3DXChat Community

Does Anyone Play As Themselves?

Horni4U

I haven't played as myself since I was little, I usually play a female avatar for the better clothing options, being a photographer may have to do with that, but I also don't hide behind my avatar in games. So my personality is me. As you can see I am very social and open about my life and who I am :)

• 2 weeks later...

i always play as myself!

Β 

theres not much sense in being somthing that your not , wouldnt you rather people like you and your personality as how it is?

Β 

i might be a little different and weird to most people but im always myself!

Β 

Leah.

• 1 month later...

I play as myself but omit details that might identify me irl. My reactions are my own, My likes/dislikes are my own. How I treat people is my own way of treating people. I'm more reserved in some ways and less reserved in other ways, mostly based on what is acceptable irl.

I also prefer to "play" myself in this game because I like to be authentic and roleplaying every minute

would be somehow too stressy for me.

Β 

Besides from that I also roleplay in some certain moments :rolleyes:

Β 

So maybe you could call me somehow a switch? *lol* :D;)

No one can be himself in a game.

Β 

Why not ? If someone can roleplay some random character ? Why couldn't someone "roleplay" their own personnality.

Β 

Ofc we don't all look like perfectly shaped clones irl, but how hard is it to inject one's true personnality in the avatar you are using. I fail to see how that's impossible.

Guest RobT

everyone is a part of there true self in game. I dont care if you are rping or not. Unless your a trained actor a part of you is bound to come out. with me i am more my true self in one on one conversations and more a ham or ass, depending on who you ask in wc, etc.Β 

Chaostika, you need to append "pg" to make your sarcastic image visible ;)

Β 

RobT and Shanti, you are saying almost the same thing with me.

Β 

The main reason we can not be ourselves in games is the environment we act in. Let's take sex for example, no pregnancy, no STDs, no pain, no permanent wounds, etc. Even if one role plays any of the above, the other player has complete control about the consequences.

Β 

This just an example, the lack of any sort of authority and physical needs differentiate players' behaviour even more. And don't even want to touch on the consequences in the social and professional life because of each individual's sexual preferences.

The main reason we can not be ourselves in games is the environment we act in. Let's take sex for example, no pregnancy, no STDs, no pain, no permanent wounds, etc. Even if one role plays any of the above, the other player has complete control about the consequences.

Β 

This just an example, the lack of any sort of authority and physical needs differentiate players' behaviour even more. And don't even want to touch on the consequences in the social and professional life because of each individual's sexual preferences.

Β 

Yes I agree with you...

Β 

But I think the most ppl here talk about her mind :)

Β 

Ofc isn't the game a part of our real life! We comes on-line and our mind is behind a Avatar and no one know really much about our self.

We can play at what ever we want so long we want or go off-line ...

Β 

For example: a guy had a dream for be a girl, that's here no problem as RP

But also a lot other ppl are very happy with her self and don't want play a role...

Β 

This ppl goes on-line, talk about her life, meet ppl, chat a bit and have fun and a great time :)

Β 

Β 

lymmt.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Consequences?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β consequences? i guess as always?

Β 

Β 

β€œWe are free to choose our paths, but we can't choose the consequences that come with them.” - ― Sean Covey, The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens

Β 

β€œWhen you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. When you desire a consequence you had damned well better take the action that would create it.” ― Lois McMaster Bujold, Memory

Β 

Β 

Β 

Chaostika, you need to append "pg" to make your sarcastic image visible ;)

Β 

done...thank you sweety

Β 

large.gif

Β 

ps: i think the pic only shows when one is loged into the forum :ph34r:

Guest Doll

Β 

lymmt.jpg

You lead a blessed existence if things really are this simple for you Sir...but as I've said before I just try to be a better me here...the me I want myself to be irl. That's not so easy irl for all sorts of reasons...and in some ways this is helping me explore myself and to help me become who I want to be. In fact it has already done so in some ways.

Β 

I can only assume at least some other people here are like me in that way...and in fact that people come here for all sorts of different reasons...none of which is more valid than the other...nor more deserving of sarcasm and denigration than any other.

Β 

Love u all xx

We love you too Doll. :)

Β 

And I completely agree with everything you said. People of all walks of life, ages, backgrounds, varying responsibilities, come here for probably as wide a variety of reasons as there are patrons, and every one of those reasons is valid and worthwhile and shouldn't be subject to ridicule. To each their own desired fun, indulged fantasy, stroked and caressed imagination! So long as they aren't intentionally bringing harm to anyone else, why should we be anything but supportive?