3DXChat Community

Pandora Review

Gizmo

It is very likely they will just do what they want to do, not even consider what we want, as history has shown.

That would not however show you to be correct, what they do and the response to what they do after it will show who to be correct.

Personally , Pandora don't scare me ( as long as they can't force me to have sex with a male avi ) . They can see my profile ? and what ? it's not secret . They can see my pic galery ? and what ? it's public too or i would not have a pic galery . They can check my alt ? I don't care , every of my friends know i have an alt that i use only when there is cosplay events lol .

Yes Leeloo, I am starting to tend to agree.

It is kind of pointless now the devs doing anything, what damage Pandora can do has or already been or is being done.

Even if the devs do something now to prevent Pandora from getting any new information it will still hold information from how ever long it has been going for.

So anyone that has done something in that time they are worried about being found out, that information will still be there.

So for those that have, sorry no hiding from it guys.

I to have nothing I am worried about that they can find, I was told no pictures are in mine so I don't have to worry about the only thing that concerned me.

What I have seen though is a lot of people are doing some pretty strange things, seem to be worried about being found out.

I have noticed a lot of people have vanished or are not venturing into the game and quite a few things where people have already been found out.

Those that have been found out and are now paying the price for doing what they use to sware to be innocent and just playing the game.

So in many ways Pandora has done some good, even though tensions are high at the moment in some cases.

As someone who I have always found very wise just told me, things may be tense and a little difficult at the moment, but what will eventually happen is it will all sort itself out and could make things a lot better.

I think people will think twice now before they choose to live double lives in the game or create alts to play mind games with people.

Anywa , i think that since the "ignore full account" option was made , the one who want to hide use more than one account instead of more than one avatar on an account . Pandora seem just a bit more precise than the ignore account option lol

No it's not. Because we have no privacy breach and no leak.

All the important private data regarding your orders is stored on the BMT Micro servers and it's impossible to get it. Also BMT Micro does not store credit cards info.

The goal of this topic is to keep you informed guys, and warn you to not use your private data on public profiles, pics and etc.

Of course we at the dev team are trying to find out the best way to improve our game. For example we can implement data encryption between game client and server, also track and block IPs of scanners, or even rework the whole game architecture by removing players tags and 'account wide' ignore option.

As well as search engine scanners. Google crawler for example. It grabs all public data on websites and index / store all captured info.

and yet i reported showed proof of an individual hacking my Avi, you guys did nothing. I showed him threatening, you guys did nothing not even a suspension. Made him head DJ instead. 

and yet i reported showed proof of an individual hacking my Avi, you guys did nothing. I showed him threatening, you guys did nothing not even a suspension. Made him head DJ instead. 

I don't think that this incident is Pandora related, but it's still serious and deserves to have a temp-ban respond if it really happened and you have proof of it.

• 1 month later...

This still falls under the community rules, especially since a few people who have access to this 'hack' are using it to bully other players.

It is still possible now in october 2017 to see other people accounts. This is unaacpetable froma privacy point of view. I play this game under assumption that also the privacy of my other accounts can not be seen or disclosed. The players using pandora to bully me are making me feel vulnerable and I think about stopping this game. The suggestion by Gizmo to take other accounts to avoid this is ridiculous. It will cost me triple money. I know 3DX wants us to pay more and more. But if 3DX provides in max 3 accounts for one subscription then 3DX should guarantee that those other 2 accounts can not be seen by others.  

• 2 weeks later...

It is still possible now in october 2017 to see other people accounts. This is unaacpetable froma privacy point of view. I play this game under assumption that also the privacy of my other accounts can not be seen or disclosed. The players using pandora to bully me are making me feel vulnerable and I think about stopping this game. The suggestion by Gizmo to take other accounts to avoid this is ridiculous. It will cost me triple money. I know 3DX wants us to pay more and more. But if 3DX provides in max 3 accounts for one subscription then 3DX should guarantee that those other 2 accounts can not be seen by others.

You don't get three accounts, you get three characters or avatars if you like that term more. This is a big difference. And the whole thing is pretty easy, you as a player has an unique ID for your account and this id is used for the ignore function. Otherwise you couldn't block a whole player from bullying you. So also without Pandora it is possible for some to find out your alts but sure it's a bit more complicated and require some basic investigation skills. Through this id Pandora is able to connect your alts together. But again, you don't pay for three separate accounts, just for three characters for roleplaying stuff.

I don't like the existence of Pandora too but cause of other reasons. Gifts and images should not be cached and searchable forever. Also gives Pandora other blocked players the ability to see your profile again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it is really a joke when you already have done something about account generator, which is obviously something that you don't like..... but you can't do anything for pandora?

come on guys and girls, people are not stupid as think. we all know that you pay for pandora, you pay for a hack tool. so you really can't do anything?

sorry but it sounds so fake to me. you mean that you can't follow the law against them? i don't think so.

• 3 weeks later...

That’s good bro. I’m legitimately happy for you. Take his shit with a grain of salt. My alts are riddle with cat fishing attempts on my friends cause I’m an asshole. I’m sure it could be used against me, but that’s on me to give a fuck.

Someone would have to actually give a crap about you Johnnie to look up your alts. Slim chance of that ever happening.

Aww you’re holding grudges. I actually liked what you said here, taking it to the admin.

I’m just here being honest you’re going around trolling and hiding who you are.

Wow, what a coincidence. I did the very same thing. :)

While I don’t doubt your honest feelings. I doubt things you’ve said about others in other threads because you hide yourself. It’s annoying when someone pops up everywhere and beats some dumb point into your head, isn’t it? Mine is the truth though.

• 2 months later...

I wonder if they will do something about this when they are redoing the server I am sure there are things they can do even simple things like rotating or changing the account ID's ever so often for example that will make it less reliable.

In my opinion, the worst effect of this was something I witnessed in Sin Club a few months ago.  A new female player happened to have chosen a name that used to be an alt of another player who was male but played a female alt.  He had previously deleted his alt, which freed up the name, and she had unknowingly taken it.  She showed up in Sin Club, mentioned that she was new, and a few people immediately jumped all over her about it.  It got really vindictive and ugly.  Links to Pandora pages that showed this name as an alt of another character were bandied about to "prove" that she wasn't who she said she was.  

However, she WAS a new player completely unrelated to this other guy.  The next night the guy was on at the same time as her and said he had deleted that alt.  It was a terrible "welcome to 3dxchat" experience for her.  

I'm not sure that the "alt police" cure isn't worse than the disease.

Tlaera

In my opinion, the worst effect of this was something I witnessed in Sin Club a few months ago.  A new female player happened to have chosen a name that used to be an alt of another player who was male but played a female alt.  He had previously deleted his alt, which freed up the name, and she had unknowingly taken it.  She showed up in Sin Club, mentioned that she was new, and a few people immediately jumped all over her about it.  It got really vindictive and ugly.  Links to Pandora pages that showed this name as an alt of another character were bandied about to "prove" that she wasn't who she said she was.  

However, she WAS a new player completely unrelated to this other guy.  The next night the guy was on at the same time as her and said he had deleted that alt.  It was a terrible "welcome to 3dxchat" experience for her.  

I'm not sure that the "alt police" cure isn't worse than the disease.

Tlaera

That is the fucken problem, if we start the shit of accusing people who are not doing anything wrong then we ourselves become the bullies we claim to hate. Unless they are starting shit, do not become the fucken bullies we claim we hate. As for the Pandora Program, double edge sword. You can find the alts but you break the trust of your friends if you use it on them. I have an asshole that constantly claims i am using alts, when he uses them constantly and females to boots (so much for honesty), the Pandora Program works great against him. The rest, I rather wait for them to let me know if they choose, it is their game, no one can truly force people to do things they don't want to do anyone who claims otherwise is just bullshitting...

Hey Rob.  Yeah, I'd prefer we wait for people to do something wrong before we attack them.  (And, even then, maybe ignoring is better than attacking.)  Even if this person HAD been the alt people were accusing her of being, what if he was trying to turn over a new leaf and mend his ways?  The really bad ones show their colors quickly enough.  We don't need preemptive strikes against them.

I recognize that some people use alts for mal intent.  And I recognize that some people have really hurt others through the use of alts.  But I went to bed that night feeling terrible for not doing enough to stand up for her.  And the club was far from the enjoyable place it usually is, which had a negative effect on everyone there (at least those of us on Local).  And this poor, innocent woman was outright verbally abused.  I suspect that the total negative the original owner of the name had committed was less than the amount generated on that one night by people trying to "protect" us from him.

Tlaera

Pandora has its name for a reason - but it is the use people make of the information that is the problem. It's exsistence is a sign of a lack of trust between users in game. The people who misuse it have helped brign this about, yeah? The assumtion that a person is basically OK until proved otherwise seems to have gone awol. I, for one, would like this vibe to reappear.

One way of snookering Pandora all together, OMG this is going to sound geeky, would be for a user ID to be negotiated at log in time from a pool of available ID's. Isn't that a bit like how IP addresses are negotiated?

It still amuses me that my alt is called Pandora, particularly as she was created long before the web-site. She doesn't venture out often :-)