3DXChat Community

DJing in Public Places (attempt #2)

DocQ

Well I've been following this thread with interest. All I can add is, I'm very grateful for all who go above and beyond the call of duty to make our virtual world a more enjoyable place to frequent: Achilles for spending time and money to provide a platform for the live DJs, also to all the live DJs - 'official' and 'unofficial' - for the time, effort and money invested in providing their music and talent for us to enjoy, and to those people who turn their rooms into extra venues beyond the six provided by the game itself.

My take on all this? The devs seem quite happy to ride on the back of the efforts of their clients who provide something they should really cater for themselves. It would be a smaller, less ambient world without this group of people who give more than they take. To all of you, thanks :)

I would never attack anyone, DJ or not, in public.  If I have an issue with ANYONE, I take it to private.  That is something between him/her and myself.

If anyone in this thread, or this entire game has felt attacked by me personally, I do apologize for that, but I don't apologize for my opinions on music because I base it on facts that I have experienced and talked with other musicians about. irl i am in a local band, I do play multiple instruments, I have written songs before, and I also DJ.  Does that make me an expert, no, but I think it does give me a right to have an opinion knowing that I don't just bring it up without something to back it up.

Achillies, I do applaud you for using your own money on things, and I do want to thank you for that.  Not many people would.  Music is an important part of this game, it would be very boring without it.

You miss understand Achilles, I am not angry with you for what you have done at all and I understand the reasons why you have done so.

What I do not like is that Gizmo is letting you cover the cost when he gets so much benefit from what you are doing.

He would know that, he would know you have these costs and not insisting he cover the cost he is doing the wrong thing by not only you, but the whole 3DXChat community.

I can't agree.... Why should someone buy a voluntary thing or service?

That's like pay for a gift ^^ Lol If i get one day a Car as gift, sure I will pay it^^

Again I did all things voluntary to made this Community a bit more exclusive and Individual.

Roger that Sergeant!

New intel coming in on radio's.

Canadian Peacekeepers dropping pamphlets from planes to try to calm down the masses. 

product_1245936808e80ae0542c28cb1large.j

The edm dj's look in fear commander Achilles what are these things falling out of the sky with strings on them ....they must be some kind of secret weapons....

Music is an important part of this game, it would be very boring without it.

You bet dude^^ and if the [DJ|s + Events] and the [selfstreaming feature] ever should be gone here  -> starts to play firestarter on the HIFI extreme loud, whiles my Sis burns our yearly sub hahaa!!

58cca54b84f62ba481c51140eae406b6.gif

PS:  Thank you for paying and hosting the server(s) Chilli and ridiculous SGD aint doing that!!

Hello ladies and gentlemen, can't talk much as I'm at work but I've been reading over these past few posts and want to reply to somethings. :)

1. In my opinion what Achilles has done and this is no way in a biased way I would say this even if I was not a DJ. He has done a lot and I still remember him and myself scrambling back in January to get the server up and running because RadioTunes pulled the plug on their public streams. Granted some of the music may not be the best it was rushed as we had to get a lot of music in a couple hours and it was difficult. We both spent the entire night getting it all sorted until like 9am the following morning! But I do not believe asking him to step down is the right course of action. He has said there is going to be a more fair approach to recruiting DJs. So bare with it and see what is said. I am sure it will be good! :)

2. All the DJs do this on our own will to entertain you guys to spend a lot of money to get music for you guys to enjoy and listen to. And as I said above, some music may not be the best, but rather than calling it rubbish or sub-par give us feedback on stuff you'd like to hear. As the music is always subject to change. May cost a bit but we are happy to provide the service for you. And perhaps in future the developers may help pay some towards it when they are no longer busy with the 3dxchat 2.0 project but we shall see. But for now Achilles and the other DJs are happy to provide the music service. It may not be to everyones tastes but rather than bashing a specific genre of music. Give us feedback or some ideas. :) I already have some ideas for Love Island for future. But we are always happy to entertain.

3. The reason this has gotten so out of hand is because it was discussed in a public manner, with 2 sides of an arguement. It should of been kept in private in my opinion between DocQ and Achilles rather than posting it on the public forum for all to see as that will just cause problems due to many conflicting opinions. But for future anything like this arises please talk directly and be patient. :)

Sorry for an essay I've had my coffee and breakfast and currently bored at work. :D Also sorry for any spelling mistakes. I am still getting used to my new phone. :)

I have given feedback till i'm blue in the face as have many others with no results so we are frustrated and frustration can lead to anger ....we have an issue with more effort being paid to the fresco club and it's music while the other rooms are left with sub par cover songs to listen too  other than dj trena in the sin club and telling a person they need to stay in private rooms because they have no appreciation for music is a total slap in the face and unfounded ....if anything Doc has more appreciation for music than the staff of dj's combined but is attacked because he doesn't like one certain genre of music ....that genre being the one that most dj's on the staff play and like ....just wanting some balance and Doc has offered to help balance the field a little ...but it's turned into a battle of wills instead of working for a solution and trying to establish some common ground ....seems the stand has been taken if you don't like edm your the enemy .....

Guest SayaX

Well I've been following this thread with interest. All I can add is, I'm very grateful for all who go above and beyond the call of duty to make our virtual world a more enjoyable place to frequent: Achilles for spending time and money to provide a platform for the live DJs, also to all the live DJs - 'official' and 'unofficial' - for the time, effort and money invested in providing their music and talent for us to enjoy, and to those people who turn their rooms into extra venues beyond the six provided by the game itself.

My take on all this? The devs seem quite happy to ride on the back of the efforts of their clients who provide something they should really cater for themselves. It would be a smaller less ambient world without this group of people who give more than they take. To all of you, thanks :)

I couldn't have put it better myself. I think we can all agree that all the DJs and people who give to the community like dance moves and clothing and people in general who go above and beyond should be applauded. This place wouldn't be the same without that community. It is also good to have healthy debates and I appreciate Achillies and AshBash for being proactive in replying to concerns.

*quietly drops off a strange looking package that  turns out to be a tune with a note*

(The note reads)

"Dear friends,

Both sides have made some valid points, and I feel everyone has said their piece, and made their position known by now.

It has been stated that the DJ application process is closed, and the system will be going through an overhaul, which should help with a lot of the problems mentioned in here.

The only real meaningful progress to be made at this point will be made in PMs between the two originally involved in the dispute.

For the rest of us, the best thing to do is simply absorb the moral (forbearance), and hope that this will all get resolved in PMs, in a civilized manner.

I have selected a flavor of downtempo that is known for washing away any trace of residual animosity. Let's all take a deep breath and relax to the soothing groove.

-Mr. Hits"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWhIpYfapQ8

I would never attack anyone, DJ or not, in public.  If I have an issue with ANYONE, I take it to private.  That is something between him/her and myself.

If anyone in this thread, or this entire game has felt attacked by me personally, I do apologize for that, but I don't apologize for my opinions on music because I base it on facts that I have experienced and talked with other musicians about. irl i am in a local band, I do play multiple instruments, I have written songs before, and I also DJ.  Does that make me an expert, no, but I think it does give me a right to have an opinion knowing that I don't just bring it up without something to back it up.

Achillies, I do applaud you for using your own money on things, and I do want to thank you for that.  Not many people would.  Music is an important part of this game, it would be very boring without it.

Oh DocQ it seems I misunderstood you all the time or? :huh:

Nope, I don't think...

Because you got the info about the optional and individual service in my first and second reply and you was still very impatient. With your first topic like this you was very rude and abused the Community Rules and you did abuse already a lot of my time include with this topic.

This all was never needed with a bit patience and understanding.

Also shows me a lot screenshots about your special user room partys your respectful behaviour to me and other DJ's but I think you don't want of me to share your public opinion about me and other DJ's or?

No no I understand you all the time correct :)

A very smart Member of this Community wrote on day the Topic: THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU WRITE ANYTHING

Trust me it's a view worth :)

hey i had no idea he was paying his own money for this stuff ....sorry i had to sleep and goto work .... im sorry for that i really am ... but maybe if you do something that makes everyone happy and see it as been fair this wouldnt happen ... like for example 3 ppl with a vote each on weather someone gets the nod for an example

ok this EDM and anti EDM isnt really the issue here ... lets look at it this way

in 3dx you have a broad spectrum of ppl and age groups ... now if the djs played a variety of different music like the good ones do in some clubs and bars ... then this would be put to bed ....... its when they do a full set of the same kind of music that different ppl get a bit antsy .. then they get bored and leave ...

and lets face it in a way thats how 3dx is set up in a way

music type isnt the issue at least for me its more a case of do sets with variety in the playists .... i remeber the 1st gig ash ever did and everyone loved it ... why ??? because it had variety of music

this is all were asking for ..

The edm dj's look in fear commander Achilles what are these things falling out of the sky with strings on them ....they must be some kind of secret weapons....

*facepalm* 

THIS is another perfect example of the problem :)

I hope you dont send email or texts to anyone, because If you aren't mailing letters written with pen and paper, they aren't real. (That's using your logic btw)

Also, why are you here? Shouldn't you be playing board games instead? None of this is real! Death to the machines!  *Cue Twilight Zone music*  :P

.if anything Doc has more appreciation for music than the staff of dj's combined but is attacked because he doesn't like one certain genre of music

*Facepalm* 

It's as if you don't read anything that others post. I give up! Enjoy your anti-edm parties with the 4 others that show up for it. I wish you the best:)

I think that what 3dxChat offers as far as music streaming by the users is amazing. I personally don't know of any other games that do this. It's really cool and so fun. I enjoy streaming music to my friends.

I think what Achilles does to help make this possible is really awesome and should be commended. I do not understand the public DJ selection process, but I can see why it would be left up to Achilles if he is the primary one paying for this to be possible. It doesn't seem fair to have one person decide who gets to be a public DJ and who doesn't, but if he is the one paying for it? I don't know. I look forward to hearing about the new plan for a selection process in which the community will take part. Sounds interesting for sure.

I agree with Twiggy that 3dxChat / SexGameDevil or whoever is profiting off this game should definitely be reimbursing Achilles at the very least because a lot of us enjoy the music streaming / parties / dancing to streams more than the sex part of the game. I also think the dancing part of the game should be developed more / expanded greatly. 

I agree with pretty much everything Jess has said. I too enjoy rock and electronic music both. I think it's a touchy subject because anyone who has been a fan of electronic music through the years has been shot down and told that their taste in music is crap and that electronic isn't real music. When you bring that back up, people get defensive because they have heard it before. I know that I personally find the Anti-EDM thing to be more than annoying. I do take offense to it.

If I made a room called Anti-Rock or RockMusicSucks, wouldn't you solely rock music fans take offense? I wouldn't do that, obviously, because I too like rock music, but do you not understand why Anti-EDM is not cool? I have learned over the years... it is better so say that you don't care for a type of music than it is to say that you hate a certain genre or that it sucks. Sure, you are free to say it, but you WILL offend some people. That is the repercussion. Just as you are free to say whatever you want, others are free to change their opinion of you based on what you say.

And thank you Chaostika and Nymphpott for making me laugh. You two win this thread for sure.

I think that what 3dxChat offers as far as music streaming by the users is amazing. I personally don't know of any other games that do this. It's really cool and so fun. I enjoy streaming music to my friends.

I think what Achilles does to help make this possible is really awesome and should be commended. I do not understand the public DJ selection process, but I can see why it would be left up to Achilles if he is the primary one paying for this to be possible. It doesn't seem fair to have one person decide who gets to be a public DJ and who doesn't, but if he is the one paying for it? I don't know. I look forward to hearing about the new plan for a selection process in which the community will take part. Sounds interesting for sure.

I agree with Twiggy that 3dxChat / SexGameDevil or whoever is profiting off this game should definitely be reimbursing Achilles at the very least because a lot of us enjoy the music streaming / parties / dancing to streams more than the sex part of the game. I also think the dancing part of the game should be developed more / expanded greatly. 

I agree with pretty much everything Jess has said. I too enjoy rock and electronic music both. I think it's a touchy subject because anyone who has been a fan of electronic music through the years has been shot down and told that their taste in music is crap and isn't real music. When you bring that back up, people get defensive because they have heard it before. I know that I personally find the Anti-EDM thing to be more than annoying. I do take offense to it.

If I made a room called Anti-Rock or RockMusicSucks, wouldn't you solely rock music fans take offense? I wouldn't do that, obviously, because I too like rock music, but do you not understand why Anti-EDM is not cool? I have learned over the years... it is better so say that you don't care for a type of music than it is to say that you hate a certain genre or that it sucks. Sure, you are free to say it, but you WILL offend some people. That is the repercussion. Just as you are free to say whatever you want, others are free to change their opinion of you based on what you say.

And thank you Chaostika and Nymphpott for making me laugh. You two win this thread for sure.

The main issue is Doc goes against the establishment and that seems to be a no no ...if your not with them on every aspect your against them on every aspect ....all that's wanted is some balance which no matter what anyone tells you is not there ....

Guest KittyCatMeow

All I know is doc is one of my long time friends and even if he was a strainger to me I woul love to see that man get just a chance. He derserves it, everyone deserves a chance to be heard in any situation. And doc has something to offer that no one else does. Even though every dj that we have is great in there own way. I love love to see doc get that chance that he deserves. That's all he's asking for.

The main issue is Doc goes against the establishment and that seems to be a no no ...if your not with them on every aspect your against them on every aspect ....all that's wanted is some balance which no matter what anyone tells you is not there ....

The main issue here, is that like JessicaX just said previously, you don't bother reading what anyone is saying, and read only your own posts, the ones you defend, or what suits you, without seeing the bigger picture.

However much you cry out loud that only EDM lovers are cattered for, its not true. There are other genre DJ's, that I've seen myself in game. Just because your aren't on when they are, doesn't nullify their presence. I understand that our own world is what matters to each of us, but we are only a percent, if not less of a bigger picture. 3DX doesn't stop when we log off, and starts back up when we log back in. 3DXLife continues when we aren't there too.

Or in the rock genre, there is only one DJ worth listening to (as per your own words). Which, besides being insulting, still doesn't validate anything you are saying as your facts are wrong, there are not only EDM DJ's ! .

At this point, I feel like you are only enjoying keeping the argument alive for the sake of arguing, especially after being told that a new, community involved selection process was coming up, and using the only argument you have in your hands, this EDM talk that actually has no ground to stand on, since your facts are wrong.

Why keep the flame going, before giving a try to the new system ?

Guest SherryJ

First and foremost I enjoy music.

If anyone is playing and taking request, they play what I request.(thanks for that btw!) Myself I like most genres of music. I might not like some as well as I do others, but the point I am trying to make is; if their has been an issue with the music at any time all I had to do was send a message in the forum to Ash and it was fixed. I don't understand how DJ's are chosen and none of that makes much sense to me as I'm not a DJ! We each have an opinion and it's seems that we all get to voice our opinions, (free speech and all), we also have the option to listen to what is being played in public or turn the sound down and stream our own mix. I love going to public and private rooms and listening to a variety of different tunes... that being said there seems to be a forward movement to this issue and I'm glad of it personally, because I truly hate seeing good people bash one another to death over music! 

If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.

~ Shakespeare's  -Twelfth Night act one~

"Make Love not War!"

Doc chose to air this out publicly which wasn't needed as everyone has to go through the process. I am a reggae/hip hop/ house/ R&B style DJ. I had a chance and it was not instantaneous. I had to prove myself and go through the process to DJ publicly. Since I am inactive, I would expect to have to go through the same process, well now, new process.

There is no such thing as the Illuminati in 3DX :P