3DXChat Community

Room sort and search?

MNF Lady

Just now, Torax said:

No, public rooms I dont speak about room open for friends, public rooms, first the ones open by friends.

that don't solve the problem of getting new people in and making new friends that visit

47 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

sadly nothing can suit the requirements of every one anyways... I was among the first to suggest individual room sorting... but giving it a second though... that wouldn't work for hosts, since room boosting will be useless.

every one has a way they want things to work... and no matter what solution will come (if any at all) there will always be the one or one hundred who will come saying that this doesn't work for them and their needs.

Sadly the need of room hosts is being placed ahead of the rest the paying members.

3 minutes ago, zigzag said:

no i tried that theory if you open a room for friends there the only one see it open

I am not talking about rooms open for friends! I am speaking about the public room list, to have on top on list rooms open by friends first.

most us that had rooms and i say had as i rarely open it   were always on top under the old listings. which most us  are members for a long time and we paid even when the prices were full price a lot these people coming on now and opening clubs are only here because the prices at the moment. once the prices go back to full price most them wont even be renewing there subscriptions. So yea i think the long time members that have club/rooms open everyday and not the ones that never open or rarely open a room should have a say so on how the room listings go. of course if you open a room once a month you don't mind spending a few thousand in gold to have a fun day and fill your room. it's a shame  all the free time because the server down times and my referrals i brought here from another game i have tons of game time or i wouldn't be renewing my subscription with the change. So lose long time members over ones that most likely are not going to stay hmm good choice. i don't have to have 100 plus people in my room but i don't enjoy spending gold after gold because once a room drops of the view of the listing screen no one comes this is not just my room its any ones if your not topping it your room going to die like the rest them at 2 or 3 people. I don't see the problem sense there only maybe 5 rooms with 20 or more people these rooms cant be the top the list then from 6 down the lower rooms or newer members can battle there gold topping there self from that point?

2 hours ago, Anaganda said:

sadly nothing can suit the requirements of every one anyways... I was among the first to suggest individual room sorting... but giving it a second though... that wouldn't work for hosts, since room boosting will be useless.

Actually, I did mention that in my original post. There is a way to satisfy both the purpose of room boosting and user-friendliness by adding the sort or search feature. If there were a separate section on the top for promoted rooms (just like friends-only room are shown at the top of the list in a separate sections), then those who want to promote the rooms, can click the "boost" and place the room into that section for certain time. Or there could be limited number of slots, so the promoted room stays in there until more recent boosts push it back to general list (which is practically the current system where new promotions start to sink the room down).

That would also address the point that @Aliviax made that some users would like to use the promotion to have their room discovered. A separate section for promoted rooms does the job even better. Suppose you have a new room, initially you have to boost it and be shown in the promoted section. People start discovering and you build up the base of followers. As the base builds, you can now be in general section because your fans will start searching you. It can work, it really can.

And as for @Torax comment that this would be hard for server, I happen to know a little bit about programming and it would not. The room list is refreshed periodically anyway and room refresh is a query to the server anyway that pulls the entire list to your local game client. It has to do that already. Once it's on your local PC, the local game client can do whatever it wants to it (sort, search, filter).

5 hours ago, Anaganda said:

How about user can favorite a couple of rooms, then those rooms when open go on top of the list for the user... with stars next to them or something... then below them x-gold boosted room and rest of rooms sorted according to Giz's desires

Pushing rooms is an old and established game between competitors - don’t take them the fun away 😆

beside this funny side note, I bet the developers had a reason to change the ordering back to the old version. A lot of people complained about it too. As usual you can’t satisfy everybody, it is impossible. 

in the current version spending 300 xgold make sense but with the ordering by visitors not.

Lets be honest devs went back on the current room shorting to get the extra money from xgold ,i wouldnt support it if it was only serving this purpose ...with that being said  ..current system i suport it cause its also help the new room owners no mater if u have 400 peeps in ur room ...that room wont be the top meaning that a new other room can be there and get noticed and thats what i care more (new ppl have a chance ) 

32 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

Lets be honest devs went back on the current room shorting to get the extra money from xgold ,i wouldnt support it if it was only serving this purpose ...with that being said  ..current system i suport it cause its also help the new room owners no mater if u have 400 peeps in ur room ...that room wont be the top meaning that a new other room can be there and get noticed and thats what i care more (new ppl have a chance ) 

you really believe in that head people are going to buy gold just to top a room haha and who cares about new people only here because of the price they all be gone when the full price is back along with the long timers that left to.. smart business move 

Well, think about each cases:

• A player wants to go to a large room because he or she likes big parties: Sort by number of peeps helps here
  • A player wants his or her room discovered and is willing to spend XGold: Separate section on the list for "featured/promoted" rooms helps here.
  • A player wants to just find a public room and knows who is hosting an event: Search or sort by owner helps here
  • A player wants find a public room that matches his/her interests: Search by room name, assuming that room describes itself truthfully, helps here.

Done right, different objectives can be addressed and 3DX people will still get players to spend their XGold and presumably buy more of it. I personally think that more XGold is spent (and possibly bought) on gifts, rather than room promotion.

1 hour ago, chloe said:

Pushing rooms is an old and established game between competitors - don’t take them the fun away 😆

beside this funny side note, I bet the developers had a reason to change the ordering back to the old version. A lot of people complained about it too. As usual you can’t satisfy everybody, it is impossible. 

in the current version spending 300 xgold make sense but with the ordering by visitors not.

oh don't get me wrong... I am one of those who are in favor of the old sorting's return... I am merely trying to find a middle ground, cause yeah for me personally at least sometime the 10 seconds it takes to find Havasu falls in the list is tedious... would be cool if I can favorite it and find it at a glance...

also am I wrong or did the list become longer after that update? :D could be that I haven't scrolled that far down in a while

Edited by Anaganda

2 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

oh don't get me wrong... I am one of those who are in favor of the new sorting... I am merely trying to find a middle ground, cause yeah for me personally at least sometime the 10 seconds it takes to find Havasu falls in the list is tedious... would be cool if I can favorite it and find it at a glance...

also am I wrong or did the list become longer after that update? :D could be that I haven't scrolled that far down in a while

oh yes it tripled in size with all them empty rooms haha

51 minutes ago, MNF Lady said:

Well, think about each cases:

• A player wants to go to a large room because he or she likes big parties: Sort by number of peeps helps here
  • A player wants his or her room discovered and is willing to spend XGold: Separate section on the list for "featured/promoted" rooms helps here.
  • A player wants to just find a public room and knows who is hosting an event: Search or sort by owner helps here
  • A player wants find a public room that matches his/her interests: Search by room name, assuming that room describes itself truthfully, helps here.

Done right, different objectives can be addressed and 3DX people will still get players to spend their XGold and presumably buy more of it. I personally think that more XGold is spent (and possibly bought) on gifts, rather than room promotion.

Well plan 👍 Everyone is satisfied.

From an host point of view, the actual system is more fair, I dont see any reason why old player oe whatever should have an advantage on new ones. Proof is that those so called popular rooms, if they are not on top, they are not necessarly filled up as they were,. So my personal thought is that those rooms with 70-80 + (including  me when I opened in the past),  are filled with 30 - 40 people who are there cos of the host / music / room and all others are here only cos the room had number or was on top and no other reason. As per today, I see some rooms low in the list always with good number, the Futa room for example, I could name Luxxury when they open, Dommac regularly, those rooms keeps attracting a base of people which no matter the sorting, they will go there. Bigger room on top is just a comfy way for some people to avoid paying xgold. Now everybody is on the same line, you want to open, promote your room, and enter the competition like anyone else. If someone wants to spend 10 k gold, good for him and the dev. If your room is so popular, so exceptionnal, then you shouldnt care to be on top or not right?

Now from a visitor point of view, the list is not that good, when someone tells me he is there or there, i need to scroll and sometimes take some time to find the room. So here the sorting would be great indeed.

It would be interesting to test only 2 sort options: by room name and by host name. and NOT by number.

My personal wish is this: keep the actual sorting system as it is, and add sorting by  room name or host name, but not by number. I know many want also the sorting by number, but my impression is that with the actual system, more rooms get visitors, like it is more spreaded than before, this why I wish to keep it so.

Boosting actually has benefit now. If filters and sorting are added, it could take place in a general section below the Boosted rooms so that those are never hidden.
But my suggestion several weeks ago was for boosting to put the room in a boosted section at the top for about 15 mins.

I really think sorting by type of room would be more useful than population. 
If I want to dance, I'm going to a club room even if the only room open has 6 people. Same thing if I'm just in the mood for colds.

Maybe make the room menu wider, 4 columns, one for each type of room. Also means less scrolling. Example:

3D-UI-1.png

3D-UI-2.png

5 rooms with 50 Or more people then next close room has less then 20 after that maybe 5 2 3 7 out of close to 100 rooms HAHA yea this listing really helping the poor new guys  All this has started is the war in world chat wit advertising again because there all tired of spending 300 gold for nothing in return

Edited by zigzag