3DXChat Community

3dx Update

hotmaya

4 minutes ago, Lunarelf said:

Those glitches actually what we have choose a year ago eh...? New content>bug fixes>stability

If every non-debugged large content update costs half year and Fully debugged costs almost a whole year or just a little things for several months, I guess it's better to stay glitchy but comes up with new things and wait for the fixing patch. Although 6 months is a little too long...... but male avi got their socks, and we all got a lot of burgers! : D

I just don't understand this mentality: Let me pay for a broken game that breaks even more with the new release as long as i get my hands on the shiny.

honestly, the release of this version smacks at desperation. they realised they have no capacity to fix the things they broke, and just thought sod it, let's see if they can stomach a half-assed release.

And lo, they could.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 1:14 AM, Xizi said:

And what do they have aside of character editor? They announced their game about a year ago and now after a year of development all they have a character editor? It does not even have clothes still. And its so terribly optimized that having only one 3d model under the lights puts my 3060 to the 100% load. Yeah, 3060 is a budget card but imagine what's going to happen if there will be not a one avi - but 50 in the club full of lights. What kind of GPU you'll need to run it smoothly? 4090? 

You peeps are getting impressed way too easily. It's a 2023, technically impressive graphics now is not something available to make only by highly professional developers, everyone who learned basics of working with UE5 can make something cool looking using it. But there a big difference between having an actual game with some optimisation, stability and content and just have a pretty graphics and nice customization.  

Even if this game is not some failed project or scam to get money from early access - it will be at least couple of years before its in properly playable state with decent amount of content, but considering that they working on it for already and year and has only character editor - probably it will take more. 

I'm still very sure, that this is only a scam. I was really excited and even funded that project so I could test the Alpha 1, but nothing yet. They wanted to release the Alpha in October but because of health issues (if true, then I hope for a speedy recovery and all the best) it gets delayed again. They say it will definitely be released in December but honestly, I doubt it.

But it proves one point, I always tried to get across when people blamed 3dx for slow development, which is partly true.

Developing a good stable game is more than many think. Its a really difficult process and this applies also on 3dx. But still... no Poses with the new update, which is 1 month ago already, is not a good sign in my book. But I am actually happy with the state of 3dx. There is only one major bug which is being stuck and unable to move when you had your fun and your partner leaves.

2 hours ago, Loruna said:

There is only one major bug which is being stuck and unable to move when you had your fun and your partner leaves.

Bug that I personally hate the most is when instead of avis I am seeing naked bald people. Or other people seeing me this way. It's not the end of the world of course, and restarting the game fixes it and does not take long, but... It just happens way too often. And is not getting a fix for many years. Very irritating. 

1 hour ago, Xizi said:

Bug that I personally hate the most is when instead of avis I am seeing naked bald people. Or other people seeing me this way. It's not the end of the world of course, and restarting the game fixes it and does not take long, but... It just happens way too often. And is not getting a fix for many years. Very irritating. 

Well, that is an issue with the server. The game itself is not the issue there or not the main issue. Its the same issue as with the "walking against stairs/walls on other screens"-bug. Those are desync and loading issues and every online game has it. For example in WoW I see that every day. Just depends on how good those servers are and I doubt many good server provider would want to host a 3d Sex Game as this is still a controversal thing to do... Never understood why that is the case tho.

14 minutes ago, Loruna said:

Well, that is an issue with the server. The game itself is not the issue there or not the main issue. Its the same issue as with the "walking against stairs/walls on other screens"-bug. Those are desync and loading issues and every online game has it. For example in WoW I see that every day. Just depends on how good those servers are and I doubt many good server provider would want to host a 3d Sex Game as this is still a controversal thing to do... Never understood why that is the case tho.

This is not true because that can be a part of the game as well and a part of gamedev mistakes in their netcode. I never had problem in Overwatch(for example) because they have a good netcode. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netcode

45 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

This is not true because that can be a part of the game as well and a part of gamedev mistakes in their netcode. I never had problem in Overwatch(for example) because they have a good netcode. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netcode

Because Overwatch only connects 12 people at most and they are mostly on the same area. Its easy to have them sync (which they still not are, but you barely can notice the desync). But when you have many people connecting arround the world on one and the same server, you always have desync issues. Everyone experienced it in 3dx already. You have way less desync issues in a less populated room. Just remember how the 3dx Partys with 300+ people were desyncing. 

P.S.: I also said, its not only the games issue which means, it also can be the game of course as you say with the netcode. But usually its mainly a server issue in my experience. Sure, if the netcode is shit, even the best server will not help. But the other way arround as well. With a bad server, the best netcode will also not help.

Edited by Loruna

49 minutes ago, Loruna said:

I never played WoW, but I played many other MMORPGs and such a behavior definitely not a common thing. Yeah, i have seen some desync here and there in other MMO games too - but never as much as I see it in 3dxchat. Every week, sometimes even every day I am getting these naked bald people and only game restart helps. I never played any MMORPG that would have such a big problems with it. So yeah, I don't think if its correct to call it "bug" or not, but it's definitely a 3dxchat's problem. Maybe bad servers. Maybe bad netcode. I dunno. But I know that it's irritating as hell and it's not a normal thing (at least as often/much as it happens in 3dxchat).

26 minutes ago, Xizi said:

I never played WoW, but I played many other MMORPGs and such a behavior definitely not a common thing. Yeah, i have seen some desync here and there in other MMO games too - but never as much as I see it in 3dxchat. Every week, sometimes even every day I am getting these naked bald people and only game restart helps. I never played any MMORPG that would have such a big problems with it. So yeah, I don't think if its correct to call it "bug" or not, but it's definitely a 3dxchat's problem. Maybe bad servers. Maybe bad netcode. I dunno. But I know that it's irritating as hell and it's not a normal thing (at least as often/much as it happens in 3dxchat).

Ohh its definitely an issue of 3dxChat. The thing is, many people would never really see it in MMOs. For example in WoW you can see it with pets. When you run, your pet is directly next to you. But on other screens that pet is a few steps ahead of you. That is caused by the desync. The pet is controlled by the server so it has always the right position, but the player is a bit desynced. Its barely noticeable. 

But for sure its an issue, I wont deny that. It can be fixxed, no question

On 9/5/2023 at 10:26 AM, Gizmo said:

I warn everyone that any attempt to insult my team will be punished. I reserve the right to defend the entire 3DXChat team and take action against any account here. I ask everyone to respect the hard work of others. I appeal to all those who allow themselves to make insulting statements about the development team. No one is forcing you to play our game. You came here yourself, so be polite or leave.

I could not have said that better myself! Thank you Gizmo!

On 9/7/2023 at 1:07 PM, sams said:

listen2myradio

... through traktor pro

... which streams only in .ogg

... and broadcasts only on icecast.

I'll repeat, there is absolutely nothing different about my setup from what i was using in the old version.

Given icecast seems to work for others, I can only reason that they've broken the .ogg codec. 

Nothing changed in my setup as well and I have never had any issue what so ever.

3 hours ago, Xizi said:

It has been a problem in Second Life for years and years.

3 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

naked bald people?

Walking into walls and freezing at times. Another thing also when you cross regions, especially flying. It has been that way for as long as I have played it, and I have been playing for like 11 or 12 years now. Sometimes when people land in Second life they are in a jumbled up mess at first and then poof they are normal.

Just to name a few.

19 minutes ago, SerenityWillow said:

Walking into walls and freezing at times. Another thing also when you cross regions, especially flying. It has been that way for as long as I have played it, and I have been playing for like 11 or 12 years now. Sometimes when people land in Second life they are in a jumbled up mess at first and then poof they are normal.

Just to name a few.

Ah yeah 😀 they are rezzing. SL is a laggy thing and their engine is really old. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...