3DXChat Community

Does Anyone Play As Themselves?

Horni4U

I try to reenact cold war veteran with post war stress disorders i twitch and limp around alot aswell as tlakign about post war days. I also liek to pretend i am possesed and scream randomly at people poking at them. But by far the most loved role is that of a drunk elderly morgue worker with a death phobia. It is all fun ! :o oh wait.. or were you tlaking about in game ? ingame i am as myself.

I see it as what it is- a Chat program with 3D graphical animation extras. I don't have a "Life" to live in this game. My life is here- Real Life- and I go on this game to chat with people, in a sexually charged environment. 

So uh. Yeah. I play myself. Especially on JamesJames.

Even when I'm playing my Male-Controlled Female Avi, JesseBomb, It's still me, I just go by She pronouns when I'm using that avatar. I suppose that means I'm playing SOMEWHAT of a role, but I'm genderqueer/bi/queer/fruity in real life, the game's not the first time I've worn heels :P So it's not that far of a stretch. I'm likely to call you "sweetheart", giggle at you, and bat my eyelids at you here in real-life, too.

TL;DR: I'm fabulous. Why would I want to change?

I'm much more silly and bitchy IRL  :lol: 

Seriously... How can't you be yourself? I mean even if you play a role or something, your real personality will always come out.

For myself, I'm kinda (a lot :P ) sulky in real life and I think it comes out pretty often in game... And even if I play with a male avi or a klingon avi or other, it won't change my personality.

After if you guys are talking about RP or things like that, it's not really my drug... The sex side of this game was predominating the first weeks, then really wearisome... And if you remove the sexual aspects, it lefts only a social 3D game where only your personality counts.

In majority of the adult games I've played I always encounter role players and hardly any real people as in someone who acts and talks like themselves. Those who do not pretend, do not fantasize, do not lie. Is there anyone in 3DX Chat that be themselves? Just how many are there compared to those who decieve? State how you play, tell why, and what you think about those who lie and those who be themselves.

I'm always in the role (with rare exceptions for very close friends) . I am is I am in real life . I have my job , friends , hobbies but i no have idea why i need it here in game .

I find here that which is not have in the real life , that's why I'm here .

I think games for play , real life for live . In (rp) games is  impossible to say that the person playing the role is a liar  in the bad sense of the word . The primary purpose of games is entertainment and as a rule in some role .

Yes , here we have some functionality for people who wanna meet in real life - chat . Maybe forum . Thats all . No more . 

Game cant will give us space to play ourselves . In games is not  so much realism and never will . Will be always only an illusion . I can play as myself . In real life I cant walk  on toes 24 hours a day for example .

Many roleplayers don't want to be on the forum . I am more than sure that the roleplayers in the game more than those who think that plays themselves . Here my opinion .

Be respectful to each other . Both sides creates our community . Anyway , enjoy your time here )

Hard to answer.

I think in ReaLife im wearing Masks. Im not really the person i want to be, because ... Life. Things like Job, relationsships and even some of our friends require a certain degree of masquerade. Some more (like your average day job) some less or even none at all (your best friends).

So here, i can drop those masks. Liberate myself and be the kind of person i want to be, without worrying about any consequences.

Who am I in the game? Am i actually my liberated self? Then i guess im playing as myself... or do i put on just another mask? 

Cant really tell, but i acutally do not care, cause liberated me is a blast to be around ;)

I try to reenact cold war veteran with post war stress disorders i twitch and limp around alot aswell as tlakign about post war days. I also liek to pretend i am possesed and scream randomly at people poking at them. But by far the most loved role is that of a drunk elderly morgue worker with a death phobia. It is all fun ! :o oh wait.. or were you tlaking about in game ? ingame i am as myself.

:lol:              I luv u Dande   :wub:

Don't hate me for saying this, but people who think they are themselves in game, aren't really. They act differently in real life.

One the other hand, role-players that break free of their players' personalities are even rarer.

Bottomline is that despite what we believe or want to that our characters are, we will always be in the middle ground.

Guest Skar

Don't hate me for saying this, but people who think they are themselves in game, aren't really. They act differently in real life.

One the other hand, role-players that break free of their players' personalities are even rarer.

Bottomline is that despite what we believe or want to that our characters are, we will always be in the middle ground.

Ok, I was about to forget about this topic altogether but I just find a bit too much to say that people can't be themselves in game.

First of all, what is the very definition of themselves. It simply mean being himself or herself. I mean, a lot of player doesn't put a lot of thought on how they behave and persona in game as it come naturally, the exact same way you do outside your computer.

Does people in game behave differently then in there everyday life ? Mostly yes, but it doesn't mean that they are not themselves. The human adapt to there environment and sure people won't act exactly the same in a virtual world that is sex oriented and free of std and other worrying.

But the value stay the same, ideal and a lot of there persona. It like asking someome to act the same way they do at home when they are on a survival trip in the middle of the wood. That person is bound to have different priorities and objective. But we will never doubt that this person is still himself at that time.

It is a little far fetch to say that people can't be themselves.

Now, do I expect players from 3dxchat to be themselves ? Not really,different peoples come for different reasons. All good to me if it doesn't involve messing with someone head.

Well, that is my take on the question.

Am I some kind of hunk looking guy in rl ? nope. But it not everyday that I enter someone appartement in RL and land in middle of a sex orgy.

Everyone is adjusting to there environment (3dxchat) and obviously they will express side of themselves that is more personal. Other will explore roles and put a stranger skin.

And let not forget the ones that consider trolling a form of entertainment...

Everyone is adjusting to there environment (3dxchat) and obviously they will express side of themselves that is more personal. Other will explore roles and put a stranger skin.

And that's the very reason it's impossible as I have mentioned already. Also remember that the major source of drama in game are players that think they play as themselves, but others that think the same for themselves, don't see it that way.

Actually, at the end of the day, role-players are the less "fake" characters in game.

ehhh, i wouldnt agree with that at all. Even role players are more themselves then they like to think, Unless they are a trained actor. It might be a different side of them but still them. You are who you are and what you are will always come out no matter how hard you try to mask it. The only thing the net does is bring out a more aggressive side because they are free from getting throat punched by what they say as they would in real life

Just my opinion, others may disagree and thats fine. 

I would also argue that a lot of these "RPers" are not Role players at all. they just use it as an excuse to troll or fuck with peoples heads.  Keep in mind i am not talking about the majority of them but some are in my opinion.  Dont want to degrade actual Rpers because there are some who dont have ulterior motives for doing it.

And that's the very reason it's impossible as I have mentioned already. Also remember that the major source of drama in game are players that think they play as themselves, but others that think the same for themselves, don't see it that way.

Actually, at the end of the day, role-players are the less "fake" characters in game.

I think the real problem is incompatible expectation between players.

It as nothing to do with players having self delusion about been themselves. I am not even sure how you can do that. Sure, some people can have some self delusion about things in there life, but not really about there own self.

Be or not to be.

And sorry, the whole I am less fake then you argument is void. I mean, serious, it all about being honest with ourself at the best we can.

It really all about expectation and yes people get disappointed and hurt sometime.

But please, the whole : you are so fake at being yourself... I think I am the best to know how close I am from my persona.

The whole "fake" argument is another silly one too. All that matter to me is the intention behind the actions. I don't care if the person is himself or RP, if the act is done with vile intent, to hurt, to fool or to manipulate : it all the same evil to me.

I would also argue that a lot of these "RPers" are not Role players at all. they just use it as an excuse to troll or fuck with peoples heads.  Keep in mind i am not talking about the majority of them but some are in my opinion.  Dont want to degrade actual Rpers because there are some who dont have ulterior motives for doing it.

The same can be said about those who play as themselves . It does not matter , roleplayer or not .

The same can be said about those who play as themselves . It does not matter , roleplayer or not .

I said the people who ARENT really rpers but using it as a crutch for when they get caught. Not actual role players

I think the real problem is incompatible expectation between players.

It as nothing to do with players having self delusion about been themselves. I am not even sure how you can do that. Sure, some people can have some self delusion about things in there life, but not really about there own self.

Be or not to be.

And sorry, the whole I am less fake then you argument is void. I mean, serious, it all about being honest with ourself at the best we can.

It really all about expectation and yes people get disappointed and hurt sometime.

But please, the whole : you are so fake at being yourself... I think I am the best to know how close I am from my persona.

The whole "fake" argument is another silly one too. All that matter to me is the intention behind the actions. I don't care if the person is himself or RP, if the act is done with vile intent, to hurt, to fool or to manipulate : it all the same evil to me.

Find out the true motives of action not so easy . Not always logic and facts will be able to understand why a person did something . The question is why would we need to know and can we judge/condemn . 

Find out the true motives of action not so easy . Not always logic and facts will be able to understand why a person did something . The question is why would we need to know and can we judge/condemn . 

I will gladly judge and condemned something that I find inappropriate. There no way I will keep quiet if I see someone been bullied or treated badly, if I do that I wouldn't be myself. 

If I didn't react to something that I find wrong, I would really no be true to myself.

There nothing I dislike more in 3dxchat then people that do wrong to someone else and then try to get away with it telling that it was all RPing. Playing the bad guy or girl... sure.

I am usually patient and I try to understand the situation, but there a limit. Sure, some people can act in an impulsive way and sometime they do mistake, but been a adult, for me, it about  taking responsabilities for our actions.  

I will gladly judge and condemned something that I find inappropriate. There no way I will keep quiet if I see someone been bullied or treated badly, if I do that I wouldn't be myself. 

If I didn't react to something that I find wrong, I would really no be true to myself.

There nothing I dislike more in 3dxchat then people that do wrong to someone else and then try to get away with it telling that it was all RPing. Playing the bad guy or girl... sure.

I am usually patient and I try to understand the situation, but there a limit. Sure, some people can act in an impulsive way and sometime they do mistake, but been a adult, for me, it about  taking responsabilities for our actions.  

Yeah, but you sit back and let people bully role players? How is that fair or right? How is that being a stand up guy. Seriously, is it because they don't want to connect their real life to their in game character? Is that your entire criteria for what is good or not? Far too often here on this forum I see blatant hate writing being allowed just because the people being attacked are role players. "They are liars" "they are fakes" "that lady you were talking to was a guy" "I hate those fakes, we should make them all post their real life pictures to play" etc etc. Dozens of threads on the subject. 

It's frustrating and unfair. 

This topic is a provocation , topicstarter initially divides people here on those who play as themselves, and those who lie (speaking about roleplayers) .
Rplayers in RPG it's all rightIt's like the question of whether to live the Chinese in China . Conflicts in this topic it's all right . Any pressure causes a reaction .

This topic is a provocation , topicstarter initially divides people here on those who play as themselves, and those who lie (speaking about roleplayers) .

Rplayers in RPG it's all rightIt's like the question of whether to live the Chinese in China . Conflicts in this topic it's all right . Any pressure causes a reaction .

No one need reply or write in this topic :)

We have two kind of players, the players who want play as her true personality and the role players. Also need no one write in the roleplay Forum...

I don't agree with your argument of provocation.

It's everyones personal choices play as what he want or reply in this topic.