#21 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

hit me but my opinion is: 3dx is just not the best plattform for RP as you have way too less possibilies regarding your look(s)/avi customization, your room design (and btw: we can only design our own avi and rooms here a bit), etc pp.

Some might say: I don't need that for great RP and I am fine with that opinion. Thing is: the above mentioned points are putting lots of additional life and intensity into RP.

But not complaining. 3dx has its good sides and bad sides like every social/virtual plattform.

• FBSF87, Veronique, tinanude and 1 other like this

#22 meilyn

meilyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

Oli, my dear :)

Glad to hear you again *kisses*

Are there better platforms for RP?

I would love to make my body shape more realistic and unique.

• FBSF87 and Veronique like this

#23 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Mei :)

*smiling brightly* *kisssses*

• FBSF87 and Veronique like this

#24 Veronique

Veronique

☠ President FoA MC ☠

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

hit me but my opinion is: 3dx is just not the best plattform for RP as you have way too less possibilies regarding your look(s)/avi customization, your room design (and btw: we can only design our own avi and rooms here a bit), etc pp.

Some might say: I don't need that for great RP and I am fine with that opinion. Thing is: the above mentioned points are putting lots of additional life and intensity into RP.

But not complaining. 3dx has its good sides and bad sides like every social/virtual plattform.

I agree Oli :)

still you asked for it, so...

*hits you while smiling evil*

• OliU likes this

#25 meilyn

meilyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

I would want highly beg and suggest to the devs:

Simply add room profiles/descriptions to game.

So one could host a room and descripe it is made for RP in the room profile.

Would not solve any issues around RP but would be a big beginning.

So I would write to my room:

This room is for role players. Any kind of interaction here is meant to be RP.

Whatever you do here, is to read as RP.

Feel free to enjoy yourself in your play :-)

• ChiK73, OliU, Veronique and 1 other like this

#26 violetvv

violetvv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the US

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

I RP myself, but it's a version of myself where I actually do the things I fantasize about.  So it's NOT me, not really, not by a long shot.  So of course I lie.  A LOT of people lie, and it's totally fine with me.  If someone has a picture on their profile, and even if I clearly know that it couldn't possibly be them, I still play along, I compliment the pictures and talk to them as if.  

So I don't think you need to give a people a heads up or any kind of notice that it isn't you really in the photographs, or that the nineteen year old you say you are isn't really you.  It DOESN'T matter!  It shouldn't at least, not in this platform.  It's a sex game to have pretend fun with [hopefully] like minded people, not a dating site like you mentioned.  You can treat it as one, if you like, but I state in my profile very clearly that this isn't something I'm looking for.  This is just anonymous fun.  For me at least.

• ChiK73 and gammareh like this

#27 meilyn

meilyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Of course my roles are at different age, very rarely different sex (i tried to be a male ava, but that didnt work out fine), different body shape.

I tinker around with different personalities and how it would feel to be such a woman, girl. How it feels if I would look like this way (thats why the profile pics from internet) and if I would be attractive.

How it would be if I would have this character and and and

• OliU and RandyS like this

#28 gammareh

gammareh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location777, Ocean Drive

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

To lie.

How I hate this verb in 3dx ( violetv: no offense meant ! :)   )

Yes, of course I lie ! I tried to make my avi close to my real self, but honestly: I would kill to have a body like that!!

No, my eyes are not that emerald green. No, my breast don't peek out as if gravity did not exist. No, I can't change my hairdo from long to short and back to long again in an instant.

So, I'm lying all day anyway :-)

you know what? if somebody is offended by me not being my real me, then this is entirely his or her problem. Nowhere in my profile is written that my avi is the spitting image of my real self. Neither visually nor emotionally.

back to RP: I like Mei's ideas. And I think that if we wait for the dev's to come out with something, then we'll have to wait for yet another century.

So, what's left is the idea, our own imagination and the possibilities that 3dx gives us. OliU may be right (aren't you nearly always ? :-)))    ), but I still think that it's just a question of doing something instead of waiting for somebody to do something.

• ChiK73, OliU and violetvv like this

#29 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

To lie.

How I hate this verb in 3dx ( violetv: no offense meant ! :)   )

Yes, of course I lie ! I tried to make my avi close to my real self, but honestly: I would kill to have a body like that!!

No, my eyes are not that emerald green. No, my breast don't peek out as if gravity did not exist. No, I can't change my hairdo from long to short and back to long again in an instant.

So, I'm lying all day anyway :-)

you know what? if somebody is offended by me not being my real me, then this is entirely his or her problem. Nowhere in my profile is written that my avi is the spitting image of my real self. Neither visually nor emotionally.

back to RP: I like Mei's ideas. And I think that if we wait for the dev's to come out with something, then we'll have to wait for yet another century.

So, what's left is the idea, our own imagination and the possibilities that 3dx gives us. OliU may be right (aren't you nearly always ? :-)))    ), but I still think that it's just a question of doing something instead of waiting for somebody to do something.

im just going to touch on this lie thing, then bow out because not a huge rper.  depends on what you call a lie. some will set out to mind fuck people and hide behind the : i am rping" banner when in all actuality thats not what they are doing at all. its just a convenient excuse when they get caught. as far as waiting for anything rp related, good luck with that... you would be better off doing something yourselves

• OliU and gammareh like this

#30 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

going to add one thing, that wasnt a negitive post. I have some friends who are RPers and it is very impressive. Not the run of the mill sexual RP but it in general. I have watched it before and its very good, i just dont have the skill to do it myself so i wish you guys the best 

#31 Nevah

Nevah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:25 PM

Hey there,

I'm one of those who not only prefer, but exclusively do RP ingame. From my own experience I can approve that roleplayers became rare. A lot of those who did in the past are gone and most of the new players don't care about. The number of people in 'no chat' rooms is increasing and RP rooms are rare to see nowadays. 

It's a little sad and some friends and me thought about doing something about it, unfortunately we didn't manage to gather enough time. 

I just can encourage everyone to try! Roleplay can be incredible exciting and no silly animation can ever replace a well written descriptive text. Of course we're all different and not everyone is able to express things like this, or even likes to read huge text blocks. Still, after all I've seen in the last two years I'd say immersive roleplay is by far more rewarding than anything. And it doesn't matter if you RP yourself or someone completely else.

I've never been much into ERP scenarios, for me it's the progressive character design, decisions and regarding consequences that make the fun. But that doesn't mean those two things can't be combined. One serious roleplayer and one who joins the game for a single evening can still be a lot of fun. And even I do ERP, just inside of my character, which actually means I do RP within RP. :)

No matter if you're the silent pose-hopper or the RP geek, I wish you all lots of fun in our crazy little world!

Best,

Nevah

• FrenchKiss likes this

#32 Nosferata

Nosferata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationA dark, cold, misty island in the middle of nowhere.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:04 AM

Agreed. RP players are be comming harder and harder to come by these days. However, some of us are holding on strong to our characters. Sometimes we just need the right motivation.

I myself try to stay in character. However, when someone approaches me with a "Hey bb" or just a simple "hi", then I respond with something in character and all I get in return is "u wan 2 fuk" ... well, sorry but I lost interest. This doesn't happen all the time but it just gets some of us out of character and we become "normal". Whatever that is 😋. Not to mention that RP sometimes doesn't always involve sex and that frustrates some.

Point is, we're still here but sometimes we need to be coaxed. Anyway, good luck with the RP search!!
  • FrenchKiss likes this

#33 AmberS

AmberS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:24 PM

I've never been a RP myself... maybe cause I like my real personality too much  :rolleyes: Or simply cause my brain just doesn't work that way. However I think that you might want to distinguish descriptive time and RP. Not necessary being descriptive means RP as well. Although if someone introduces himself as RP characters, I am always curious and try to support his or her story.

#34 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

Hey there,

I'm one of those who not only prefer, but exclusively do RP ingame. From my own experience I can approve that roleplayers became rare. A lot of those who did in the past are gone and most of the new players don't care about. The number of people in 'no chat' rooms is increasing and RP rooms are rare to see nowadays. 

It's a little sad and some friends and me thought about doing something about it, unfortunately we didn't manage to gather enough time. 

I just can encourage everyone to try! Roleplay can be incredible exciting and no silly animation can ever replace a well written descriptive text. Of course we're all different and not everyone is able to express things like this, or even likes to read huge text blocks. Still, after all I've seen in the last two years I'd say immersive roleplay is by far more rewarding than anything. And it doesn't matter if you RP yourself or someone completely else.

I've never been much into ERP scenarios, for me it's the progressive character design, decisions and regarding consequences that make the fun. But that doesn't mean those two things can't be combined. One serious roleplayer and one who joins the game for a single evening can still be a lot of fun. And even I do ERP, just inside of my character, which actually means I do RP within RP. :)

No matter if you're the silent pose-hopper or the RP geek, I wish you all lots of fun in our crazy little world!

Best,

Nevah

these no chat rooms are actually all chat. i went into a few to see what the hell was the big deal about them. chatting was about the only thing that was going on

#35 Nevah

Nevah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:55 PM

I don't really think there is much difference between being descriptive and roleplay. You're not physically there, all you can do is to describe actions and guess what a possible reaction could be, describing it as well. That's already roleplay, even if you just 'play' your own self. You can add fantasy, sci-fy, a different background story, change your hair color ... or nothing at all. What you're doing remains the same. Two or more people use nothing but the written word to create an exciting experience. A story, set up by more than just one mind.

I'd be a rather extreme example of course, packed with everything from sci-fy to fantasy. And still I meet a lot of people who're completely casual, vanilla if you like.

The photographer who never did anything but to use his 'job' to hook up nice girls ... Let's meet him, maybe to ask him to take some pictures from my newly collared girl. He wouldn't know, or expect anything unusual to happen, all he does is his thing, describing how he takes the first shots. I could just keep things there, have a regular encounter, never mentioning anything unnatural. But that wouldn't be me, right? So I'll do something unexpected, something this photographer has never seen before ... He may be surprised, shocked, maybe even scared ... but also excited, intrigued ... and then I'll give him something he'll seriously never forget. 

Was he real? His job? His hair color? Who cares?

It's been a fascinating evening, three people sharing about 5 hours packed with wonderful, exciting descriptive play. That's what I am here for.

• FrenchKiss, Urren, Kirann and 1 other like this

#36 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:41 PM

I think this is  the case with a lot guys because we are generally very visual whereas a lot females are more into the word aspects.  as Nik  has said "all you really need for good rp is a chat box"

#37 gammareh

gammareh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

hm, descriptive and roleplay. For me they're not the same.

Although I'm probably more into visual than most girls, descriptive sex is a must. After all, it describes what graphics is not able to provide.

Roleplay, however, should always be something more than the ordinary for me. What I'm trying to say is, that descriptive can go without roleplay, whereas roleplay is impossible without descriptive skills.

• OliU, AmberS and RandyS like this

#38 OliU

OliU

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Location6 feet under

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

I think this is  the case with a lot guys because we are generally very visual whereas a lot females are more into the word aspects.  as Nik  has said "all you really need for good rp is a chat box"

Not sure if we can say that in general.

I did RP for a long time by messenger only and still do from time to time by messenger only...but:

If I would have 2 options and 1 is pure messenger and the other 1 let's say is text plus great and fitting looks and outfits, great building/area/place, fitting poses.. etc. pp..I would always prefer that second option ofc.

2nd option is not a must have but a very good and supporting nice to have :)

• FBSF87 and gammareh like this

#39 RobT

RobT

Troll Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:29 PM

I did RP for a long time by messenger only and still do from time to time by messenger only...but:

If I would have 2 options and 1 is pure messenger and the other 1 let's say is text plus great and fitting looks and outfits, great building/area/place, fitting poses.. etc. pp..I would always prefer that second option ofc.

but you are male so kind of reinforces my point. If a large number of females said this then i get it.

• OliU likes this

#40 gammareh

gammareh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

Which brings us back to 3dx, where we have good graphics and a chat box (unfortunately only one) :-)))

@Rob: I can claim for myself that the graphics is a nice option. I had tremendous fun in 3dx with and without making use of it, though.

• OliU likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users