3DXChat Community

How to kill the game's editor music

Stellania

I cannot take the credit for this find.

My friend CICELY actually posted the info in a discord pm.

So if you want to kill the game's editor music, while still keeping the radio stations and public streams intact. Here's what you need to do.

You'll need something that can let you see what IPs a certain app connects to.

I use NetLimiter Pro, because with that, I can also throttle individual apps, e.g. Windows Update, from hogging all my bandwidth (https://www.netlimiter.com/)

1) in the game, enter the editor
2) look at the IPs the game is connected to: you're looking for one that's talking to port 8000 somewhere:

unknown.png

3) open WIndows Firewall (or whatever firewall you're using) and create a new rule:

unknown.png

make sure the rule applies to 3dxchat

unknown.png

configure it for port 8000

unknown.png

limit the scope to the IP address of the editor music server:

unknown.png

finally, enable the rule, job done.

Enjoy!

And if you see Cicely in the game .. just drop her a PM to thank her!

I'm not criticizing anybody's point.

They are all valid but I understand why she did it. It's annoying for Builder and people that modify their character a lot to have to go into the sub menu and then check off the music tab.

I'm just passing the information around for those that might want to do it. Use it at your convenience.

What would be a lot easier is to have a different toggle 4 World editor and character editor to be able to shut down the music.

I just appreciate the fact that somebody found a more permanent solution.

Hi Stellania,

I'm sorry if you took it bad, I wasn't criticizing. On the contrary, I appreciate very much that you share solutions with us.

Only, I'm not a computer geek, so the solution you showed seems so complicated and dangerous (I get the creeps when I have to start messing with my computer settings), while turning the rotary button on your speakers does exactly the same thing without any complication...

But hey... who am I...  :ph34r: 

Kiss, Layla

I cannot take the credit for this find.

My friend CICELY actually posted the info in a discord pm.

So if you want to kill the game's editor music, while still keeping the radio stations and public streams intact. Here's what you need to do.

You'll need something that can let you see what IPs a certain app connects to.

I use NetLimiter Pro, because with that, I can also throttle individual apps, e.g. Windows Update, from hogging all my bandwidth (https://www.netlimiter.com/)

1) in the game, enter the editor

2) look at the IPs the game is connected to: you're looking for one that's talking to port 8000 somewhere:

unknown.png

3) open WIndows Firewall (or whatever firewall you're using) and create a new rule:

unknown.png

make sure the rule applies to 3dxchat

unknown.png

configure it for port 8000

unknown.png

limit the scope to the IP address of the editor music server:

unknown.png

finally, enable the rule, job done.

Enjoy!

And if you see Cicely in the game .. just drop her a PM to thank her!

Cee is teh bomb! She told me yesterday about the fix I am glad that her brilliant tip made it to the forums. Even though its one of the more Nerdy Solutions.

Hi Stellania,

I'm sorry if you took it bad, I wasn't criticizing. On the contrary, I appreciate very much that you share solutions with us.

Only, I'm not a computer geek, so the solution you showed seems so complicated and dangerous (I get the creeps when I have to start messing with my computer settings), while turning the rotary button on your speakers does exactly the same thing without any complication...

But hey... who am I...  :ph34r: 

Kiss, Layla

Oh sweety,

Don't worry.. I didn't take it bad at all! Everyone has a right to their opinion and I don't really get offended by written words.

The fact of the matter is, some people like to listen to their music or whatever .. they're watching a movie or something while working. Turning the knob on your speaker system shuts down sounds coming from that as well.

Yes, turning off the audio from the game is simple.. but you have to do it everytime. I just like permanent solution.

So don't worry, I didn't take it bad at all! :)

Kisses!

Out of curiosity is there anyway you change it that so the IP address points to an alternative stream or does this open the old legal can o’ worms?

I appreciate I can mute and have music playng from an alternative source, I’m just curious if it’s a simple modification that you can make.

That is a good question and I don't think it's possible to be honest. With Cee did was just block the IP from where the music was playing.

I'm not computer savvy enough to know if you can re-route to another ip using firewall rules but i doubt it.

OR.. just disable the music in the settings?

2492af3ebb.png

The point Cicely was trying to make is to not have to go into any submenu and have music on when visiting rooms and have it off permanently when in world or character editors.

I think like her, it's annoying to have to go in the submenu toggle it on or off depending on what I'm doing.

Not hard.. Just annoying.