3DXChat Community

POLL- New changes to ignore system is a HUGE step in the wrong direction.

JessicaX

New Ignore rules Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should IGNORE block all characters across someone's account?

• Yes
    • No

The ignore system used to be a very powerful tool that could be used for people to stay in check on alt characters, because it was very easy to find out if someone was messing you or stalking you. Simply ignore them and check your offline friends and look for the mutual ignore... then you knew exactly who it was. It was also nice to ignore someone and they got the ignore on ALL avis. This kept most people from wanting to upset people on an alt.

Why was this feature removed?  Obviously you have just made it cheaper and easier for people to stalk, lie, deceive,troll, etc because there is NO way to find out who it is and they now have option to this anonymity at a very reduced rate. It's actually now MUCH easier and cheaper to do these things.

Why not just make people pay for extra avis but still keep ignores account wide? The ONLY people that would be against account wide ignores are people who are doing things on alts that they should not be doing or dont want thier friends to know.

I have to agree here, making ignore not account wide anymore was a poor decision here because while it is now more costly to make an alt to troll someone you still have to know who that person's alts are if they want to mess with you. I rather liked the blanket ignore that happened to a person when you found them distasteful on one character because it isn't like they are going to change on another character really and if they do it's mostly to stalk you or something equally creepy.

I think this is a step in the wrong direction for the ignore change so I'm kind of disappointed.

It's huge in the case of people relentlessly stalking you. It used to be a safe system to where if you were being bothered or stalked, you could just ignore them and not have to worry about it. They would have to create and pay for a new account in order to contact you again, which is doable but a bit of a hassle. Now...  just delete a character, make a new one, and let the stalking and harassment begin!

The ignore system used to be a very powerful tool that could be used for people to stay in check on alt characters, because it was very easy to find out if someone was messing you or stalking you. Simply ignore them and check your offline friends and look for the mutual ignore... then you knew exactly who it was. It was also nice to ignore someone and they got the ignore on ALL avis. This kept most people from wanting to upset people on an alt.

Why was this feature removed?  Obviously you have just made it cheaper and easier for people to stalk, lie, deceive,troll, etc because there is NO way to find out who it is and they now have option to this anonymity at a very reduced rate. It's actually now MUCH easier and cheaper to do these things.

Why not just make people pay for extra avis but still keep ignores account wide? The ONLY people that would be against account wide ignores are people who are doing things on alts that they should not be doing or dont want thier friends to know.

I absolutely agree, but I want to point out that such a vote already exists, also with some replies of mods

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2330-bl-new-ignore-system-charakter-vs-account-blockban/

cheers, Vero

Someone in another topic suggested an excellent compromise that I think a lot of people might feel ok with. If you are going to keep ignores to that char only, simply label or mark alt characters. Brackets around the name, use a *, italics, diff color, etc. Then at least I know if the person i am talking to is an alt. This also does not interfere with anyone using thier alts for non-hurtful purposes.

It's huge in the case of people relentlessly stalking you. It used to be a safe system to where if you were being bothered or stalked, you could just ignore them and not have to worry about it. They would have to create and pay for a new account in order to contact you again, which is doable but a bit of a hassle. Now...  just delete a character, make a new one, and let the stalking and harassment begin!

i use to buy new accounts had 10 :P

Someone in another topic suggested an excellent compromise that I think a lot of people might feel ok with. If you are going to keep ignores to that char only, simply label or mark alt characters. Brackets around the name, use a *, italics, diff color, etc. Then at least I know if the person i am talking to is an alt. This also does not interfere with anyone using thier alts for non-hurtful purposes.

You want to know too much . If this persons is honest roleplayer , information about them you can find in their profiles or simply ask . Is it hard ? 

If you want real dating or "friending" , U will chat for longer with this person and can ask Skype . Where is problem ?  If someone bothering you just click "ignore" or just ignore and don't answer messages . 

if someone breaks the rules against you , take a screenshot and use "report" function .

You want to know too much . If this persons is honest roleplayer , information about them you can find in their profiles or simply ask . Is it hard ? 

hahahah sry... and what about dishonest players? He/She will not tell the truth.

Everyone can play role games as much as they want, but not with me.

And mind fuckers ARE around here, I met a lot of them. 

hahahah sry... and what about dishonest players? He/She will not tell the truth.

Everyone can play role games as much as they want, but not with me.

And mind fuckers ARE around here, I met a lot of them. 

its not a dating program, it's a sexchat. if you want to date, use a dating site.

its also not a second life program. sadly it is for a lot of you.

its not a dating program, it's a sexchat. if you want to date, use a dating site.

its also not a second life program. sadly it is for a lot of you.

we all know what kind of game we play.., but its more than fuck other players... you spend time with friends and other people. So its absoluty fair to know if others jokes, kidding on you ..

I dont see nothing wrong in the new ignore system, just keep ignoring asshole like before. you dont like a character? Just ignore him or her, if that person will come back wioth an alt is not hard to fiond it out and ignore that character too. Just my 2 cent

Are you serious Simon?

So you say that you don't mind if someone cheats on you or fools you with another alt? Cause there is no way to find out now...

Good luck with the new system and without safety net...