Next: Open for friends option

• Chilles, brun, OpalShadow and 1 other like this

#22 lululle

lululle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

can you make music in room ? clip on tv ?

• gizmo likes this

#23 brun

brun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for listing/sorting by amount of people in a room

On the top left of our screen it shows who we are partnered with at the time, is it possible to use that area to have a list of users in the room? Just names, nothing special. When I'm not in freecam, with how my room is set up sometimes I don't have good angles to look at the spawn, and dont notice people joining or moving around in that area.

#24 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

Scallywag and Rapscallion Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

It would be really nice if you could close the room without kicking the people who are already in the room out. 

• WadeB and ArachneMW like this

#25 Guest_Suikazura_*

Guest_Suikazura_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Update: Added sorting rooms by players.

Next: Open for friends option

The problem with "Open for friends" is if you are with a group. Some are friends, some are friends of friends, but not all are on your friends list. In this scenario this option wouldn't work well. Though I do think this is a logical addition to the current public room options menu.

It would be really nice if you could close the room without kicking the people who are already in the room out. 

This would be maybe the best solution. The ability to open the room to the public, have everyone going move to your home, then close the home to any additional people coming in, but have the people currently there, stay.

Some ability to kick out anyone who you didn't want to be there should also be an option, with this system. It isn't really a problem with the "open to friends" option. If a friend shows up that wasn't "invited", they should be courteous enough to leave if asked (like a male friend shows up to an all girls party :D ).

A third option might be the ability to "open to group". Meaning everyone currently in your group chat window would receive an invite or be given access to your home. This way as others join the group chat, they would also be given access to your home (a friend's friend comes on, they leave and add them to the group chat, then both can come back to the home).

• gizmo likes this

#26 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 712 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

PoBBozmS.jpg

"Open for friends" option added. Now we discuss the ideas that will be added the next.

• Venom, pashion and Vonseige like this

#27 Alrood

Alrood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

Just a note on the new implementation of the User Rooms list, there seems to be a small bug where you can't scroll through  other available user rooms that's situated on the bottom of the list at the moment, thus only being able to access and join rooms that are on the top of the list.

• gizmo likes this

#28 gizmo

gizmo

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 712 posts
  • Location3DXChat

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Added Open for group option. Scroll bug fixed.

Thinking about next features:

Lock room - close room but without disconnecting players.

Kick player - for the room owners.

• Jola, Venom, Sage Stoner and 6 others like this

#29 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

Just want to say that the developers' timely response to all our suggestions has been awesome. The group chat and user room features are a great improvement.

I do have one further request, though, and that is for some guidelines on how objects affect both client and server performance and what to do about the "bouncing titties" effect and other consequences of having too many objects or too many people in a room.

I'm sure this will vary depending on each players computer, so it might require a survey of issues that players are finding, but, for example, I did find that removing all the plants from my room helps the ladies' breasts . . . um . . . calm down. 

#30 brun

brun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

Just want to say that the developers' timely response to all our suggestions has been awesome. The group chat and user room features are a great improvement.

I do have one further request, though, and that is for some guidelines on how objects affect both client and server performance and what to do about the "bouncing titties" effect and other consequences of having too many objects or too many people in a room.

I'm sure this will vary depending on each players computer, so it might require a survey of issues that players are finding, but, for example, I did find that removing all the plants from my room helps the ladies' breasts . . . um . . . calm down. 

It has to do with the physics on the breasts, they have hilarious things happen when you lay/sit repeatedly. Doesn't have anything to do with objects in the room as it happens in completely bare rooms, and everything to do with how the breasts are animated/coded.

#31 Sage Stoner

Sage Stoner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • LocationTokyo Japan

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:36 AM

Doesn't have anything to do with objects in the room as it happens in completely bare rooms, and everything to do with how the breasts are animated/coded.

You might be right, but the point of my comment is that this is precisely the kind of thing that ought to be documented in one place. 

#32 mutsumi

mutsumi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Let people "pop" in the room by the door please(as like "bot" characters). Its more realistic and less disturbing I think.

#33 LEKS

LEKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationRussia, Sochi

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Sometimes game has been crashing in User rooms, need fix this 

#34 Hobbes09

Hobbes09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

This is a tricky subject, because I believe this is the thing that could best open the game up from what it is, but only if handled correctly.  It's no great secret that options are limited right now, but one of the easiest ways I believe this game, and similar titles, can grow is by allowing the user to create.  Otherwise you set very recognizable limits and things will, inevitably, become stale.

So what do I mean by opening rooms up?  Well, I mean creating something of a toolset for players to utilize.  Allow the community to basically create the clubs and locations and improve them and compete with one another for quality.  This would mean allowing placement of walls and decisions on the size of those walls, texture mapping  and adjustments, many more furniture options, background options, lighting effects, perhaps even NPC placement and importing things outside the game. This would be enormous if handled correctly and could liven the nature of the game completely.

• Maxxim likes this

#35 Alayaya

Alayaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGood question >.>

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

This is a tricky subject, because I believe this is the thing that could best open the game up from what it is, but only if handled correctly.  It's no great secret that options are limited right now, but one of the easiest ways I believe this game, and similar titles, can grow is by allowing the user to create.  Otherwise you set very recognizable limits and things will, inevitably, become stale.

So what do I mean by opening rooms up?  Well, I mean creating something of a toolset for players to utilize.  Allow the community to basically create the clubs and locations and improve them and compete with one another for quality.  This would mean allowing placement of walls and decisions on the size of those walls, texture mapping  and adjustments, many more furniture options, background options, lighting effects, perhaps even NPC placement and importing things outside the game. This would be enormous if handled correctly and could liven the nature of the game completely.

I think this would be a long term project, but one that would be well worth looking into.  If built up correctly it introduces not just competition (which breeds quality) it also allows an individual's imagination to be the limit.  Hopefully something like this is someday implemented.

#36 Tanyatranny

Tanyatranny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

It's an interesting idea Hobbes, but if I see the metric tonne of user generated CRAP on IMVU I think a curated environment is needed for this sort of thing.

#37 Hobbes09

Hobbes09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

This is true.  Most of the content WOULD be bad, and that's a dramatic understatement.  However, that is how it is for most things.  Movies, books, games, the are all saturated with undeniable CRAP.  But there's also goo to be found as well, and ways to promote that good for others to enjoy and share.  For example, adding a favorite's bar to easily navigate to locations you most enjoy, and to find new locations there could be a ratings bar to highlight popular user locales as well as freshly created hotspots or even locations sorted by the users who created them.  Would this completely filter out the crap?  No.  But it would help promote the hard work, give motivation to succeed, and the like.

#38 brun

brun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:09 AM

POLES AND MUSIC IN USER ROOMS OH GOD YES

Edit: Please give updated client download in members area, 3 patches behind and breaking. Sent logs in email.

• gizmo likes this

#39 LEKS

LEKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationRussia, Sochi

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

Thank you dear devs for music in home and poles too, cool update! 

• gizmo likes this

#40 Hudson

Hudson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Totally agree with LEKS, music in rooms is a great addition, so many channels!, along with the poles this is a great update.

• gizmo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users