3DXChat Community

Stealing a great idea from Paulinus

SerenityWillow

It would be very helpful to the builders if there were a way to lock objects in place in your build so they cannot be selected.

This was a suggestion from Paulinus that I think is a very needed feature, especially when you are dealing with a build that has many pieces that took hours to place.

There are also times that when selecting stuff when building, you inadvertently move something that you do not want moved and you have to spend more hours to fix it, if it is even worth going through the hassle.

I really hope you devs consider this, it would make my life, and more than likely a lot of people's lives better building. Especially for new members that don't quite know all the nuances of using the editor.

10 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Better to build group out the main room, then merge them at the right position using one of the available tools, more this way no duplicate for you don't use copy/paste.

here is one

Many people don't like to use external programs, and most more than likely, don't know how to use some software. You give a lot of people the benefit of the doubt on being experienced computer users. Most are not.

Believe it or not, most pc users in USA anyway, are not very computer literate and all they know is how to the pc on or off.

I am very computer literate and hate using these apps as well. First of all, you have to know where exactly you want it at by using coordinates.

Most do not know what these are, a simple checkbox is something that any user can use regardless of their PC knowledge.

So yes this could be a viable option in the short term, but a check mark is a much easier approach.

what I keep doing is using a cube to pre-size the object in the room, and horizontally move it far from the main structure, ans working on the cube to keep the size correct. It's a little complex if you're making very small things, but the size and the accident delete thingys happeneds no more

• 2 weeks later...

This should have been 100% implemented long ago and I wish it did. I've worked in Rust Edit which is world building tool for Rust developed by single person, it had features like lock objects in place, hide them from view, list every object with their coords. These would have such HUGE QoL improvements to building and would help everyone. I can't even say how many times I tried to move one thing and boom full build selected and moved because I slipped or the gizmo was weird