3DXChat Community

[Poll] Ignore System

Gizmo

301 members have voted

1. 1. What is better?

• Account wide block, I don't care if anybody find my alt characters
    • Character block (no one can find your alts)
    • Only one character per account

Yes it will create a broader divide, but isn't that what is really needed, to separate the role players from the ones who don't want to role play without all the crap that goes on now.

We have people constantly complaining about being harassed for information about who they really are when all they want to do is role play.

Role players should find things easier themselves and people would know who to role play with and who not to.

The divide is already there, there are people who want to role play and people who don't, just the way things are there is no way of telling who is who unless they put something in their profile.

Even then unless it is made completely obvious there are problems because of language barriers.

Sorry but you have kind of contradict yourself to, in one part you talk about the new charges as being a solution then in another part you say the color coding wont work because people will just buy a new account.

The pay to create feature has been discussed through this thread and another where a pole shows it is as unpopular as the change to the iggy.

Role players are unhappy with it because it means they have to pay each time they want to do any sort of change for role plays.

Many of those role plays are purely innocent and it is unfair they are charged.

Color coding will still allow them to do those role plays and will do a lot more to allow us to protect ourselves against things.

Yes new people would stand out more and it could mean they may be targeted more easily than they are now.

They are already targeted by some I know, but the new people would also have the benefit of seeing who is approaching them using alts.

I don't think that many would be willing to use their main avi to do things they shouldn't be doing so we would all get benefit from that.

Plus a lot of us that pretty much stopped talking with new people because of having so many of them turning out to be people messing with us using alts, we will then be able to be more confident they are new players and help them settle into the game.

Knowing a person is role playing doesn't turn me off them, I know lots that do role play that let people know they do and I have had a lot of fun with those people.

Having it known they are role players or alts will not make as much a difference to how they are treated as people think, we all will just know what their game is and how to react to them, without having to ask the questions that get so many upset.

Hell I think I could actually even see myself getting more into role plays if it was put in as I wouldn't feel guilty about running around with an alt.

If you look through this thread you will see where Gizmo has asked for ideas on other solutions, so it appears he is willing to look at other ideas.

Camden go through this thread and look at what has been said by others, including the role players, then have a good think about all the pluses and misuses the color code offers, then I think you will see it is not such a bad idea.

There is no contradiction. I said that the new changes did something, people asked and there was an action. You ae confusing that statement with an agreement.  I also said that I did not agree with them as a whole but it really does not impact me as an individual. As far as the having a "good think" on it, my opinion remains just as it is. I will not, nor do I need to go back through 13 pages. I have read most of it already. I see arguments on both sides. Yes, Gizmo is speaking up on it and looking for a solution. Wonder why he is doing so? You have admitted that it will create a greater divide and it seems that is okay so long as you feel protected. It doesn't really matter what happens to those on the other side of the divide. You honestly think that people will not be harassed for info if we use a color coded system? I have been harassed for information on my main by people on their main, at least I thought that they were. I shut it down and move on. I am in control of what I feel comfortable sharing. If someone doesn't like it then they can shove off. 

"Having it known they are role players or alts will not make as much a difference to how they are treated as people think, we all will just know what their game is and how to react to them, without having to ask the questions that get so many upset."

Okay, if you say so. Go ahead devs, implement it and see what happens. I can imagine threads cropping up like the ones we have now about alts with those alts posting about feeling harassed or just not being able to communicate with people. I can see new people posting and or leaving because they feel like outsiders and not accepted. It seems that you and I are at an impasse. I will accept it and move on as opposed to telling you to put on your thinking cap in order to see things my way. Not everyone will be in agreement on everything. 

There is no one thing that will solve everything, mind fuckers will find away around anything. And after putting alts in pretty colours fails what's next? Psychological evaluations at the door, proof of gender before entry, questionnaire as to your intentions in the game, cotton wool covered walls because some people on the games feelings are so sensitive they need protecting every five mins from bad people?  As I have said previous I have been here 2 years  and have witnessed once stalking and been harassed, but...the only reason this was allowed to happen was because the person involved refused to ignore them, instead deciding  that their ego was much bigger and I am going to get this person back. Exactly what the mind fucker wanted.

Also can we stop making it sound like every alt is a mind fucker, because they are not, I have an alt, I use it to go un-noticed when I just want me time, but because it gets flogged to death on here that alt means bad person, I and other non bad meaning people walk around with a target on our head, that alone then causes drama by people questioning our intentions.

This topic however will just go round and round in circles again because there is one perfect solution and the same people will keep shoving their ideas as been the right one down our throats.

On a side note, I am happy the account wide ignore was returned, however I would prefer things that are going to influence the game be voted on by paying members in the game, in other words if you can't put your money where your mouth is and sub to the game, why should you be able to influence what happens in it?

Exactly. Account wide block to me is a large part of the solution. The rest, meh.

I see that some people would like to put colors on names for alts and main characters. History has proven us many times it's never a good thing to put a labels on people. We all have different ways and reasons to play and somehow there will always be wierd people on internet. This is going to create conflicts and casts, seperate people:  main vs alts et start the witch hunt again.  you guys are all grown up, why don't you just be a lil more selective with the people you add, ya know just like in real...

here's my question: I have an alt, i am not harassing anyone, and i am not a role player, which color am I going to get? lol this is total bullshit

You know the real life very well doesn't apply here.

This is what you are saying in real life >

I go to work meet with my co worker who is 25 year single woman, after work I go to lunch with my other friend 18 year old guy, and then end my day with I meet with my 21 year old asian friend.

Next day I find all 3 were same person...

I am pretty sure that doesn't happen in real life, while it seems to be happening here on daily basis.

What do you mean by selective?

Nicely written profile 4 gallery slot?

that's achievable by everyone in first 5 minutes of the game.

Look if person have 100 + gifts? 

Should I not feel safe talking to person with 0 to 20 gifts because they could get them in 2 days?

Isn't this exactly what you want to prevent? separating people?

It won't start any witch hunts because if alt is alting around for sex or RP or just like to look around there's no reason.

I do not go to sin and pick person X to start witch hunt against them. That just not logical. And if there would be colours I would assume every third person would be coloured anyway.

So to your question you have alt ... nothing would change whatever colour you would get. If slot 2 was blue and slot 3 was green. you would be green and if you do not harrass anyone nothing would change at all since people could decide if they want to talk with you and risk getting involved with someone or not. You are not going to be only alt around there will be hundreds of them around.

Your comparison suck.

I am not saying brand people with alt colours or whatever,

My solution would be that gizmo start punishing shit like multi account and properly ban harassing people. Because from what I seen it's usually 1 person that get caught in drama once, twice .. three times... 5 x .. and everytime with different people. I would also introduce IP lock to 1 connection per IP at same time.

But then they wouldn't do that because that would cost them revenue...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this time, I do not side for or against the colours, I just find the arguments against quite silly and actually stupid from what I read. Just my opinion.

But I kinda have to agree with Twiggy at least in some ways.

YES it brands you but that's the point..isn't it?

example 1 = you are alt looking for sex. the orgy room and the other alts won't make difference and will still talk with you, If you ever been in orgy room you would know people there doesn't care at all period.

example 2 = you are RP and have it written in profile... well guess what the same people that avoided you before will avoid you now too. shocking isn't it?

example 3 = your main character would still exist, so argument people harrass or doesn't talk to me doesn't apply because you still have your main character. Where you are free to talk to anyone.

Basically if you are totally innocent and are either RP or looking for sex. The same people that would play / screw with you now would screw with you after. The people that wouldn't if they knew you were alt are protected.

So I would like to know negative of these colour brandings?

Give me example please.

Point  of the colours would be that people dislike talking with alts or don't wish to, they wouldn't have to be scared if that new person is new player or is it someone alt and I know lots of people have fear of getting close to someone just to find out later he/she is already married on 2 other characters. GG

I posted my solution, do better job at reports, IP lock game to 1 IP active at same time, take care of multiple accounts, the people with 6 or 8 accounts that insane I cant believe it wont trigger any alarms.

But then well $$ $$ $$ never enough huh?

I would also introduce IP lock to 1 connection per IP at same time.

IP lock game to 1 IP active at same time

That wouldn't ever be a thing, because there is people here who are a couple in Real Life who play on 2 separate accounts, what will they do if they can only log in on one account at a time? IP Limit to one IP per connection wouldn't work. Would cause too many problems amongst couples, room mates etc...

The thing is with this issue, is it's everywhere, no matter where you look, yes you can put safeguards in, and I do agree perhaps one way to fix this is to be more active on reporting, as I know a lot of people who get harassed but never report, I don't understand. That's what the report function is there for. Use it.

That wouldn't ever be a thing, because there is people here who are a couple in Real Life who play on 2 separate accounts, what will they do if they can only log in on one account at a time? IP Limit to one IP per connection wouldn't work. Would cause too many problems amongst couples, room mates etc...

The thing is with this issue, is it's everywhere, no matter where you look, yes you can put safeguards in, and I do agree perhaps one way to fix this is to be more active on reporting, as I know a lot of people who get harassed but never report, I don't understand. That's what the report function is there for. Use it.

Honestly I would love to see number of how many couples play together in same household vs how many people have multiple account.

From 2 years here I seen exactly 3 couples = 6 players.

I also seen at least 20 or 30 people with multiple accounts.

Ofcourse my evidence isn't best since playerbase is so large that I don't know everyone (well not anymore :P).

HOWEVER this game isn't exactly league of legends or world of warcraft where couples go sit for 3 hours a night and play together.

Roomates and couples are way such small minority here. Very small minority here.

Honestly IP lock can be solved by VPN. But then way it is now. I mean it's kinda paradise for trollers.

How many accounts did hyperPepsi had ?  AND he trolled world chat constantly.

Fuck he is still around at this time.

And he wasn't really issue since he is only lil troll compared to some people here.

Simply there is zero protection against someone who get second account or third or fourth, I knew 4 separate people here who had each over 5 + accounts.

IF 1 IP protection means that 15 couples have to share 1 account and it helps protect 3000 or whatever number of active people is here I think that sacrifice is very well worth. I am for that.

Yes it's sad it happens but people are jerks so either that or start properly moderating game.

Ps.

Ash reporting here suck I have pending report here for like 3 months no one looked over it.

People don't report because some have such horrible experience that they rather quit,

Other thinks its pointless as it is so easy here to start " new life " with new account once again.

Third don't bother, there's lack of dev communication so why would people bother.

It's also hard to find someone who uses second account. Here is example from the start of this year.YES this happened here:

Player A harassed player B,C,D,E,F after being put on ignore so many times, player A decided to get new account where they hurt person Z,X,Y,T,V .... but player V was friend with player C, and player X was friend with player B, So they saw same kind of profile, same kind of writing and slang and then found out they are same person. Player A then went and got third account and was found again but not after already harassed another 4 people.

also players D.E.F.Z.T.V all unsubscribed after that drama.

So let's say we have many of these how many will get lost with second account? or third? and never will contact YOU again but will hurt other people far from your " circle ". Basically there's nothing punishing to start " clean " here.

In the end, Me personally I been here so long that I don't even care if half of the people in 3DX are sacrificing virgin blood and trying to summon cthulu or whatever.

What just sadness me some people here have totally terrible experience that might end in months of depression and something else. Is it majority? I doubt it.

But I seen few of my friends leave from this place. And it's sad to see they get to see negatives before positives.

Yes, some people take this game way seriously, some people are hoping to find their prince / princess here... It might be stupid but really can't really judge them unless you lived their life. except if they are nuts then fuck them with big stick :P

Honestly I would love to see number of how many couples play together in same household vs how many people have multiple account.

[...]

the number between the two have no importance, even if they where are just 1 couple in the game like that, they DONT have to be punished because of a group of bad ppl... never...

you cant go thinking that those couple will just have and will know how to use à vpn, because that not true, most of them will surely dont know and just quit (or not come) because they cant play together

woaaa reading something like that realy make my skin crawl ><

lets punish the mindfucker OK, np with that, but no ! dont punish any innocent because of them -_-, cut the possibility for couple/roommate/other to play together it's like... slaying all the sheep to get the wolf -_-

the number between the two have no importance, even if they where are just 1 couple in the game like that, they DONT have to be punished because of a group of bad ppl... never...

you cant go thinking that those couple will just have and will know how to use à vpn, because that not true, most of them will surely dont know and just quit (or not come) because they cant play together

woaaa reading something like that realy make my skin crawl ><

lets punish the mindfucker OK, np with that, but no ! dont punish any innocent because of them -_-, cut the possibility for couple/roommate/other to play together it's like... slaying all the sheep to get the wolf -_-

invalid.

same as the poll last day. Devs are doing these decisions on their own and if there is VERY  small minority of couples COMPARED to Majority of multi account people. then it should happen

Clearly people who wanted 1 avi per account got punished because majority wanted account bound ignore with last day patch but that's irrelevant then too. Devs picked one.

Clearly people who wanted 1 avi per account got punished because majority wanted account bound ignore with last day patch but that's irrelevant then too. Devs picked one.

1 avi/account or 3 avi/account, that not a punishment, that a rule, that dont block you to play the game, the IP blocking is a real punishment

1 avi/account or 3 avi/account, that not a punishment, that a rule, that dont block you to play the game, the IP blocking is a real punishment

for many 1 avi is punishment since they actively play 3 characters.

for others it's safety measurement.

I base this on my stay here for 2 years, I and my friends met so many people here with multiple accounts yet we met so few couples that play together like less than 5.

But the multi account thing is here really really spread or either I and lots of people I know been really unlucky for this shit.

So what is your solution to multi account issue ? Let it be the way it is now? Lets do nothing?

Again I don't care the issue is way too many people do.

Let's have zero trolling prevention and let it roam like it is now? Who cares that 1 troll can hurt 10 or more people with 4 accounts as I seen here. right?

Couples here are very small minority compared to jerks with multiple accounts. I am just sad that I see people quit all the time due to being fucked by drama and devs dont do anything because 1 idiot can make 3 people unsubscribe but its fine since he pays for 3 or 4 accounts.

Or are we gonna state that people here who have 5 + accounts have family accounts? dad mum grandma grandpa + kid? 3dx family bundle?

Personally if this game become alcatraz , i ( personally ) would probably leave the game . You give a hand to peoples , they ask an arm  ( it's more or les how we say it in france ) .

Devs are here to create a fun and nice game . They are not here to play guestapo and hunt for you the bad peoples . Yet with the wide account block , peoples can annoy you only once . And unless you know a way to predict by advance who will annoy you like in the movie "Minority Report" , the wide account ignore is enough

Thanks , i know that ignore is not IP wide , but what is difficult to press the ignore button time to time ?

Because I won't know it's same person for few weeks or months?

It's freaky how people here can change their way of typing / personality etc.

Or perhaps they will avoid me and go to mess with someone else on clean state account?

there are so many games with IP lock and active moderation and they aren't refered as alcatraz. But here it seem that everything that would help people avoid alts is north korea.

But then its the same people over and over saying no no no no... whatever

So what is your solution to multi account issue ? Let it be the way it is now? Lets do nothing?

unfortunatly, that à issue that is realy hard, more imposible to erase, i play social game like this one since more that 15 years now, drama and multi account problem where on every one of them (even those with 1 avi/account have multi account problem, that the same)

when a mindfucker realy want too, he will find a way, you can make all blocking stuff you want, they will find a way, the dev can put some tool (the wide ignore is one) but they cant be behind everybody

maybe some modo (employee one, not voluntary/find IG one !) can be helpfull, but that cost money, can be a problem for the company

ppl need to be able to get some... mmm i dont know how to say it in english... some recule, look at thing from afar, mindfucker can mindfucker a lot of time because ppl react to them, if you dont look at them and dont care at that they say, your "real" friend will know who lie and who not, the other you dont even have to care, lot of them will stop if that they make do nothing (i talk about the small one, those where drama start often by a couple that break)

the big mindfucker, those that their the way they play... hopefully they are not so much like that, but that those that make the most of the noise :/, we cant make a lot of thing again them, they are no miracle solution :/, ignore/report/ban... unfortunatly, they will alway come back, because... they have lost crew, and they like that, to see ppl arging with them

a good solution can be to make ppl want to keep there account and make them realy dont want to be ban, that easy in a mmorpg for example, because ppl dont want to lost their stuff/xp ect... actualy, here, lost à account is nothing, just a name, so maybe we can find a way to add something that make the ppl want to absolutly keep their account... what exactly, dont know :x, but maybe we can find something

My rl bf and I were ones that used to sometimes come on with one IP address, mostly my bf was away from home so we had different addresses but sometimes when he was home we would come on together just for fun.

If that is the only thing that is an argument against what Riela suggests for IP addresses then there is something that we will not have cared about that might be a help.

What if when IP addresses are doubled up both avis show a flag on their profile with a number to show they are both from the one place.

It is giving away a small amount of privacy yes, for example we use to use alts to go to LI sometimes that no one knew were us so we could get some privacy.

Some may have been able to pick up on it if we were flagged that way and they knew us, but I think most will have respected why we had done it and left us alone.

For the people that are using 2 accounts for causing problems then they will be seen for it.

And for me with that situation with my bf the good that would come from it would well outweigh any inconvenience it produced.

Everybody seems to be focusing on we cannot prevent everyone from doing crap stuff, if they want to they will find a way.

Well yes that is true, but right now we make it so easy for them to do so and no way will I agree that all that do it now because it is made so easy will do it by making new accounts and such.

Some will yes, but the way lots seem to be looking at this is more like if people are grabbing guns from a gun cabinet and shooting people, lets not bother making the cabinet more secure as some will still find a way in.

The charge for alts thing has not gone over very well, Gizmo has acknowledged that and asked for ideas on possible solutions.

He has shown he wants to do something about it, for what ever reason does not matter, it could be the amount of people complaining or sending in reports, it could be numbers decreasing, it could be from just one experience that was brought to his attention like someone had said in here.

The charge for alts thing was never a good solution, it prevents to many things that alts were used for that were innocent, like the who done it thing and a load of innocent role playing where people need to make a particular avi to do so.

From what Gizmo has said and what the other thread that has a pole about it I think it has been realized it needs something else, and for f..sake people, Gizmo has asked for our help.

I think we all know there is no perfect solution but let's discuss this, find out what is the best solution that will produce the best results with the least amount of loss for what people want from the game.

Look at things that are suggested and compare the gains to the losses.

See what people say and try to think of some change to what was suggested that could lesson that impact, or heighten the gain.

Instead of just knocking the crap out of anything suggested, let it be known you see a problem and try to think of something that may get past that problem.

Make your own suggestions and don't just say that nothing can be done as that is bull shit.

My rl bf and I were ones that used to sometimes come on with one IP address, mostly my bf was away from home so we had different addresses but sometimes when he was home we would come on together just for fun.

If that is the only thing that is an argument against what Riela suggests for IP addresses then there is something that we will not have cared about that might be a help.

for you, because your bf have another place, i dont thinks for exemple that married couple or roommate will thinks that they dont care about it ^^

What if when IP addresses are doubled up both avis show a flag on their profile with a number to show they are both from the one place.

i thinks that useless too :/, just will be a lack of privaty for couple/roommate/etc...

if fact, if you want another argument agains the 1ip/login, if we thinks about it carfuly, the "IP lock game to 1 IP active at same time" will just cut couple/roommate/other to play together, that would have near zero incidence again mindfucker, because they use multiple account yup, but in that case they just have to logout the first one to come with the second... that they already make in the most majority of case, a one IP/login will absolutly not block or even annoy them :/

i'm not again talking and trying to find something to fight mindfucker, but sadly that idea is not a good one :/

Maybe i'm wrong ( i dont really know how it would work ) , but someone who want annoy you , with the 1 IP thing , could just cancel an "old" account and create a new one and so have just one account on their IP . Am i right ?

Maybe i'm wrong ( i dont really know how it would work ) , but someone who want annoy you , with the 1 IP thing , could just cancel an "old" account and create a new one and so have just one account on their IP . Am i right ?

The most Members have a Dynamic IP adress, it means the IP Adress changes all 24hours by your internet provider.

Also have some Members a Static IP adress, it means this members have always the same IP adress.

Only for members with a Static IP adress could work a Ignore function IP wide :)

no, they talk about be able to be logged in game in the same time with just one account for 1 ip, you dont have to delete a "old" to pass that, you just have to logout one to log the other and vice&versa when they want to come back to the old one

that you have in mind i thinks if to be able to create just one account by IP, to get one account = 1 ppl, that technicaly not realy feasible and useless because IP adress are in fact not fixe (for the majority of ppl)

Edit :

Only for members with a Static IP adress could work a Ignore function IP wide :)

sadly, even that can be easily get around :/

no, they talk about be able to be logged in game in the same time with just one account for 1 ip, you dont have to delete a "old" to pass that, you just have to logout one to log the other and vice&versa when they want to come back to the old one

that you have in mind i thinks if to be able to create just one account by IP, to get one account = 1 ppl, that technicaly not realy feasible and useless because IP adress are in fact not fixe (for the majority of ppl)

Edit :

sadly, even that can be easily get around :/

There is NO way for a ignore function IP wide because for ppl with dynamic IP's is it really easy to reset the internet Manuel and get a new IP adress :)

If I want I can do this every hour.

I think a discuss about a Ignore function IP wide is useless and unneeded. Sad but so is it...

The most Members have a Dynamic IP adress, it means the IP Adress changes all 24hours by your internet provider.

Also have some Members a Static IP adress, it means this members have always the same IP adress.

I will add something to your words .

There are many free programs to change IP and I use them sometimes and many who play in Korea or Japan .

Also my antivirus has security system and when you enable this feature change the IP on whatever .

There is NO way for a ignore function IP wide because for ppl with dynamic IP's is it really easy to reset the internet Manuel and get a new IP adress :)

If I want I can do this every hour.

I think a discuss about a Ignore function IP wide is useless and unneeded. Sad but so is it...

that was that i'm saying too XD... maybe my english was a little strange if you read otherwise ^^ sorry, not my main ^^

I will add something to your words .

There are many free programs to change IP and I use them sometimes and many who play in Korea or Japan .

Also my antivirus has security system and when you enable this feature change the IP on whatever .

Interesting I didn't know! Thank you :)

that was that i'm saying too XD... maybe my english was a little strange if you read otherwise ^^ sorry, not my main ^^

No, I understand you good! I wanted only to make it sure that a discuss about a ignore function for IP's is useless :)

Also a discuss about a IP Limit is useless because no one can prescribe a member to use only one IP per day :huh: :lol: