3DXChat Community

PATCHING FAILED

Kisha

4 hours ago, LynnBecula said:

I am having the same issues. Try to download the patcher and run as administrator but it fails to work. Have switched off firewall and tried again with the same results. The game does not appear to begin to download, so I cannot reinstall the game. Currently no access to the game whatsoever. Quite frustrating.

Same with me! 

4 hours ago, LynnBecula said:

I am having the same issues. Try to download the patcher and run as administrator but it fails to work. Have switched off firewall and tried again with the same results. The game does not appear to begin to download, so I cannot reinstall the game. Currently no access to the game whatsoever. Quite frustrating.

Same with me!  I'm at the end of my patience! 

Anti-virus is off, running as admin. went and changed registry,WTF??!!!

8 hours ago, NiceKati said:

I have no idea why people still use third party antivirus /firewalls.

The components which come with windows10 are at least as good and reliable as any third party stuff, but they avoid a lot of problems posted here in the forum.

Also be sure to work always with an administrator account, NOT only with the run-as-administrator-function.

I totally agree with you..a third party stuff is not needed.

15 hours ago, Robi said:

I totally agree with you..a third party stuff is not needed.

It IS the Windows 10 Firewall that the patch is getting hung up on.  I have had to completely turn off my firewall at times to let the patch in.  As to 3rd party virus protection?  If it was not needed there would be no computer viruses anymore.  Or hacking.  Many also use their computers for work and it is required by their jobs.

I run Kaspersky Total Security and before I run any 3dx patch I will turn it off. I even have the entire 3dx folder added to the managed exclusions on Kaspersky and yet I still had to uninstall and reinstall. Thank God I only had to do that once. 

3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

As to 3rd party virus protection?  If it was not needed there would be no computer viruses anymore.  Or hacking.  Many also use their computers for work and it is required by their jobs.

It IS not needed, as Windows defender is at least as good as any 3rd party programs, but without a lot of the issues discussed here, not to mention, that e.g. Kaspersky itself had a malware-like behaviour, sending permanently user data to a server without any notice.

Edited by NiceKati

2 hours ago, MeiLing said:

No it is not so long. Try to run the patcher as admin. 

i did but same thing happens. also i can only see main rooms like yacht, beach etc. i can't see other rooms, i only see ocean when i invite someone to my room or when i go to someones room.

I've tried everything that's been mentioned in this post, except for running as admin I cant get it to let me run as admin. the patcher runs for awhile, gets through like 4 or 5 full bars and half another bar, then fails on me every time. ive been trying to get it to run for the better part of a day probably 14 or more times and nothing. I've deleted everything 3dx related, I've made the files that were suggested excluded in my firewall some of those files I cant find though, and ive tried turning everything off on my antivirus and still it fails I keep sending report after report about it. 

3 hours ago, Hollyfuta said:

I've tried everything that's been mentioned in this post, except for running as admin I cant get it to let me run as admin. the patcher runs for awhile, gets through like 4 or 5 full bars and half another bar, then fails on me every time. ive been trying to get it to run for the better part of a day probably 14 or more times and nothing. I've deleted everything 3dx related, I've made the files that were suggested excluded in my firewall some of those files I cant find though, and ive tried turning everything off on my antivirus and still it fails I keep sending report after report about it. 

Hi Holly,

Are running as an admin or as a standard user on your machine? If you are running as a standard user, you will need to run as an admin for this to work correctly. There are lots of articles on how to activate the Admin in Windows 7 and 10. Also set your user profile top Admin as well.

I had to exclude the following files from my antivirus:  Patcher.exe, FileBrowser.exe, 3DXChat.exe for the update to work and the program to function properly. My firewall is also run by my A/V, so excluding those from realtime scanning allows me to run these correctly. Also check the quarantine are of your Antivirus and see if those files have been placed there. If they have, restore them, and add them to your exclude.

Hope this helps, 

John

I tried to open/patch the game now 3 times but the patching always fails. I even had to re-install the game a few times to try again. Is there a bigger problem atm? Or what shall I do?

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like your antiviris is stopping it.

Follow these steps and hopefully it will work again and allow the update patches through your windows and antivirus firewalls.

Search your PC for   "Allow applications through windows defender firewall "

Click on change settings  .  top right

click on  "allow another application"   bottom right

Search for 3dxchat  and click on it. Then add the 3 things below. 

3DXChat.exe

Patcher.exec

FileBrowser.exec

Add them one by one  and click ok so they are allowed through your Wndows Defender Firewall.

Then do the same type of thing by going into your own antivirus firewall settings to add them as well. 

Search for  allow application or allow programme   and follow the same kind of steps.

Hope this works for you. It has for me and happily the last two patches have updated without stalling.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, RobMC said:

This is ridiculous! 

I turned off anti-virus. I changed registry like someone suggested,I ran as admin,STILL, patching FAILS!

WTF is going on? I never had this issue before,and I JUST paid for another month!

It's 2019, is there still people using anti virus softwares lol. It's not 2005. Keep your Windows updated, never close Windows Defender and use AdBlock it's enough.

However. Deleting game folder completely and download/install from zero can be easiest solution. https://3dxchat.com/download.php

If this won't fix the problem I can recommend more advanced solutions.

Edited by reasoner512

11 minutes ago, Tritz said:

I didnt find the .exec documents so i just deactivated my firewall completely - but it didnt run again. Seems like I will have to live without 3dx from now on... 😥

After deactivating or changing settings on your firewall reboot your computer.  Do the same with virus protection.  Have you cleaned your cache and registry?  If not, do that too.