#41 SayaX

SayaX

Penguinologist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationHogwarts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

And unity 5  is optimized for Windows 7 / and 10 =)

(C# code is better it's my opinion ^.^)

Mmmmm. C# is sexy code  :wub: . The best thing Microsoft ever did!

• Alexandrien likes this

#42 FrenchTouchs

FrenchTouchs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:28 AM

Mmmmm. C# is sexy code  :wub: . The best thing Microsoft ever did!

Sure but in Unity 5

The code is really really really really optimized

#43 Cordelia

Cordelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:29 AM

SayakoSub said...

The best thing Microsoft ever did!

Well, apart from write code for Apple, without which we may never have had Windows.

#44 Lynnibree

Lynnibree

~♥~ Funny Bunny ~♥~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationOasis Mirage~

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:30 AM

I think a lot of the tension just rises from  the lack of communication. 

Ite nice to see gizmo and ash posting,  making an effort to talk things out. 

Theres a reason PR department exists  and for game companies that means more so forum communication. 

To be silent for so long will cause fallout with customers/users/players. 

Please just talk to us,  ash as  your mouthpiece if need be.  I cant speak for everyone,   but I know I just want to know whats going on. 

I don't know if this unity 5 update will be worth it,  but I can certainly say the money to content ratio is not anywhere  close where it needs to be. The updates we have had,  a new club and a few new poses,  mostly just old ones being made for other pairings,  this is not 20 dollars a month worth of content. 

Yes,  there are many people who liven the game up,  but the game feels so bare compared to anything else in regards to the core content of the game. This is just how it comes off to me.  I am not a developer.  I have only ever played an abundance of mmos.  Even the games with the most content  to offer are only 15 a month.  This game does not offer anywhere near the  same amount.

Please dont think of my post as an attack,  I love this game and I want to see it improve,  but 20 a month for a glorified chatroom with very limited updates so far?  I feel like im being slapped in the face,  especially with the lack of communication.  

I eagerly await the new unity update and I hope it really changes things for the better.

-shrugs- this is just the opinion of this dumb bunny.

• sebastien, Pierrousss, Riela and 2 others like this

#45 Claritysin

Claritysin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationThisPlace

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:33 AM

Give them time ppl.   We so wish to updates but they do take time to develop.   The holidays and testing time and revision.  I am sure they are working on it

#46 Lynnibree

Lynnibree

~♥~ Funny Bunny ~♥~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationOasis Mirage~

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:34 AM

Give them time ppl.   We so wish to updates but they do take time to develop.   The holidays and testing time and revision.  I am sure they are working on it

They have had lots of time. 

#47 Cordelia

Cordelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:35 AM

Honest, Lynni, I didn't "like" your post because you suggested you were a dumb bunny :)

• Riela likes this

#48 Lynnibree

Lynnibree

~♥~ Funny Bunny ~♥~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationOasis Mirage~

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:34 AM

Honest, Lynni, I didn't "like" your post because you suggested you were a dumb bunny :)

Having a bad day, I tend to take it out on myself, sorry.

I did try to be as polite as possible in my post though yuh.

• JessicaX likes this

#49 Ashbash

Ashbash

🎀  𝒯𝓎𝓅𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝐵𝓇𝒾𝓉  🎀

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:12 AM

Hello Lynnibree!

Do not worry I do not see your post as an attack! I appreciate your post as it is polite. :) And hopefully I'll shed a bit of light on your post for you from what I know.

Indeed, speculation from many users think the Unity 5 Engine at first won't be worth it. And I can understand that, as people think "It's just going to be a visual upgrade." Indeed where that may be true in some part, it is not the full story.

So, the reason why many updates aren't being released from what I can workout and understand, specifically clothing in the past couple months and such since after the tights, is because with Unity 5 the engine uses a whole different type of render system, known as Physical Based Rendering. Which is a much improved rendering system and most AAA games out there use this method as their industry standard of rendering, it adds more realism and much smoother lighting effects. Avoids all the blotchy lighting effects and such and weird blocky shadows despite them being at a hi-res and improved graphical shading.

Now the upgrade to Unity 5 is a big one, it may not seem like it from a consumers point of view especially with the $20 per single month fee, but what upgrading to the new engine involves is having to remake the materials and textures from scratch to support the PBR system (Physical Based Render) So they are having to remake everything and if they release more clothing items, it will involve having to remake them to the PBR system, which in essence is making them twice. So for example if you made a pair of jeans to use Unity 4's rendering tech, it will look how it does now and still look pretty good based up on your skill with modelling and meshing. But then having to have your jeans in the new engine, you will need to remake the textures and materials again from scratch to support PBR else they may just come up as a horrid texture-less model or a nice glitched green model (Similar to the roof on our homes. Not entirely sure if it's true, it's just an estimation of what may happen. But I know it won't be how it should look like.). So if you released a lot of content and then an upgrade to Unity 5 is on the horizon it will be non-practical to remake it, so instead, just make it for the PBR render and wait for that update, which will give you more clothing choices when the engine has come. Because more time will then be spent making new clothing options rather than having to make the ones that you just made, then remake them within a month of one another, whereas the time will be better spent on making new clothing.

New male clothing is coming in this update on one of the updated weeks as well from what I gather, which is a long overdue update, as many will agree with, indeed it may not be to everyone's tastes as some want their poses as I have seen from some posts in this thread, but others would like other things etc... So things will have to be done in a rotating fashion, example, spending time to release some poses, then another time, spent on making systems in the game, then another time, making clothing and other types of apparel to make the avis look more unique. Then other times will be locations, etc. And it will be a forever rotating cycle to please each and every person here.

Indeed many people use the $20 a month motive when they discuss content or lack there-of, but if you bought the 1 year sub for example it will work out to be only $7.66 per month. And if you got it during the Holiday Sale, even less per month. ^_^ Which is less than most MMOs out there etc, but of course the $91.95 price tag in one payment is very scary. ^_^ But I do agree even then it may seem that you're paying for the game and nothing happening, but I do recall Lisa making a post awhile back saying you pay for access rather than content, but yeah, I don't know.

But on a more serious matter, the migration to Unity 5 is requiring the devs to re-write all the scripts in the game, re-do all the materials, re-baking of the textures, having to rebuild all lighting in every location and homes, including the lighting that is projected from the Radio, TV, Light sources, Cubes as well as global illumination etc... As well as all the wallpapers and carpets and such having to be remade for the PBR system and the textures of the furniture and such, redoing all the shaders, which are included of the Cum shader, Makeup shaders, Skin and Skin Tone shading, Lighting Shading etc... In essence they are almost needing to rebuild the whole game. Minus the models of things as they are a universal format that both Unity 4 and Unity 5 support so they don't need to be redone.

But yes I do agree content has slowed down significantly and I feel in my own opinion and this is my of own personal opinion guys ^_^ that things will be done faster once the Unity 5 engine is out as it will make sense, as it's easier to function with, than Unity 4 and it's a lot more stable and clean, code wise. As FrenchTouch said above, is the devs will be switching more to C# where as at the moment the game is a mix between C# code and JavaScript code. Which can cause some unnecessary extra calculations that slow load times of things, and cause load bugs when the two code types work together, although are very similar, use different code commands and parameters to each other which requires extra processing which isn't really needed and can under certain circumstances cause code interference and clashes. It's why it's best to stick to one particular code type, and maybe use another for things that will not clash with other mechanics.

As I say, you can expect *If circumstances are good and it's best case scenario* the Unity 5 update will begin rolling out in March. And you have seen Lisa post an image of the shader changes and such which shows they are actively working on the Unity 5 upgrade. But from what Gizmo has said as well it seems there may be some updates between now and the beginning of the Unity 5 upgrade, so there will be some updates. But I do agree profoundly though about communication with the Devs and Users needs to be improved up on, so I'll see what can be done with that!

Kindest Regards

Ash

• Lysbeth, Eraphia, FrenchTouchs and 2 others like this

#50 Lynnibree

Lynnibree

~♥~ Funny Bunny ~♥~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationOasis Mirage~

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:23 AM

I thank you for the response Ash, I really do hope this unity 5 thing really turns out to be all that it is hyped up to be.

I do have a concern though. 

We pay for access, not content?

What?

With all due respect this is a rather egotistical point of view.

We pay for access to a glorified chatroom but are not entitled to more content for the price we pay?

I'm really having a hard time understanding this sort of justification as nothing more than misplaced narcissism.

Not that any narcissism is well placed, but that really feels a poor opinion to have and I really really hope that's not how the devs see us.

I love 3dx, but it's not perfect and the way it is now, is not worth 20 a month, especially for just 'access'.

If it's just access, they really need to lower the bar there.

Browser games have more content than this, come on now.

Again, not trying to attack, just this bunny's opinion.

• Riela and xMaceyx like this

#51 Ashbash

Ashbash

🎀  𝒯𝓎𝓅𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝐵𝓇𝒾𝓉  🎀

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:26 AM

Lol not to worry I don't see it as attacks. :) But it is from what I have read, and have seen what other people have brought up over time as well when they read it. Not sure if it still stands now or what, no clue. ^_^

#52 Riela

Riela

Inactive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:29 AM

I thank you for the response Ash, I really do hope this unity 5 thing really turns out to be all that it is hyped up to be.

I do have a concern though. 

We pay for access, not content?

What?

With all due respect this is a rather egotistical point of view.

We pay for access to a glorified chatroom but are not entitled to more content for the price we pay?

I'm really having a hard time understanding this sort of justification as nothing more than misplaced narcissism.

Not that any narcissism is well placed, but that really feels a poor opinion to have and I really really hope that's not how the devs see us.

I love 3dx, but it's not perfect and the way it is now, is not worth 20 a month, especially for just 'access'.

If it's just access, they really need to lower the bar there.

Browser games have more content than this, come on now.

Again, not trying to attack, just this bunny's opinion.

Its excuse from old mmos in 1998 - 2002 where servers were expensive as hell. It's excuse. People ran 5000 wow pop servers in 2005 in their home basements.

yes that's sounds negative I am aware of that, and it's not attack its my own opinion, it's not positive but it is what it is.

As for ash post... well it.. looks nice but it's also says don't expect anything for this year and if it turn worst case there will be barely anything in 2016. I am Mistaken?

Also you can't say that game is cheap the sale lasted less than month and year have 12 months.

Most people have no chance to buy it on sale, as well paying year for product which you just wrote we cannot be sure will even have as many updates in 2016 as it had last year. Is bit scary.

I mean new engine, is lots of work don't get me mistaken, It's not that I don't appreciate it, but people kinda want to see content now, not in 2017.

But the lack of content and effort and it will be speed up. I think we been hearing for past 2 years too and so far nothing <_<

Again I didn't used anything to make attack, just stated things that were said in past.

#53 Ashbash

Ashbash

🎀  𝒯𝓎𝓅𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝐵𝓇𝒾𝓉  🎀

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:31 AM

@Riela, where did you get that info from, from my post? The best case scenario is how soon the Unity5 update will be released. There will be updates regardless, but that is a big one. And it will begin rolling out in March if all goes well and no snags are hit, lol.

• Alexandrien likes this

#54 Riela

Riela

Inactive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:35 AM

@Riela, where did you get that info from, from my post? The best case scenario is how soon the Unity5 update will be released. There will be updates regardless, but that is a big one. And it will begin rolling out in March if all goes well and no snags are hit, lol.

You said best case scenario, so I replied with worst case scenario. Colour pallete was promised to come out in 2 weeks... took 4 months to roll out, other features like that too. So I am not going to assume best case scenario but worst case.

Even in best case scenario as you said, It really sound like there will be barely any new content due to porting of the old one for very long time. I am not native english speaker but that's how i interpreted your last 2 posts.

Devs reworking everything and new content will be after. which might at best middle to end 2016.

#55 Ashbash

Ashbash

🎀  𝒯𝓎𝓅𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝐵𝓇𝒾𝓉  🎀

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:39 AM

I see, no no that is not what it was written of at all. It is the best case of the beginning release of the Unity 5 update that many have asked about and looking forward to and there was not much info about it until now. The best case - worst case is of the launch of the Unity 5 upgrade itself, not of other content. I don't know what other content is being made, except of what is being worked on and such of the Unity5, which will add additions of course, new engine, new mechanics and all that jazz. As I say, only specific materials and such will need to be remade, for the new engine, of course other things are worked on, else we wouldn't of gotten those 2 poses last month, lol.

#56 Riela

Riela

Inactive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:46 AM

I see, no no that is not what it was written of at all. It is the best case of the beginning release of the Unity 5 update that many have asked about and looking forward to and there was not much info about it until now. The best case - worst case is of the launch of the Unity 5 upgrade itself, not of other content. I don't know what other content is being made, except of what is being worked on and such of the Unity5, which will add additions of course, new engine, new mechanics and all that jazz. As I say, only specific materials and such will need to be remade, for the new engine, of course other things are worked on, else we wouldn't of gotten those 2 poses last month, lol.

I do know how hard is to rework this whole thing.
I am just saying that me and about 5 to 6 even including native english speakers interpreted your post ( we discussed in game and on hangouts) as something saying like " there might be small updates maybe once per month with something little, but during this whole way the unity 5 will roll all content will be reworked and afterwards they can focus on new releases " that's how your post sounded to me and those 6 others I talked about.

Which is why your two posts instead of assuring me, scared me that there will be even less content this year. Perhaps more in long run when the game is fully on new engine, but less until the whole porting is done which can be.. well sometimes during this year.

I apologize but that's how your two big walls sounded.

#57 Cordelia

Cordelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:57 AM

I know nothing, except how to Google...

How long did it take to port Rust to Unity 5?

It was probably about two hours, there wasn’t really much to it. 

from... http://blogs.unity3d...d-rust-journey/

...and I certainly don't know what Rust is, although you can read about it here...

https://playrust.com/

Perhaps it is less complex than 3DXChat. I'll read it sometime. ;)

#58 Riela

Riela

Inactive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:01 AM

...and I certainly don't know what Rust is, although you can read about it here...

http://store.steampo...com/app/252490/

here you go darling

#59 Lynnibree

Lynnibree

~♥~ Funny Bunny ~♥~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationOasis Mirage~

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:01 AM

Rust is a hardcore survival multiplayer game. It consists of naked dicks, building shelter and killing each other with rocks. It has far more content than 3dx but also relies on the multiplayer experience, however there is actual things to do in the game. It also has a lot of exposed dick too.

• Riela likes this

#60 Riela

Riela

Inactive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:20 AM

I actually read the whole thing you posted and this was at the end of the post

Of course, if you want to use the new shader system and stuff, you’ve got to actually go through all your content and update the materials and everything. If you want it to  look like Unity 4, you just update and it works.

So basically, from it, they can make the game look same and port it instantly, or make the game look better and rework everything like 3DX is doing right now.

Now I am torn on this issue. I don't think devs are in position where they should be reworking  the whole game up due to lack of the content on the other hand it might be better to cut your loses and rework the game now instead of years down the line.

Still we have no idea if this graphic update will look good or not. We didn't see previews yet except new layer of cum and well glossy lips. I hope it pays for them in long run because I think the active player base even when the room are full, is still small compared to 3 years development cicle, and compared to achat / sl.

• Ashbash likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: record, updates, nothing, devs, lazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users