3DXChat Community

Pic contests judges are taking it personal

JuicyJina

Those photos got like 24 likes each. I am not sure what they make their decisions by but it would be nice to see the name of the judges so we can throw rotten tomatoes at them lol Really, why to hide the name of the judges? It's not like we know real IDs.

(Going to get a bunch of tomatoes... just in case the names will be released)

I think the judges that are judging the pic contests are taking it personal, i dont know if they know me cuz they are "anonymous" but its not fair, i got higher rate of likes on my pics and its not even mentioned in the winners list nor the honorable mentions... really? i know my work and its not bullshit.. you know what is bullshit? you & your decisions! you have no taste in art go find something else to do better than sitting on your asses thinking that u know anything!

beach1.jpg

V nice pic :)

Maybe it's because there is no sun in the background of your pic lol

But in my opinion , your pic isn't selected because you added the "beach" sign , so it's counted as photoshoped pic . And there is only one winner in the photoshoped category . Even if i always said that not knowing who are the judges could looks suspicious to certain paoples . Some peoples who don't win can think that the judges make their friends win . 

But in my opinion , your pic isn't selected because you added the "beach" sign , so it's counted as photoshoped pic . And there is only one winner in the photoshoped category . Even if i always said that not knowing who are the judges could looks suspicious to certain paoples . Some peoples who don't win can think that the judges make their friends win . 

well at least a mention lol they didnt even do that! well im not looking into that anymore..... let them go and do whatever the F they want... im not gonna put effort to show these bullshit people my talents.. i prefer keeping it for myself...

Maybe there are no actual judges. Gizmo wakes up after heavy drinking and with one eye open clicks about and gets back to sleep. I do that sometimes lol

Call it what you want, your work is nice no doubt about it, wont win anything by quitting though. And just to answer Leeloos post above, yes her pictures do fall in the photoshop category which only gets a third of the votes the non photoshop part of the contest does, which then results in less metions there. 

Call it what you want, your work is nice no doubt about it, wont win anything by quitting though. And just to answer Leeloos post above, yes her pictures do fall in the photoshop category which only gets a third of the votes the non photoshop part of the contest does, which then results in less metions there. 

i dunno why u are hating? are u one of the judges? thats why u came to defend yourself?

I think it is fair to know how the contest photos are being judged and by whom. What are the "judges" looking at? Certainly not the public "likes" because Jina's pics have plenty of those. So what is it then? Just curious. Thanks!

Nope, came to clarify that the judges do change from time to time and that your picture falls under the photoshop category, apart from that i have no interest in your accusations :)

first time i got the same issue and we have spoke about it as u remember in the past and when i won twice i got my prize after 3 weeks and now this.... well i guess the admins here are a mob all together just deciding whatever they want.. anyway have a good day :)

I think it is fair to know how the contest photos are being judged and by whom. What are the "judges" looking at? Certainly not the public "likes" because Jina's pics have plenty of those. So what is it then? Just curious. Thanks!

On the months theme mainly, when it comes to photoshop images then they also look at how well its done, but as stated in the monthly competition, they do get less votes since there is only one winner, ideally id like to have 3 winners there too but im not the one handling the prizes and whats available sadly.

On the subject of likes, we had that system before and it didnt work, people would ask people to go like their picture and what not, it became a battle of who had the most friends which wasnt fair. Now they are only used if there is a tie on votes, which is fairly common.

Hope that helps, if not ill try again

first time i got the same issue and we have spoke about it as u remember in the past and when i won twice i got my prize after 3 weeks and now this.... well i guess the admins here are a mob all together just deciding whatever they want.. anyway have a good day :)

I dont handle the prizes, nothing i can do about it taking a long time sometimes.

On the months theme mainly, when it comes to photoshop images then they also look at how well its done, but as stated in the monthly competition, they do get less votes since there is only one winner, ideally id like to have 3 winners there too but im not the one handling the prizes and whats available sadly.

On the subject of likes, we had that system before and it didnt work, people would ask people to go like their picture and what not, it became a battle of who had the most friends which wasnt fair. Now they are only used if there is a tie on votes, which is fairly common.

Hope that helps, if not ill try again

Thank you.

Well the judges are just people, and just like all people they have prejudices and favorites.  It's not their fault that they can't judge a contest objectively.  

I'm sure there's a good reason for the amount of likes to have nothing to do with how the winner is picked.  I can't think of one, but I'm sure there must be one...  I mean, it's not like the judges jus pick the pictures submitted by their friends, right?  That would be crazy!