3DXChat Community

User Rooms

Gizmo

User Rooms 

Please post your feedback in this topic. How we should improve this feature?

What are User Rooms?

Now you can set your apartment as open location for all players and have your own party or show at your place.

Note: It's still a test feature

How can I make my apartment available to all players?

Click  'Map' - 'Open for all'

userrooms1.jpg

How can we join to opened rooms?

Click  'Map' - 'User Rooms' to view a list o opened rooms.

Click  'Join' to enter the apartment.

userrooms2.jpg

How can I close my room?

Click  'Map' - 'Close' All players will be disconnected from closed room.

userrooms3.jpg

Why Home Editor is disabled?

You can't use Home Editor while your room is opened. Close your room first and then edit your apartment.

Strip poles.

Chains, ropes so I can restrain Fey on the bed.

Walls. We should be able to partition the space.

More space.

More furniture. Tables for instance or a bar...and ability to have sex on them.

Spin the bottle game.

More warm lightning and dark rooms. Well...providing ability to place walls will provide that anyway.

Ability to play custom music.

Wall decorations.

Strip poles.

Chains, ropes so I can restrain Fey on the bed.

Walls. We should be able to partition the space.

More space.

More furniture. Tables for instance or a bar...and ability to have sex on them.

Spin the bottle game.

More warm lightning and dark rooms. Well...providing ability to place walls will provide that anyway.

Wall decorations.

Good and cool ideas Freya, I agree

Guest Suikazura

I thought the idea was to make it so that a group of friends or people you wanted could come party at your home? As it is now you open your home up as another "free area". Kind of kills the usefulness if you want to hold a party with friends and random strangers keep popping in.

I can't see me using this new feature as it currently is. Should I wish to throw a party, I will just do multiple solo invites, as we always have.

Guest SoFlaBoy

I think you should keep the ability to 'open to all', but you def need ability to open to certain users or have the 'invite' feature simply take the person invited there instead of both to make the individual invite process easier

Maybe a reverse invite button that gives the owner the chance to accept or decline the requester from joining room, much like any other request in the game.

Music and games at the house would be nice, too for parties.

I think it would be better if we could open room for a certain group of people, and not for all the players, I mean, for each player individually

Nice Idea... I think this is really cool :)

When there a way is for setup a user defined temporary stream Link in the Home, I think then can this work. :)

But a upload from user music to the Game Server, this is too much ressources and I think no way!

It's good idea to allow to organise a home party.

I have the same view than the last posts: music in user room is important.

I add a new small feature: to allow to add a small description to our party:

• "Blue party, everyone is wearing blue clothes"
  • "Soirée francophone" (french party)

I want this feature :)

So, I open my room, my friends come in, then I close my room and all people disconnects from the room. Pretty useless.

Also there are plenty of rooms public now, and they are empty. There should be indicator about how many people are in the room, the party name, indicator about the owner of the room is at home or not.

Also if you start focusing direction to making customisable rooms without making new core-game features (animations that everyone's opinion is lack of, poses, clothing, character customisation things), this feature won't change the world and people will just be bored as now, and just consumes developement capacity. For example there were no new pose for 2 months now. Maybe you should set up a detailed web-questionnaire about every aspect of the game to seen what people would like to be improved.

Gizmo,

The idea is neat, and as it evolves it'll be a much better experience, but as it is now it only causes more inconveniences than anything else. So far this update only spotlights how necessary other features are.. such as PMing from friends list. Now if we see friends online that we want to message, instead of hopping around 6 maps.. users may end up having to look through potentially all the maps + the user created rooms. This is going to be extremely annoying, and it would all be easier if we could simply private message a friend from our friends list.. instead of having to hop through so many rooms just to be able to message someone.

Yes, I know we could simply try using world chat to see where a person is, but majority of the people simply ignore world chat for various reasons. Especially when it's spammy.

tl;dr - We need to be able to private message directly from our friends list.

This is a step in the right direction, but as others have mentioned, additional functionality is needed. Another important point is that if you allow people to make their room open to the public, you also need a way to enable them to ensure the privacy of their guests, which means giving the room owner the ability to kick and ban troublemakers. Also, the ability to PM from your friend list is now essential.

Also, this is so minor I hate to say it, but is there no way to make the chat window and other dialog boxes sizable? I mean, they are already movable, so how hard could it be to make them sizable?

I think an important additional feature is the ability to see how many users are in each of the maps. Like when scrolling through the user rooms, a number on the side also showing how many people currently in that room.. so people don't have to waste time hopping through empty maps anymore.

Thanks for listing/sorting by amount of people in a room

On the top left of our screen it shows who we are partnered with at the time, is it possible to use that area to have a list of users in the room? Just names, nothing special. When I'm not in freecam, with how my room is set up sometimes I don't have good angles to look at the spawn, and dont notice people joining or moving around in that area.

Guest Suikazura

Update: Added sorting rooms by players.

Next: Open for friends option

The problem with "Open for friends" is if you are with a group. Some are friends, some are friends of friends, but not all are on your friends list. In this scenario this option wouldn't work well. Though I do think this is a logical addition to the current public room options menu.

It would be really nice if you could close the room without kicking the people who are already in the room out. 

This would be maybe the best solution. The ability to open the room to the public, have everyone going move to your home, then close the home to any additional people coming in, but have the people currently there, stay.

Some ability to kick out anyone who you didn't want to be there should also be an option, with this system. It isn't really a problem with the "open to friends" option. If a friend shows up that wasn't "invited", they should be courteous enough to leave if asked (like a male friend shows up to an all girls party :D ).

A third option might be the ability to "open to group". Meaning everyone currently in your group chat window would receive an invite or be given access to your home. This way as others join the group chat, they would also be given access to your home (a friend's friend comes on, they leave and add them to the group chat, then both can come back to the home).