3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates 2018

Gizmo

If you go back about a decade, SL was so busy that major companies had a presence in it. It was that busy.

If you look at RLC in it's heyday about six years ago, they averaged around 5,000 in game at any one time.

People still make a living I'm told in SL. As for RLC, the market has plummeted over the years because of decline in population and abundance of stuff for am avi and custom properties. There was a time about five years ago, when a good designer could make $30,000 a year US.

Those days are gone, but businesses continue and 1,000 an hour average up till about 10pm PST.

When you consider RLC has franchises in Russia, Brazil, Germany, Italy... you can see how it has been reduced a great deal to language based franchises that pay Utherverse franchise fees.

Yes, the Big Fish in this forum may have a lot to say about EVERYTHING, but in the end, they really aren't very big fish.

I was at sl,imvu,3dchat,3dxchat,RLC,Twinity,etc. Question is about style of the game. Some games are shooters, some games are actions. Sl can be an action, 3dx can be a shooter. I understand the point about shops and everything connected with it. There is different opinions. More important to know what plans have our devs. Maybe they re flexible at some moments :D

I was at sl,imvu,3dchat,3dxchat,RLC,Twinity,etc. Question is about style of the game. Some games are shooters, some games are actions. Sl can be an action, 3dx can be a shooter. I understand the point about shops and everything connected with it. There is different opinions. More important to know what plans have our devs. Maybe they re flexible at some moments :D

Yeah, I guess 3dx could be a shooter.

I understand and can respect arguements for and against a paid micro economy in 3Dx. I get that. The point that can't be disputed effectively is their efficacy in the older worlds. Like it or not, profit based is incentive to create. It is what keeps decades old worlds profitable.

Does that have to be the model here? Of course not. But there are pro's and cons for and against it.

The longevity of older worlds still populated 10x, 20x's and being less graphically appealing imo is proof.

Imagine a 3dx with a world editor style of editable clothing. Imagine if you can make a dress with a belt around the waist and giving the buckle a metal texture while giving the belt a fabric texture and the main dress another texture. Appealing? Of course it is.

Imagine if the Devs expanded on it. Added a tattoo layer, transparencies to clothing where say for example, (and I'm only citing current clothing meshes mind you) men could make the current briefs see through? Or you could make thousands of thigh high boots or ankle length?

It can be done.

This is no shit turd IMVU. This is Unity based 3DX.

The Devs here are REALLY good. Just way to slow. But then again, they are few. Another reason for user based system and perhaps economy.

I have reported this as well. I will not sit idly by and let someone slander my good name. I will not pollute this thread more because you seem to be stinking it up rather well all by yourself. A cyber shower may be in order

I suppose I ought to have made a screen grab at the time, at the time you had a screen grab of your characters page in game showing RobT, Roberta (or was it Boberta, I can't quite recall) and KorbinDallas. I'm sure proof could be found if someone looked hard enough. Not that it matters particuarly, the point is simple. You accuse others of being alts all the time yet you get all offended when somebody does exactly the same to you. You do this as if to say that what they say is invalid because they have alts, all because you are unable to put together an argument.

Is there any chance that this thread could go back on track? Although there does seem to be a few pages that covers an area that crops up frequently about how alts are used. I think these past few pages show that there is a good reason for making alts more difficult to create and perhaps, as has been argued before, identifying the lead avi. While this would be a serious restriction for those people who play sensibley it would have been brought about by the actions of those few who don't and use alts to cause trouble.

Yeah, I guess 3dx could be a shooter.

I understand and can respect arguements for and against a paid micro economy in 3Dx. I get that. The point that can't be disputed effectively is their efficacy in the older worlds. Like it or not, profit based is incentive to create. It is what keeps decades old worlds profitable.

Does that have to be the model here? Of course not. But there are pro's and cons for and against it.

The longevity of older worlds still populated 10x, 20x's and being less graphically appealing imo is proof.

Imagine a 3dx with a world editor style of editable clothing. Imagine if you can make a dress with a belt around the waist and giving the buckle a metal texture while giving the belt a fabric texture and the main dress another texture. Appealing? Of course it is.

Imagine if the Devs expanded on it. Added a tattoo layer, transparencies to clothing where say for example, (and I'm only citing current clothing meshes mind you) men could make the current briefs see through? Or you could make thousands of thigh high boots or ankle length?

It can be done.

This is no shit turd IMVU. This is Unity based 3DX.

The Devs here are REALLY good. Just way to slow. But then again, they are few. Another reason for user based system and perhaps economy.

Unfortunately in 3dx I can only imagine it. Because "they are few" and technically for big steps need a lot of time and to think twice before... while i am not a dev , I can only imagine. I know everything about how to create a geometry,how to bake a texture, but I know nothing about code, script and any programmists stuff. I know only- "Hello World"  :lol:

I suppose I ought to have made a screen grab at the time, at the time you had a screen grab of your characters page in game showing RobT, Roberta (or was it Boberta, I can't quite recall) and KorbinDallas. I'm sure proof could be found if someone looked hard enough. Not that it matters particuarly, the point is simple. You accuse others of being alts all the time yet you get all offended when somebody does exactly the same to you. You do this as if to say that what they say is invalid because they have alts, all because you are unable to put together an argument.

Is there any chance that this thread could go back on track? Although there does seem to be a few pages that covers an area that crops up frequently about how alts are used. I think these past few pages show that there is a good reason for making alts more difficult to create and perhaps, as has been argued before, identifying the lead avi. While this would be a serious restriction for those people who play sensibley it would have been brought about by the actions of those few who don't and use alts to cause trouble.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6600-should-avatars-belonging-to-an-account-have-a-common-parent-nickname/?p=285263

Was pretty easy to find, nothing came up searching for KorbinDallas, but found it by searching for Roberta.

Thank you, I was certain i’d seen it.

As far as I can tell no action has been taken yet over the homophobic comments. I think this is cause for concern as it reflects badly on the moderators. I think that seeing as Terms of Service have been so flagrantly breached some sort of statement from the moderators is required. As it stands they appear to condone homophobic and other forms of abuse.

I ask this question of the moderators ‘Do you, or do you not, enforce the Terms of Service and the Game and Forum Rules?’ If you do what action have you taken regarding thle individuals homophobic comments?

I am aware that this in itself could contravene ToS but justify my post by saying that users’ confidence in the moderators is an important part of the survival of 3dxChat in a competitive market place.

As far as I can tell no action has been taken yet over the homophobic comments. I think this is cause for concern as it reflects badly on the moderators. I think that seeing as Terms of Service have been so flagrantly breached some sort of statement from the moderators is required. As it stands they appear to condone homophobic and other forms of abuse.

I ask this question of the moderators ‘Do you, or do you not, enforce the Terms of Service and the Game and Forum Rules?’ If you do what action have you taken regarding thle individuals homophobic comments?

I am aware that this in itself could contravene ToS but justify my post by saying that users’ confidence in the moderators is an important part of the survival of 3dxChat in a competitive market place.

So let's bring it into another thread where it had nothing to do with what happened in another.  So very familiar but I don't need to figure that out, Devs can do that. 

Anyone let's keep it back to the Upcoming Updates which is what the topic is about.

i have it on good authority he was in fact punished for his comment regarding the homophobic slur. I wont go into specifics as to what it is because its against the TOS to discuss punishments set forth by the people in charge. Perhaps now this thread can get back to its topic, upcoming updates, not upcoming RobDates.

Ant further comments or questions regarding it will not be replied to, just reported per rule 2.10.

2.10. Discussion of disciplinary actions, or any other sanction bans made by facilitator or administration in all game channels and / or forum is prohibited. This category includes creating comments or threads on the forum to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character, account (forum and / or game) using chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a forum moderator or Developer.

Thank you RobT. I would have preferred hearing it from the moderators.

yw Ciera. thats never going to happen because they dont discuss disciplinary measures with people. Now if you will excuse me, i have worlds to save and distressed damsels to be a knight in shining armour for. You can ask Rob yourself in a few days

@Ex

come and go ...idk ,but it was a new account

doesnt matter, it was banned by gizmo. i will tell you how you can tell so you dont get confused. usually if they ask to be deleted, a guest will be before the name, If the name is greyed out, its been perma banned and if they are suspended for a certain amount of time, it looks normal, you cant tell from just looking at it. 

That’s useful to know. A few days is interesting and demonstrates how seriously the moderators view certain transgressions. I feel the issue important as the moderators have to be seen as fair and consistent. I don’t doubt they make the best decisions they can based upon the information available. I’m not convinced a few days ban is appropriate for the kind of behaviour we have seen recently. Not just a breach of the rules but flagrant disrespect towards the moderators.

I suspect the rules about moderation are more to protect the moderators from any legal challenge rather than to prevent reasonable discussion. If I have misjudged the rules and have overstepped the mark, then I apologise. I do feel the issue very important. I don’t want to clog up this or the other thread any more so may, once i’ve considered things a bit more, open a new thread. The wording will need to be carefully thought out to permit good discussion without breaking any rules.

Where were we before this diversion took place?

doesnt matter, it was banned by gizmo. i will tell you how you can tell so you dont get confused. usually if they ask to be deleted, a guest will be before the name, If the name is greyed out, its been perma banned and if they are suspended for a certain amount of time, it looks normal, you cant tell from just looking at it. 

Why  was it banned by gizmo?

Why  was it banned by gizmo?

i imagine because it was created 3 days ago with the sole intent to harass someone else. All i know is it was reported yesterday, today its gone. Not going to say more because its against the rules to discuss disciplinary actions. if you saw the profile in question, you would have no doubt why it was made 

I suspect the rules about moderation are more to protect the moderators from any legal challenge rather than to prevent reasonable discussion. If I have misjudged the rules and have overstepped the mark, then I apologise

No, that rule was actually made well after 3dx started. it was made after some forum members started making threads discussing who got what ban  and decisions the admins were making so they put that rule in. It was actually a subject of contention for a while because people felt the rule was added on the fly in order to silence them. 

In essence people have to understand the forums and the game for that matter isnt a democracy. The rules dont have to be fair. they can have any rules they want and then its up to the user if they feel it is something they want to be a part of or they dont. this is a rather good article but old one about the subject. people think these forums entitles them to free speech, it doesnt.  I have another newer article but this one is about the same thing. 

https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2009/09/free-speech-in-online-communities-the-delusion-of-entitlement/

Unfortunately in 3dx I can only imagine it. Because "they are few" and technically for big steps need a lot of time and to think twice before... while i am not a dev , I can only imagine. I know everything about how to create a geometry,how to bake a texture, but I know nothing about code, script and any programmists stuff. I know only- "Hello World"  :lol:

That is the trickiest part i'd imagine.