3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates

D1SC0STU

Well if it is something that will piss a lot of people off, I am quite sure people will speak their minds and the devs will either backtrack if it is a bad idea... or they will lose a lot of people. I hate to speculate so lets hope the devs change their mind.

But Mikey...all we have is speculation *pouts* D1SC0STU dangled the hook...we bit...it's just common courtesy to continue with random speculation now lol :P

But Mikey...all we have is speculation *pouts* D1SC0STU dangled the hook...we bit...it's just common courtesy to continue with random speculation now lol :P

How can I disagree with such a well put point from a lovely lady ;) Onwards to speculation!

Sent from my iPad

As a potential new member of the community, this type of thing is not something I am keen on seeing. 

And I am not referring to the bar. 

I have a friend that does 3d modeling and design.. its not easy in any form or fashion, especially when effectively being created from scratch without any base to build off of. Also its a work in progress, it will look much different when the polish is added to it.

I have no friends here, I am not a part of anyone's group or anything of the nature, so what I state comes from a completely neutral angle. But what I have learned over the years, is when someone is doing something to better the community where you play, constructive criticism is good, but criticizing someones work, without any type of positive feedback in regards to how it can be improved? Well, that's just insulting.

Best thing to do is wait until its done, picture it where it would be placed in the world, try to include the shading and any slight reflective surfaces it may have. If you do not like it, offer some positive feedback on how It might look better, or some finishing touches to add to help the appeal of it.

That being said, The overall design is good, but it is a beach atmosphere, so I would recommend upon the finished design, having it done in wood type surface. It will help the appeal of it considering where it would be located. The wood would give it a more tropical feel, especially if its possible to do it in a bamboo type style, if that is possible with the toolset you are using. Otherwise a light colored wood finish would be optimal.

I wish to not get into an argument but maybe smooth the waters here.  It is awesome to be able to comment on progress to 3DX as it happens here and give suggestions to what we like or do not like. I, for one, love looking at how things develop. But I think we need to always be mindful of people who give up their time for free to help the Developers with new content. If you don't like a design, it is good to respectively give suggestions for improvements but be aware that a general "don't need it, don't want it my game' can sound harsh and disrespectful. Quite a slap in the face to the person that has designed something in his or her own time and I would hate to think that they then think well Fuck It and why should I bother again.

I am not trying to be harsh against anyone here as I respect the different opinions that make up our community, but ask to watch the written tone.

And back to my pet seagulls as i have neglected them lately  :D

Stu

Thanks for the efforts, it looks really good for a draft so far. I have dabbled in 3D Modeling and Design so I an understand it is a lit of iteration and reiteration over the course of renders as you build it. The fact you are taking time out of your days to do this for the game is greatly appreciated I am sure. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

On a side note I am going to agree with Lexii, except on the Seagulls as they don't seem to like me much. Constructive criticism is something that people can use to take away something and implement a change. Just simple criticism helps nobody at all. One person may not want something, multiple people may not want something. However spare a thought for those that DO want something. We keep begging for new things, and new we are getting it and it is being thrown in the persons face that is expending a large amount of effort ? A little respect goes a long way.

Right, my 2 cents is done, lets get the Bar !! First round on me when its done :) 

Stu,

It looks great. I cant wait to see the end product. New things are always exciting.

Also much respect for taking the time out of your day to work on something like that. I have never done anything like that nor do I know how. So thanks a bunch for doing that.

Any new content in this barren game is welcome (content wise). So thanks for taking the time to create something Stu and anyone else. At this point i'd take purple ribbons to wear and wooden dildo's to throw at people. At least it would be something.

Alright people, thanks for the support!  This game is a great place to escape reality, meet new friends and more... ;)   The community has been great to me since I first started playing in June.  Thanks for that.  There are those of you who don't want this bar on the beach, and there are several of you out there.  All I can say is, I would bulldoze paradise to put up a parking lot, if it would somehow make this game better.  I am not going to quit making content.  In fact I am about to press send on a few things to the devs!  So I have yet another version of a bar, also very rough.  You guys have to realize I am making one new bar a day along with my personal schedule.

I will post more finished screens of some of these bars when one is approved by the devs.  By the way this one seats at least 21. Here it is:

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. - John Lydgate

Be not discouraged, keep trying.  I think you have a great idea and I would love to see that sometime in game. It is the creativity and imagination of people like you that will keep this game going.

Here is a simple building, because it seems they don't like shapes....as usual rough draft made in 45 mins, no textures until devs approve.  I am not wasting my time on texturing if they are just going to turn the model down.  I did add some simple colors for your viewing pleasure.

Here is a simple building, because it seems they don't like shapes....as usual rough draft made in 45 mins, no textures until devs approve.  I am not wasting my time on texturing if they are just going to turn the model down.  I did add some simple colors for your viewing pleasure.

attachicon.gifBeachBum.png

attachicon.gifBeachBum_01.png

i'm laughing so much at how the devs are rejecting all this amazing work. I'm practically boycotting this game until they stop manipulating and ripping people off in this great community. Is this game still meant to be in beta btw? I'm pretty sure it's been too long for that. If it's not in beta than that is just bloody pathetic content wise, well, even for beta it's terrible.

Never mind the bars...where's the collars already? :)

Joking...love your perseverance D1SC0STU

Thank you, Doll !  I know Sol has been working extremely hard to get the collars ready for you guys, so round of applause for Sol.  Now on to the reason I was originally going to post.  My workhorse computer died today, may she rest in peace.  :( I lost everything that wasn't saved to dropbox.  Which is basically just screenshots and pictures.  But I will not be defeated, I have another computer that was waiting for this day, never been opened till now.  I got everything re-installed and I am ready to get back to it.  This is how Disco Stu gets the job done:

New one's on the far left.