3DXChat Community

Are there still RP people out there?

meilyn

To lie.

How I hate this verb in 3dx ( violetv: no offense meant ! :)   )

Yes, of course I lie ! I tried to make my avi close to my real self, but honestly: I would kill to have a body like that!!

No, my eyes are not that emerald green. No, my breast don't peek out as if gravity did not exist. No, I can't change my hairdo from long to short and back to long again in an instant.

So, I'm lying all day anyway :-)

you know what? if somebody is offended by me not being my real me, then this is entirely his or her problem. Nowhere in my profile is written that my avi is the spitting image of my real self. Neither visually nor emotionally.

back to RP: I like Mei's ideas. And I think that if we wait for the dev's to come out with something, then we'll have to wait for yet another century.

So, what's left is the idea, our own imagination and the possibilities that 3dx gives us. OliU may be right (aren't you nearly always ? :-)))    ), but I still think that it's just a question of doing something instead of waiting for somebody to do something.

Hey there,

I'm one of those who not only prefer, but exclusively do RP ingame. From my own experience I can approve that roleplayers became rare. A lot of those who did in the past are gone and most of the new players don't care about. The number of people in 'no chat' rooms is increasing and RP rooms are rare to see nowadays. 

It's a little sad and some friends and me thought about doing something about it, unfortunately we didn't manage to gather enough time. 

I just can encourage everyone to try! Roleplay can be incredible exciting and no silly animation can ever replace a well written descriptive text. Of course we're all different and not everyone is able to express things like this, or even likes to read huge text blocks. Still, after all I've seen in the last two years I'd say immersive roleplay is by far more rewarding than anything. And it doesn't matter if you RP yourself or someone completely else.

I've never been much into ERP scenarios, for me it's the progressive character design, decisions and regarding consequences that make the fun. But that doesn't mean those two things can't be combined. One serious roleplayer and one who joins the game for a single evening can still be a lot of fun. And even I do ERP, just inside of my character, which actually means I do RP within RP. :)

No matter if you're the silent pose-hopper or the RP geek, I wish you all lots of fun in our crazy little world!

Best,

Nevah

I've never been a RP myself... maybe cause I like my real personality too much  :rolleyes: Or simply cause my brain just doesn't work that way. However I think that you might want to distinguish descriptive time and RP. Not necessary being descriptive means RP as well. Although if someone introduces himself as RP characters, I am always curious and try to support his or her story.

I don't really think there is much difference between being descriptive and roleplay. You're not physically there, all you can do is to describe actions and guess what a possible reaction could be, describing it as well. That's already roleplay, even if you just 'play' your own self. You can add fantasy, sci-fy, a different background story, change your hair color ... or nothing at all. What you're doing remains the same. Two or more people use nothing but the written word to create an exciting experience. A story, set up by more than just one mind.

I'd be a rather extreme example of course, packed with everything from sci-fy to fantasy. And still I meet a lot of people who're completely casual, vanilla if you like.

The photographer who never did anything but to use his 'job' to hook up nice girls ... Let's meet him, maybe to ask him to take some pictures from my newly collared girl. He wouldn't know, or expect anything unusual to happen, all he does is his thing, describing how he takes the first shots. I could just keep things there, have a regular encounter, never mentioning anything unnatural. But that wouldn't be me, right? So I'll do something unexpected, something this photographer has never seen before ... He may be surprised, shocked, maybe even scared ... but also excited, intrigued ... and then I'll give him something he'll seriously never forget. 

Was he real? His job? His hair color? Who cares?

It's been a fascinating evening, three people sharing about 5 hours packed with wonderful, exciting descriptive play. That's what I am here for.

hm, descriptive and roleplay. For me they're not the same.

Although I'm probably more into visual than most girls, descriptive sex is a must. After all, it describes what graphics is not able to provide.

Roleplay, however, should always be something more than the ordinary for me. What I'm trying to say is, that descriptive can go without roleplay, whereas roleplay is impossible without descriptive skills.

I think this is  the case with a lot guys because we are generally very visual whereas a lot females are more into the word aspects.  as Nik  has said "all you really need for good rp is a chat box"

Not sure if we can say that in general.

I did RP for a long time by messenger only and still do from time to time by messenger only...but:

If I would have 2 options and 1 is pure messenger and the other 1 let's say is text plus great and fitting looks and outfits, great building/area/place, fitting poses.. etc. pp..I would always prefer that second option ofc.

2nd option is not a must have but a very good and supporting nice to have :)

Not sure if we can say that in general.

I did RP for a long time by messenger only and still do from time to time by messenger only...but:

If I would have 2 options and 1 is pure messenger and the other 1 let's say is text plus great and fitting looks and outfits, great building/area/place, fitting poses.. etc. pp..I would always prefer that second option ofc.

2nd option is not a must have but a very good and supporting nice to have :)

Which brings us back to 3dx, where we have good graphics and a chat box (unfortunately only one) :-)))

@Rob: I can claim for myself that the graphics is a nice option. I had tremendous fun in 3dx with and without making use of it, though.

Yes! More poses with auto switch after a user defined number of seconds!

Of course I'm kidding, poses are not really important to me, I can easily remain in the same kissing pose while my partner and I are doing a lot more than just kissing. I agree with Nikki, I personally only need a chat box and I'm good to go.

As for being in character, that is not something I enjoy, I am pretty much always the same Huntress even though I can play in various ways.

I once had the most sensual erotic roleplay in a location like this:

5Dxs4v5.png

As you can imagine there where no poses and no avatar. Just two players in spaceships (and a chatbox) having a good time while the machines mined minerals. Plus its PVP everywhere so it was arousing having sex in a region where everything and everyone is trying to kill you.

:lol:

I agree. Most think you are supposed to enter a real location or real pictures into the profile. I really miss the old days where the fantasy part or roleplay avatar was a normal thing. Not everyone is eager to share their real identity here for various reasons. I think people have to respect that, cause personally I am sick and tired to answer why it is such a big deal to not tell where you live and how you look.

To everyone their own.

Well said Nikki

Yes! More poses with auto switch after a user defined number of seconds!

Of course I'm kidding, poses are not really important to me, I can easily remain in the same kissing pose while my partner and I are doing a lot more than just kissing. I agree with Nikki, I personally only need a chat box and I'm good to go.

As for being in character, that is not something I enjoy, I am pretty much always the same Huntress even though I can play in various ways.

Reminds me a bit of RLC and reckognizing the predefined dirty talk sentences in a user room that you could just type by a click :D

Hmmm...so you don' t want or use poses? Then you don't need 3dx...Messenger would be enough I guess :)

Reminds me a bit of RLC and reckognizing the predefined dirty talk sentences in a user room that you could just User by a click :D

Hmmm...so you don' t want or use poses? Then you don't need 3dx...Messenger would be enough I guess :)

I do want poses, I think some of them look really nice, what I am saying is that they are not required for me to enjoy myself. I have been completely lost in pleasure before and the last thing on my mind when this happens is to send a pose request. But I would also agree with you that Messenger alone could be fun, I have had some fun before on Google Hangouts. Just need good imagination ;)

Oli, consider the poses as the spice. Just as the right dance pose :-)

No worries. Already doing this since some longer time :) but what is wrong about some additional spice and eye candy to Support RP a bit more? Many years ago I would have probably died for the possibilities that are technically available now :D

edit: typo

Edited by OliU

True enough. I can sign that. I like to see what I hold, too. and I have to admint, the new slider option in Rochi's dll offers visual posibilities I definitely like :-))))

But you shouldn't as you are female :P

Kidding ofc :)

@Rob: this is what I in fact also wanted to say. I don't think this is neccessarily a matter of gender if someone wants/needs/loves and uses some supporting poses, dressing, etc. pp. if available :)

Hi!

As you may know or not know ;) I am a long term player of 3dx.

In the last weeks I found my mood (back) to create a RP ava and try different roles with it.

Pictures to express my role are taken from internet, I state in RP avis profile it is a RP alt ava and that the pics are from internet to help me and you to imagine the role.

I post my background story there (for role playings sake) in the profile. And I state that this ava will change its role fitting to mood and is nothing to enfriend, cause it will change character quickly.

Well, the responses were very poor.

First I was ignored long time and then I was approached by several people who didnt read the profile and called me a liar when I told them that I am not real (in the sense that I play a role in my alt avi).

Well, beside that i want to whimper and whine a bit here ( *giggles* ;) ) I want to post the question if role playing is so mega out here in 3dx nowadays? 

I did this a over a year ago also when I was in mood and it worked very well. I also saw much more obvious RP background stories in profiles back then running around in world.

Many stories were not really statet directly in profile as being a RP, but - come on - if one reads about naive college girl who has to earn her money for her room or if one reads about a milf teacher in search for students or a 2 metres tall BBC with anime pictures in profile then you know it is roleplay, dont you? 

Sometimes I got the impression this got all too much real and serious here in 3dx?

Greets, mei :)

Lady,

yes, they are still here, like me. I'm up to anything you throw at me with a decent quality... if you just give me the taste of the game.

I once had the most sensual erotic roleplay in a location like this:

5Dxs4v5.png

As you can imagine there where no poses and no avatar. Just two players in spaceships (and a chatbox) having a good time while the machines mined minerals. Plus its PVP everywhere so it was arousing having sex in a region where everything and everyone is trying to kill you.

:lol:

LOL!!! look at the drama & tears that sits in this belt. Looks Amarrish - Laser show anybody - This pic needs system info so I can come hump that orca :)

• 3 weeks later...

~grasps the familiar pole,  sliding my slender fingers up and down the shiny  steel.   Panties moisten as i grind against it to the beat of the house music, nipples harden as i stare at the tent forming in the pants of the hunk gazing at my  svelt body.   Leaving a glisten on the pole from my nectar , I gyrate and wiggle enticing him to touch my flesh,  to feel my heat emanating from my loins.~   

RP can be very hit and miss!

I fancy myself a writer, yet I simply cannot write erotic stuff (especially here) without making myself laugh, and of course immediately taking all the fun out of the moment.  I don't have a solution, problem for me is this whole thing about throwing all the adjectives you can conjure at a sentence, then mixing in just as many puns and metaphors to try to get around sounding repetitive or clinical.  It sometimes turns out very well, depending on the writer, but very very often it just sounds hysterical!

I need to do some soul searching before I properly RP again, I'm sure there's a good way to do it!