3DXChat Community

Room Thief Shaming

Keely Kat

Not sure how I feel about the idea of 10K to open a room. That amount is definitely too much but possibly some fee to open a room? I think the main problem with this idea would be ... what about the people that are just opening their homes for their family and friends? They arent having any type of gathering other than getting together in the same room with people they want to spend time with. 

I think you could still open it for your friends just invite to your place. That way you KNOW who is there and should feel secure that no one you invited will steal your room.

Here is the one question I'd love to see people answer. Do you know who is or isn't doing it? Can you prove how they did it? Can these measures be put into place to help prevent it in the future? Remember, there is more than one way to do things.

I will say this about the thread. That's not going to happen and will cause more issues than needed.

Having a thread to show off rooms that one builds isn't a bad idea but as it's been stated, there is no way to know if that person actually created the room is someone else actually did it and didn't post. I know I've not posted mine but I do have screenshots but also I have certain things on how I save them so it's easy to know what and when I've done it as it showed the Date Created in my Windows Explorer so that will help as well. I always save a hard copy with one name then an slight change with another name and open that room.

I work on this and my room has a digital signature which is hard to remove for a lazy room thief.

Oh by the way.. I wish all who actually did downloaded a copy of my stolen room a lot of fun with it ^^

I work on this and my room has a digital signature which is hard to remove for a lazy room thief.

Oh by the way.. I wish all who actually did downloaded a copy of my stolen room a lot of fun with it ^^

Actually this is a pretty good point.

People are pissed because if someone using their room states it's their own creation or they are pissed because people are using a room at all.

See I agree with the first thing. People should give credit to those that built the place. I have four rooms I have got from friends and I never told anyone that it was built by me. If my guests comment the place I simply tell them who made it or if I don't know I tell them where it is from and I did not make it. Of course it would be silly to lie because everyone that knows me knows that I don't build anything in 3DXChat. Just simply not enough time because of RL.

If people are angry because others simply get access to their creations in 3DChat well then it again puts us back to Gizmo's clear statement that confirms that 3DXChat is a sex game with a World Editor bonus and not a World Creating game with sex bonus. All saved rooms are available to anyone to use.

Actually this is a pretty good point.

People are pissed because if someone using their room states it's their own creation or they are pissed because people are using a room at all.

See I agree with the first thing. People should give credit to those that built the place. I have four rooms I have got from friends and I never told anyone that it was built by me. If my guests comment the place I simply tell them who made it or if I don't know I tell them where it is from and I did not make it. Of course it would be silly to lie because everyone that knows me knows that I don't build anything in 3DXChat. Just simply not enough time because of RL.

If people are angry because others simply get access to their creations in 3DChat well then it again puts us back to Gizmo's clear statement that confirms that 3DXChat is a sex game with a World Editor bonus and not a World Creating game with sex bonus. All saved rooms are available to anyone to use.

It's even more easy... Respect what a builder want. If he don't want to share the room you have to respect that. Nothing more to say.

It's even more easy... Respect what a builder want. If he don't want to share the room you have to respect that. Nothing more to say.

No. The system is not designed to support that. All content is available on 3DXChat. The only information you have saved is secure is your RL information through a third party service that deals with the payment info. It's just a matter of time before a Builders Pandora shows up with the complete database of every saved building. You can't stop access to rooms - or anything saved - on this platform and that is a fact everyone must accept or move on.

I can just repeat myself. If I was Gizmo I would revert the game back where there was no World Editor.

If the children are not happy with the toys I give them to play with I take the toys away. The End.

No. The system is not designed to support that. All content is available on 3DXChat. The only information you have saved is secure is your RL information through a third party service that deals with the payment info. It's just a matter of time before a Builders Pandora shows up with the complete database of every saved building. You can't stop access to rooms - or anything saved - on this platform and that is a fact everyone must accept or move on.

I can just repeat myself. If I was Gizmo I would revert the game back where there was no World Editor.

If the children are not happy with the toys I give them to play with I take the toys away. The End.

You are wrong. Sorry to tell you that. Sure it is impossible to protect your room but you still need some kind of hacking to access it. So why should I deal with it? Or other builders? We have all rights to be upset or to hunt the thieves. The moral aspect is on our side. 

Gizmo cant reveal back... the public places are empty. I jumped yesterday every 45 minutes to Fresco and than back to my party to avoid a game crash. You know how many did dance there? Around 10 ^^ 

All people are now in user rooms. 

Oh and please stop using unsuitable real world examples. (/me throws sand at Brett in the sandbox).

I give you a suitable example ^^ a while ago the ignore system was changed by the developers. Not the account was blocked, just the avatar. The forum started a shitstorm and see... the system was change back :) It's common practice to listen to the customers, right?

You just want a sex game to fuck around... great... do it... just stay away from non sex rooms as I do the same the opposite around... easy or?

To break this down, anything we build in game even though we thought of it in our head, Sex Game Devil can use if they choose to.  So you made a crazy awesome room, never even having anyone else see it as you're afraid someone would copy it and use it.  Sex Game Devil sees your room, decides to use it as a public room, you get pissed off but Sex Game Devil is going to point out to you they own all that is in the game even if you created it.

Legally they can do what they want in that aspect, but yes that would be morally screwed up and a shitty move.

If you want to build a "crazy awesome room", you'll have to put your focus on the details, because everyone can set up 4 walls, a ceiling and a roof. That is nothing special, so you need to increase the quality. Doing that means that you'll bloat your room, making it laggy and i will need time to load. If the Devs decide to take over such a room that meets their expectations of a public room, they'll notice that many players will have trouble joining or navigating in said room. It's like with the public beach. Quite a few people have problems joining. So why would you want to open a room for everyone if only 30% of the players can join it? And unfortunately I know exactly what I'm talking about. That also means that my own room is a failure.

Still, the whole idea, concept and workload of my room is my own. That's why it is just unfair to steal it and brag with it.

Or putting it into a trailer to promote the new World Editor, and write the room-thiefs' name into the credits instead of the one who has really build it.

If you want to build a "crazy awesome room", you'll have to put your focus on the details, because everyone can set up 4 walls, a ceiling and a roof. That is nothing special, so you need to increase the quality. Doing that means that you'll bloat your room, making it laggy and i will need time to load. If the Devs decide to take over such a room that meets their expectations of a public room, they'll notice that many players will have trouble joining or navigating in said room. It's like with the public beach. Quite a few people have problems joining. So why would you want to open a room for everyone if only 30% of the players can join it? And unfortunately I know exactly what I'm talking about. That also means that my own room is a failure.

Still, the whole idea, concept and workload of my room is my own. That's why it is just unfair to steal it and brag with it.

Or putting it into a trailer to promote the new World Editor, and write the room-thiefs' name into the credits instead of the one who has really build it.

Say the room is perfect with very nice details and such, no lag as it loads up in a split second and it's a very nice room.  Devs decide to use it for a public room, it gets a tone of people in it.  You go in the room, see it's what you made.  While it's not right they have all rights to do it.  I know the beach is a pain in the ass to load for people, one of the reasons is where you load and how many people just stay in that area and move barely that's where the hiccup is.  Just like if you keep your view on the loading spot in a nice room but the users are pouring in same thing happens.  I can be in one room with over 100 users in it and no lag go in another room and take 20 minutes to load up.  Both are very nice and very detailed but it's how things are done that can make the difference.  I know what you're talking about, trust me.  I take that into consideration when I'm building a room.

That's the thing, not everyone that has actually taken the room are bragging, there are ones they've given it to that have.  It's been in WC like crazy with users saying want this room send a PM or here is the link then posts it.  It's a shitty move but Gizmo has made his stance on what will be done.  Unless he changes his mind, all we can do is bitch and complain and hope that he takes something into consideration.

You are wrong. Sorry to tell you that. Sure it is impossible to protect your room but you still need some kind of hacking to access it. So why should I deal with it? Or other builders? We have all rights to be upset or to hunt the thieves. The moral aspect is on our side. 

Gizmo cant reveal back... the public places are empty. I jumped yesterday every 45 minutes to Fresco and than back to my party to avoid a game crash. You know how many did dance there? Around 10 ^^ 

All people are now in user rooms. 

Oh and please stop using unsuitable real world examples. (/me throws sand at Brett in the sandbox).

I give you a suitable example ^^ a while ago the ignore system was changed by the developers. Not the account was blocked, just the avatar. The forum started a shitstorm and see... the system was change back :) It's common practice to listen to the customers, right?

You just want a sex game to fuck around... great... do it... just stay away from non sex rooms as I do the same the opposite around... easy or?

(starts grinding the sand within his teeth lol)

Guys if building is what you want to do and show off with then get. Go to Sansar. Your work will be 100% protected but don't try to turn a sex game into a builder engine. Seriously wake up. It's a SEX GAME! If you don't want sex go elsewhere. How hard is that to comprehend really?

Guys if building is what you want to do and show off with then get. Go to Sansar. Your work will be 100% protected but don't try to turn a sex game into a builder engine. Seriously wake up. It's a SEX GAME! If you don't want sex go elsewhere. How hard is that to comprehend really?

So why you don't let us complain here while you go online to have sex in a common default apartment? It's a sex game!!!

So why you don't let us complain here while you go online to have sex in a common default apartment? It's a sex game!!!

By all means complain away. And yeah you are right I guess I have clearly stated my views on the subject so no reason to chew it any longer.

Hugs! :)

I am only going to post one more time about this. 

1... yes Gizmo stated they aren't going to do anything about

2... yes when you signed up and started to build you lost all 'rights' to call it 'yours'

3... the devs DO have the right to change repeal add or delete any one of the rules in place. 

They could fix this issue and have chosen not to. (so far) And once again I absolutely agreed with them on this up until the recent member suspension and then the ensuing conversations that opened my eyes.  

My thoughts now are ... builders stop building. Stop opening rooms to the public. Stop throwing parties. From what I can see that is about all there is to do in this world. People will quickly wander away.  

And all that being said ... I am assuming (perhaps naively) that the folks in charge ARE reading and seeing there is a problem and are trying to decipher the best course of action. 

Guest Stefia

One is sure you can consider 3DX like all you want, if the persons dont want you touch them you will have just the right to shut up and dream alone in your bedroom... A sex game with 65 positions? go more on achat to have the double of sex positions without club or places only 4 streets its just connect you - fuck - unconnect you. Achat is more a sex game than 3DX.

3DX can build club do parties, do DJ dance chat etc... 3DX have a social part like rlc and not like Acaht a pure sex game. Dont put a rule on something you consider in your head... An other party of the community is in a long way to consider DX like a sex game. Sex is just a part of the possibilities in 3DX or a finality in most of case. Its the reason you have sex rooms and clubbing party. And when you observe the sex rooms how many on 80 do really sex in these rooms?

Now for the room steal, its something really weird in humans, 3DX develop a building system for ALL can build THEIR room and apply the rules they wish in or regroup a fantasy. A sexroom dont need to be a high deco and the rooms open actually are for most 4 wall some light beds sofa and a basic deco its enough for sex you dont need to see a great deco around you focus on your partner and the chat...If i follow your logic

One is sure, the designers do less rooms and it isnt finish because the "nice rules" to be on internet is more use like harassement against people in 3DX not less not more, the rooms arent steal to be use they are steal to hurt the designer do rooms.

Last mind, people are for 3DX rule all is internet, in fact arent against the people want a protection on room because finally these persons dont steal the rooms... All fight for argument dont put the finger on the real motivation of the stealers. Is more a question to stop these harassement must be send to the developpers and respect their own rules because finally they let in their own system harassement on player possible. And the players cant iggy these, in game is easy you iggy the staker and never see his or her face. Find your rooms steal each day in forums is an other mind and not really do for the beautifull mind to give all the rooms to the community... Must stop a little one day to defend the stalkers.

Yes maybe our creations are available for 3DX.. But they not go public our rooms..  They not give anyone allow to download the public rooms, or our rooms.

Some people use a Hack program for download other peoples work and then public them.. And that is against the rules. If the Devs say something els, so they not hold there own rules.

MObmMoK.jpg

"If a suspect did a cheat or a hack"

In reel life i rent a house.. i pay for the house every month. Can the owner i pay every month, just go in and use my home, and use the things as he wants, just be cause he owns it??

Yes its a sex game.. or is it..?

Maybe you can do VR sex in 3DX but its just one of the things you can.. 

But many people also see it as a social game.. and if you see what the devs do.. So they have turn 3dx in a new direction.. where they also want us to build

(they have not added 1 sex pose for over 1 year, So is it really a sex game still?)

They added the new build editor, they told us all.. Your world, do what you want, build what you want. 

So don't starts tell people what 3dx is. Be cause 3dx is what each person see it and want it to be.. Sex, build, party etc.. the choise is your own.

I'm actually quite happy that people are trying to argue in a polite, constructive way, instead of keeping up the mindless shitstorms like in the other threads.

Still, in my opinion everything is said. The Devs will not take over our rooms, because if you look at all the premade public rooms, they have a totally differnt set of assets,

that use totally different math then the things that we're shaping out of cubes, circles and triangles. They are rendered as one object, and the math on the lights and shadows

are done for the entire object - if you build an object on your own, the light and shadows will be calculated for every single cube/circle/etc you used in that object, making

all detailed rooms hard to load and eating away your RAM.

Why would they want to use something like that?

I really like the game with all the possibilities it gives us, and the world editor is awesome. It's the people that ruin everything. Drama, bragging, greed, revenge because you didn't accept the cold-invite they've sent you?. Come on. Stop being such crybabies. Act in a mature way. Have respect for each other. You don't walk through the city, slapping butts and asking for sex in your real life as well.

Cannot be that hard, can it? I don't mean to offend any of you. Just asking for some respect towards the things we put so much work in. Thank you very much.

There is a lot of false ideas constantly pushed here.

First, Gizmo never said that stealing rooms is OK.  He said that if you post your room on 3DXChat it becomes public.  The room information is downloaded across the internet and is available to anyone who knows how to construct the query to retrieve it.  That is the nature of how the game works and not something any easy fix can be made for.   It does not mean Gizmo condones theft, only that he recognizes the possibility and lets you know that you are at risk of having your work used by someone else.   The general rule on all websites even social media is that by uploading anything you are giving rights to what you upload to that site.  This prevents nuisance lawsuits by people blaming the site they uploaded to when others take what they made publicly available. 

Is it possible to create a system that would protect your art from thieves?  No.  You can create a greater degree of protection but as we all know by the regular security patches we receive just for the operating systems we use, there is no such thing as fully secure software.

To create something that is more secure than we currently have in 3DXChat would require significant changes to work around limitations in the Unity code the game is based on or a complete rewrite.   We know that when it comes to a business substantial changes do not happen quickly or at all unless there is some profit to be made or at the very least no loss in profit. You have to pay your programmers so changes cost money.   Change will only come from opportunities to increase revenue or prevent loss of revenue.

3DXChat is not a sex game despite those who want to rail on about it.   It has a sex theme to it certainly.  It's primary purpose for some may be sex only but the reality is that the game offers options that do not require sex.   The game IS whatever you choose to make of it.  Others want to dictate to you what the game is simply because if you do not play along with their idea of what it is they have fewer possibilities.   Who knows, what truly motivates them might be the arguing about how it is a sex game and we are all idiots for not just accepting it.  Certainly there are plenty of people who get off on doing nothing but aggravating others in the game so why not someone who just gets off arguing over what the purpose of the game is?
Note that I do not equate someone arguing their point of view over what the game is with someone who just likes to irritate people, those are two different things whether or not you find the argument irritating.

I completely empathize with those who have been wronged by room thieves.  I do say wronged because despite whether it is accepted practice it is still wrong even if not legally actionable.  The law does not define right and wrong only what has become necessary to allow legal action and even that is often created for immoral use and abuse but that is an entirely different conversation.

Here is the one question I'd love to see people answer.  Do you know who is or isn't doing it?  Can you prove how they did it?  Can these measures be put into place to help prevent it in the future?  Remember, there is more than one way to do things.

I will say this about the thread.  That's not going to happen and will cause more issues than needed.

Having a thread to show off rooms that one builds isn't a bad idea but as it's been stated, there is no way to know if that person actually created the room is someone else actually did it and didn't post.  I know I've not posted mine but I do have screenshots but also I have certain things on how I save them so it's easy to know what and when I've done it as it showed the Date Created in my Windows Explorer so that will help as well.  I always save a hard copy with one name then an slight change with another name and open that room.

The answer is... Gizmo has the power and ability to put something together so that this doesn't even happen in the 1st place. Yes you don't like the room ownership thread, it's not a perfect solution and I agree, but it's something! What we don't need is the constant reminder of how things are. I think what the OP is looking for is positive ideas instead of posts where we are all told what he already stated.

His stance is that he does not care if the rooms are stolen, but he did suspend a user for showing how to steal the rooms. That means that the giving out information on how to perform an act is seen as worse than actually doing the act. Your reply to this has been something like: "It's his game and he can do what he wants". Well technically you are right, but that doesn't mean it's right. Some people like myself stand up and voice an opinion when we see something that doesn't seem right. Others sit by and just simply accept the way things are.

There has never been a single time in our history of this world when clear wrong doing is in effect and has turned out in a positive way by accepting the status quo.