3DXChat Community

3DXChat Yelp-like Feature

Averee

This will be controversial, but worth thinking about.  What if there was a 3DX Yelp-like feature so that players could rate and review their experiences with other players.  The goal would not be to punish under-performing players, but a mechanism to enable players to better understand what other players like and don't like about them.  Obviously, would want nothing anonymous, and there would certainly be drama - but among some players the game is already packed with day-to-day drama.  I envision at the bottom of a players profile there would be an average rating and a timeline so that could see if a player is getting better over time, and a chance to read reviews from other players.  This already kinda happens with the gifts.  PLEASE don't burn me alive for making the suggestion.  Just an idea that I thought could generate useful discussion.

2 hours ago, Averee said:

and there would certainly be drama - but among some players the game is already packed with day-to-day drama. 

So... if the game already has quite a lot of drama... then it will not hurt to add even more of it?

Tbh I don't see how the advantages of this feature can outweigh the additional toxicity and drama it will definitely bring. 

I personally strongly against it.  

This is just more drama and toxicity and immaturity waiting to happen, honestly.

Immediately people will abuse the system and write horrible reviews just because someone didn't want to meet up with them, or have sex with them, etc. They will talk shit about people they are jealous of, they will lie and spread rumors that way. The majority of people in 3DX cannot and should not be trusted with something like that, lol.

Best way to judge a person's character is to either talk to them, ask their friends, or look at their gifts. 

9 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

You can't rate people like movies, books or vacuum cleaners...

Sadly, in some services you actually can.

In China they even have goverment-driven social rating.

I just wish 3dxchat is not going share this vicious and straight up dehuminizing practice. 

Edited by Xizi

No one likes the idea of a 3DX Yelp-like feature, which is cool with me cause I did not expect any one would.  But, from my discussions, here are a couple of interesting insights.  One person told me the story about how they had a group of players they thought were friends who appreciated their sarcasm.  However, one of them confronted them and explained that the people whom they thought were friends thought they were obnoxious and merely tolerated them.  This person said this prompted them to change their behavior and it was eye-opening how people started to treat them differently, and this transferred over to RL, as well.

The other was a suggestion that a Yelp-like feature would be better applied with rooms, since there is a huge disparity between rooms that people put a lot of work into developing and creating a great experience, and others that people throw up on a whim, and new players in particular, don't appreciate the difference witht he currently room listing.

Thank you all for your comments.

1 hour ago, Averee said:

No one likes the idea of a 3DX Yelp-like feature, which is cool with me cause I did not expect any one would.  But, from my discussions, here are a couple of interesting insights.  One person told me the story about how they had a group of players they thought were friends who appreciated their sarcasm.  However, one of them confronted them and explained that the people whom they thought were friends thought they were obnoxious and merely tolerated them.  This person said this prompted them to change their behavior and it was eye-opening how people started to treat them differently, and this transferred over to RL, as well.

The other was a suggestion that a Yelp-like feature would be better applied with rooms, since there is a huge disparity between rooms that people put a lot of work into developing and creating a great experience, and others that people throw up on a whim, and new players in particular, don't appreciate the difference witht he currently room listing.

Thank you all for your comments.

Some multi accounts trolls would ruin a reputation in few times :)