3DXChat Community

Our sweet and problematic ALT`s (tech.solution)

☙𝔼𝕩❧

sighs this is a game not rl. You are free to block them and never see them or hear them. Learn to use it. You seem to think a random guy hugging you means that all the rest of us should have to give up our privacy. News for you its not. Frankly someone as sensitive as you should consider giving up multiplayer games as you seem easily upset

Upset nah...annoyed. male or female...any kind of cold is annoying and reveals a lot about the "codler". No need to waste time with colders. 

I’ve not questioned your gender, Mar-Mohan, so don’t pull that one. 

Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM

@Mar_Mohan - random hugging is not a good approach to a woman you fancy but don't know reasonably well. As a woman you should recognise this. The fact you don't appear to confirms things I surmise and won't express in public although maybe to close friends who won't take it out of context.

So, you're telling me that wasn't you questioning my gender?  I'm not pulling anything you said it above that you surmise but won't express but to your close friends about me.  That's why I told you to go to my profile, it clearly shows I'm a woman.  I'll be adding the picture of me that was taken recently as I had neck surgery on March 16th and have a really nice scar to show for it which you can see in the picture.

Let’s try a different tack and develop a set of criteria to test whether suggestions are worth presenting to the devs. I’d suggest these:-

1) suggestions should stand a chance of doing some good. 

2) suggestions shouldn’t inhibit role play, building, messing outfits or avi.

3) there shouldn’t be any unintended bad consequences.

So i’ll test Xeno’s suggestion of parent name for alts.

Criterion 1 it meets because the parent name will be visible as soon as the avi ventures out in public to all. So if the user is up to no good then he, most likely, gets found out pdq.  So you and your partner go out in public for a date and romantic time but choose to be alone without a bunch of PMs from friends.  You no longer have that.  The person who is up to no good will be found out but the couple trying to enjoy private time not gets a ton of PMs they were trying to avoid or they should be forced to stay within their rooms so they can enjoy it basically punishing them.

Criterion 2 is met because most role play, building etc is done in private. Should a user be involved in a role play in a room open to the public they can always explain to any friends they see, or ho ask.  Roleplay isn't always done in private.  Why should they have to explain that they choose to play in different role play groups.  Say they want to explore the BSDM lifestyle but some of their friends don't like it.  They go out in public their friend is room hoping checking out rooms, sees them in it and questions them but doesn't care they wanted to explore that so they tell them to they don't want to be friends or just remove them without a word.

Criterion 3 meets this to my mind because I haven’t thought of any beyond Mar-Mohan’s point about trust. As the use of avis for nefarious intent declines so trust will build.  While the ones that choose to use their alts in a negative way, the trust for others is now broken.  The people I know with other avis their friends usually know they have it.  It's the ones that don't really say anything or deny it are the ones that typically cause the trouble.

Now i’ll Look at Ex’s suggestion.

It doesn’t meet criterion 1 unless the lead avi name is included.  You still know it's an alt so what difference does it make what the other avi or avis are.  Someone may choose to show the avis that they have.

It does meet criterion 2 for the same reason Xeno’s suggestion does.  Why because it doesn't show what the main avi is but still shows the avis on that account?  Some don't have a main avi.

It doesn’t meet criterion 3 without the lead avi name included because people mistrust alts because of the activities of a small minority. So people could becomes suspicious of somebody who doesn’t want their alts revealed. So it doesn't have a lead avi listed but still shows their avis even if one isn't the main.  As I've given responses to your points on this section and the one above.  Not everyone wants people to see their avis for the reasons I've given.

These puts more distrust in the game then it would do good.  People who already distrust will do it even more and possibly more will turn to things like Pandora to find out.

So there we go. Let’s get this discussion moving forward. I must confess to thinking there is a strong case developing again for Sage’s idea about OP’s being allowed to moderate their own threads.  As much as that may be wanted no forum I know of does that.

I’ve not questioned your gender, Mar-Mohan, so don’t pull that one. 

Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM

@Mar_Mohan - random hugging is not a good approach to a woman you fancy but don't know reasonably well. As a woman you should recognise this. The fact you don't appear to confirms things I surmise and won't express in public although maybe to close friends who won't take it out of context.

So, you're telling me that wasn't you questioning my gender?  I'm not pulling anything you said it above that you surmise but won't express but to your close friends about me.  That's why I told you to go to my profile, it clearly shows I'm a woman.  I'll be adding the picture of me that was taken recently as I had neck surgery on March 16th and have a really nice scar to show for it which you can see in the picture.

This resembles bullying an harassment and should be reported. Truth.

So you are saying random hugging is acceptable? I think find if you ask around that to most people is isn’t except in quite a restricted range of circumstances.

If you cannot accept how other people feel about certain behaviours then you are unlikely to be able to sustain a relationship with them. And my poll is now suggesting something you won’t like so you can declare it invalid, whereas Xeno’s poll on identifying lead Avis was ok because it gave a result you liked. Curious that seeing as it fails your test for reliable poll.

Oh and btw the polls which support my analysis are from large sample sizes and at least two were undertaken by professionals, funny that the discrepancies and similarities to Xeno’s avi use poll are so satisfactorily explained.

Where did I say random hugging was acceptable? I suggested you used the ignore function . As to sustaining a relationship with you I doubt very much I would want to even try. Your poll is meaningless as your sample size is small, your participants are self selecting. As to the polls that you claim support your analysis I have not seen them but then I have only been on these forums a few weeks

So you agree a criterion referenced test could help? Do you have suggestions as to how my draft criteria could be improved?

I think if we can put that together it becomes so much easier to discuss the suggestions people make, and suggest improvements to them.

Lastly I've just had a great evening with my husband, rl bestie (who you'll be pleased to know was able to find a baby sitter), her bf, plus my Dad and Step Mum. So I've popped in now, OMG that is soooooooo sad.

G'night

Your husband is a saint. Truth.

The sample here is better than any sample you've put together Mar_Mohan. That's why I find your negativity so irritating. It also completely undermines any credibility you want to present. Find soem data, present it, analyse it and say what you think then. Until then you're just making yourself look foolish.

People do not like random hugs, end of. You are condoning and trivialising it. Therefore you are showing total insensitivity to those who don't like it. Is it any wonder some people see you for what you are. As I say try it rl and see what happens. Just because 3dxChat is pixels doesn't make behaviour that is stupid, insensitive, annoying in RL any less so in here. Good manners cost nothing.

As I say if a hugger is doing it because they want a shag they'd be better off starting a conversation about something funny, interesting and make the person they fancy acctually want to have sex with them. Not that hard is it. But then RobT gets his jollies by being annoying, or so it is easy to surmise.

yeah because ranting about a hug in game on forums from someone who isn't even a member of forums for three days isn't foolish

I have deemed the entire episode as made up for attention. Somehow you are irate about it, have no issue calling people out for this or that yet wont say who it was nor show any proof it actually happen.

The jury finds you guilty of fictional tales, You are sentenced to five hours in Yaluns jail

You said it was a week an hour ago. It's you keeping it going with your insensitivity. Is it a badge of honour to make yourself out to be the most annoying person on teh forums and in games. Is it really as you said the otehr day all about you wanting be the top all time poster on the forums. Quality, RobT, counts for far more than quantity.

Sometime in November 2017, RobT, two weeks after I renewed my sub after a six month break to deal with major rl stuff. That is really, really significant now in June 2018. If you must use Pandora data to try to make a point, use teh complete record relating to the alt, yeah? Your approach is intended to cause trouble, the complete record tells a rather different story. There's no need fo rme to go any furtheer in to that. The fact you've had to be reminded of this several times shows just how much you value people. Just like your constantly saying Twiggy's a bloke - and what's worse you forced her into feeling she had to prove her gender rl. Yet you still insist on throwing it at her. Do you really think that sort of thing shows you as a likeable decent human being?

We know exactly who got the threads removed, and who trashed them so the mods had no alternative. You think people forget ....................... no way! That is what you and your friends are trying to do to this one.

Ex put together a suggestion in good faith. She took time and trouble to put it together. Show her some respect and discuss it sensibley. I suggested three simple criteria which might help in judging suggestions. My third could also include something on the lines of the fourth from Sam. or could be rephrased to something like

4) The suggestion does not unneccesarily impinge players privacy

That way suggestions can be judged, ammended and if they get traction presented to the devs. Is that too hard for you?

The sample here is better than any sample you've put together Mar_Mohan. That's why I find your negativity so irritating. It also completely undermines any credibility you want to present. Find soem data, present it, analyse it and say what you think then. Until then you're just making yourself look foolish.

I don't need to put together data because the data on a forum or online doesn't represent the game.  You keep saying it's negative and irritating to you because it's my opinion, just like your opinion is yours.  I don't need credibility besides what does that to do with an online game, nothing.  I don't need to find data, present it, analyze it to say what I think.  Your data that you showed before the data used in a couple of recent threads still don't represent the game.  Only the game itself can do that.  Foolish is not accepting the discussion of another adult having an opinion that differs from their own.

Here is why the data presented before doesn't represent this game:

Second Life is generally for adults 18 years and older; however, if you are 13 years of age or older you can use Second Life with some restrictions. If you're: 16-17 years old you can access regions and search results that have a General maturity rating.

You have to be at least 13 years old and if you are under 18 you have to have a parents permission. If you do see a user who is under the age of 13 using the site all you can do is flag what they said and IMVU will handle it.

These three could give a little more guidance for what audience to hit due to being 18 and above like this game:

Utherverse - 18 years old.

Red Light Center (RLC) - 18 years old.

AChat - 18 years old.

3DX polls do not have a large enough sample size to represent the population from which it was sampled. If you are referring to the poll linked in this thread done here. The forum has thousands of registered users. Data is not available as to exactly how many are active. Still, 53 poll participants doesn’t make a representative sample. IF that’s what you are referring to.

3DX polls do not have a large enough sample size to represent the population from which it was sampled. If you are referring to the poll linked in this thread done here. The forum has thousands of registered users. Data is not available as to exactly how many are active. Still, 53 poll participants doesn’t make a representative sample. IF that’s what you are referring to.

According to https://www.checkmarket.com/sample-size-calculator/, given a population of 15,000 (the 3DX Forum page says 16,589 atm), 2070 responses are necessary to ensure a margin of error of 2% and a confidence level of 95%.  So, yes, given the low number of responses, any conclusions drawn from the results of polls in this Forum are problematic at best.

I never said the data was reliable. It does tell us something. Anyway this thread is not a survey.

I suggested four criteria to help decide if a suggestion is good. I’ll rephrase them later but they do represent a start. I believe enough people are concerned about poor behaviour in game for suggestions to be invited, considered, improved and then proposed to the devs.

Maybe they will help to avoid all this back biting and bullying that a tiny minority use to derail threads and get them pulled.

Oh and btw - this is a simple poll about a sex/social game. It was never intended to be a rigorous ademic survey. Why not just see it for what it is, take it’s results and give it a little thought, maybe using data from elsewhere to. Help make a little sense of it.

Today the best solution is to chose a game/virtual space where you want to be. I noticed a lot of interesting solutions. Some of them we will not see. Some of them we can use today. Some of them from other games.

3dxchat is a different game with different purpose and objective. That's why devs will not add something that without their way. Something they will add.

By this method (i posted) privacy will be untouchable, alts can be showed by request. But one good reason I noticed and i felt that this reason will be here, Is : It can break "trust" between people" and can made a mess by one new button.

For myself the best solution is always inside me, how I act and how I can take everything. Just my way and opinion.

I wish to everybody to get your own solution, good way to play and to be well.

Oh and btw - this is a simple poll about a sex/social game. It was never intended to be a rigorous ademic survey. Why not just see it for what it is, take it’s results and give it a little thought, maybe using data from elsewhere to. Help make a little sense of it.

You reference it like it’s an actual study then insinuated that it makes someone look foolish for not agreeing with it. Then create a poll to gather an “unrepresentative” sample.

Forum polls, have always been flawed and unreliable. Not just related to a sex game. I’ve seen people create multiple accounts, never to be used again just to vote, for example. The best solution is as someone here mentioned. Implement a workflow for accepting or declining hugs and kisses on the cheek. The additional layer of permission based on groups would be ideal.

According to https://www.checkmarket.com/sample-size-calculator/, given a population of 15,000 (the 3DX Forum page says 16,589 atm), 2070 responses are necessary to ensure a margin of error of 2% and a confidence level of 95%.  So, yes, given the low number of responses, any conclusions drawn from the results of polls in this Forum are problematic at best.

Thank you. I used a site that gave me around 98 percent as a confidence level. With a couple hundred or some such as the sample. I couldn’t remember the members in forum. So I’m glad someone posted actual numbers. I spent too much time in stats using SPSS, so I get annoyed when it’s misrepresented. Nor do I wish to revisit hell.

Actually I find that site interesting, if you go down a little further and use the second tool you find something there that showed this, I worked on 6,500 as I remember somewhere that number was given as being how many players are in the game.

6,500 Players

34 voters

95% confidence for margin of error.

Gives a 16.76% margin of error.

That kind of says Perimede is right I think.