3DXChat Community

new record ?

Jowey M

I thank you for the response Ash, I really do hope this unity 5 thing really turns out to be all that it is hyped up to be.

I do have a concern though. 

We pay for access, not content?

What?

With all due respect this is a rather egotistical point of view.

We pay for access to a glorified chatroom but are not entitled to more content for the price we pay?

I'm really having a hard time understanding this sort of justification as nothing more than misplaced narcissism.

Not that any narcissism is well placed, but that really feels a poor opinion to have and I really really hope that's not how the devs see us.

I love 3dx, but it's not perfect and the way it is now, is not worth 20 a month, especially for just 'access'.

If it's just access, they really need to lower the bar there.

Browser games have more content than this, come on now.

Again, not trying to attack, just this bunny's opinion.

Its excuse from old mmos in 1998 - 2002 where servers were expensive as hell. It's excuse. People ran 5000 wow pop servers in 2005 in their home basements.

yes that's sounds negative I am aware of that, and it's not attack its my own opinion, it's not positive but it is what it is.

As for ash post... well it.. looks nice but it's also says don't expect anything for this year and if it turn worst case there will be barely anything in 2016. I am Mistaken?

Also you can't say that game is cheap the sale lasted less than month and year have 12 months.

Most people have no chance to buy it on sale, as well paying year for product which you just wrote we cannot be sure will even have as many updates in 2016 as it had last year. Is bit scary.

I mean new engine, is lots of work don't get me mistaken, It's not that I don't appreciate it, but people kinda want to see content now, not in 2017.

But the lack of content and effort and it will be speed up. I think we been hearing for past 2 years too and so far nothing <_<

Again I didn't used anything to make attack, just stated things that were said in past.

@Riela, where did you get that info from, from my post? The best case scenario is how soon the Unity5 update will be released. There will be updates regardless, but that is a big one. And it will begin rolling out in March if all goes well and no snags are hit, lol.

You said best case scenario, so I replied with worst case scenario. Colour pallete was promised to come out in 2 weeks... took 4 months to roll out, other features like that too. So I am not going to assume best case scenario but worst case.

Even in best case scenario as you said, It really sound like there will be barely any new content due to porting of the old one for very long time. I am not native english speaker but that's how i interpreted your last 2 posts.

Devs reworking everything and new content will be after. which might at best middle to end 2016.

I see, no no that is not what it was written of at all. It is the best case of the beginning release of the Unity 5 update that many have asked about and looking forward to and there was not much info about it until now. The best case - worst case is of the launch of the Unity 5 upgrade itself, not of other content. I don't know what other content is being made, except of what is being worked on and such of the Unity5, which will add additions of course, new engine, new mechanics and all that jazz. As I say, only specific materials and such will need to be remade, for the new engine, of course other things are worked on, else we wouldn't of gotten those 2 poses last month, lol.

I see, no no that is not what it was written of at all. It is the best case of the beginning release of the Unity 5 update that many have asked about and looking forward to and there was not much info about it until now. The best case - worst case is of the launch of the Unity 5 upgrade itself, not of other content. I don't know what other content is being made, except of what is being worked on and such of the Unity5, which will add additions of course, new engine, new mechanics and all that jazz. As I say, only specific materials and such will need to be remade, for the new engine, of course other things are worked on, else we wouldn't of gotten those 2 poses last month, lol.

I do know how hard is to rework this whole thing.

I am just saying that me and about 5 to 6 even including native english speakers interpreted your post ( we discussed in game and on hangouts) as something saying like " there might be small updates maybe once per month with something little, but during this whole way the unity 5 will roll all content will be reworked and afterwards they can focus on new releases " that's how your post sounded to me and those 6 others I talked about.

Which is why your two posts instead of assuring me, scared me that there will be even less content this year. Perhaps more in long run when the game is fully on new engine, but less until the whole porting is done which can be.. well sometimes during this year.

I apologize but that's how your two big walls sounded.

I know nothing, except how to Google...

How long did it take to port Rust to Unity 5?

It was probably about two hours, there wasn’t really much to it. 

from... http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/11/19/porting-to-unity-5-the-untold-rust-journey/

...and I certainly don't know what Rust is, although you can read about it here...

https://playrust.com/

Perhaps it is less complex than 3DXChat. I'll read it sometime. ;)

from... http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/11/19/porting-to-unity-5-the-untold-rust-journey/

...and I certainly don't know what Rust is, although you can read about it here...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/

here you go darling

Rust is a hardcore survival multiplayer game. It consists of naked dicks, building shelter and killing each other with rocks. It has far more content than 3dx but also relies on the multiplayer experience, however there is actual things to do in the game. It also has a lot of exposed dick too.

I actually read the whole thing you posted and this was at the end of the post

Of course, if you want to use the new shader system and stuff, you’ve got to actually go through all your content and update the materials and everything. If you want it to  look like Unity 4, you just update and it works.

So basically, from it, they can make the game look same and port it instantly, or make the game look better and rework everything like 3DX is doing right now.

Now I am torn on this issue. I don't think devs are in position where they should be reworking  the whole game up due to lack of the content on the other hand it might be better to cut your loses and rework the game now instead of years down the line.

Still we have no idea if this graphic update will look good or not. We didn't see previews yet except new layer of cum and well glossy lips. I hope it pays for them in long run because I think the active player base even when the room are full, is still small compared to 3 years development cicle, and compared to achat / sl.

I understand your points, perhaps they are taking a long time because they may want to go with a new art direction? As you saw the difference in design and such between the old locations and fresco, sets a whole new level of art direction, maybe they are re-working the game to keep a standard of that artwork perhaps? ^^ As that could be a plausible thing, with reworking all textures and such, with a new art direction, could always be a possibility?

I understand your points, perhaps they are taking a long time because they may want to go with a new art direction? As you saw the difference in design and such between the old locations and fresco, sets a whole new level of art direction, maybe they are re-working the game to keep a standard of that artwork perhaps? ^^ As that could be a plausible thing, with reworking all textures and such, with a new art direction, could always be a possibility?

If I am not mistaken Fresco is stolen / copied design from the Watch Dogs. I am wrong?

I didn't seen the comparison topic but someone made screenshot of original ubisoft one and this one. it was basically same just our is bit lower ress. I think that's grey area too since I doubt they had permission from Ubi.

I know that some people mentioned there might be lots of trouble if Ubisoft notices since this game is asking for subscription money and it isn't fan work.

So, once again, i find myself replying to a post about this game and its marvellous updates....well, our beloved riela told me to give a look here, and so i did...after many many many replies and my eyes begging me to stop, i've finally reached the end, without getting that much blind; incipit apart, this game...or i'd say this BETA, yes is probably the best chat on the net for the moment, good graphics, well done animations, and quality content..till now all wonderful but, as we all know the lack of content it's a weakness here...now, i have no intention to stop again on the usual topics, the game to survive need a community of buying peeps and to keep a community is needed a more or less regular updating to keep the interest alive, so:

1. yes, i'm happy that the game is getting updated to v5, BUT it may take very long time, even march is a mirage for me,

2. peeps will not stay around much so, if is it possible, the dev team need some more support, some other peeps capable to work with them and make all quickier

3. PLEASE keep this community updated on the working going on, it's better to know to wait long that to be totally ignorant about what is it happening on here.

Said all those things...i'm not a developer and i just know that make things needs time but..i doubt that most of peeps will be that patient without updates in short time, we need more devs to fast things up, end.

Looking through this thread I thought I should point out some things I do know about.

Unity 5 will allow for much higher quality graphics, to do that though they also have to improve the textures and so to gain much of that higher quality.

They could do less work and bring in Unity 5 where the quality would not show much of an improvement, but there would still be a lot of work in that.

So the way I see it is while they are working on the change they should also do the rest to gain as high a quality a possible without going overboard in the amount of work it will take.

They do really need to do the change, the longer they leave it the more work will be involved in making the change.

If they don't make the change then someone else will create a similar game with the higher quality graphics, so they have to do it.

If they do it correctly and do the work required you will notice a big difference in the realism of the characters in particular.

The biggest problem I see is what others in this thread have said and I and others have mentioned so many times before, is that Gizmo and Lisa are trying to do it all themselves.

It is well past time they got serious about their own product and employed people to share the workload.

3DXChat is and always has been progressing far to slow and it is what is losing customers more than anything else.

Twiggy said...

They could do less work and bring in Unity 5 where the quality would not show much of an improvement, but there would still be a lot of work in that. (my underscore)

I had previously said...

(my underscore)

from... http://blogs.unity3d...d-rust-journey/

...and Lynnibree added...

Rust is a hardcore survival multiplayer game. It consists of naked dicks, building shelter and killing each other with rocks. It has far more content than 3dx but also relies on the multiplayer experience, however there is actual things to do in the game. It also has a lot of exposed dick too. (my underscore)

...and Riela said...

I actually read the whole thing you posted and this was at the end of the post

Of course, if you want to use the new shader system and stuff, you’ve got to actually go through all your content and update the materials and everything.
If you want it to  look like Unity 4, you just update and it works. (my color and underscore)

So basically, from it, they can make the game look same and port it instantly, or make the game look better and rework everything like 3DX is doing right now.

I know nothing (except how to Google ;) ) but to me it sounds like it would have been a good idea to upgrade to 5 (a year ago?) and then convert.

It depends a lot on how they set things up in the 1st place, one thing we had a lot of trouble getting right was shaders for hair in particular.

Basic hair, (low quality) is fairly easy but if you want high quality life like hair then it can be a real pain.

It took us 2 weeks for just one hair style we wanted to have, trying heaps of different transparent shaders, double sided shaders and ended up converting one using script to get it to work.

Eyes are also hard to get right, again if you used simple eyes that have a low quality finish it is fairly easy, but to get them looking good took a lot of work.

Texture maps for Unity 4 will have been fairly low res, plus I don't think it allowed for bump maps.

Bump maps make skin for instance much more real as it determines the reflection off the skin.

If they used low res texture maps they will need to make higher res maps to get the higher quality.

Same with clothes and other things, hopefully for at least some they used high res textures.

sorry the stupid question im really not a pro with all those computer terms but ... with this ... Unity 5 ... it will be more easy to work with? meaning more fast updates? 

Unity 5 pics Lisa posted are a tease into the game visuals... The engine term you may have seen people refer to essentially works how a car engine works... It drives the core parts of how your machine & my machine visually views the game... As far as faster updates... It depends on how its set up at there end... As faster updates tend to lay under resources & time given to any single project they build for the game beyond what it is to date... This is just basic info for the engine... As there is so many things the Unity 5 may bring that provides organization for you in game...

sorry the stupid question im really not a pro with all those computer terms but ... with this ... Unity 5 ... it will be more easy to work with? meaning more fast updates? 

Well that is one of the possible benefits. yes.

Porting a graphic engine is always troublesome and time consuming.

Not mostly because of the engine, but because of the texture and probably model remakes.

Once this has been finished updates should be of a easier to do and therefore faster.

As well as the graphic quality should be better.

Please note that i wrote SHOULD.

Speed of updates will probably be slow after the port to unity 5, because of finding and fixing bugs which came in during the port.

Once the port is stable enough, speed of content or feature updates might increase, depending on the content or features upcoming.

So in summary, nobody (and i am not referring to the forum user with that name) can tell you for certain if updates will be faster after the port to Unity 5.

But I can tell you for certain that the quality of the graphics will be better and that your graphics card will be more stressed.

I know, probably not what you wanted to hear, but probably the truth.

Oh dear I hope I dont lose the anility to play. Im not sure how much my graphics can take!!

Not to worry, the game will run as it does now! Just some of the new settings may have to be switched off. :) But do not worry, it's been tested on High-Med-Low end systems hardware wise to do across the board check on performance, so far it's good from what I hear, so you'll be fine Megan. :)

Regards

Ash