3DXChat Community

Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

XenophiliusLovegood

Alternate Avatars  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should avatars belonging to an account have a common parent nickname?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

Like I mentioned in a different thread, I am glad we have pandora. I have alts for when I dont care to talk to everyone and for building. People can check me all they want and I really don't mind. There's lots of people who likely know my alts but I am never bothered while I am logged on with them.

Β 

I will say that it seems odd for people to be passionately upset about pandora. It does add a bit of accountability. Ofc people can ways make a new account but hey... if you wanna mind fuck people then at least you will pay more to do it

I actually don't mind Pandora either in that same respect.

When it 1st became popular it did give me a headache with all the people using it finding things on people I knew, it was upsetting and ended up causing me to not re sub.

But I don't blame Pandora for that, I blame the people that played games that got found out.

And like you Jessica I have nothing to hide on any alts I have or had, I have mentioned them in this forum several times.

If anyone asked me in the game I just told them my alts names.

Β 

I actually am truly starting to think that it should be a feature for Gizmo to add to the game.

Take away the 10k charge for the 2nd and 3rd slots and bring in a system to be able to check for peoples other avis and charge for that.

If role players are honest with what they do with their alts that should make them happy as they get back the ability to make new alts with no charge.

And for instance if I suspect an avi is someones alt stalking me I can just pay say 5k and check who it really is in game.

Plus as I said before, if Pandora is now accepted, why should the money go to an outside party.

Β 

The difference between it being an in game feature and Pandora is it will be well known by everyone that you can be easily checked up on, should at least minimise how often alts are used for no good.

Also the money made from checks goes where it should, to the game.

Plus it can bring back the free 2nd and 3rd slots for role players.

Β 

So people, maybe a have a good think about that as a solution ?

Have a life.

Enjoy the game

Don't trust too fast

If anyone pissed you off... ignore.

Β 

I have never seen this in other games. I think that some peeps are sick.

Actually all other social worlds have a common account identifier as suggested here.

I don't really think they can replicate Pandora right now for two reasons. First I doubt they have the data to do it right now since it was likely never stored, and I do think people expect when they delete or change something that its really gone and not instead saved to a database somewhere, so PandoraΒ will have a older database then 3DX ever could. Second it turns out that Pandora is more free then I first though it was, and I have read that in fact you get five free outings a month. I do kind of think that if they went that route and decided to replicate it instead of doing something to stop it in another way it would be in someways better then whats going on now. Over allΒ Pandora is kind of creepy, and I don't know about the people who all have suddenly decided its great, its basically a tool for stalkers.Β  :rolleyes:Β On the other hand I don't think they have that much time left if they don't act soon everyone is going to have it like the dll I think a common identifier might help with that...

People have been busy over night! To my mind it comes down to this. It probably isn't a good idea to do to another person something you wouldn't want done to you. The people who cause trouble are the first to whinge and grizzle when the tables are turned on them.

Β 

Take, as a simple example, the random huggers. They do it because they know it annoys people. I think they'd not like it if they were on the recieving end of it, so why do they do it? They are the kind of childish idiots who think it's OK providing it doesn't happen to them. The naked wankers are the same .................. they think it is OK to have a bad attitude to their chosen target. I doubt they'd enjoy it if it happenned to them. You can extend the anology to most of the areas of poor behaviour we've seen both in game and on the forums.

Β 

I do have to say that I think things are improving, but there is still a way to go. I've had less trouble with in game irritations lately and we've seen that the forums have improved beyond measure. These discussions do their bit to help. The right action from the devs can move things along a bit quicker.

People have been busy over night! To my mind it comes down to this. It probably isn't a good idea to do to another person something you wouldn't want done to you. The people who cause trouble are the first to whinge and grizzle when the tables are turned on them.

Β 

Take, as a simple example, the random huggers. They do it because they know it annoys people. Not always they doing it by your strange reason. Some of them just very open minded and friendly. If they did it just one time,so what a problem?Β I think they'd not like it if they were on the recieving end of it, so why do they do it? They are the kind of childish idiots who think it's OK providing it doesn't happen to them. The naked wankers are the same Those one around 3 month in iggy, what problem? And as i noticed one of them did it all the time from main.Β .................. they think it is OK to have a bad attitude to their chosen target. I doubt they'd enjoy it if it happenned to them. You can extend the anology to most of the areas of poor behaviour we've seen both in game and on the forums.

Β 

I do have to say that I think things are improving, but there is still a way to go. I've had less trouble with in game irritations lately and we've seen that the forums have improved beyond measure. These discussions do their bit to help. The right action from the devs can move things along a bit quicker. Yes, right action to create some clothes and poses. Ignore button was created long time ego. So what a problem?

I don't really think they can replicate Pandora right now for two reasons. First I doubt they have the data to do it right now since it was likely never stored, and I do think people expect when they delete or change something that its really gone and not instead saved to a database somewhere, so PandoraΒ will have a older database then 3DX ever could. Second it turns out that Pandora is more free then I first though it was, and I have read that in fact you get five free outings a month. I do kind of think that if they went that route and decided to replicate it instead of doing something to stop it in another way it would be in someways better then whats going on now. Over allΒ Pandora is kind of creepy, and I don't know about the people who all have suddenly decided its great, its basically a tool for stalkers.Β  :rolleyes:Β On the other hand I don't think they have that much time left if they don't act soon everyone is going to have it like the dll I think a common identifier might help with that...

I don`t really think they want to replicate Pandora and include in 3dx cuz they are against it. And if I am wrong, most in 3dx against it anyway. Not every game have an id indication or family mark. Not every game same as 3dx.its not like a SL or something. 3dx is more hardcore.

"Ignore" can defend you from unwanted person and alts of this person. If you are not the stalker, paranoid who want a revenge or justΒ  a psycho, it is a good solution. What problem to use ignore. Identification can not safe you anyway from attack.

Ignore wouldn't help in my case, since I never experienced the issues that some here claim to have had. However, their pain is evident on the forum, every time I read one of these threads I feel for those people. Not just the ones who have been harasses, and stalked, but also those who did dumb things, because they though they could. Some people just need a safely net, or a stop sign to have fun, and I don't really see why we cant give them one. Everyone should be able to have a good time here.Β  :)

Ignore wouldn't help in my case, since I never experienced the issues that some here claim to have had. However, their pain is evident on the forum, every time I read one of these threads I feel for those people. Not just the ones who have been harasses, and stalked, but also those who did dumb things, because they though they could. Some people just need a safely net, or a stop sign to have fun, and I don't really see why we cant give them one. Everyone should be able to have a good time here.Β  :)

Absolutely agree. But is it a good thing to ignore one side to satisfy another side? I hope we are far from times when one side by ignoring rights of another side just could throw them on plantation for making money and cause of satisfy the feel of safety. If we need a solution, we need to know what exactly both side want and why. I noticed a very different motivations,talks and so on.Β  B)

========================================================================================

Adding: 12 years ago I was done with this, but I forgot the answer. Can someone help me? What is this on the picture?

Β 

LNSUgGn.png

Β 

Β 

Yes you are right and thank you for putting thought into it and seeing those things.

They would need to gather at least 3 months of data before even trying and yes people would not like it if they knew pictures and things they delete are kept on a database.

But it was worth thinking about I guess, any possible solution is worth discussing.

Β 

So we are still at the account identifier being the best solution and still getting much the same opposition to it.

It seems no matter how many times we explain how iggy does not do the job they keep insisting on it does.

It seems no matter how many times we ask for them to explain why it matters so much that the alts they use need to stay anonymous they will always come back with the same answers, even though it has been explained so many times it makes little to no difference on any of the things they say.

The only real one it can make a difference on is when people use an alt to get some privacy, like I myself use to when my bf played, we both made alts so we could go to LI without people knowing it was us and get some time alone.

But even with things like that you still do get some privacy if they are marked with an identifier.

Alts used for this would not be on peoples friends list, so you won't show up as being online and people would realise that if you are doing this it is likely because you want some time alone.

Anything like that and how it may effect its use does not go close to what can be gained by having the identifier.

Having some trust go back into new players alone is worth more than what we would loose.

Β 

So lets look at some of the things it can make a lot harder for people to do.

Β 

Stalkers at the moment are hard to detect, let alone prove who they are, all they need to do is create an alt and not let anyone know about it.

Yes they can be found through Pandora, but what about those of us that stick to the rules and don't use it, eventually someone may find out and tell us or we could maybe find out by using the old fashion method using iggy.

Either way people who want to stalk using alts have the upper hand, and mostly iggy is of no help until it is to late.

Like what are we meant to do there using iggy, put everyone on iggy that is not a friend.

Β 

Manipulators again find it easy at the moment.

They friend you or even just communicate with you it what seems a friendly way and sometimes will spend a lot of time doing it.

Then they will do things like influence you towards their other avi they want you to get with, or influence you away from someone you know.

Same goes there, iggy is pretty much useless to prevent this from happening, it can only do something after they have been found out.

Β 

Similar to manipulating are those that use alts to influence people against someone they do not like.

I know people that have created alts just to do that, and have had those alts seeming pretty friendly, but they were there just for that purpose.

Β 

I could list more but I have shown enough where iggy does not do the job and where having an identifier would at least force these people to get a second account.

Not everyone that does these things would be prepared to get a second account to do so and I think only a small amount would be prepared, so it would reduce the amount of times t happens fairly considerably I think.

Β 

Also mostly when people do these types of things they pretend to be new players which is what is effecting the trust given to new players.

There have been lots of people comment on how they do not reply to pms from people they don't now, it is not just me that has said that.

And even the people that are against the account identifier are saying we must not trust so easily.

So new players having to face a trust issue when they start in the game is definitely there, no matter what others are trying to say, and that in itself is a big problem for the game.

An account identifier would definitely help there, if people could see what would mostly be new players having just one avi, and if not could rather quickly find out the others.

Β 

Unless certain people in these forums are prepared to start seeing these are genuine problems and stop trying to say that iggy is the answer to all I am not even going to bother listening to what they have to say anymore.

So far they have shown they are not prepared to listen to us, where several people have now shown where iggy does not do the job, and they still keep insisting on saying it does.

As I have said before they will not give an inch, so I am no longer prepared to compromise and will stick with fighting for an account identifier to be added.

I actually feel it needs to be more than that, I think it should be that all avis get listed in a persons profile on all avis they have, so it is then very easy and quick to find out if that alt belongs to someone you know.

There has never been a good enough reason presented to not have it that way.Β 

You can return all of your last words to yourself. You're never going to compromise. I am not surprised. Your motivation is not clear.

Β 

I am never going to compromise, if you mean I never tried you have to be kidding, I was going against what other people believe to be the best solution trying to find a compromise, several times.

Each time trying to look at things you guys were saying, like not having to pay for 2nd and 3rd slots and some things where privacy is just minorly effected like getting alone time.

Where as you, you do not give an inch not even acknowledging things we have said and keep on insisting that iggy resolves everything.

But this is my last response to you until you are prepared to see the obvious, which is there are problems.

Which I doubt you will ever do.

I am never going to compromise, if you mean I never tried you have to be kidding, I was going against what other people believe to be the best solution trying to find a compromise, several times.

Each time trying to look at things you guys were saying, like not having to pay for 2nd and 3rd slots and some things where privacy is just minorly effected like getting alone time.

Where as you, you do not give an inch not even acknowledging things we have said and keep on insisting that iggy resolves everything.

But this is my last response to you until you are prepared to see the obvious, which is there are problems.

Which I doubt you will ever do.

You are wrong,few years ago and today i said that i understand a problem, but why you do not understand that your problem will create another problem? Always you just skip every argument, but by word "minority" you don`t provide a fact. Privacy is important. Paying for new slots is bad thing, I have the same opinion today. Maybe just 1 slot, but 1 slot need to be given for free, it`s logic. You can`t use this game fully without it.

Seems you still at your old manner. I will post the solvation of this problem later, in few days. This will solve the problem without annoying anyone, any side.

This is starting to go round and round - the point I am trying to make is that you simply do not go up to a random person in the street and hug them. If you did you'd prolly get arrested or a black eye. If you went up to somebody on the beach and wanked off over them you not last any longer. If it's not OK in RL it's prolly not OK in 3dxChat. It really is that simple. Just because it's pixels doesn't make it OK.

Β 

With regard to the rumour mongers, yes I agree there are some people in RL who delight in that sort of crap, as in the virtual domain. Again it is quite simple, if you don't like rumours being spread about you then it's probably not a good idea to spread rumours about other people. Bullying is exactly the same, as is causing trouble in people's rooms, world or local chat.

Β 

It is not about dictating how other people play the game, there are some behaviours I think most of us would agree we can do without in game. It is about respect, decency and basically being a normal human being. People who use alts to go snooping or to stalk someone are doing something wrong and deserve to be viewed with contempt.

Β 

This is all very different to people using alts for role play, getting a bit of peace and quiet while building or whatever. Nobody is arguing that alts are a bad thing, just that a sufficiently large minority use them in a way that becomes a problem.

Β 

As I understand it Pandora is on the dark web, accessed through Tor or something and paid for by bitcoin ........................... does that say 'this is a reputable product' to you?

It's about trust, something this game seriously lacks.Β  It doesn't matter if you do that, they could easily go and open another account instead of spending the XGold they have.

Β 

Adding:
Paying XGold as suggested to find out one users alts or other information in game would break the privacy policy of the game and could have an adverse reaction causing more people to walk away.

Β 

The random huggers/colders some are new to the game and some have always done it because that is how they play the game.Β  While they may not do it in real that option is open here because of the nature of the game.Β  A lot don't read profiles so putting "No Colds" in there doesn't always help.

Β 

Each person pays for their own experience in the game they pay to play as they choose.Β  While we may not agree with what others do it's their choice as long as they aren't breaking the rules.Β  We may get hurt or so on from this game but when you think about it, only you are the one who has the control to change the course of how your game continues.

Edited by Mar Mohan

Are you saying that random hugging/colds etc are OK because it's possible to do it? I don't think you are, to be honest. Even a total noob knows that some behaviours are decidedly suspect. I am convinced that the people who cause trouble are not noobs.

Β 

I agree that trust is the big issue with this and the Pandora thread. While people can play pretty much how they chose they do not have a carte blanche to be annoying, offensive or rude. Just like rl, people temper their behaviour to suit the community norms. It's not like saying 'you will not do this or that', the ToS outline the basics. I think what we are trying to do here is to establish and make known our community norms, the things we take pretty much for granted in rl.

I actually don't mind Pandora either in that same respect.

When it 1st became popular it did give me a headache with all the people using it finding things on people I knew, it was upsetting and ended up causing me to not re sub.

But I don't blame Pandora for that, I blame the people that played games that got found out.

And like you Jessica I have nothing to hide on any alts I have or had, I have mentioned them in this forum several times.

If anyone asked me in the game I just told them my alts names.

Β 

I actually am truly starting to think that it should be a feature for Gizmo to add to the game.

Take away the 10k charge for the 2nd and 3rd slots and bring in a system to be able to check for peoples other avis and charge for that.

If role players are honest with what they do with their alts that should make them happy as they get back the ability to make new alts with no charge.

And for instance if I suspect an avi is someones alt stalking me I can just pay say 5k and check who it really is in game.

Plus as I said before, if Pandora is now accepted, why should the money go to an outside party.

Β 

The difference between it being an in game feature and Pandora is it will be well known by everyone that you can be easily checked up on, should at least minimise how often alts are used for no good.

Also the money made from checks goes where it should, to the game.

Plus it can bring back the free 2nd and 3rd slots for role players.

Β 

So people, maybe a have a good think about that as a solution ?

I don't get why we have to pay for knowing who hidding behind the sec and third avis , you just have to block the avi who piss you up and that's it, all the other will be blocked at the same time. problem solved. no?

Actually all other social worlds have a common account identifier as suggested here.

Β 

Are you sure? I have been playing 3DChathouse with 3 alts. And there was no way to know who were behind. Holly crap no drama there.... peeps were there for exploring their sexual fantasies, nothing else. Alts were useful for you were able to manage your appearance and sexual tendencies. Now I ask you one question: why are there so many dramas here?Β 

Are you sure? I have been playing 3DChathouse with 3 alts. And there was no way to know who were behind. Holly crap no drama there.... peeps were there for exploring their sexual fantasies, nothing else. Alts were useful for you were able to manage your appearance and sexual tendencies. Now I ask you one question: why are there so many dramas here?Β 

You already have your Answer in your reply Mei!

Cuz only FEW peeps were in 3dx for exploring their sexual fantasies, Many else looking to find love at first sight in the hope to get them for RL met.