3DXChat Community

[Poll] Ignore System

Gizmo

301 members have voted

1. 1. What is better?

• Account wide block, I don't care if anybody find my alt characters
    • Character block (no one can find your alts)
    • Only one character per account

Can we just keep things like it was before? It's not wonderland. I've been the target of a few mindgamers. I handled it and I'm still alive. I know this is very annoying. But people have the right to be anonymous. I do roleplay with my alts and my friends of my main avi know that. They understand I want to stay anonymous with my alts and they didn't try to find them. I don't want to bother my friends or them to bother me when i'm roleplaying. That is just simple. Everyone needs a bit of privacy. Sadly, a few mindfuckers will used that to bully other players

Β 

Edit : Thanks to the devs for the new update :).

Β 

Β 

The answer is simple. Don't do things on your alt to attract attention from your friends and no one will have any reason to try and find out who you are. :)

Account wide ignore is back. That should cover enough troubles. Whether you block #1, #2 or #3, you are now again rid of all 3 !Β 

Against multi accounts, there is no easy way to counter it, it can be bypassed in many ways, as gizmo has pointed out.

Β 

About any new systems you want to implement, it's bound to drama, however you look at it. Whether it's color coding the alts, or giving hints on profiles, or anything else... It will be the haves and the haves not. It will create even more secluded groups and separations within the community than we have already. Some say it will restore trust, I say it will add a feeling of distrust even more,Β  against whoever doesn't fit in the right category according to each and everyone.

Β 

At the risk of being repetitive, someone who wants to hurt you, will always find a way, but turning 3dxchat into 3dxmilitarycamp, will not help anyone.

Β 

Keep in mind that you are on the internet, and act accordingly. Giving trust is one thing, but being blind and wishing for a wonderland is a whole other story.

Β 

Β 

Ps : Thank you devs for the quick patch.

Β 

Yes any new system will have drama, we all know that but what you don't seem to see is we have drama constantly with the system we have.

There needs to be something done and it needs to be done in the best way we can producing the least amount of drama possible.

The problems caused by alts have been brought up in these forums so many times and will continue to be brought up and the drama they cause will continue to happen.

Sorry Shanti but you have always seemed to insist nothing can be done and often have been the one to stop any attempts from being tried or even discussed.

I think you need to realize that doing nothing is not an option.

Β 

The main problem with implementing something like color names for alts is that people who are using avis other their main for like a second life in the game will loose that.

Some do have 2 or more relationships going or even just friendships where they will be found out and yes that will cause problems.

If this was added then they would have some explaining to do and they would loose the ability to be able to do that sort of thing.

What we need to decide is if that is something important enough to not have the color names added.

Β 

Another thing it would do is make itΒ  known you are using an alt and what that would mean.

Yes people using an alt in the game would not get the same treatment as people using their main avi.

It would still allow for quite a lot though, they would still be able to do most of the role playing they do now, but would not be able to do the so called role playing that creates a lot of the drama.

They would not be able to do that because that trust would not be awarded them.

Pretty much having this there would show the avis that are there for role playing, and it is my opinion that is what is needed.

We would not know who is behind that RP avi still but I think that is a good thing and is not needed to be known.

Β 

There needs to be a serious talk about what role playing it would harm and seen if it would cause serious drama to put it in place, not just guessed that it will.

So far when it has been discussed there has been nothing shown as being anything more than particular players being selfish on losing something very small.

Like being able to go to orgies with an alt without having it that people know you are an alt.

Β 

To add it in Gizmo would have to script in a way for people to be able to decide on which avi they have as their main avi.

A simple one off selection to say this is the one I use as my main avi, once done it then is moved to the number 1 slot and stays there.

It should not have to be permanent as sometimes people will want to delete their main avi and create a new one, but once selected as a main avi can only be replaced by deletion.

Β 

There would need to be a time frame given, like say a month, so people can decide on which avi they want as their main avi and given time to sort things out where it will effect things they have done with more than one avi.

So it would need to be announced that on a certain day it will be added.

Β 

I am sure there will be things I have not seen, other drama it may create, but this is what we need to sort out and explain why it is being done if it is shown will be done.

Β 

I don't think i have to point out the advantages it will give, like what it will do to help new players coming in and such, that has been realized already in this thread and acknowledge by Gizmo I think.

Β 

Some will scream saying things like we need to compromise, but this already is something that came from compromising, people originally wanted things like account IDs given on every avi we have and stuff like that.

People that have wanted something done have already done loads of compromising, it is now up to the ones that have not wanted anything done to realize they have to compromise as they to date have not been prepared to give an inch.

Yes any new system will have drama, we all know that but what you don't seem to see is we have drama constantly with the system we have.

There needs to be something done and it needs to be done in the best way we can producing the least amount of drama possible.

The problems caused by alts have been brought up in these forums so many times and will continue to be brought up and the drama they cause will continue to happen.

Sorry Shanti but you have always seemed to insist nothing can be done and often have been the one to stop any attempts from being tried or even discussed.

Β 

(...)

Β 

Very true. To say that any alteration will cause drama by some part of the community is a very cheap excuse to not tackle an existing problem. To say that this is the internet and to close the eyes to existing problems is no solution at all.Β 

Β 

I don't know what the best solution is. But I know that, like Twiggy stated in her posting, the current system does have it flaws which lead to drama inside the community. Big thanks to gizmo who wants to understand this problem.

Β 

Β 

I also learned about the so-called mindfuckers. If I understand correctly these players use alts in order to hurt other people here, right?

Β 

and also asks the community for opinions how to tackle it.

Β 

Β 

I just want to know what can help to protect players fromΒ mindfuckers who used alts.Β Maybe a feature that allows you to look up alts at any account? Just asking)

Β 

that is how it should be done. realizing that there is a problem, finding a way to tackle it, solve it.

Β 

The last days gave me my trust in the community and also the devs back. Lets continue and make this game special in any means :)

The last days gave me my trust in the community and also the devs back. Lets continue and make this game special in any means :)

Β 

Yes I am starting to feel that to :)

Β 

And yes thank you Gizmo, huge big hug to you this time

Β 

The main problem with implementing something like color names for alts is that people who are using avis other their main for like a second life in the game will loose that.

Some do have 2 or more relationships going or even just friendships where they will be found out and yes that will cause problems.

If this was added then they would have some explaining to do and they would loose the ability to be able to do that sort of thing.

What we need to decide is if that is something important enough to not have the color names added.

Β 

Another thing it would do is make itΒ  known you are using an alt and what that would mean.

Yes people using an alt in the game would not get the same treatment as people using their main avi.

It would still allow for quite a lot though, they would still be able to do most of the role playing they do now, but would not be able to do the so called role playing that creates a lot of the drama.

They would not be able to do that because that trust would not be awarded them.

Pretty much having this there would show the avis that are there for role playing, and it is my opinion that is what is needed.

We would not know who is behind that RP avi still but I think that is a good thing and is not needed to be known.

Β 

There needs to be a serious talk about what role playing it would harm and seen if it would cause serious drama to put it in place, not just guessed that it will.

So far when it has been discussed there has been nothing shown as being anything more than particular players being selfish on losing something very small.

Like being able to go to orgies with an alt without having it that people know you are an alt.

Β 

To add it in Gizmo would have to script in a way for people to be able to decide on which avi they have as their main avi.

A simple one off selection to say this is the one I use as my main avi, once done it then is moved to the number 1 slot and stays there.

It should not have to be permanent as sometimes people will want to delete their main avi and create a new one, but once selected as a main avi can only be replaced by deletion.

Β 

There would need to be a time frame given, like say a month, so people can decide on which avi they want as their main avi and given time to sort things out where it will effect things they have done with more than one avi.

So it would need to be announced that on a certain day it will be added.

Β 

I am sure there will be things I have not seen, other drama it may create, but this is what we need to sort out and explain why it is being done if it is shown will be done.

Β 

I don't think i have to point out the advantages it will give, like what it will do to help new players coming in and such, that has been realized already in this thread and acknowledge by Gizmo I think.

Β 

Some will scream saying things like we need to compromise, but this already is something that came from compromising, people originally wanted things like account IDs given on every avi we have and stuff like that.

People that have wanted something done have already done loads of compromising, it is now up to the ones that have not wanted anything done to realize they have to compromise as they to date have not been prepared to give an inch.

Isn't the new ignore system doing something? Isn't charging for new avi creation doing something? Color coding just exchanges one set of drama for new drama. I do not support the charge for a new avi, it doesn't really impact me, so I don't have to worry about the cost. However, I can see where it may bother some. Still, they have given some sort of solution. Color coding is a terrible solution in my opinion. It will just create a broader divide. New people will feel as though they have a huge tag on their heads. People will still be reluctant to interact with them because they will not know if they are really new, as with the new system, may as well get a new account if you really want to mess with someone's head. If new avis are no longer to have a color associated with them, then, they will just bypass the color coding system with a new account.

Β 

Like I said before, I was, well someone attempted to put me on the stake because of the number of photo slots I had. I was just chatting with friends. He did it publicly and I have been here nearly two years. I laughed and people told him that he was wrong. So the idea that just because we do not know the account linked to the color, it does not stop the witch hunts. If someone wants to cheat, there is a good chance that they can do that on a color coded avi as well.Β 

Isn't the new ignore system doing something? Isn't charging for new avi creation doing something? Color coding just exchanges one set of drama for new drama. I do not support the charge for a new avi, it doesn't really impact me, so I don't have to worry about the cost. However, I can see where it may bother some. Still, they have given some sort of solution. Color coding is a terrible solution in my opinion. It will just create a broader divide. New people will feel as though they have a huge tag on their heads. People will still be reluctant to interact with them because they will not know if they are really new, as with the new system, may as well get a new account if you really want to mess with someone's head. If new avis are no longer to have a color associated with them, then, they will just bypass the color coding system with a new account.

Β 

Like I said before, I was, well someone attempted to put me on the stake because of the number of photo slots I had. I was just chatting with friends. He did it publicly and I have been here nearly two years. I laughed and people told him that he was wrong. So the idea that just because we do not know the account linked to the color, it does not stop the witch hunts. If someone wants to cheat, there is a good chance that they can do that on a color coded avi as well.Β 

Β 

Yes it will create a broader divide, but isn't that what is really needed, to separate the role players from the ones who don't want to role play without all the crap that goes on now.

We have people constantly complaining about being harassed for information about who they really are when all they want to do is role play.

Role players should find things easier themselves and people would know who to role play with and who not to.

The divide is already there, there are people who want to role play and people who don't, just the way things are there is no way of telling who is who unless they put something in their profile.

Even then unless it is made completely obvious there are problems because of language barriers.

Β 

Sorry but you have kind of contradict yourself to, in one part you talk about the new charges as being a solution then in another part you say the color coding wont work because people will just buy a new account.

Β 

The pay to create feature has been discussed through this thread and another where a pole shows it is as unpopular as the change to the iggy.

Role players are unhappy with it because it means they have to pay each time they want to do any sort of change for role plays.

Many of those role plays are purely innocent and it is unfair they are charged.

Color coding will still allow them to do those role plays and will do a lot more to allow us to protect ourselves against things.

Β 

Yes new people would stand out more and it could mean they may be targeted more easily than they are now.

They are already targeted by some I know, but the new people would also have the benefit of seeing who is approaching them using alts.

I don't think that many would be willing to use their main avi to do things they shouldn't be doing so we would all get benefit from that.

Plus a lot of us that pretty much stopped talking with new people because of having so many of them turning out to be people messing with us using alts, we will then be able to be more confident they are new players and help them settle into the game.

Β 

Knowing a person is role playing doesn't turn me off them, I know lots that do role play that let people know they do and I have had a lot of fun with those people.

Having it known they are role players or alts will not make as much a difference to how they are treated as people think, we all will just know what their game is and how to react to them, without having to ask the questions that get so many upset.

Hell I think I could actually even see myself getting more into role plays if it was put in as I wouldn't feel guilty about running around with an alt.

Β 

If you look through this thread you will see where Gizmo has asked for ideas on other solutions, so it appears he is willing to look at other ideas.

Β 

Camden go through this thread and look at what has been said by others, including the role players, then have a good think about all the pluses and misuses the color code offers, then I think you will see it is not such a bad idea.

Camden go through this thread and look at what has been said by others, including the role players, then have a good think about all the pluses and misuses the color code offers, then I think you will see it is not such a bad idea.

Β 

You talked to Camden but I had to answer to this.

Β 

I follow this thread from the creation of it and I still don't understand why so much players want to tag others. In real life, we are constantly tagged, judged, reviewed. Because people are obsessed to put others into categories. Like the gender, like how we look, like the music we listen. This is a very bad habit of the human race. But this is printed in our genes. Everyone has to deal with this.

Β 

So no... I don't log to 3DXChat to undergo the same crap that real life give to us everyday. I don't want to be tagged again, I want that my avatars can be free of real life bullshit. But with respect to other players.

There is no one thing that will solve everything, mind fuckers will find away around anything. And after putting altsΒ inΒ pretty colours fails what's next? Psychological evaluations at the door, proof of gender before entry, questionnaire as to your intentions in the game, cotton wool covered walls because some people on the games feelings are so sensitive they need protecting every five mins from bad people?Β  As I have said previous I have been here 2 yearsΒ  and have witnessed once stalking and been harassed, but...the only reason this was allowed to happen was because the person involved refused to ignore them, instead decidingΒ  that their ego was much bigger and I am going to get this person back. Exactly what the mind fucker wanted.

Also can we stop making it sound like every alt is a mind fucker, because they are not, I have an alt, I use it to go un-noticed when I just want me time, but because it gets flogged to death on here that alt means bad person, I and other non bad meaning people walk around with a target on our head, that alone then causes drama by people questioning our intentions.

This topic however will just go round and round in circles again because there is one perfect solution and the same people will keep shoving their ideas as been the right one down our throats.

On a side note, I am happy the account wide ignore was returned, however I would prefer things that are going to influence the game be voted on by paying members in the game, in other words if you can't put your money where your mouth is and sub to the game, why should you be able to influence what happens in it?

@Sunstrike, you talk about tagging as if there is no tagging goes on in 3DX.

Tell me when you see a room that says 80s music, do you complain about it being tagged or do you think yes that is a room I will go to because I like 80s music.

There are certain things where tagging is only a help, having it so we know the person with the so called tagged alt is looking to likely be role playing will let people know what they are looking for from the game.

I feel, as it is my opinion that having it so our intentions or what we are looking for with our play being shown this way would not only help with some of the alt problems it would also help put trust back into things where trust has been lost.

Β 

@Macey, you always seem to want to knock anyone that tries to present something that may give some reduction to this problem, and even say there is no problem.

You carry on like we are wrong to post anything about it and are sick of seeing it, yet every time someone does you seem to be there with your argument against it, so you in fact are doing exactly the same thing.

No one is saying that every alt is a mind fucker, not even close, nor are we saying that every role player is doing bad with what they do, again not even close.

It is you that always seems to try to make it sound like we are.

There are a lot of other things talked about through this thread that even the role players have to put up with that can be lessened by having the color system.

Saying that nothing can be done makes me feel that you just do not want any changes and has me wondering why you are so determine to keep things the way they are.

Fine if you have never copped or seen any drama from this stuff, you are definitely one of the lucky ones, but don't try and put it across that it doesn't happen as with how many have shown through this thread and the dozens before it, it most definitely does.

Your arguments have always been to blow everything we say out of proportion, (like stop saying every alt is a bad guy) and to come up with ridiculous predictions of what would be asked for next.

We all know there is no perfect solution that will solve everything, that should be obvious that it is not what we are trying to do, but you have to keep trying to make it sound like that is what we are trying to do.

If you want your comments to be taken seriously try actually coming up with a serious comment.

@Sunstrike, you talk about tagging as if there is no tagging goes on in 3DX.

Tell me when you see a room that says 80s music, do you complain about it being tagged or do you think yes that is a room I will go to because I like 80s music.

There are certain things where tagging is only a help, having it so we know the person with the so called tagged alt is looking to likely be role playing will let people know what they are looking for from the game.

I feel, as it is my opinion that having it so our intentions or what we are looking for with our play being shown this way would not only help with some of the alt problems it would also help put trust back into things where trust has been lost.

I talked about tagging people, not things. Of course it's nice to tag a room. You will know what you will find in it. A room is a thing and a thing doesn't have feelings. An avatar can, depending on who is behind the keyboard.

It's rude and mean to tag someone without thinking. I tag my RP alts as RP alts because I think it's normal to let the other players know I want to do RP. But it's my choice. I think that each RP player should do it, but it has to come from the player.

I talked about tagging people, not things. Of course it's nice to tag a room. You will know what you will find in it. A room is a thing and a thing doesn't have feelings. An avatar can, depending on who is behind the keyboard.

It's rude and mean to tag someone without thinking. I tag my RP alts as RP alts because I think it's normal to let the other players know I want to do RP. But it's my choice. I think that each RP player should do it, but it has to come from the player.

Β 

Yes you make a good point, we are in fact making that choice for them and it is something that would have to be weighed up against the good it would do.

Role players them selves will have to consider some of what it will do for them, like so many have complained about constantly be asked who they are behind the keyboard.

This should go a long way to having that happen much less.

Also a role player would know who to approach, who are the other role players and not have to worry about upsetting people that are not looking to role play.

The way things are some refuse to let people know they are role playing, which can also be taken as they are making the decision for others to be a part of their role play.

It would be interesting to know how many would actually mind the name being colored or not after putting some real thought into what it would mean.

Also as it has been said before in this thread it is better than making role players pay to be able to make new avis, well I think so anyway.

@Twiggy

Β 

OK, being on an alt doesn't automatically mean you're roleplaying. You still have to look at their profile to know that. I don't see your point.

Β 

The way I see it, color coded alts won't accomplish anything since it's just as easy to create a new account and be tagged as "new" and deceive people in that way. If anything this will make things even worse.

Firstly Twiggy, I don't knock everyone that comes up with an idea, I am sure if youΒ look backΒ I have liked many peoples post and ideas to do with this topic and others.

Secondly I never said drama does not happen and in fact gave you an example of it, I just don't see it as an epidemic, that we have to write half page posts in every thread we can that's slightly related to it.

Thirdly you may not be saying every alt is a mind fucker, but you giving the impression they are because every reasoning you give points to alts. A colour system will change nothing that ignore system does already.

Why do I want things to be as they are? because I am sick of reading about goody two shoes ideas to fix something that will never be eradicated completely and would rather the devs focus on giving us things in game as in clothes etc. You can wonder about my reasons all you want, and if you are implying anything sinister in my intentions you better get some facts to back it up.

My arguments have been regarding how you blow everything out of proportion, considering you were barely on the game and if I remember right you didn't re-sub.

People can take me seriously they may not, to be honest I am not losing sleep over it, but do you think they take your constant ranting anymore serious? or just go oh fucking Twiggy posting again?

@Macey, I am not going to get into another slinging match with you, people will see your last comment for what it is.

I will just remind you once again and let others know that may have read your last comment, I was in the game for 14 months, I am not subbed right now and haven't been for over a month but that doesn't mean I won't be again.

OK, being on an alt doesn't automatically mean you're roleplaying. You still have to look at their profile to know that. I don't see your point.

Β 

Thirdly you may not be saying every alt is a mind fucker, but you giving the impression they are because every reasoning you give points to alts.

Β 

u 2 nailed it up there. as u remember, i had this colourcode idea already in february

Β 

3(1).jpg?id=59920159

Β 

but i changed my mind since then, more drama and whitchhunts would be the result and not every alt is an asshole or plays like one! just like me^^ also. it reminds of the third reich were jews were marked with a jewish star!! atleast for now with 10Xgold silly mindfuck alts cant be build easily quickly on the fly anymore and thats already a big step! feel sry for the good intension RP only members with that, but atleast it restricts building quickly mindfuck alts like in a production line! - amen -

Β 

i-robot-1.jpg?id=62121164

Β 

have a nice weekend @ll

Β 

ps:

and even a mainavi can a be bummhole...just sayin

Β 

@Twiggy

Β 

Β 

The way I see it, color coded alts won't accomplish anything since it's just as easy to create a new account and be tagged as "new" and deceive people in that way. If anything this will make things even worse.

Β 

You have a main avi that if not role playing in some form is you, then you make an alt that is you, because if you are not role playing in some form it is you, sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe some would do that to have 2 games going really kind of doing the same thing with each, but sorry I just don't see any point in that.

Someone told about IP block. But it doesn't help. Many people have dynamic IP. Also it's very easy to change your IP using VPN, proxy and etc. So we will not talk about how to blockΒ multiple accounts.

Β 

I just want to know what can help to protect players fromΒ mindfuckers who used alts.Β Maybe a feature that allows you to look up alts at any account? Just asking)

Β 

You know if its possible to maybe check if same IP logged in on same time, which correspond with person on someones ignore list. Maybe its possible to let IPs share ignore list on those who are logged in. ON the current IP they're actively logged in on, maybe at least it make it harder for them to coordinate between the account that can see players who ignored them, and the other account they made be logged in on also.

Β 

I imagine even if they don't use a fixed IP maybe its possible to affect IP their currently so IP's logged actively share ignore list on IP thats logged in that given moment and disappears once logged out again?

Β 

Not a tech expert on IP but that might be possible without someone being effected by it if they accidentally have same IP as person changing.

Hmm, it seems that some people think that colour coding will not work because the people that want to do the wrong thing will just create new accounts and nothing will change, that all of them will do this so it wont make any difference.

Well that has got to be good for the devs, all that new money coming in from people who deserve to have to pay it without any difference being made to the game.

That money could go into further development, good for all of us.

lol, just kidding, because I don't think there would be that many would make new accounts.

You know if its possible to maybe check if same IP logged in on same time, which correspond with person on someones ignore list. Maybe its possible to let IPs share ignore list on those who are logged in. ON the current IP they're actively logged in on, maybe at least it make it harder for them to coordinate between the account that can see players who ignored them, and the other account they made be logged in on also.

Β 

I imagine even if they don't use a fixed IP maybe its possible to affect IP their currently so IP's logged actively share ignore list on IP thats logged in that given moment and disappears once logged out again?

Β 

Not a tech expert on IP but that might be possible without someone being effected by it if they accidentally have same IP as person changing.

That would be a mess to code with mistakes everyday.

And what about people using the same IP address? Maybe, roomates, a couple, etc.

I dont understand why this discution continue . The ones wanting the wide ignore have it , so no need to know if this ava is an alt or if this other ava is an alt . Anyway you will not see the alts of the ones who annoyed you , and if one of your friends have an alt and is not in your ignore list , it mean this friend dont try to bother you right ?

Β 

If alts really annoy you , maybe it has been better to vote for the 3rd option .

You have a main avi that if not role playing in some form is you, then you make an alt that is you, because if you are not role playing in some form it is you, sorry but that doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe some would do that to have 2 games going really kind of doing the same thing with each, but sorry I just don't see any point in that.

What?

Β 

You said in your previous post that, I quote, "Also a role player would know who to approach, who are the other role players and not have to worry about upsetting people that are not looking to role play."

Β 

That implies that a color coded alt signifies the willingness for some roleplay. I am telling you that it's not true, you still have to look at their profile to see what kind of roleplay, if any, they are interested in. Also, I don't know about you but I've never been upset when I am approached by roleplay, a polite declination is the more sensible option, no?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hmm, it seems that some people think that colour coding will not work because the people that want to do the wrong thing will just create new accounts and nothing will change, that all of them will do this so it wont make any difference.

Β 

Yes, I see you're finally getting it.

just a last thought and note about colours
what about transgender 3dx members and their 2 main-avis!?!
what kind of colours would we two get!?!?? labling - is @ out . com

just thinkin, sayin, typin and jumps out of this topic and forum for now

Β 

Halo_0033_101.jpg?id=62121309

Β 

no.gif