3DXChat Community

Regarding Development

D1SC0STU

Guest Eddster

Thank you for your support.  I have talked with Gizmo a couple of times now about the state of their current update cycle as well as a critical bug I was able to track down and duplicate for them.  I am now quite confident that the devs are trying very hard to complete a new feature.  I think when they complete it and announce it to the community, many of us will gain a renewed sense of confidence in this game.

What good is a secret project when you have a lack of content NOW? People are unsubbing and leaving NOW. Transparency may get your community excited NOW, it may even get people to sub NOW, it may even press you as a game developer to actually hit reasonable goals and dates NOW. Nearly every successful game either in beta or alpha does it.

Now that you seem to know of the secret project doesn't mean all should be fine for the rest of us with our heads in the dirt.

What good is a secret project when you have a lack of content NOW? People are unsubbing and leaving NOW. Transparency may get your community excited NOW, it may even get people to sub NOW, it may even press you as a game developer to actually hit reasonable goals and dates NOW. Nearly every successful game either in beta or alpha does it.

Now that you seem to know of the secret project doesn't mean all should be fine for the rest of us with our heads in the dirt.

I know as much as the rest of you...I wish they would have given me special treatment because I am a developer myself...but sadly no secret news for me.

However, I don't understand why my account suddenly won't work, when I am all paid up.

Hey D1SC0STU, thanks for your report. Your acount has been fixed. And it's OK now. It was blocked automatically, sorry.

This bug will be fixed as soon as possible. Please don't try to use this bug, your account will be blocked automatically again by our system :)

Guest Suikazura

Just throwing out a wild suggestion. Since we have a fairly creative community. How hard would it be to start an open sourced, adult chat game, similar to this one. Maybe could do a kickstarter to get it going. Possibly do a "free to play" with a gold system for unique versions of in game items to pay for the server?

Just an idea

poster158.jpg

Meet a new feature: Drinks (only beer on this time, more will come in the next updates), also 3 new sex poses and leather jacket for men.

What will be in the next update? Different drinks and masks. 

PS: How do you like this update?  :)

Guest Eddster

Maybe we should concentrate on features that we want to have in the game. And do not attack devs. All what I see you people just write your critic.

But where your advices? We should write something like this:

"Dear developers. Thanks for your hard work. The last feature you've added is not so demanded by me. It would be great if you will add a following sex poses: cowgirl, 69, double penetration... etc"

Take a few seconds and look at the forums. They are littered with ideas and thanks. What you are saying is, shut up if you don't like it. Again, some of us are not sheep. If you don't like our feedback on the way the game is. Then tough, honestly we have been nothing but supportive of this project. Being slapped across the face with another cash grab and the lack of updates is unacceptable. Of course it will be accepted if we continue to use the lingo you are proposing.

Dear Lisa, Gizmo and any other dev that is working on this game.

I wish to give you honest feedback. Feedback that is shared by many people here.

First let me start with largest concern.

Your game is in BETA and have one of most expensive subscription of all games that exist, not only erotic ones but normal games as well such as WOW or any other mmo currently on market.

We are paying 19 euro per month. Many of us spent money on gifts as well, because we like to support game more and we wish for our friends and special ones to remember moments we shared together.

However you promised us big feature coming soon and that is reason for update delay.

So we use our money to support you and what we get in return? Feature that was created thanks to our money asking us for more money.

Now don't get me wrong drinks are requested feature and really popular one. But I must ask why it does cost gold? why?

Aren't we paying enough? Look at these topics we been giving you feedback for such long time. We want this game to work. We are going so far as giving you free help (such as submitting clothes/ hair  and wanting nothing in return)

Is it worth for you devs? How big is this community? 300 active people at best? Is it worth for you to milk 50 whales / people who are willing to pay for invites, beer and any upcoming features as well and loosing others in long time?

I just had friend who quit because of content of this update. She been here for 9 months, She gave you almost 200 euro on subscription and you just lost her many more will follow I am sure of it.

You also made my other friend angry. Friend who was willing to submit her 3D works for you so there's more content for this game and she wanted to do that for free.

Look at this huge outrage this have caused. It is full of negative feedback - world chat, local chat everyone complaining. How many people you want to quit?

Most of us are here because of people we like. DO you realize how easy is to pack up and go to SL for example? It is simple. It happened before with groups of people and it will happen again.

Me and many more people wont support this shady double dipping with our money and we wont stay long. You might get short term boost in money thanks to this ... month, two ... perhaps more and then you will realize how many people left because we just wont tolerate it.

What is next? Pay for rehashed poses? Pay for new furniture? Pay for ability to PM ?

You see, I am fine with paying for stuff but then drop subscription. DROP 20 euro per month. MAKE this game free and then we can talk about buying features with xgold. This is one of most, if not most expensive game on market with least amount of content possible.

I truly hope and I wish you read this and think about it.

Show us you value us as customers and show us that you can do better. Update was only today. Prove us that this game is not scam. FIX IT and people will thank you and continue to show their support with their subscription. Keep pushing us like sheep and many will leave.

This game will live or die by your decisions and your ability and willingness to communicate with us.

I like this update. It is finally nice to see more poses. I hope more M / F poses will follow to F / F or M / M. 

But I must also ask. Where are our collars?

Solen submitted them more than 3 weeks ago. Why are they still not here? Answers please. Everyone in community knows about them and we are waiting and waiting.

This is not only my rant. This is what everyone you ask in game that been here for long time will tell you. Please devs we love this game we want it to work. But you gotta do something for us too. Our wallets are finite

I agree with Riela in some points, but not in all. 

Surely it's not a nice attitude to get more money from your costumers by adding stuff you have to pay for. The excuse for paying for the option to invite friends or other players to your room is lame. Did it prevent anything? No!

Cold invites by random players are common already.

The point I'm not agreeing with Riela is that the game should be for free. I think some players on this planet are abusing those free to play games to bother other players. When you have to subscript and pay for it, those people think twice because 20€ are still lots of money. (for some at least)

So in my opinion (even if it sounds discriminatory) just a little part of people are paying this much money for a game. Those who want to have just sex and such without great roleplay will search other games after a short while. So only the "elite" will stay in 3dx. 

(I know it sounds harsh and such and I excuse at everyone who thinks different. This is just MY OWN ARROGANT OPINION. You have a different one, I'm doing fine with it  ;) )

You should give players/costumers the feeling of security in your game. Not in the meaning of protecting them, more that their money is worth to be spend for your company and the game. Make those long time memberships more attractive. I know many players who are paying the monthly subscription and not those you have to pay every 6 or 12 months.

Why is that the case? I think players don't trust that the game will be successfull to spend the whole 12 months membership at once. They might loose money if the game gets closed out of reasons we all don't know.

There were many decisions which made me think about quiting the game and I feel my patience is reaching its end. Not much is missing even I still think the potential and idea of the game is great. Just don't waste it like you're still doing it.

I think you have the skills to work on good stuff which don't need months of waiting. (see the beard which was added or also the first love island with fireworks in december last year. The patch was released withing 2 hours)

All those reasons make me think there is one thing missing. It's the interest in your costumers/community/players. Those people you are calling friends whenever you give an official statement or such.

It's not a behaviour how you should treat your friends.

i have rarely spoken here. Thanks for the new poses. at least there was an update, it seems like it has been some time. The cash grab sucked. sorry, But that's the way it is. Paying to hold a beer? those that do it, well, i guess, power to them. but lets see more poses and more clothes, collars and masks, and lets not keep finding new ways to bilk folks.

thanks,

Me

I wish to give you honest feedback. Feedback that is shared by many people here.

Your game is in BETA and have one of most expensive subscription of all games that exist, not only erotic ones but normal games as well such as WOW or any other mmo currently on market.

We are paying 19 euro per month. Many of us spent money on gifts as well, because we like to support game more and we wish for our friends and special ones to remember moments we shared together.

However you promised us big feature coming soon and that is reason for update delay.

So we use our money to support you and what we get in return? Feature that was created thanks to our money asking us for more money.

Now don't get me wrong drinks are requested feature and really popular one. But I must ask why it does cost gold? why?

Aren't we paying enough? Look at these topics we been giving you feedback for such long time. We want this game to work. We are going so far as giving you free help (such as submitting clothes/ hair  and wanting nothing in return)

Is it worth for you devs? How big is this community? 300 active people at best? Is it worth for you to milk 50 whales / people who are willing to pay for invites, beer and any upcoming features as well and loosing others in long time?

I just had friend who quit because of content of this update. She been here for 9 months, She gave you almost 200 euro on subscription and you just lost her many more will follow I am sure of it.

You also made my other friend angry. Friend who was willing to submit her 3D works for you so there's more content for this game and she wanted to do that for free.

Look at this huge outrage this have caused. It is full of negative feedback - world chat, local chat everyone complaining. How many people you want to quit?

Most of us are here because of people we like. DO you realize how easy is to pack up and go to SL for example? It is simple. It happened before with groups of people and it will happen again.

Me and many more people wont support this shady double dipping with our money and we wont stay long. You might get short term boost in money thanks to this ... month, two ... perhaps more and then you will realize how many people left because we just wont tolerate it.

What is next? Pay for rehashed poses? Pay for new furniture? Pay for ability to PM ?

You see, I am fine with paying for stuff but then drop subscription. DROP 20 euro per month. MAKE this game free and then we can talk about buying features with xgold. This is one of most, if not most expensive game on market with least amount of content possible.

Show us you value us as customers and show us that you can do better. Update was only today. Prove us that this game is not scam. FIX IT and people will thank you and continue to show their support with their subscription. Keep pushing us like sheep and many will leave.

This game will live or die by your decisions and your ability and willingness to communicate with us.

I like this update. It is finally nice to see more poses. I hope more M / F poses will follow to F / F or M / M. 

Solen submitted them more than 3 weeks ago. Why are they still not here? Answers please. Everyone in community knows about them and we are waiting and waiting.

This is not only my rant. This is what everyone you ask in game that been here for long time will tell you. Please devs we love this game we want it to work. But you gotta do something for us too. Our wallets are finite

Honestly... the fact that 3dx is starting to charge us additional money for items is appalling. And like Riela said above, if you MUST charge us to use additional features, they you MUST lower the subscription fee. Though I feel there should be some charge if only 5$. And that is simply to weed out the children from the adults to keep a subscription going. As of right now this game has two main features going for it. Amazing graphics, and a friendly caring community. Now anyone who has been here longer then a month, will tell you that the sexual poses "imagination wise" can only take you so far. The real fun and excitement comes from the individuals who are involved with one another in the game.

Honestly this is what I feel is going on right now. The games (sales wise) is doing sooooo poorly, that you are trying to make up scape every penny that you can out of us at this point. If that is true, then holy cow, throw this game up on Kickstarter, and get some donations to pave the road for 3-4 months of updates or enough to officially RELEASE the game. And there are many website to pool money from besides kickstarter.

All n all, you have dozens and dozens of people all posting the same if not similar things. It boils down to this ... is 3dx hurting for money, hence why this game does not seem like it gets the devs FULL attention. And if so, you guys really need to venture out there and find a sponsor, or throw this up on kickstarter to make some funds. Because the "want" is present, you just need to supply the "demand".

But If I am wrong and the game financially is doing well, then post up an official subscriber amount, and show us how many people are keeping the game up and running, prove to us this isnt just your part time gig. But I can gurantee you, if you pay more attention to us, and to developing this game, you could have a real winner here.

agree in all the ways....

Id say its simple ...

Either keep subscription and make all the stuff ingame free (like .. i dunno ... every other game ever)

OR

Cancel subscription and refund the money in form of Xgold ... and charge for ingame stuff.

Im well aware everyone is gonna be smarter than me but meh.

Honestly... the fact that 3dx is starting to charge us additional money for items is appalling. And like Riela said above, if you MUST charge us to use additional features, they you MUST lower the subscription fee. Though I feel there should be some charge if only 5$. And that is simply to weed out the children from the adults to keep a subscription going. As of right now this game has two main features going for it. Amazing graphics, and a friendly caring community. Now anyone who has been here longer then a month, will tell you that the sexual poses "imagination wise" can only take you so far. The real fun and excitement comes from the individuals who are involved with one another in the game.

Honestly this is what I feel is going on right now. The games (sales wise) is doing sooooo poorly, that you are trying to make up scape every penny that you can out of us at this point. If that is true, then holy cow, throw this game up on Kickstarter, and get some donations to pave the road for 3-4 months of updates or enough to officially RELEASE the game. And there are many website to pool money from besides kickstarter.

All n all, you have dozens and dozens of people all posting the same if not similar things. It boils down to this ... is 3dx hurting for money, hence why this game does not seem like it gets the devs FULL attention. And if so, you guys really need to venture out there and find a sponsor, or throw this up on kickstarter to make some funds. Because the "want" is present, you just need to supply the "demand".

But If I am wrong and the game financially is doing well, then post up an official subscriber amount, and show us how many people are keeping the game up and running, prove to us this isnt just your part time gig. But I can gurantee you, if you pay more attention to us, and to developing this game, you could have a real winner here.

Couldn't have said it better, Ali! It feels like the adding of additional charges in game is simply the incorrect response to something (whether it is low membership, high overhead, whatever).  I can say as a business owner who has made the mistake, jacking up prices or hiding fees without communicating with your clients is a recipe for disaster.  Bring someone in, whether it is an adviser or an investor, and get some help getting back on track.  This game could be a gold mine if you could get over the hump, and I don't see having to over-charge to get there or stay there.

Bring someone in, whether it is an adviser or an investor, and get some help getting back on track.

I think this point bears repeating, because there are literally tens of thousands of on-line games that have faced issues like these, and there are people out there with the expertise to create a business plan that will make 3DX a huge success. Actually, there are people on this forum who have demonstrated that they know how to make this business work. All you have to do is listen to them. That being said, there are three things that I think are crucial going forward.

1. Create a developer kit that will allow Users to create static content. Publicize this kit to the Users so that they understand what the quality requirements are and how they can create content for 3DXchat. Implement User-created content as much as possible. (And if you don't believe me, you seriously need to check out the other 3D-sites that have significant in-game economies based on User-created content.) 

2. Create a year-long business plan with a schedule that shows targets for both game content  and business performance. Publicize the schedule for content updates and commit to keeping that schedule.

3. Find someone (preferably a native speaker of English) to serve as a liaison on this forum between the Devs and the Users. Let that person prepare daily or weekly summaries for the Devs to read of what the players are saying and then let that person prepare weekly responses from the Devs to the Users. Also, let that person edit all your English-language advertising copy to ensure that there is no more false advertising. In short, you really need to make an effort to communicate more effectively with your Users.

I have felt this way almost since the first time I played the game. The people here for the most part are great. Sure, you get the occasional jerk, but that's to be expected. I have to say I only stuck around this long because of the people here. it is nice conversing with adults and not some 15 year old idiot who calls everyone a noob. The community is adult and we communicate as such. Still, I cannot ignore the issues with lack of content and the lack of communication with the dev staff. It feels like even when we get an update, we don't get any real information on the additional content - no real patch notes. It is because of this that I am halting my sub on this game. It sucks because I do enjoy the company. The sex part of the game is nice, but the conversations I have is what keeps me coming back. I have met some really great people here, but there comes a point when a message has to be sent. If the dev team will not react to our posts, they can react to a little less money in their pockets. 

I do not dislike the devs. Sincerely, I don't. It just feels like there isn't much communication. It seriously needs to improve. I will check back though to see if things have gotten better. Thank you all for a great experience and hopefully I will talk to you all again. 

3. Find someone (preferably a native speaker of English) to serve as a liaison on this forum between the Devs and the Users. Let that person prepare daily or weekly summaries for the Devs to read of what the players are saying and then let that person prepare weekly responses from the Devs to the Users. Also, let that person edit all your English-language advertising copy to ensure that there is no more false advertising. In short, you really need to make an effort to communicate more effectively with your Users.

Not to bring up a past dead issue. But perhaps offer a position to someone as forum moderator / admin , or how ever you want to reword it, and have them be a liaison  for the developers. Give that person or person's free membership, and allow them to post weekly / daily / hourly who cares updates, and keep us informed as to what is being worked on. Even if its something small, im sure the public would still love to read about it.