3DXChat Community

Pandora Review

Gizmo

If someone thinks that we will do nothing with this situation, then they are very wrong ;)

That is helpful to know. The answer given as the solution came across to me as suggesting that nothing is going to be done, an "oh well" type of attitude. If you will, it would be nice to have an update when possible. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that since the availability of Pandora was made public some good things have come from it.

Straight off 2 characters that were fairly constant in World Chat causing problems vanished.

I have not heard so much of people invading parties with alts just to create problems for the organisers.

There is a post in here where someone opened a room stating it was for lesbians and bis only and had no trouble, likely would have if the knowledge wasn't there that alts can be found out.

I think the proof is there, people create alts and cause problems for others when they know they can't be held accountable for it.

If there is some way they can be held accountable with their main avi then many of them don't do it.

I know some will still pay for a second account and still do the same crap, but being able to find the owner of an alt seems to stop quite a lot of it.

Gizmo has said he plans to do something about Pandora.

An easy way to stop Pandora is to offer what most people would want to use Pandora for, to find out who is behind an alt.

If the devs were to add a feature where we can get that info through the game, then I can't see anyone going to Pandora.

My suggestion, add a feature where for say 10k gold, we can get the names of the other avis on an account.

I am worried that the devs answer to the problem will be to take away things that have been good for the game.

The total ignore for instance, or to just stop dll changes all together and we loose our added room options.

I know some will not like the idea, finding out who is who so easily will take from some peoples games.

But what are they really loosing and what do we really gain.

do you really think those playing on multiple account don't have a vpn to hide behind a fake ip address? Come on, what do you think it will gonna happen if adms starting to show that kind of info through the game. I'm sure those doing this crap as you said ,they already settled up they're account mainly for this reason ,just in case of complaints or what other fucking issues reason with other player in game...just my opinion and thought after what i heard about how 3dx manage to keep confidentiality and safety here.

Thank you Gizmo to inform about Pandora but how we know where is the limit of data they can scan?

I know some members have a hack which can show them friend list of others, ID member, etc..

Ok Pandora can get only online info, but when we write a private message, we do it online, no? When we request someone to Partner, we do it online, no? this is not privacy you think?

So please, how you can be sure they can't get these private info?

Thank you

I know some members have a hack which can show them friend list of others, ID member, etc..

Really? I would love to see a screen shot of that, so I know it is true.  You can do any one of my three avis if you want.

But without a screen shot, I have a hard time believing that one.

Really? I would love to see a screen shot of that, so I know it is true.  You can do any one of my three avis if you want.

But without a screen shot, I have a hard time believing that one.

And you? Can you give us proof that it is impossible?

Maybe it is more easy for you to not beleive what I am saying but knows it is the true. I am a member concerned by this and I pay for playing here. I play enough here to note the reality of the game. I am not the first who complaint about what I say but 3DXchat team don't care and just say it is not possible with any investigation...

So I asked to 3DXchat Team to prove to us that our privacy is protected. Not to me to give proof... For example I already give proof to 3DXchat team that a psychopath player harrass me and insult me in the game but they never banned him, and also never answered to my e-mail when I ask them why he is not banned. So why give proof to 3DXTeam if they do what suit them?

Best regards^^

And you? Can you give us proof that it is impossible?

This is horse bollocks. 

I did not claim it was impossible, I said that I would not believe it without seeing proof.

And, since you can't or won't produce proof, it would seem that you are just spreading rumors. Which is fine. No one has to believe you. Least of all me.

This is horse bollocks. 

I did not claim it was impossible, I said that I would not believe it without seeing proof.

And, since you can't or won't produce proof, it would seem that you are just spreading rumors. Which is fine. No one has to believe you. Least of all me.

LOL

Are you from 3DXchat team? Do you accuse me to spreading rumors?? Is it forbiden to ask proof that our privacy is protected? Why you try to change the way of my post? ^^

This is horse bollocks. 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/3385-help-somone-hacked-my-friendlist/

Well, explain how people can get proof? No proof, so it is just rumors?

It's not possible to read other people's PMs, the server only sends those to their intended receivers, so in order to do that one would have to hack the game server and intercept messages there.

It's very unlikely there is a way to read a person's friend/ignore list without knowing their login password either. Probably authentication wasn't needed in earlier versions, but it is certainly required now.

Keep in mind though that when you share a game log (in case of a bug report or something), the list of your chars, your friend and ignore lists are also there, so if you just post the logs on the forum, anyone can read those.

Well, explain how people can get proof? No proof, so it is just rumors?

I told you how already. Pick any one of my three characters and tell me what the FL is. You can post it here on the forum if you want.

And please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that there is no need to be aware of security issues.

I am simply saying that much of the information that is presented in this forum is mistaken. Sometimes it is an honest mistake and sometimes a not-so-honest mistake.  So if you are going to speculate that there is a way to read other people's FL, then you should be prepared to back up that claim with evidence. 

It's not possible to read other people's PMs, the server only sends those to their intended receivers, so in order to do that one would have to hack the game server and intercept messages there.

It's very unlikely there is a way to read a person's friend/ignore list without knowing their login password either. Probably authentication wasn't needed in earlier versions, but it is certainly required now.

Keep in mind though that when you share a game log (in case of a bug report or something), the list of your chars, your friend and ignore lists are also there, so if you just post the logs on the forum, anyone can read those.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your constructive answer.

About FL, It was in older version I got that some people can access to it, so nice if they can't in new version (at this time, in current version, I never catch that some player can read FL of others). But what about actions? (slowdance, partner, Home invitation, etc.). Also how Pandora can get deleted characters?

About hack of the server game, is it impossibe that happen? Do some players of the game can see IP adress of this server and have to send files to it also? (I think about all DJ who play music in public maps for example).

I told you how already. Pick any one of my three characters and tell me what the FL is. You can post it here on the forum if you want.

And please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that there is no need to be aware of security issues.

I am simply saying that much of the information that is presented in this forum is mistaken. Sometimes it is an honest mistake and sometimes a not-so-honest mistake.  So if you are going to speculate that there is a way to read other people's FL, then you should be prepared to back up that claim with evidence. 

For your information, knows that I have no interest to write something in forum that I am not sure. If I am not sure, I ask or shut up, If I am sure, I say.

Knows that I have a brain^^

Only you speculate that what I say is wrong.

Best regards

Well someone should file a claim: Violation of privacy, hacking. It might be surely fun to watch the reactions. They are lot of rumors here. I have been playing since a year now...and I never met anyone with this kind of issues. I have met victims of "rape", found the rapper and shove them in my ignore list. About the rest: nothing.

had someone in wc say people were starting viruses in 3dx. said that if more then 8 people said a word at the same time the virus would get everyone currently logged in. i really wish i knew where these people come up with this shit

Can't say anything about viruses (lol), but the game needs to know the list of currently online users at any given time, so it's quite easy to get this info. Though what harm can be done by knowing if you're online or not? O_o

About FL, It was in older version I got that some people can access to it, so nice if they can't in new version (at this time, in current version, I never catch that some player can read FL of others). But what about actions? (slowdance, partner, Home invitation, etc.). Also how Pandora can get deleted characters?

About hack of the server game, is it impossibe that happen? Do some players of the game can see IP adress of this server and have to send files to it also? (I think about all DJ who play music in public maps for example).

The earliest version of the game I have is 335 and it requires your password to get the friend/ignore list. Can't say what was or was not possible before that version.

I think I wrote about actions in detail here on the forums already somewhere. Some of them require confirmation or need to be executed in the correct sequence by both participants to work, but basically yes, you can send random commands to the server some of which can be executed (like make a random character walk somewhere and so on). 

The Pandora, I suppose, is just constantly monitoring the player's profiles and other info provided by the server, so it just tracks if a character or some other info has been deleted and marks it as that.

Hacking the 3dx server would be as hard (or easy?) as hacking any other server that is there on the net. It would certainly require the skills in the field. Also, it would be a subject for all kinds of legal pursuit %)

The server does not share user IPs with other clients, each client is connected to the server and only the server knows the IP. Radio streaming is a whole another matter though. It is not really a part of the game and just uses the BASS audio library to handle this stuff. So if you're streaming from your PC directly, every listener will of course have your IP. But if you're using some streaming server for that, the listeners will only get the streaming service IP.

Thank you to clarifying Alex.

About Pandora service, It doesnot seem unwholesome at this time ( maybe for unrespectful players it is :P ). So hope it will stay like this.

Maybe this service should be integrate directly in the game, like this all cheaters will have to create new account for staying hidden^^ (will increase money for 3DXchat lol).

​regards,

Why do you call people with multi avatar: cheaters? They can be useful por RP purpose...So I don't understand the point. You know all totalitarianism begins with the notion of purity blood, race, ideology, etc. I am always wondering when I read this kind of commentS. Well as you say in France; balayez devant votre porte before calling other cheaters. We all are cheaters for someone in the game.

Why do you call people with multi avatar: cheaters? They can be useful por RP purpose...So I don't understand the point. You know all totalitarianism begins with the notion of purity blood, race, ideology, etc. I am always wondering when I read this kind of commentS. Well as you say in France; balayez devant votre porte before calling other cheaters. We all are cheaters for someone in the game.

Hi MeiLing,

I don't say that all multi avatars are cheaters, I have one alt too and my main avi is black but i am white irl. I just say that some people use it for cheating and will not like Pandora service.

We have all right to have 3 different characters in this game and it is fine fine for me :)

Wish you a lot of fun RP dear :) 

I have noticed Gizmo has liked a post or 2 in this thread, so it looks like he is interested in what is said about Pandora.

He has also stated he will be doing something about Pandora.

My question is will there be any information given from him as to what he intends to do, or maybe some options given where we can vote on which option we feel to be the best. or will the decision just be made by a select few like it has in the past.

There has been several suggestions made in this thread on what can be done.

Encryption among other things have been suggested.

Encryption from what I understand would involve a lot of work and can also slow the game considerably.

History of the game has also shown the devs have been willing to take away the full account ignore to stop people from being able to use it to get information.

The full account ignore is how these people are able to get our user ids which enables them to find out the other avis on accounts.

They may decide to stop the ability to hack the dll file, and that is not as hard to do as some seem to suggest.

There are several ways the devs could go with this, some of which we loose out on things that pretty well all of us would not want to loose.

It also involves making decisions on what to do about the miss use of alts and how people should be able to use them, as that is the main reason Pandora is able to get people to use it.

History has also shown that things said in these forums accounts for very little in the decision making made by the devs.

The only thing that has seem to count are poles that have been held on different subjects.

Do I think we should be able to have a say in what gets done about this, you bet I do.

Do I think the people in here deserve a vote on what is done in this game, you bet I do.

And to be right up front in what I think, I think the devs need that help in making this decision, they need to present the different ideas they have and do a pole.