3DXChat Community

[Poll] Ignore System

Gizmo

301 members have voted

1. 1. What is better?

• Account wide block, I don't care if anybody find my alt characters
    • Character block (no one can find your alts)
    • Only one character per account

Β 

I use to spend a lot of time helping new people to settle into the game but stopped doing that as well.

Β 

Same on my side as i was in game .Β Updates,opinions, or anything else can`t affect on my position .Β If I`ll return to gameΒ I will do the same .Β Help should beΒ unselfishΒ and required no compensation . Isn`t it ?

@ExHaran.....you want no balance, you want the new system to continue to be a cheater.

that's ok, but we and all the rest have voted for a Account Block. Accept it

*smiles* you a liar .I can prove it in pm if you want :)Β 

I can`t accept disbalance . I have some idea .Β Argue what it can damage you .

Β 

Β 

On my opinion would be great to return to players their oldΒ block list .Β I agree with Achilles , but weΒ can understand the players who have "worked hard" to create their bl .

Keep new block system because it can protect the good roleplayers and not only roleplayersΒ from stupidΒ stalking/hunting .

To lower the price for creating new characters to a reasonable limit or cancel the price at all(at the moment it is one of the few protection systems) .

Β 

Those who want the old system or lazy to press the button more than once or those who love hunting with Β spreading of rumors and drama . Or players who wanna keep their old black lists .Β I can`t see other sides for now .

New system will keep ignore function and keep players alts (personal in-game information) .

Only one char on account is impossible .Β All who will lose already created characters ...Β It will not beΒ honnestΒ .Β Here everything is clear .

Same on my side as i was in game .Β Updates,opinions, or anything else can`t affect on my position .Β If I`ll return to gameΒ I will do the same .Β Help should beΒ unselfishΒ and required no compensation . Isn`t it ?

Β 

Yes but that help should not have to put you in a vulnerable position.

If you could turn off alts so you only see peoples main avis it would easily allow people to really welcome new players.

Just wishful thinking.

Β 

Hope you still have a valid game account.Β 

Yes but that help should not have to put you in a vulnerable position.

If you could turn off alts so you only see peoples main avis it would easily allow people to really welcome new players.

Just wishful thinking.

I can welcome newcomers from 2nd and 3rd character . And helping . Bad understand this line, sorry . Maybe my mistake .

I can welcome newcomers from 2nd and 3rd character . And helping . Bad understand this line, sorry . Maybe my mistake .

Sorry what I mean is I found to many of them were not new players at all, just someone had made an alt and trying things on me.

I ended up not being very welcoming as i would be looking out for signs and even asking questions in an effort to find out if it was just an alt, then having to try and explain why I was like that and not turn them off the game.

In the finish i ended up mostly just not answering pms from people I didn't know.

Sorry what I mean is I found to many of them were not new players at all, just someone had made an alt and trying things on me.

I ended up not being very welcoming as i would be looking out for signs and even asking questions in an effort to find out if it was just an alt.

Β 

Same here. A visible flag for alts would solve a lot of problems but this was not put to the vote - unfortunately.

But I bet that the adorable role players will disagree.

On my opinion would be great to return to players their oldΒ block list .Β I agree with Achilles , but weΒ can understand the players who have "worked hard" to create their bl .

Keep new block system because it can protect the good roleplayers and not only roleplayersΒ from stupidΒ stalking/hunting .

To lower the price for creating new characters to a reasonable limit or cancel the price at all(at the moment it is one of the few protection systems) .

Β 

Those who want the old system or lazy to press the button more than once or those who love hunting with Β spreading of rumors and drama . Or players who wanna keep their old black lists .Β I can`t see other sides for now .

New system will keep ignore function and keep players alts (personal in-game information) .

Only one char on account is impossible .Β All who will lose already created characters ...Β It will not beΒ honnestΒ .Β Here everything is clear .

Β 

I am happy to hear you have never had to deal with real harassment here in this game, ExHaran, but let me tell you about an experience I had here. I was talking with some friends one night and got a private message from a person that had read my character's bio. Like you, I am an avid role player. I don't play video games to play at real life relationships. But the person who read my profile decided that I was in fact looking for just that. A simple flirtatious conversation slowly got creepier and creepier with the player asking more and more real life relationship type questions. I brushed the person off and stopped responding to their character.Β 

Β 

About an hour later, a different character strikes up a conversation with me, I reply back, things seem pretty normal, fairly normal conversation and then the player starts talking about how I started ignoring them on their other character, how I ran away from the room I had been in and was probably a homosexual man trying to trick lesbians into having cyber sex with them. Which.. I mean, wtf? Right? There are so many things wrong with that thought it's not even worth responding to... So, I put the player on ignore. Problem solved right?

Β 

A few minutes after I ignored the player, someone says to me, look in world chat. I click the tab and a different player is now bad mouthing me in world chat referencing things said in my private chats with the ignored player, see, the player logged on to a different account to continue the harassment. Oh course, I reported it. Automatically ignoring the player's second account. A few of my friends jumped to my defense in world, and I thought problem solved.Β 

Β 

A few minutes later another character comes up to me in a publicly open private room, starts up a very familiar conversation in private messages, almost exactly like the first player, but I don't freak out, I figure it can't really be the same person... And then, the crazy comes out, the person goes on and on about how I am a homosexual male trying to trick lesbians into having cyber sex... Again, I mean, wtf? Same person, on a third account harassing me. So I ignore again.

Β 

I spent the next week, I'd say being harassed by the person, they would follow me any time I logged on and send private messages to people I was near to warning them that I was a sexual predator. I finally lost the person's interest and they went after another player here. I know quite a few people, most of them fellow role players who have run ins with this person who still posts here on different accounts.

Β 

I can tell you for a fact, in the ignore by character system you are so hot for, this person and people like them will not stop logging in characters to harass people. They get off on exploiting loop holes like this.Β 

I had a guy once come up to me in LI and say he desperately needed someone to talk to, so i asked him what was wrong.

He told me how he had lost his youngest son in a car accident 2 years ago and just 1 month ago his oldest son had died in a sporting accident or something like that.

He then went on to say it had caused so much trouble between him and his wife she had just left him and he was feeling suicidal.

I talked with him for well over an hour trying to comfort him and feeling really sorry for him just to have him say what he needed was to have sex with a nice girl and he would then be able to get to sleep.

The whole thing was bs, I felt so stupid being taken in, but he was so good at it.

I saw him again a couple of weeks later, I had a go at him and he replied with, well you make yourself so hard to get with you can't blame people for trying things like that, you think yourself a princess in here.

At that time i didn't think to put him on iggy but saw him again some time later and just did that without talking to him, just to find that someone I thought to be a friend vanished from my friends list.

I am happy to hear you have never had to deal with real harassment here in this game, ExHaran, but let me tell you about an experience I had here. I was talking with some friends one night and got a private message from a person that had read my character's bio. Like you, I am an avid role player. I don't play video games to play at real life relationships. But the person who read my profile decided that I was in fact looking for just that. A simple flirtatious conversation slowly got creepier and creepier with the player asking more and more real life relationship type questions. I brushed the person off and stopped responding to their character.Β 

Β 

About an hour later, a different character strikes up a conversation with me, I reply back, things seem pretty normal, fairly normal conversation and then the player starts talking about how I started ignoring them on their other character, how I ran away from the room I had been in and was probably a homosexual man trying to trick lesbians into having cyber sex with them. Which.. I mean, wtf? Right? There are so many things wrong with that thought it's not even worth responding to... So, I put the player on ignore. Problem solved right?

Β 

A few minutes after I ignored the player, someone says to me, look in world chat. I click the tab and a different player is now bad mouthing me in world chat referencing things said in my private chats with the ignored player, see, the player logged on to a different account to continue the harassment. Oh course, I reported it. Automatically ignoring the player's second account. A few of my friends jumped to my defense in world, and I thought problem solved.Β 

Β 

A few minutes later another character comes up to me in a publicly open private room, starts up a very familiar conversation in private messages, almost exactly like the first player, but I don't freak out, I figure it can't really be the same person... And then, the crazy comes out, the person goes on and on about how I am a homosexual male trying to trick lesbians into having cyber sex... Again, I mean, wtf? Same person, on a third account harassing me. So I ignore again.

Β 

I spent the next week, I'd say being harassed by the person, they would follow me any time I logged on and send private messages to people I was near to warning them that I was a sexual predator. I finally lost the person's interest and they went after another player here. I know quite a few people, most of them fellow role players who have run ins with this person who still posts here on different accounts.

Β 

I can tell you for a fact, in the ignore by character system you are so hot for, this person and people like them will not stop logging in characters to harass people. They get off on exploiting loop holes like this.Β 

Β 

Β 

What happened to you, makes me sad and angry at the same time.

My story is complete differentΒ but unfortunately in some aspects very similar (asshole with to much money).

Β 

Those assholes can never be stopped, thats a sad fact, but not all idiots on the planet are willed to spend so much moneyΒ to muck around someone.

Β 

Β 

Edit: fixed a typo :)

Edited by chloe

I ended up not being very welcoming as i would be looking out for signs and even asking questions in an effort to find out if it was just an alt, then having to try and explain why I was like that and not turn them off the game.

In the finish i ended up mostly just not answering pms from people I didn't know.

Β 

Same here. And I also don't answer pms from ppl I don't know anymore (since yesterday) because self-protection is mandatory. With the new system it is unfortunately the only way left now to protect yourself effectively.

Β 

Said and very bad for all newcommers but not my fault. I just react to the new system and circumstances.

Β 

Ofc course something very important got lost by this. I like to communicate and in general I like to meet and talk even with unknown ppl in a friendly way. This is also why I am here. But since yesterday I only react to ppl on my friendlist or at least known ppl I think I can trust.

Β 

Since yesterday tough times for newcommers I'd say.

What happened to you, makes me sad and angry at the same time.

My story is complete differentΒ but unfortunately in some respects very similar (asshole with to much money).

Β 

Those assholes can never be stopped, thats a sad fact, but not all idiots on the planet are willed to spend so much moneyΒ to muck around someone.

Β 

The player I ran into was known to have at least 12 characters too, and I only ignored three of the person's accounts.

The player I ran into was known to have at least 12 characters too, and I only ignored three of the person's accounts.

Β 

I stopped counting the characters and / or accounts of "my" asshole... and he is still around...Β 

Β 

Also, my room will no longer open for the public, only for friends.

As Oli said, rough times for newcomers.

All of this is what I meant by the I don't think the devs put much thought into what they did, I can see they were trying to do the right thing but failed to really understand things that have been happening and what really goes on.

I tried something a bit stupid a while back, posted a thing about ethics trying to make some of these people think was what I thought anyway, just got beaten up really badly for doing it.

I am happy that the devs have seen that something needs to be done but feel they really need to understand things better than they seem to.

It appears it was obvious to a lot of us in here that what they did wouldn't work and in fact would even make some things worse.

But good on them for trying i guess, I just hope they don't give up and go about it in a better way next time.

Maybe do a post 1st to see what peoples opinions are.

This supposedly meant to be a game where everyone were intended to have fun and go about their business, feel like drama especially on forums i seen in just last couple months more than i seen in second life in 1 year.

Β 

I played second life for 4 years and in 4 years i got hmmm .... let me remember ... hmmm ... yes that's it, i got ONE mini drama . lol

At least current poll result giving me a lot of hope that we will return to 3dxCHAT very soon and not stay for too long in 3dxUNTRUST, 3dxNERVERENDINGBULLY or seomthing like that. There is a clear majority in official vote.

Β 

Funny thing: usually the one crying loudest for 110% privacy are the ones that have to hide most for very good reasons.

At same time I can see now from at least one person here a big abuse of the word "roleplay".

Β 

Listen: bullying/harrassing AIN'T roleplaying! Or do you seriously want to tell me "hey..yesterday I was only roleplaying a bullier"??? *LOL*

It is what it is: bullying/harrassing, nothing else... and shouldn't get mixed up with the word roleplaying because it is also insulting nice and

honest roleplayers.

Β 

Like everywhere: a lot of good/honest roleplayers that I highly appreciateΒ  but also some assholes.

I have a question . What do you all call harrasment ?Β 

Β 

If by harrasment you mean someone that you ignore coming with another avatar and annoy you again , canceling it when you discover it's him/her (point her ex best friend) , coming few time after and anoying you again with another avatar (point her ex best friend) then cancel the avatar when you discover it's him/her etc ... etc ... I'm sorry to tell you that it's not an account wide ignore option that will help you , because that's what my wife and I are living since one year now . And we all know that it was with the so loved old ignore system .

I have a question . What do you all call harrasment ?Β 

Β 

If by harrasment you mean someone that you ignore coming with another avatar and annoy you again , canceling it when you discover it's him/her (point her ex best friend) , coming few time after and anoying you again with another avatar (point her ex best friend) then cancel the avatar when you discover it's him/her etc ... etc ... I'm sorry to tell you that it's not an account wide ignore option that will help you , because that's what my wife and I are living since one year now . And we all know that it was with the so loved old ignore system .

Β 

thank you for showing off and outing yourself.

Β 

No comment for the rest of your posting for several reasons.

Β 

EDIT: misunderstood a bit. DELETE of 1st sentence and sorry to you from my side. So it wasn't YOU but your ex best friend. Also sorry to hear that.

Edited by OliU

@Leeloo:Β We are all in your side, the old system was not perfect. But the new one is even more worse. That's the point.

100% protection against cyber mobbing is only possible if we turn off our PCs.Β 

Β 

Just 1 out of my "several reasons" ;)