2 months not come no one (!)
I just have nothing to write to people in forums and sites. No updates. Zero. All sleep.

Game need advertising. Game need demo account. Game need updates: new poses and new stuff.

And not at the end of the month.
Yesterday

Like was said before the game is moving to a new a engine in march. They can't just take everything in the game now and dump it on the new engine. It needs to be redone almost from scratch. That's what the devs are working on plus this small patch for the current game.

Just have patients let's get too March help the devs test the beta release find the bugs fix them and as a community move on to the rest of 2016 ad the sex crazed crazy people we are.

Guest Eddster

Like was said before the game is moving to a new a engine in march. They can't just take everything in the game now and dump it on the new engine. It needs to be redone almost from scratch. That's what the devs are working on plus this small patch for the current game.

Just have patients let's get too March help the devs test the beta release find the bugs fix them and as a community move on to the rest of 2016 ad the sex crazed crazy people we are.

This is wrong, Unity 4 projects are compatible with Unity 5. I know of much larger, much more in depth, and much better looking games that made that transition in early access. (7 Days to Die just being one) and they did it in a very short time while Unity 5 was still in an alpha state, all while adding content. 

Hey I know about 7 days to die I kickstarter supported that game. And yes they made the switch to Unity 5 early but still had issues making the transition to Unity 5 they had several major bugs and parts of the game had to be rewritten. They even posted a very in depth post about it on their forums at the time.

There are many things in Unity 4 that will no longer work in Unity 5, certain plugins that the devs will likely have used will no longer work and others are not even required to be plugins in Unity 5.

For example audio had to use plugins in 4 where as in 5 it is all supplied.

Some shaders will not work in Unity 5 that were commonly used in 4.

There will be script that will have to be completely re written because of these points alone.

On top of that, depending on how far the devs plan to go with adding the better things that Unity 5 offers, new higher resolution meshes, textures and things could be needed.

Unity 5 offers things like reflection probes that were not in 4 and if they are planning on adding that, that part of it will need to be done from scratch.

The longer it takes could mean, or actually should mean you can expect more from the change, but with these devs you just don't know.

They could just be making the required changes and taking their time in doing so.

I don't believe any of the things said about it effecting the speed of updates both in the past and in the future.

That has been happening and I think will continue to happen because the devs do not put enough time into the game and there is not enough of them.

I am sure it is only Gizmo and Lisa as there has been plenty to show that to be the case.

On top of that the amount of work done shows that even they do not work on it 5 days week, not even close.

Certain additions where we were lead to believe they had done lots of work to add proved to be mainly got from outside sources, dances, the new club and other things only involved a small amount of work for them as most of it had already been done.

Things like addition to our rooms could have always been done with very little time used to do so, and they could have always done them with Unity 5 in mind.

They could have easily added things with textures and such that could have still been used in Unity 5, so the excuse given that they did not add things because of the upcoming change is crap.

There has been lots of things asked for that gained lots of support from other members, things like blinds for windows where the person that entered the post for that will have taken much more time to create the post than they will have needed to add it to the game.

That was done so it could made so clear to the devs as to what was asked as it was thought that maybe the devs just don't understand what we say.

The impression given through this thread is that people are thinking that updates will happen much faster and I just want to say not to expect that as I doubt it will happen.

I have had a feeling of being let down by the devs through the whole 18 months I have been involved with the game and I don't see that changing.

People need to take the game for what it is and not expect much to change.

If you start believing rumors of big things things happening, or that things will be added to make it a bit more fun than it is I think like me you will just get frustrated and disappointed.

i've given up long ago..all this is taking way too much time, when my subscription will expire on mid march i'll not renew, probably taking a break of some months, i've been around for 6 months, and this time updates have been slowlier than usual.

Puhh..... I was so happy when Lisa announced that new update. I just thought after 1,5 years they will somewhat change their way of communicating to us members...

The more I'm disappointed that things seems to stay like they are. Announcing an update 10 days ago and then have no action is - at least for me - an absolute no-go.

I know that complaining about the good old times is not liked very much here. But this game has changed - and that is not based on the change of community but by the development the devs have chosen for this game. They seem to totally ignore that every action provokes a reaction. E.g.

• more dresses for women will produce more female players
  • Announcing update routines and not doing an update will scare away those players who are waiting for an update
  • Selling more short term subscriptions will produce more short term players provoking more colds what - again - will produce more female players
  • Cutting down the number of characters will again produce more female players (as even men can run around with a dick and easier access to other "female" players - or let's say female avatars)
  • and so on....

All that changed the game a lot. And that's not because the players changed but because the game changed the players it attracts and it changed the way players have to play for a good play.... After all I'm very sad about this development and just a step before giving up...

Just had to say that! Peace for you all....

still I do not understand why the developers have decided to spend time on graphics and not on content.

the first thing I noticed in this game is its graphics that is better than other games. however the contents are too few.

lingerie for women is ridiculous. there is so much to do ... but on the content! not on the graphics!

I admire the immense patience of the community that continues to suggest thousands of hopeful ideas.

I believe that development is slow because basically the team is aware that in CURRENTLY market there is no real alternative to this game...