3DXChat Community
Sign in to follow this  
LandLord

3dxSimSexCity

Hello every one.

I am thinking about creating a new 3dxchat community inside the game. It will be something like big city for players. We could say it will be SimCity for all players. You will be live in your houses and work in your own clubs or yours own streets in one place (places will be send by you personaly). We can establish a city council, police an other things or you can be normal citizen. What all of you think about that idea.

Ive been building a map with this very idea in mind, ive been working on and off for around 12 months or more, and not in a hurry because without a local area chat, it is near on impossible for a persistent open world roleplay. We have been using it for our closed group sessions as the local chat doesnt overlap, but I opened it one day and as soon as 3 or 4  seperate convos started happening it became a mess with people not knowing whom was mentioning who, even though they were at the other end of town, a quarter of a mile away.

If that is your in game name, if I see you around I will load it up and let you have a look at it.

22 hours ago, JenC said:

Ive been building a map with this very idea in mind, ive been working on and off for around 12 months or more, and not in a hurry because without a local area chat, it is near on impossible for a persistent open world roleplay. We have been using it for our closed group sessions as the local chat doesnt overlap, but I opened it one day and as soon as 3 or 4  seperate convos started happening it became a mess with people not knowing whom was mentioning who, even though they were at the other end of town, a quarter of a mile away.

If that is your in game name, if I see you around I will load it up and let you have a look at it.

I've seen this at Stiff Energy Solutions a lot. As of right now, given that we can only work with private or local chat, I prefer RP with a single partner, or at least a rather small group of people. The idea is fun but I guess it'll take quite a few updates to get there.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:46 PM, TheCarlito said:

I've seen this at Stiff Energy Solutions a lot. As of right now, given that we can only work with private or local chat, I prefer RP with a single partner, or at least a rather small group of people. The idea is fun but I guess it'll take quite a few updates to get there.

I dont even know if its on their radar as RPers are only a small group of the overall population, but heres the thing, Ive seen plenty come and leave because of the lack of tools for RP so its always going to be a hard grind to build a decent amount of players to voice a loud enough opinion.

You cant say they didnt think about RP though as they added the /emote into the chat, which is an RP command, though most just use it to spam their rooms, so they were thinking about RP when making the game but stopped there. But you also have to remember that when released, we didnt have the world builder so RP was always going to be confined to a single small room and not an entire city we can now make.

Actually three simple things would be enough to skyrocket the group RP activities:

1. Multiple group chats. 

2. Permanent group chats, the ones you will not leave by logging out of the game.

3. Local chat that can only be heard by people in, for example, 10 meters in all directions from the one who speaks.

11 hours ago, Xizl said:

3. Local chat that can only be heard by people in, for example, 10 meters in all directions from the one who speaks.

What is the sense of that? Just a visual effect? By F5 the effect will be only visual 😏

4 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

What is the sense of that? Just a visual effect? By F5 the effect will be only visual 😏

Well I think it should be heard around the avi, not around the camera. The sense of that to talk only with people nearby. It can be very useful for big group RPs.

15 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Well I think it should be heard around the avi, not around the camera. The sense of that to talk only with people nearby. It can be very useful for big group RPs.

I've never seen it around avi only. Nice idea, at least it sounds interesting.

And of course I don't mean that old local chat, the one that can be heard by whole location should be removed. I just want two local chats (well, obviously they need to be named differently 🤔) - one for a whole location and one that can be heard only around the avi.