3DXChat Community

So, what is SPAM in the eyes of 3DX Devs / Mods ?

Stellania

1 minute ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Galaxxxy spammed their room by different people. I don`t know if it was exactly idea of  hosts or of their fans, but they started to avoid 60 seconds. Not only they. I can`t get what was these bans about? was it really any auto-ban system?

we wont know until devs decide to grace us with a response

3 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Galaxxxy spammed their room by different people. I don`t know if it was exactly idea of  hosts or of their fans, but they started to avoid 60 seconds. Not only they. I can`t get what was these bans about? was it really any auto-ban system?

Even if people of Galaxy got banned for this, that doesnt explain why so may other hosts not doing it got ban as well. 

- I dont know if those people where using the EXACT same message or with modification

- I dont know if it is because of messages on WC only, on Local only, or both

There is so many unknown thing. The only sure thing is that people got banned...

Edited by Torax

10 minutes ago, Torax said:

Yes the reason for ban is Spam, according to rules. But why suddenly what was accepted for so long isnt anymore. We dont even know what is considered as spam. They added a 60 second timer to counter spam. I dont mind there are rules to follow, but it would be nice to be warned beforehand if something allowed isnt anymore.

Probably because many users are tired of not being able to chat, you know that as well as I do and everyone knows it.

So it's useless now to denounce each other, We could all have imagined this would happen,the 60-second was an attempt to curb all this.

Edited by Merilyn

3 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

Probably because many users are tired of not being able to chat, you know that as well as I do and everyone knows it

Probably because many users are tired of not being able to chat, you know that as well as I do and everyone knows it.

So it's useless now to denounce each other, We could all have imagined this would happen,the 60-second was an attempt to curb all this.

Merilyn, I dont denounce anyone, but there is a difference between being banned for 2 messages in 40 min or 1 message per 60 second. Some people abuse of WC with permanent ads and then you just post one for the whole night, you get reported cos other abusing it. 

What I simply ask is this: what are the rules????? Dont tell me the rule is no spam cos it is subjective what is spam or not. Clear rules and problem solved.

Edited by Torax

One thing is for certain, seeing as this Thread jumped from 0 views to 3500 and counting upward FAST in just 12 hours, it's a hot topic that has a lot of people up in arms about it.
The Devs have been @mentioned SEVERAL times across this thread, and still not a single word or (re)action from them.

This in my opinion is not a good thing. At all.
There Needs to be some form of response, the silence is rather upsetting to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Derai said:

One thing is for certain, seeing as this Thread jumped from 0 views to 3500 and counting upward FAST in just 12 hours, it's a hot topic that has a lot of people up in arms about it.
The Devs have been @mentioned SEVERAL times across this thread, and still not a single word or (re)action from them.

This in my opinion is not a good thing. At all.
There Needs to be some form of response, the silence is rather upsetting to be honest.

Agreed. There needs to be some form of response!

i was reported as well and i know by who 3dxchat added a 60 second delay to W/C and that was supose to limit the spam so how they going to ban us for spamming if were following there guidelines?

19 minutes ago, Torax said:

Merilyn, I dont denounce anyone, but there is a difference between being banned for 2 messages in 40 min or 1 message per 60 second. Some people abuse of WC with permanent ads and then you just post one for the whole night, you get reported cos other abusing it. 

What I simply ask is this: what are the rules????? Dont tell me the rule is no spam cos it is subjective what is spam or not. Clear rules and problem solved.

2.05. Spamming or posting nonsensical messages is prohibited in the chats. This also includes excessive use of caps.

I'm not saying you report people,

have been suspended (not banned) all those who spamiming for one room, not one person, Probably together they were spamming wildly in chat, they know about the problem that 60-second can be bypassed by sending the message with more accounts and probably will also happen for other people.

How sad....

But if they did now it's because a lot of people are complaining now.

I hope now  they apply these rules to everyone and not just to my friends.

Edited by Merilyn

9 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

I'm not saying you report people,

have been suspended (not banned) all those who spamiming for one room, not one person, Probably together they were spamming wildly in chat, they know about the problem that 60-second can be bypassed by sending the message with more accounts and probably will also happen for other people.

How sad....

But if they did now it's because a lot of people are complaining now.

I would be fine with your explanation if other peoples didnt got ban at the same time without doing it. That is what bothers me. Many people didnt do it and still got banned. So there is something more to this sudden ban wave. People spamming, we have it for months if not years, before the 60 sec delay wc and after, so something triggered all these bans now, that is what I would like to understand. People got reported for a long time and nothing happening, and now suddenly so many bans, why? What changed in the policy of 3dx about bans.

I didnt got ban, but I am hosting myself parties, and I want to know if pming my friends with the same message to say I am open will lead me to ban or not. I want to know if posting a standard welcome message in my room every X minutes will get me ban or not, I want to know if posting an ad on WC every hour will lead to ban or not. The last 3 examples are not spam to my eyes, but maybe can be for the dev, so I dont want any misunderstanding and to know what I can do or not.

Edited by Torax

17 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

2.05. Spamming or posting nonsensical messages is prohibited in the chats. This also includes excessive use of caps.

This don´t cover a "not caps public invite posted in world chat every thirty minutes".

I did RP as a lawyer once.

7 minutes ago, Merilyn said:

They also took those who did only one spam for the room and the owner, I think the rule is for chat in general (world)...I think...

Yes there might be a rule. But it's not -posted- anywhere.
And now not only those that have their entire Team post Ad after ad after ad are being banned.
But also those that post one advertisement to say they are opening their room -once- (As Wildcard said happened to him)

And again, I keep repeating this. There has been ZERO word from the Developers about this sudden change in the rules.

Just now, BadWord said:

This don´t cover a "not caps public invite posted in world chat every thirty minutes".

I did RP as a lawyer once.

If you do it with other friends yes, this is an association lawyer :)

1 minute ago, Merilyn said:

If you do it with other friends yes, this is an association lawyer :)

Nobody is disputing that fact.
But how do you explain the case of Wildcard, who as he said got Banned for posting a Single Message about his room in World Chat. ONCE.

1 minute ago, Derai said:

Yes there might be a rule. But it's not -posted- anywhere.
And now not only those that have their entire Team post Ad after ad after ad are being banned.
But also those that post one advertisement to say they are opening their room -once- (As Wildcard said happened to him)

And again, I keep repeating this. There has been ZERO word from the Developers about this sudden change in the rules.

Unfortunately there is the rule and written.

Yes, I'm with you and I understand, but that's the rule and they can apply it, maybe the applied now because there's too many complaints.

But now I hope they apply it for everyone and not just for my friends and for you, or ignore it forever.

1 minute ago, Merilyn said:

Unfortunately there is the rule and written.

Sorry but no.
The 'rule' as it is written now? The 'Nonsensical' messages are forbidden thing?
Do you realize that by that rule, a reply of 'LOL' could be banned?
It's a nonsensical term, and often repeated.
The 'Rule' as it stands now, is Unclear, and could mean -Anything-, clarity is needed. Period.

17 minutes ago, Derai said:

Nobody is disputing that fact.
But how do you explain the case of Wildcard, who as he said got Banned for posting a Single Message about his room in World Chat. ONCE.

Many things are said, only they know the truth and those who have been banned, we do not.

The point is: is this rule applied to everyone from now? or will tomorrow be as it was before without the rule?

Edited by Merilyn

3 minutes ago, Derai said:

Sorry but no.
The 'rule' as it is written now? The 'Nonsensical' messages are forbidden thing?
Do you realize that by that rule, a reply of 'LOL' could be banned?
It's a nonsensical term, and often repeated.
The 'Rule' as it stands now, is Unclear, and could mean -Anything-, clarity is needed. Period.

This also includes excessive use of caps.