Jump to content
3DXChat Community
Torax

Free rooms and objects

Recommended Posts

Thank you all that have submitted props, I have downloaded and used many items during the past month and a half of building at the place I am opening soon. AGAIN THANK YOU ALL!-JZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

February 29 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 2 New rooms by Angixoxo: Thot Spot (RP) & Summer Cabin (Villa)

  • 1 New room by Xanar: Villa (Villa)

  • 1 New room by Thamea: L'Opera Bar (RP)

  • 2 New rooms by Pandorra: Jamaican Getaway (House) & Costal House (Villa)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, Celestryal said:

Each time we enter a room with a live DJ they have access to your IP address and some of them are pretty accurate.

They don't have access to your direct IP as it takes more than you simply connecting to the server.  They get the closest location that your provider shows for your area but not your direct location or IP address as that takes a little more than simply looking at the IPs connecting to a server.  Some use a VPN to hide where they are, depending on your internet provider you can get it free, use a free service or pay for it with some even offering a rotating IP address so it can change while using it.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:18 PM, Ross the RoberT said:

if they are accurate, thats just because your ISP is near you. you cannot get someones location (address) from a ip address unless you work for that internet company or are in law enforcement..  IP addresses dont work that way

I agree, you won't get direct information nor their physical address.  Unless you know what you're doing and even then you have to be connected and know what you need to do to get that information and that takes a little bit of time to do.

What I see is people starting things to which they don't seem to know all the information. If you want to know how secure you are generally speaking, call your internet provider and ask them just how accurate your IP is when connecting to a server.

Here is a good example:  You're online shopping, you have no VPN on so your location isn't hidden, you use the go by my location when your shopping at a particular site to see if they have it in your local store.  Have you noticed that it doesn't always give you the store close to you but one that's in the next town or two away, it's going by what your IP is not your physical address so unless you select the store nearest you, it won't give it to you.  I was looking for something at my local store online and it had me set for a store that's 40 minutes away and does that every time I go to the site even though I change the store that's closest to me, so when I go to their site, I have to fix it every time to look for something I need from my local store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mar Mohan said:

They don't have access to your direct IP as it takes more than you simply connecting to the server.  They get the closest location that your provider shows for your area but not your direct location or IP address as that takes a little more than simply looking at the IPs connecting to a server.  Some use a VPN to hide where they are, depending on your internet provider you can get it free, use a free service or pay for it with some even offering a rotating IP address so it can change while using it

Yes. AND? If you do not have a VPN??  I have logged into plenty who have my exact town.  The last town I lived in was 2.6 square miles.  True it did not place them on my street but having been a stalking victim this is something to be aware of.  Most are unaware of the details given to the DJ depending on which streaming service the DJ is using.  No, it is not an exact science.  But some of them get a bit too close for comfort.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SusanLouisa said:

Yes. AND? If you do not have a VPN??  I have logged into plenty who have my exact town.  The last town I lived in was 2.6 square miles.  True it did not place them on my street but having been a stalking victim this is something to be aware of.  Most are unaware of the details given to the DJ depending on which streaming service the DJ is using.  No, it is not an exact science.  But some of them get a bit too close for comfort.  

It may be close it's not exact.  I get what you're saying but unless you have any real idea of what you're doing with a computer, you won't get a person's exact address just where the IP address is used by their internet provider.  It should be common knowledge if you go on the internet a server can see what your IP address is.

Here is a simple Google search for free VPN providers:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=free+VPN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mar. Do you ever listen to anyone EVER?  I just told you.  MINE HAS BEEN EXACT.  Do you think I am telling you lies?  What would be the purpose of my lie exactly??  How would I benefit by a lie?  No, Mar, it was EXACT, not just close.  Any real idea of using a computer? ~face palm~ Enough to know that some can tell what town and state I live in.  Yes, I am aware of what a VPN is and how to obtain one, but thank you so much for your assumed needed assistance. My point was to let others know in case THEY were not aware.  I will not discuss this with you any further.  You believe what you wish.  Any one else can check in with their local DJ and see what is showing for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think you just need to calm down cos you both speak about the same things.

An IP will locate you, your country for sure, and then your area. If you are unlucky, it will point to the same city than the one you live in, it can happen indeed.

Nevertheless, the IP dont give your exact adress at all, or you just live next to the i dunno how it is called, internet nod?

Bottom line is the following:

If you want to keep your country and your area/city secret in 3dx, dont listen to music at all, or just the radio, not even music in public places cos they are stream too. Also dont come on my website neither, cos yes i can see country/cities even if i dont know who are the players coming on my website. Only If you submit stuff, I can make the link player/IP.

It is everyone choice from now on. Subject closed.

 

 

Edited by Torax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Mar. Do you ever listen to anyone EVER?  I just told you.  MINE HAS BEEN EXACT.  Do you think I am telling you lies?  What would be the purpose of my lie exactly??  How would I benefit by a lie?  No, Mar, it was EXACT, not just close.  Any real idea of using a computer? ~face palm~ Enough to know that some can tell what town and state I live in.  Yes, I am aware of what a VPN is and how to obtain one, but thank you so much for your assumed needed assistance. My point was to let others know in case THEY were not aware.  I will not discuss this with you any further.  You believe what you wish.  Any one else can check in with their local DJ and see what is showing for them.

Where in my posts did I state that it doesn't give your exact town, oh wait, that's right I never said it didn't I stated it gives the IP that your provider provides according to your location, so if it's in the same town as you.  Unless you state to someone where you live, they won't know you're not using a VPN.  The town may be exact but not where you actually live, big difference.  Mine shows my town and given that you've been stalked before, I would think you'd protect yourself and have a VPN.  If you live in a more populated area then yes, your IP town will be exact.  For example Miami, LA, Philadelphia, Chicago and such as they are bigger towns and depending on where you live outside of them, your town might be where the IP server is showing.  So before you try to snap off my head read what I wrote, I never said that it doesn't show your town, it's very possible depending on where your internet provider shows you accessing the internet from.  No where did I stated you lied, nor would I.  I wasn't assuming anything about the post of the VPN, I put it there for anyone to be able to use.  I understood your point but in the end anyone that uses the internet knows there are all kinds of risks, it's your choice to protect yourself in the best way possible for those risks.

2 hours ago, Torax said:

I think you just need to calm down cos you both speak about the same things.

An IP will locate you, your country for sure, and then your area. If you are unlucky, it will point to the same city than the one you live in, it can happen indeed.

Nevertheless, the IP dont give your exact adress at all, or you just live next to the i dunno how it is called, internet nod?

Bottom line is the following:

If you want to keep your country and your area/city secret in 3dx, dont listen to music at all, or just the radio, not even music in public places cos they are stream too. Also dont come on my website neither, cos yes i can see country/cities even if i dont know who are the players coming on my website. Only If you submit stuff, I can make the link player/IP.

It is everyone choice from now on. Subject closed.

 

 

Exactly, that was the point of my post.  Use a VPN or some form of that to protect yourself if you don't want your location known.  It's that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mar Mohan said:

It may be close it's not exact. 

 

1 hour ago, Mar Mohan said:

Where in my posts did I state that it doesn't give your exact town, oh wait, that's right I never said it didn't....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mar Mohan said:

It may be close it's not exact.  I get what you're saying but unless you have any real idea of what you're doing with a computer, you won't get a person's exact address just where the IP address is used by their internet provider.  It should be common knowledge if you go on the internet a server can see what your IP address is.

Here is a simple Google search for free VPN providers:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=free+VPN

I've tried the "free" VPN's several and every last one of them slowed my internet (wired or wifi) from 100+mbps to 25-50mbps. That's a huge cost when you are paying for 100mbps. Now, IF I want a good VPN that protects my speed (or dips at most 10%) I have to pay almost the same price as I pay to my provider. 

That is all I have to say about the conversation between you and Susan. Just don't tell someone to go to a free VPN and then not tell them the disadvantages of what "free" are.

that said.....

Thank you Torax and all builders who share. You help make the game fun and it is deeply appreciated.

Edited by panCDCA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mar Mohan said:

It may be close it's not exact.  I get what you're saying but unless you have any real idea of what you're doing with a computer, you won't get a person's exact address just where the IP address is used by their internet provider.  It should be common knowledge if you go on the internet a server can see what your IP address is.

Here is a simple Google search for free VPN providers:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=free+VPN

 

12 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Mar. Do you ever listen to anyone EVER?  I just told you.  MINE HAS BEEN EXACT.  Do you think I am telling you lies?  What would be the purpose of my lie exactly??  How would I benefit by a lie?  No, Mar, it was EXACT, not just close.  Any real idea of using a computer? ~face palm~ Enough to know that some can tell what town and state I live in.  Yes, I am aware of what a VPN is and how to obtain one, but thank you so much for your assumed needed assistance. My point was to let others know in case THEY were not aware.  I will not discuss this with you any further.  You believe what you wish.  Any one else can check in with their local DJ and see what is showing for them.

Close as it NOT YOUR EXACT ADDRESS.  As I had explained prior that they cannot get your EXACT address off your IP, yes they may get your town but NOT your address.  I even stated examples of how it can state your EXACT town depending on where you're located and where the server for your IP provider. So while you want to state it, why don't you read up in my other comments where I had explained it even after you posted to me, I even responded.  It will never be your EXACT location, i.e. your physical address.  I explained that it's going to be closest to your location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, panCDCA said:

I've tried the "free" VPN's several and every last one of them slowed my internet (wired or wifi) from 100+mbps to 25-50mbps. That's a huge cost when you are paying for 100mbps. Now, IF I want a good VPN that protects my speed (or dips at most 10%) I have to pay almost the same price as I pay to my provider. 

That is all I have to say about the conversation between you and Susan. Just don't tell someone to go to a free VPN and then not tell them the disadvantages of what "free" are.

that said.....

Thank you Torax and all builders who share. You help make the game fun and it is deeply appreciated.

They have ones that don't cost that much but if you're worried about someone finding out your location, that cost won't matter when you want to protect yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 4 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 1 New object by MissVermillion: Barbapapa (Wall Art)

  • 1 New room by Angixoxo: Castle (RP)

  • 1 New room by Thamea: Luvenus Nightclub (RP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 6 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 1 New room by Torax: Villa 2  (Villa)

 

Time is passing by and I try to let go more of my stuff. So here is my house, many objects are already shared, but this is most likely the room which condensate most of my work.

https://www.3dxchatsharing.com/villa-2-by-torax

1801217794_2020-03-0613-55-41_3375252(FILEminimizer).thumb.jpg.1beea10a2cacedf804edafd49aa619ba.jpg

202483148_2020-03-0613-56-44_3378025(FILEminimizer).thumb.jpg.255329074f5c42226a778fa3897e5dfe.jpg

915071721_2020-03-0613-57-33_3380417(FILEminimizer).thumb.jpg.54eda0cb915fd10bdec9b0ddc28ba423.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

Nice! :D

our houses are always close to our hearts... and we pour much time into them.. sharing it is pretty big of you, dear ;)

 

I AGREE 100%. 


As someone who sadly lacks the patience I am grateful and thankful to those who share their works selflessly. I am in awe of their hard work and dedication. 

THANK YOU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 9 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 3 New objects by CharityFine: Electronic Keyboard  (Electronics), Snowmobile (Vehicles) & Neon Girl Sign (Wall Art)

  • 1 New object by Rubbina: Factory Shed (Room Part)

  • 1 New room by Rubbina: Modern House (Villa)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 13 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 1 New room by Rubbina: Doll Island (RP)

  • 1 New object by Hipfu: Love Bed (Furnitures)

  • 2 New rooms by DJKhal: New Hollywood Club 2020 (Club) and Relax Island (Resort)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 4:33 PM, Torax said:

What's new?

March 9 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 3 New objects by CharityFine: Electronic Keyboard  (Electronics), Snowmobile (Vehicles) & Neon Girl Sign (Wall Art)

  • 1 New object by Rubbina: Factory Shed (Room Part)

  • 1 New room by Rubbina: Modern House (Villa)

its not on the site ?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 17 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 5 New rooms by Hincholas: Deluxe Suit (Apartment), Island Resort (Resort), Prison (RP), Theater (Club) and Train Station (RP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 21 st 2020:

Contributions:

  • 1 New room by BlackVelvet: Red Rocket (Themed)

  • 1 New object: Lighted Oak Hutch by DrakeStorm (Furnitures)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 25 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 1 New room by SummerX: Island Sanctuary (Villa)

  • 3 New rooms by Lucho: Villa (Villa), Zen Garden (Themed) and Church (Themed)

  • 1 New room by DJKhal: Villa (Villa)

  • 1 New object by DrakeStorm: Oak Table (Furnitures)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's new?

March 26 th 2020:

Contributions:

  • 1 New room by Ghostintheshell: Baybitch (RP)

  • 1 New room by Torax: Forgotten Island (Themed)

  • 14 New objects by Torax: Bed (Furnitures), Bed 2 (Funitures), Bench (Furnitures), Bridge (Room Part), Column (Room Part), Cupola (Room Part), Fire (Decoration), Jar and Cups (Drinks), Lamp (Decoration), Pole (Decoration), Small Cupola (Room Part), Small Table (Furnitures), Table (Furniture) & Torch (Decoration)

Edited by Torax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...