3DXChat Community

Can we have a rule to prevent talking about politics in world chat?

Leathium

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I would be all for the removal of World Chat too. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've had calm, civil, interesting/funny conversations in WC that haven't spiraled into hate-filled rants within a few minutes. I genuinely feel like the presence of World Chat diminishes the user's experience of the game. Local Chat is almost always chill and fun, but there are some people who just stay in WC and use it specifically to argue and talk shit, and it's just gross. I think especially for new players, it makes them think that everyone in the game is gonna be like that, and makes them reluctant to reach out and meet new people sometimes.

Just get rid of it altogether. The dweebs that waste all their time arguing in it can open their own room and attack each other all they want, where none of us have to see it, lol.

8 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

So true!

But on the other hand: let these toxic people smash their heads in WC. If it would be gone, they would invade the LCs 😜

While that is true, due to the way Local Chat is separated, removing WC would rob the main World Chat ‘personalities’ of their platform. 
If they ‘invade’ some Room to spout their nonsense, the room host can kick them.

Not to mention that the sheer number of rooms will make it less likely for any given player to encounter one of these ‘personalities’. 

Still, it’s over complicating it.

Just a simple Opt Out of WC would work wonders. 

2 hours ago, Derai said:

Just a simple Opt Out of WC would work wonders. 

With WC Opt'ed Out this could leave an empty Chat Box... and I don't know if the game is ready for this (all is programmable, of course). With WC there is always at least one tab in the Chat Box.

I disabled WC notifications and I minimize the Chat Box whenever I don't need to chat (when I'm building or alone at my place). If someone tries to chat me I will hear the notification.

Btw, I assume most of the WC hardcore users are in other rooms while chatting at WC. But at least they are distracted 😉

1 hour ago, CatKatW said:

I disabled WC notifications and I minimize the Chat Box whenever I don't need to chat (when I'm building or alone at my place). If someone tries to chat me I will hear the notification.

Yeah that’s what most do. 

Would just be a little quality of life thing if I could be spared of having to see the nonsense in WC whenever I close a tab or leave a room. Or when I log in. 

In the grand scope of things it’s minor, but just like having a grain of sand in your shoe, minor things can annoy.