3DXChat Community

new record ?

Jowey M

Guys we love the community and our 3DXChat project. And we do our best to make the game even better.

No need to panic. We are working on a new update and it will be released as soon as possible. I'm sure you will like it.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Again I don't want to be mean but you didn't addressed anything I asked.

Could you PLEASE tell us what happened to promise that all FM poses will be ported to FF?

You made it clear last year that all poses going to be ported soon it's been 10 months since then we barely had any new pose.

Your silence only makes people hate development team more.

You drop reply like this... which means kinda nothing because you avoid the direct question that was asked.

Me amongst many other silent people waited for 10 months since you made that promise and we barely seen anything at all.

Do we need to pay for 5 years to see results of that promise? Don't you think it's bit unfair?

Or as usual you are going to dodge the question?

That's pretty unfair... but then you can't wonder why people make topics like this or what general opinion of developers inside the game is.

As someone who paid for 3 years and thousands of gold when it was paid feature. I am disappointed that you won't speak on this matter that's been asked over and over and over again.

Fast or slow. This game has come along nicely in my honest opinion. I wasnt here from the start but from what I ve heard it was very limited from the beginning and has evolved away from that. I always smile when this game is compared to the games developed by other studios with a big publisher like EA behind them. Somehow its like comparing apples and bananas. Both are fruits yeah but very different.

I think they do a good job for the size of their dev-team which is obviously small in numbers. Also 3DX stands out from all the other adult games in terms of quality and eye candy. But I guess everyones opinion will be different on that.

I have to agree that a lack of communication is a bit sad. We really miss the teasers from Lisa or what you been working on. Slow or not please let us know what you have planned for future releases or what you working on, even if its just small stuff. At the other hand I can understand why you probably discontinued the "Update" thread as there was so much hate and complaints about what has been worked on.

Its very hard to please this community and not everyone is happy no matter what you do, but please dont cease communications with us.

I love 3DXchat. Keep it going :)

Guys we love the community and our 3DXChat project. And we do our best to make the game even better.

No need to panic. We are working on a new update and it will be released as soon as possible. I'm sure you will like it.

Thank you for your patience and support!

was it that hard to communicate ?

i guess people have to do something like i did , before you actually communicate , right ?

and where did i attack the devs ? because i said you were on holidays till 2017 ? learn about some sarcasm !

Why this constant attack on a forum member? Riela has stated her position and we should accept that... as her opinion. 

If you don't understand what she says that is her problem but it appears that you don't believe what she says and that is your problem.

Anyone and their mother is a software developer nowadays. Write a script in SL and you're a developer, hack a room here and you're a developer, create a 3d model and you're a developer..

The point of Jowey's thread was that it is 23 days since the last update (and now it is longer) and nothing but a vague promise of something at some time in the future.

There is no getting round it, that is a long time in 3DXChat terms, let alone for other comparable products.

The fact that there is no obvious plan or, in lieu of that, frequent updates is bad enough but for a developer to make some weird comments about someone who has a perfectly valid complaint is just plain ignorant.

So, they don't like the valid complaint then respond appropriately but the language used and the way it was expressed stinks.

Oh and now we have censorship again, lol!

Some Posts in this topic are removed because it changes again in a wrong direction and into personal fights.

Please discuss this topic like adults without bad Language and personal attacks opposite to another players :)

Thanks for understanding :)

Achilles and 3Dx Community ^o^

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

https://youtu.be/XJ8S8_O0OYM?t=1m3s

(Sorry people it's just a joke dont worry, my opinion is really neutral...)

My Previous Message:

We must understand the devs . And the devs should understand us.

I think is really important.

Send ur opinion here but  respect the devs team.

And devs team respect the community.

I am against certain types of net censorship... Here not so much... Here it should be considered good business practice to protect the product & the memberships investments to it... This forum is open to guest bots that just love recording data that run off into RLC or other titles made or unmade of this genre of game... Not to mention is just not a good read for new members who may be interested in joining 3dx...

I do realize that I can form my post in less attacking or perhaps vulgar manner,

But I honestly don't see point because everytime I point something legitimate like the argument Microsoft office vs Darkest Dungeon, vs other indie titles ( example from this page)

There is never follow up but direct attack on being negative instead of discussing the fact further or stating why I am wrong. This is why I cannot take these 2 to 5 people who jump to defence seriously.

As for what I did for the game, I made tons of stuff that I listed in the now deleted post mainly. I documented all the bugs in the game with work arounds, fixes etc, full documentations with images and examples. I participated into documentation of bugs in ignore list in 2014, as well used to be one of few people who posted in technical support in 2014 when developers did not participated or replied once per week at best.

Most of us stopped doing this work because everytime we asked topic to be pinned on top, asked about fixing the bad stuff etc it went ignored and when something goes ignored for long time, people stop trying.

There were dozens of people on this forum, smarter than me who did their best to help new people work for the game, offered to translate, offered to market, offered to help with moderation or help with basically everything from in game stuff to technical help.

We were all ignored and turned down.

That's my unbiased opinion, opinon that many shares and is also result why so many people quit the games or at least forum and refer to it as " cancer ".

If you want active happy playerbase that helps with the game, and not just post cat pictures and youtube videos, you need to show you work on the game as well instead of ignoring every plea every request that in the end would make it more beneficial for your own wallets and not ours.

Again that is my opinion, I know many who agree, unfortunately not many of those are active here because they gave up hope that this product can grow into something more wonderful and popular. I know many who disagree but then many disagree for sake of drama or just because they have nothing to do with their time.

I don't mind forming normal post without single attack, when there's smart reply following it, smart reply doesn't mean agreeing with me in any sense, but presenting your argument in other way than " You are wrong because I said so and you dont agree with development so you are negative bleh quit game if you don't like it QQ". like most replies towards me are, curiously... from the same 10 ppl all the time.

Edit because I can't be bothered at this moment:

I am not going to be circle jerking patting DJs on their back saying how good work their do, fact is this game grows at abysmal rate the population of now compared to year ago is very similar perhaps tiny bit larger, This game have big problems with retention of playerbase. You can disagree all you want but it simple fact when you compared it to the game such as Second Life. If you want to see virtual world, look there.

The fact that game that looks so bad, plays so clunky still had as of 2013 still 1 milion active subscribers compared to what 1000 to 3000 people here. Should speak itself.

We don't know official number but the number can be as low as 500 subs and as high as 3500. My estime would be 1500 but I will never know.

Community DJs, people who help here cannot make up for the lack of the content and you can wish all you want, the fact is most older ppl stay for friends and most new people move after month or two.

You can argue that this game grew big in the 4 years they been working on it. Well I can argue with the fact that there are plenty of artist and indie games with similar staff maybe even smaller that made much larger, much more updated games in half of the time, while asking much less than 24 euro / month price tag.

This isnt my first game, not my first sex game either, perhaps most of you never played any other game in your life, but if you look around for example on steam and the good games from early acess or kickstarter made by similar sized teams for less budget is outstanding.

Darkest dungeon get updates every few days, at least bug fixes.

Banished game I had sunk 600 hours ( thanks to the modders) was made by 1 single person.

Divinity original sin while kickstarted offers so much content, from indie developer as well.

You can argue about money all you want, but the fact is World of Warcraft / Final fantasy 14 both cost 12 euro per month, this game at least in this part of europe cost 24 euro / month.

Again you can argue there was 2 week sale but most people don't know about it and will pay full price and leave after month.

Not going to bring that devs are clearly working form Russia where salaries and cost of living is X times smaller than in western Europe or USA. So money again should not be issue.

The last thing I want to mention, this game have lovely graphics, but the content is just not here, very few areas, poses, sexual or not, character customization, music is pretty much free radio or players.

That's already so much cut slack compared to any other indie game on the market. I will never understand in my life how can anyone protect the devs here except wanting to look good / never playing any other game in their life before.

But at least I do not attack them but bring valid point which get dismissed saying i am negative instead of looking if I am really wrong or right.

But let's pretend everything is okay and pat each other on back, because VR is coming and I do firmly believe sooner or later there will be direct competitor with 3dxchat and you will see how fast will everyone flock there when that happens, or you will see weekly updates like similar much cheaper products in game industry offers. You can say I am negative for all you want. I am here for the few friends I do have. Yet I still paid the winter price tag because anything else isn't worth for .. this.

Maybe even what I paid is too much and I would not if I didn't had such amazing friends that I know for over 2 years.

We should ask each other, how many people you see playing this game with this rate of growth and content in 5 years?

Do you think the 500 to 3000 people and i doubt there are more subscribers than that. Is this okay / healthy number for 4 year old game that's still in beta? But most ppl looking for sex game already tried it ?

You might thing that  I am negative for the sake of negativness but me and lots of other people wanted to help this game growth market it and were sick of people leaving each month.

There's something that SL / Achat must do right if they can retain people in such number while looking like crap. It's friends yes, but it is also content. RPs have zero tools here, Social have few tools here. Kink communities have no poses. LGBT community  or shemale community is significialy behind compared to MF ones. Character customization is limited and while females look great, Males on other hand lack so much not just in clothing but visual model is off putting, at least for me.

What will happen if there will be game just like this but will update weekly and actually talk to their playerbase?

I don't believe it's question of IF but When.

peace

Riela~

Why this constant attack on a forum member? Riela has stated her position and we should accept that...

One post was report by a member in this context and it's needed to Moderate all posts in one context in the same direction.

There are two things possible...

Ignore the report and let it unmoderated or moderate all posts in one context ;)

I believe that the staff is working well. I remember this game when there was nothing: only a room where you invited your partner tet-a-tet.
There are a lot of people who have spent much money to pay for the subscription of streaming server and open rooms to entertain the community.
Those people change the way they view the game. You have people who use their time to animate with live music and others that create RP to entertain you.
This game is not only about updates, clothes and poses. It is a place where you spend time and live your virtual life.
The work that admins, moderators, developers and all players are doing should be rewarded by the new people who come in the game and find a cozy andfull of life world waiting for them.

Good job everyone!

Here is some things that are currently being worked up on for the game, as you have asked of this in the original post! :)

Currently redesigning the pose-system (new UI, catergorization, memory optimization loading/unloading animations on the fly), Accelerating the game-load times. Patches with graphic content will be released after the pose-system, same with new re-written scripts etc.

The beginning of the switch to Unity 5 is scheduled for March. Best case scenario.

It will be compiled into a Beta Unity5 Client which will run parrallel to the current Unity4 Client, 2 clients 1 world.

Now this is to help fix the game more effectively of bugs during the transfer it will be spread over a few weeks, each week releasing new Unity5 upgraded features and such and we write the bugs we find of those releases so bugs can be fixed in the game code and new stuff is released and rinse and repeat until the game is stable enough to be a full client release and out of Beta.

Those of you who are worried about "Will Unity5 3DXChat run on my system?" Do not worry. The game will be able to run similarly to how it is now. But there will be new graphical fidelity, new graphical options etc. So there will be advanced graphical selections so you can pick and mix the GFX settings you want that runs best on your system but there will be the default as there is currently Low, Med, High, Very High templates which select it all for you based on that preset gfx option. But because there is going to a lot higher visuals. Some who could play max setting now at a smooth 60fps or above may only get those fps on the new "high" feature rather than max. Just a heads up.

During this Beta testing period a new forum section will be made for Unity5 client which will include, bug finding and things related to the Beta during the period. This is so the critical bugs can be found easier and not flooded with other things. So all things Unity5 client related will be posted in that section of the forum.

But all events and activities etc... Should still be placed in their respective forum.

I hope this sheds some light on the Unity5 platform update for you.

P.s. You will be able to switch between the clients at your leisure until the Unity5 client is fully released and out of Beta. So see it as a public beta test of the new client. But still can use the current client if you want stability and a lot less bugs.

P.p.s Gents clothing will also be worked up on as well for the launch of Unity5 so we'll get more clothes finally woohoo!

Kind Regards

Ash

I think a lot of the tension just rises from  the lack of communication. 

Ite nice to see gizmo and ash posting,  making an effort to talk things out. 

Theres a reason PR department exists  and for game companies that means more so forum communication. 

To be silent for so long will cause fallout with customers/users/players. 

Please just talk to us,  ash as  your mouthpiece if need be.  I cant speak for everyone,   but I know I just want to know whats going on. 

I don't know if this unity 5 update will be worth it,  but I can certainly say the money to content ratio is not anywhere  close where it needs to be. The updates we have had,  a new club and a few new poses,  mostly just old ones being made for other pairings,  this is not 20 dollars a month worth of content. 

Yes,  there are many people who liven the game up,  but the game feels so bare compared to anything else in regards to the core content of the game. This is just how it comes off to me.  I am not a developer.  I have only ever played an abundance of mmos.  Even the games with the most content  to offer are only 15 a month.  This game does not offer anywhere near the  same amount.

Please dont think of my post as an attack,  I love this game and I want to see it improve,  but 20 a month for a glorified chatroom with very limited updates so far?  I feel like im being slapped in the face,  especially with the lack of communication.  

I eagerly await the new unity update and I hope it really changes things for the better.

-shrugs- this is just the opinion of this dumb bunny.

Hello Lynnibree!

Do not worry I do not see your post as an attack! I appreciate your post as it is polite. :) And hopefully I'll shed a bit of light on your post for you from what I know.

Indeed, speculation from many users think the Unity 5 Engine at first won't be worth it. And I can understand that, as people think "It's just going to be a visual upgrade." Indeed where that may be true in some part, it is not the full story.

So, the reason why many updates aren't being released from what I can workout and understand, specifically clothing in the past couple months and such since after the tights, is because with Unity 5 the engine uses a whole different type of render system, known as Physical Based Rendering. Which is a much improved rendering system and most AAA games out there use this method as their industry standard of rendering, it adds more realism and much smoother lighting effects. Avoids all the blotchy lighting effects and such and weird blocky shadows despite them being at a hi-res and improved graphical shading.

Now the upgrade to Unity 5 is a big one, it may not seem like it from a consumers point of view especially with the $20 per single month fee, but what upgrading to the new engine involves is having to remake the materials and textures from scratch to support the PBR system (Physical Based Render) So they are having to remake everything and if they release more clothing items, it will involve having to remake them to the PBR system, which in essence is making them twice. So for example if you made a pair of jeans to use Unity 4's rendering tech, it will look how it does now and still look pretty good based up on your skill with modelling and meshing. But then having to have your jeans in the new engine, you will need to remake the textures and materials again from scratch to support PBR else they may just come up as a horrid texture-less model or a nice glitched green model (Similar to the roof on our homes. Not entirely sure if it's true, it's just an estimation of what may happen. But I know it won't be how it should look like.). So if you released a lot of content and then an upgrade to Unity 5 is on the horizon it will be non-practical to remake it, so instead, just make it for the PBR render and wait for that update, which will give you more clothing choices when the engine has come. Because more time will then be spent making new clothing options rather than having to make the ones that you just made, then remake them within a month of one another, whereas the time will be better spent on making new clothing.

New male clothing is coming in this update on one of the updated weeks as well from what I gather, which is a long overdue update, as many will agree with, indeed it may not be to everyone's tastes as some want their poses as I have seen from some posts in this thread, but others would like other things etc... So things will have to be done in a rotating fashion, example, spending time to release some poses, then another time, spent on making systems in the game, then another time, making clothing and other types of apparel to make the avis look more unique. Then other times will be locations, etc. And it will be a forever rotating cycle to please each and every person here.

Indeed many people use the $20 a month motive when they discuss content or lack there-of, but if you bought the 1 year sub for example it will work out to be only $7.66 per month. And if you got it during the Holiday Sale, even less per month. ^_^ Which is less than most MMOs out there etc, but of course the $91.95 price tag in one payment is very scary. ^_^ But I do agree even then it may seem that you're paying for the game and nothing happening, but I do recall Lisa making a post awhile back saying you pay for access rather than content, but yeah, I don't know.

But on a more serious matter, the migration to Unity 5 is requiring the devs to re-write all the scripts in the game, re-do all the materials, re-baking of the textures, having to rebuild all lighting in every location and homes, including the lighting that is projected from the Radio, TV, Light sources, Cubes as well as global illumination etc... As well as all the wallpapers and carpets and such having to be remade for the PBR system and the textures of the furniture and such, redoing all the shaders, which are included of the Cum shader, Makeup shaders, Skin and Skin Tone shading, Lighting Shading etc... In essence they are almost needing to rebuild the whole game. Minus the models of things as they are a universal format that both Unity 4 and Unity 5 support so they don't need to be redone.

But yes I do agree content has slowed down significantly and I feel in my own opinion and this is my of own personal opinion guys ^_^ that things will be done faster once the Unity 5 engine is out as it will make sense, as it's easier to function with, than Unity 4 and it's a lot more stable and clean, code wise. As FrenchTouch said above, is the devs will be switching more to C# where as at the moment the game is a mix between C# code and JavaScript code. Which can cause some unnecessary extra calculations that slow load times of things, and cause load bugs when the two code types work together, although are very similar, use different code commands and parameters to each other which requires extra processing which isn't really needed and can under certain circumstances cause code interference and clashes. It's why it's best to stick to one particular code type, and maybe use another for things that will not clash with other mechanics.

As I say, you can expect *If circumstances are good and it's best case scenario* the Unity 5 update will begin rolling out in March. And you have seen Lisa post an image of the shader changes and such which shows they are actively working on the Unity 5 upgrade. But from what Gizmo has said as well it seems there may be some updates between now and the beginning of the Unity 5 upgrade, so there will be some updates. But I do agree profoundly though about communication with the Devs and Users needs to be improved up on, so I'll see what can be done with that!

Kindest Regards

Ash

I thank you for the response Ash, I really do hope this unity 5 thing really turns out to be all that it is hyped up to be.

I do have a concern though. 

We pay for access, not content?

What?

With all due respect this is a rather egotistical point of view.

We pay for access to a glorified chatroom but are not entitled to more content for the price we pay?

I'm really having a hard time understanding this sort of justification as nothing more than misplaced narcissism.

Not that any narcissism is well placed, but that really feels a poor opinion to have and I really really hope that's not how the devs see us.

I love 3dx, but it's not perfect and the way it is now, is not worth 20 a month, especially for just 'access'.

If it's just access, they really need to lower the bar there.

Browser games have more content than this, come on now.

Again, not trying to attack, just this bunny's opinion.