3DXChat Community

What I think we can expect in 3DXChat 2

Guest Twiggy

okay i am not a programmer so...but what i don't get is, FT has shown me so many items of clothes that she has already made, including sneakers for girls with wedgey soles. why didn't 3dx put it all in the game in the last update? FT obviously knows what she is doing because she made the last few dance sequences. i am not dev bashing but if it's already there ready to go, what's up with that?

Guest Twiggy

okay i am not a programmer so...but what i don't get is, FT has shown me so many items of clothes that she has already made, including sneakers for girls with wedgey soles. why didn't 3dx put it all in the game in the last update? FT obviously knows what she is doing because she made the last few dance sequences. i am not dev bashing but if it's already there ready to go, what's up with that?

I agree, does she know if they have said it is in the right format.

I know others that did do stuff only to be told it is in the wrong format, and no help in saying what the right format was.

I agree, does she know if they have said it is in the right format.

I know others that did do stuff only to be told it is in the wrong format, and no help in saying what the right format was.

Like I said, FT made the last 3 dance sequences so I am thinking she does know the right format

Everyone here has some valid points, and its a good discussion I think.  For those of you that do not know a lot about Unity, Twiggy is correct, there are a BUNCH of items in Unity 4 that will not be able to be ported over to Unity5 without a MAJOR rewrite of the code for EACH module.  As with any software program, you get to a point and have to ask yourself if its at a reasonable place to do upgrades, or do you continue to fix bugs?  In most companies, there are enough programmers that you can continue to do both.  But if the bug/bugs are kept at a minimal, then you put all your programmers on upgrading the software.  You have to.

There are a bunch of examples of companies that just sat still, and didn't not put any money into RnD(upgrading), and they have fallen by the technological wayside, so to speak.  There are a few bugs in this game, but I think they are very minimal and the developers should be concentrating on upgrading to Unity 5.  For all the people that are looking forward to updates, once we are with Untiy5, don't you realize that those upgrades will be able to happen much quicker?  Trust me, they will, and the graphics will be so realistic, you will love them.  When you are sipping a beer or a glass of wine out on your deck, listening to your favorite DJ (whoever that might be :)), and you see the shadows of your plants, and everything moving, and setting on you, then watch the sun as it dips behind the mountains as the moon shines bright...it will rock.

Lets give them time.  It will be worth it in the long run.  Personally I don't think I would do anymore content adding while we are at Unity4, because it would only cause more bugs for them to have to stop and fix, and that would take time away from converting.  But that is just my opinion...

I cant wait to see FD in her red converse..

I agree with twiggys excellent analysis of the impact and effort of upgrading to unity 5. Where they are lacking is in communication and a failure to understand the community. They have teased us with nice screens, but people's patience is not unlimited and it's even less when we we have no eta. They should have given us at least an estimate, even if it's conservative. It means people will know... Ok it's end of April or whatever so I will wait until then. It's easier to be patient with them if we know how long we have to be patient for.

if they just added sneakers and flip flops (with wedgey soles ofc) I would be so happy, anything else would be a bonus ;p

For females? If so they would have to add heels to them. :P

Since you know, women use a high heel style walk and height while wearing them.

Doubt they would invest resources into creating a whole new walk style.

A lot of talking has been done and will be done about updates, specially the "huge, important" ones, as said by Twiggy.

Just, I want to ask: do you think it is good to post only pics about some new graphic feature, saying NOTHING to the community? Is that a way of working? Is that a way of behaving too?

It is only a way of making people talk, moan and blame. Everybody is happy about this game, me too of course. It is still better than other sex mmo games around.

What I am saying is that you cannot build a forum, a community, where you ask what people want (and I am referring to the beginning of the 3dxforum when gizmo and Lisa were asking those things to the users during the development, so some years ago), and now you don't take care anymore to this tool.

We can find posts over posts asking for the same things like a spiral through months and years sometimes.

Now we have the BIG update...ooohh yeaaahhh.. But now we have LOST also the talk with devs. It is just a game of waiting and blaming and hoping. We don't talk to them anymore because they don't say a word anymore to us.

What do I expect from this update: super fantastic graphic things, which maybe I won't even be able to play on my laptop, and sure a lot of other improvements...

But surely I am expecting also to use this forum only for chatting with some people, because the silence of the devs will keep going, increasing the distance from the so called community of users and the developers. This is sadly what I expect more...

Kiss

Nion

I second that, Nion. Couldn't have said it any better.

Posting suggestions of any kind is like shouting them to the wall in your room - it has no, zero, null effect on what devs do. At least we don't know if it has, as devs refuse to communicate. Which is, according to Paul Watzlawick, impossible. And if you think about what this says about what devs tell us by that.... well. ... You can draw your own conclusions out of that.

Nuff said.

For females? If so they would have to add heels to them. :P

Since you know, women use a high heel style walk and height while wearing them.

Doubt they would invest resources into creating a whole new walk style.

i understand the tippy-toes issue and FT showed me the sneakers she made. i originally posted these pictures like 6 months ago

fEO7Y0L.jpg tW0SpGo.jpg

I don't know what's the problem with the communication. They told "april or may". What should they tell you? "Now we finished this table and now it's shiny"? :) Also Unity 5 is good, and sooner or later low end machines will be able to run it on high settings, because computer graphics evolving so fast.

I hope after the release they will tweak the avatar graphics too.

And yes, more poses are always welcome! :)

I don't know what's the problem with the communication. They told "april or may". What should they tell you? "Now we finished this table and now it's shiny"? :) Also Unity 5 is good, and sooner or later low end machines will be able to run it on high settings, because computer graphics evolving so fast.

I hope after the release they will tweak the avatar graphics too.

And yes, more poses are always welcome! :)

The problem, Wizard, is this: I'm a very regular user of this forum and I read from you now that there should be something like an exact date. Well. ... as long two month can be mentioned as more than a rough idea.

So, thing is, even if you read each and every thread like I do it may happen that you don't know anything about a time line.

Second. ....What exactly are they developing? Unity 5. Cool. Maybe it's a necessity, I don't know about technics. But I'm quite sure that nobody from the user base did ask for. But a lot of ppl asked for more content. And some other improvements. Just scan through the topics, you will quickly find out.

Let me give you an example. I bought a new car in March. They told me it will be delivered within 4 to 6 weeks. Last week, 6 weeks later, they called me that the car has arrived. BUT I could pick it up this week (yesterday to be exact), as they have to do some presale checks. It was like hell, although I knew exactly WHAT I will pick up at WICH EXACT DATE. please compare this to the new update. We get SOMETHING at SOME RANDOM DATE. This is just superbad customer relation/communication.

Sandra

The problem, Wizard, is this: I'm a very regular user of this forum and I read from you now that there should be something like an exact date. Well. ... as long two month can be mentioned as more than a rough idea.

So, thing is, even if you read each and every thread like I do it may happen that you don't know anything about a time line.

Second. ....What exactly are they developing? Unity 5. Cool. Maybe it's a necessity, I don't know about technics. But let me give you an example. I bought a new car in March. They told me it will be delivered within 4 to 6 weeks. Last week, 6 weeks later, they called me that the car has arrived. BUT I could pick it up this week (yesterday to be exact), as they have to do some presale checks. It was like hell, although I knew exactly WHAT I will pick up at WICH EXACT DATE. please compare this to the new update. We get SOMETHING at SOME RANDOM DATE. This is just superbad customer relation/communication.

Sandra

Just to clear any misunderstandings original timeline was 2015 I believe ( it was posted in this interview I think by the end of 2014) then the second was " best case March " idk how we got to May or June  or whatever date now and honestly I don't care just clearing some misunderstandings :P

I even asked what's worst case and kinda got lold at, that I am too negative :lol:

Just to clear any misunderstandings original timeline was 2015 I believe ( it was posted in this interview I think by the end of 2014) then the second was " best case March " idk how we got to May or June or whatever date now and honestly I don't care just clearing some misunderstandings :P

I even asked what's worst case and kinda got lold at, that I am too negative :lol:

Thank you, Riela. Please note that I edited my post meanwhile.

Guest Twiggy

Just to let people know I am getting frustrated with things to, not knowing when to expect things or even if we can expect certain things is a pain in the ass.

I definitely don't know all there is about Unity 5 but do know certain things and know how to find out others if it is important for me to know.

Those that know me know that I rarely defend the devs and I am not really meaning to defend them here either.

I can see how frustrated people are and what I try to do is explain a little on things I know about.

I completely agree 100% that the devs should keep us better informed to what is going on.

In some cases though I can see it is to their advantage not to.

In this case there are a few things I can see happening, one is that from the start they will not have been able to do any sort of decent estimate as to how long it would take to achieve what they were looking to do.

Some of the thing they have chosen to do when you look through explanations of what is involved in the Unity website itself it can be taken that it will only take a few hours to do that particular task.

Then when you actually go to do it, it can take much much longer, so giving any sort of estimate will have been hard.

They could have said something like it will likely take x amount of months which will have been good for us to know, but then what would a lot of people do, cancel their sub and wait, bad for the devs as they loose money.

Now I am not saying I agree with that, but I think you may understand why they would be reluctant to say it would be months.

Another thing I would like to point out is that in Unity most of the assets that are created now for some time are for Unity 5, things like shaders and plugins that a game like 3DX rely on.

Different hair styles will have different shaders and things like hair and even clothing will require shaders, if they are all being made for Unity 5 it gets to a stage where switching to it becomes very much a must for future updates.

I have said before that I believe the game is well at a stage where they could employ more developers and I wish they would do so.

If they had more staff they could have kept supplying new content while they worked on 3DXChat 2.

But for some reason they do not seem to want to do that.

Also as far as people leaving goes, they will know that when they do release 3DXChat 2 with all its shiny new graphics, that a whole heap of people that had cancelled their subs will suddenly come back.

So I don't think they are going to worry to much about people leaving or saying they are going to cancel.

When it is released there will be crowds of people in all the locations and a real buzz will go through the place, if for nothing more than just the amount of people that show up.

How long that will last I don't know but I am fairly certain that will happen and would say they are counting on that.

One thing I know from being around a while now, is we can bitch, complain and argue all we want in here, very rarely has it made any difference to the devs decisions.

Well said.

I would add that if you use part of the team to develop the 2.0 while the other part to add some updates in the meanwhile for the 1.0 (plus some communication), everybody will be happy to wait for the 2.0.

Everybody WILL BE HAPPY for the 2.0.

Everybody is NOW UNHAPPY for this behaviour, not game talking.

Kiss

Nion

Guest Twiggy

I think the team, in fact I am fairly certain of it, the team is just Gizmo and Lisa.

I would say that Lisa is working on some new features such as new poses and such to be released with 3DXChat 2.

2 reasons for that are I think they would not want to just have it as new graphics, they would want new features as well, the other is that anything added now would likely need to have things like shaders changed when they go to Unity 5.

Also I think although Lisa does the new animations and clothes and such, Gizmo is the one that adds them to the game and I think he would not want any interruptions to his concentration on what he is doing.

Unity 5 makes it so the animations are added differently, our avis will no longer carry around every animation with them, so any animation added now could be work not worth doing.

Also as far as people leaving goes, they will know that when they do release 3DXChat 2 with all its shiny new graphics, that a whole heap of people that had cancelled their subs will suddenly come back.

So I don't think they are going to worry to much about people leaving or saying they are going to cancel.

When it is released there will be crowds of people in all the locations and a real buzz will go through the place, if for nothing more than just the amount of people that show up.

How long that will last I don't know but I am fairly certain that will happen and would say they are counting on that.

One thing I know from being around a while now, is we can bitch, complain and argue all we want in here, very rarely has it made any difference to the devs decisions.

What a good way to not keeping them by letting them in the waiting and loosing steady income for development...just my opinion

I think the team, in fact I am fairly certain of it, the team is just Gizmo and Lisa.

I would say that Lisa is working on some new features such as new poses and such to be released with 3DXChat 2.

2 reasons for that are I think they would not want to just have it as new graphics, they would want new features as well, the other is that anything added now would likely need to have things like shaders changed when they go to Unity 5.

Also I think although Lisa does the new animations and clothes and such, Gizmo is the one that adds them to the game and I think he would not want any interruptions to his concentration on what he is doing.

Unity 5 makes it so the animations are added differently, our avis will no longer carry around every animation with them, so any animation added now could be work not worth doing.

The team is just Gizmo and Lisa!? Frenchtouch did awesome job for this game plateform in my opinion, I think she's also part of the team no? Or maybe I derails and I'm fucking out of the track to completely misunderstand you finally

Guest Twiggy

The team is just Gizmo and Lisa!? Frenchtouch did awesome job for this game plateform in my opinion, I think she's also part of the team no? Or maybe I derails and I'm fucking out of the track to completely misunderstand you finally

If we are going to include people creating custom content there are more than just FrenchTouch that have done things for the game.

I am talking about people who are actually part of the official development team.

And yes I agree with you FrenchTouch has done an awesome job and I wish they would open things up so various others that I know could do the same.

xMaceyx said...

Err... I make it half a year.

Twiggy said...

It's the only difference that I noticed. Wow, we can have our own backdrop for an apartment! Amazing ;)

what are you talking about ?

Omg. I am agreeing with Cordelia and Riela on the same day lol.

People are going oh look at those pretty new backdrops. It is diverting away from the more important issues to keep people off the devs backs for a few more months.

what are you talking about too ?