3DXChat Community

Oculus Rift doesn't load

jessica43928

I'm new to 3dxchat.  I'm trying to use the oculus rift.  Inside the headset, it just says that it's loading, and stays like that forever.  However, on the actual computer screen, it works fine, I can log in, create a character, and play the game.  Even while the game is active on the computer screen, it still says loading inside the headset.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Before you log in, Did you press the big purple "Enable Virtual reality"  button?

YnNxhxH.png

It is right under log in button. You gotta press that. then it will show a big "Put on headset" on your screen.

6zuBdH2.png

Then you put Oculus on and log in through headset. 

It works with my OG rift. Not sure about newer Rift S or the other ones though. 

There is a box you can check off and on  in the  Game settings menu to activate the rift when in game on the fly as well. 

4UjKu4U.png

Oh and finally make sure you have "Unknown sources" check to on in the Oculus software settings. 

90pGZGb.png

Goodluck!  Hope it works for you.

Edited by Nymphpott
spelling

3 minutes ago, jessica43928 said:

Okay, just figured that part out, thanks!  Unfortunately, now the controllers don't work

Yeah the touch controllers dont work for much :(  Mainly gotta keyboard and mouse it. There is ways to kinda remap the controllers to mimic mouse and keys but its a real pain in the derriere to figure out. I gave up on it.

If you are having problems with stuttering or lag. Turn down the grafix settings in game and uncheck some of the lighting boxes . it can help for certain maps and user created rooms. 

5 minutes ago, jessica43928 said:

okay, nevermind, I have it mostly working now.  Just need to get the sound.

Click the volume button on the right of your taskbar and switch to Headphones(Rift audio) Or Headphones(oculus virtual audio device).

Alternatively you can download Oculus tray tool and set the audio to be defaulted to your rift whenever you are playing a game. As well as tweak out the super sampling and stuff. Is a good program to have for all rift users. Especially for games without their own super sampling options like 3dxchat. But that can be done at a later date. or not  😛

Edited by Nymphpott

Ok, I'm sure I'm gonna piss a lot of people off by posting this...but PLEASE bear with me!!! And hear me out.  I don't know the first thing about apk files. Honestly, all I want to do is get xchat on my oculus quest. I already have side quest loaded, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the apk file. Someone....anyone....please help. Support has not been helpful!

2 hours ago, DJ_DJ said:

Ok, I'm sure I'm gonna piss a lot of people off by posting this...but PLEASE bear with me!!! And hear me out.  I don't know the first thing about apk files. Honestly, all I want to do is get xchat on my oculus quest. I already have side quest loaded, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the apk file. Someone....anyone....please help. Support has not been helpful!

.APK files are for android and mobile VR.  Oculus quest uses a different store and game files then Rift and Rift-.s. It is more of a mobile headset.   3dxchat does not have a official apk file. It is a pc game. 

There is ways to try and get your pc games to play on the Quest but its really complicated.  It May require additional hardware and lots and lots of fiddling, head scratching and research. . You could try the new Oculus link. Or some older methods to get steam Vr games to play. That said, nothing is guaranteed. The game is not supported for Oculus quest. So anything you do try will be on your own.  

This is all experimental beta stuff though and requires a unique expensive cable that may or may not work.  This is the newest way. there is other ways he mentions in the video to that are wireless and require , riftcat, Virtualdesktop and other stuff. He has some older video's on how to set that stuff up. It is probably possible but expect a whole lot of fiddling, learning through trail & error and some brain farts along the way . Could be all for nothing to. Or it could work. Support will be no use in this regards though for 3dxchat is not officially supported for Quest atm.  Better off on the Oculus reddit or official Oculus forums for real technical info and tutorials on this subject. 

Hopefully in the near future it will be a bit easier once Oculus releases its official cable and Link comes outta beta. Right now though it seems hit or miss.  

Edited by Nymphpott

• 1 year later...

Well, I never tried to. But with the experience of something of 6 years in the game I think with a standard monitor the game works somehow fairly good - beside all these bugs known and got used to it meanwhile.

Oculus seems to be a nice addition for a better 3D-Experience. But for people that are used to watch ther keyboards while typing in chat, such an addition would make communication  much more difficult I guess. Or maybe I just don't know how it really works... 🤷‍♂️

Secondary support vibes for a simple way to get Oculus Quest/2 & other VR options for 3dxChat.  

@Nymphpott @DJ_DJ  (seemingly still new enough to this Forum that I may not know how to tag others) 

Acknowledged regarding: 

On 12/9/2021 at 8:02 AM, Diana Prince said:

hand and finger tracking, typing with a kind of laserpointer on a virtual keyboard is not much fun in a chat based game

however could maybe be moreso useable in a future update? ..and, even if limited, would still be great to experience the many great 3dxChat room builds within VR...
...as well as maybe just spectate/POV on other's amorous adventures...

...and potentially a new/expanded [VR optional] experience for the new Chaturbate integration ( https://futureofsex.net/virtual-sex-entertainment/chaturbate-approves-3dxchat-adult-game-in-model-streams/ ) ...perhaps functionally similar to the following VR in youtube (which may also serve as an APK workaround/solution for getting windows-based games to function in Oculus/Meta VR?):   

Edited by erosmost