3DXChat Community

Why multiple avatars per account?

Jola

Guest BooBear

LauraM makes several good points here.

However, I think it would be wise for the game developers to do a couple of things to help and ease some of user concerns. 

this may have already been proposed, but perhaps in a different way.  

Consider this:    The displaying of AVI names...."in Game"   

1) The person whom I am not friends with = White Avatar Name Displayed

2) The person whom I have accepted as a friend (main AVI- first slot)= Green Avatar Name Displayed

3) The person whom is on my friends list but is playing as an alt (on same account) = Yellow Avatar Displayed

4) The person whom is on my blacklist = Red Avatar is Displayed (when they dance, sit , are lying down, or having sex)

So WHITE, GREEN, YELLOW, AN RED.

Also, I think someone should NOT be allowed to delete their 1st Main Character which they created. 

There is no fool proof why of completely avoiding deception here, BUT it can help to deter people if more work is involved to be deceptive.       Thoughts? 

I agree that something absolutely has to be done. This topic has very negatively affected me directly! I can see what everyone is saying but haven't formed an opinion until I can process all the pros and cons of both sides and that comes only with experience. What I do know is that I have been a member here for less than 2 weeks and have been accused of being so many different other people's AVI's, second accounts, and/or Alts. The constant interrogations, harassment, and conspiracy theories is very disruptive and makes the game not fun at times. The saddest part is that some of the biggest offenders of this treatment are the veterans. The very people that I was told to look to as they were good people and would help guide me through this 3dx world. I am sure there are many people that wouldn't have been strong enough to endure this treatment and decide that it's just not worth it. As a new member, I am sure this has and will continue to drive people away.

And for the record.....I am Adara....NO ONE ELSE....Never have been anyone else....And I do not have an Alt.

I am sorry about your experience Adara, and I hope the situation gets resolved in the best possible way. However, that still doesn't mean a majority of users that use alts to live out their different fantasies should pay for the misdemeanors of a minority. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE screenshot and report assholes like that.

I think we aren't looking at the simplest possible solution to people using different Avatars to harrass others. If a player harrasses others and gets blocked, then ALL of his/her alts get blocked too. If he/she gets reported and abuse is confirmed by the admins then block all avatars in his/her account and ban him/her for at least a month. Hit them where it hurts: their  wallets.

And Boobear, once again I would not like my friends to see a different color name if I am using an alt I created especially to be able to do things they disapprove of. You just KNOW that is a recipe for disaster, because you can be certain that they will want to find out who is behind the account. I do like the red color for blacklisted people, that is a great idea.

Well I've been following this debate for a while now and the various opinions.  What is clear is that no solution will please everyone but that is just like real life stuff, like what's on TV or who runs the country.

On reflection I do have one very simple solution: those who can fight off the trolls, who can be totally un-bothered by them, who can see through a liar and a cheat when faced with one - these people remain on 3dx.

Those, like me, who find it harder, either grow a thicker lining and play on or simply leave.  That way all those players who play fairly - of whom there are many - aren't disadvantaged by the behaviour of a few.  And the more I think about it, the more logical a solution that seems.

For now, I'll sit on the fence and wonder whether to return to 3dx in time...  I have to say, being away from the game is absolutely a breath of fresh air - I hadn't appreciated how totally addictive it is. And when I think I can balance real life and play more fairly, I may return.

<<HUGS Macca :P>>>

Well I've been following this debate for a while now and the various opinions.  What is clear is that no solution will please everyone but that is just like real life stuff, like what's on TV or who runs the country.

On reflection I do have one very simple solution: those who can fight off the trolls, who can be totally un-bothered by them, who can see through a liar and a cheat when faced with one - these people remain on 3dx.

Those, like me, who find it harder, either grow a thicker lining and play on or simple leave.  That way all those players who play fairly - of whom there are many - aren't disadvantaged by the behaviour of a few.  And the more I think about it, the more logical a solution that seems.

RobbertM... I wonder whether you've really faced up to the truth and changed for the better or whether you're still playing your sad little games.

For now, I'll sit on the fence and wonder whether to return to 3dx in time...  I have to say, being away from the game is absolutely a breath of fresh air - I hadn't appreciated how totally addictive it is. And when I think I can balance real life and play more fairly, I may return.

<<HUGS Macca :P>>>

PLEASE come back!!! I miss you!!! No one to keep me in check anymore!! ;)

Guest BooBear

In no way have I endorsed or encouraged the previous gaming tactics in which RobbertM has engaged in, I do however vouch for his remorse and apparent reconciliation of all previously deceptive practices.

Since then, he has been very true to his main AVI and has not been identified as a player who actively seeks to "continue on" in his old patterns.   Certainly, I can only speak for my own findings, but he has clearly made positive strides.... as of recent. 

PLEASE come back!!! I miss you!!! No one to keep me in check anymore!! ;)

Well you know I can't before the end of August at the earliest... :P

That is far too long to have to wait to see your sexy ass dancing on the yacht ;P

(Sorry totally off topic here!)

I thought this conversation was quite apt to this thread and just came into my hands at the right time. It shows us all the missuse of alts in the game by the few individuals who try mind games or as stated "fuck him over" Its not surprising it came from this player who is well known for his use female avis and his mind games to "fuck him over". Its these players who have caused other less suspecting players to be upset and even quit the game. Its sad what jealousy does to some people what it will drive them to, to try and ruin someones game

post-289-0-22383700-1404365497_thumb.png

I think name-shaming these players will make others think twice before trying to mess with others. Its a shame it comes to this but its the only way to stop the awful behaviour. Yes blocking them blah blah blah works for the 1 person, but it does not stop the player moving onto his next target.. I think you need to look at this a whole, how it effects other players and not just your own game.

Name-shame away people, as long as you have evidence, as stewie has shown in his post. These players need to know they can no longer hide and abuse others freely.. Then and only then will this 3 Avi's not be an issue..

I think name-shaming these players will make others think twice before trying to mess with others. Its a shame it comes to this but its the only way to stop the awful behaviour. Yes blocking them blah blah blah works for the 1 person, but it does not stop the player moving onto his next target.. I think you need to look at this a whole, how it effects other players and not just your own game.

Name-shame away people, as long as you have evidence, as stewie has shown in his post. These players need to know they can no longer hide and abuse others freely.. Then and only then will this 3 Avi's not be an issue..

This is also against the rules. If someone is breaking them by harassment, report them. Publicly naming and shaming shouldn't be allowed, it's just drama.

Act like adults, people.  Seriously.

I been around for about a decade in these sorts of platforms and Now I am very new to 3DX, about a month into it, when everygoing to chime in on why people have multi avatars

1. Some come here to live out Fantasies they can not in real life, it is a big attraction for people in these sorts of games. Now the majority of them DO NOT do this to hurt people, it is said a few do, but that is life and found every where

--Now myself why I would have multi avatars. 

---I have friends that enjoy my style of creativity and have come to me saying they would like to fill a fantasy of theirs. I am also the type of person that LOVES to create there for more than willing to play with a friend with this.

----I have in the past even made Male avatars to help them because they prefer a deep romantic fantasy and lets face it a woman can understand a woman better more times than not. plus it is easier to relax around some one you know

Now I am very new here, a bout a month in, but I can also see signs of people that can and will cause drama from experience and have no regrets cutting all ties to them fast. I also have suffered in other platforms from extreme cases of trolls and talking from experience they will only make new accounts to get to you if they fill the need. Only thing that will stop them is reporting them and 3DX putting a serious IP ban on them. Yes it is stupid that some people fill the need to take hate to another level but the attitudes I am seeing here are a huge turn off.

PLEASE DO NOT START PLAYING MORALE POLICE HERE

Doing so you will become just as bad as the people that are attacking, screen shot every thing report them to 3DX

Thank you for your time

Lets just agree to disagree here.. :)

Im pretty new to this environment and I guess I don't really get the 'living out fantasies' when im looking a computer screen and using a keyboard.. Can someone please PM me and tell me how exactly fantasies can be lived out here (unless the fantasy is with your computer). Lets face it, when we rp, the actions aren't really happening.. im soooo confused..

Im more of a social player and just don't like seeing the friends I have made here being hurt or targeted. Sorry if that offends people.

I to will now bow out of this thread..

This is also against the rules. If someone is breaking them by harassment, report them. Publicly naming and shaming shouldn't be allowed, it's just drama.

Act like adults, people.  Seriously.

Brun, if someone is putting it out that there thinking of rolling a female avi to "fuck him over"  meaning me, I will put it out there. ive been around VL long enough i understand that most female avis are guys you just have to see beyond that.It doesnt bother me its part of these worlds. When you get sad individuals who intentionally do this are they really wanted around us. he can fuck me over with 10 avis if he like the more the merrier.Hes rolling the female avi whos really going to get fucked over?Its the people who cant deal with that sort of thing and end up quitting and the lowlives continue to play on

Hmm.. first of all y'all fallen way off topic..

I've been here long enough, to know how things work here, things won't change, I've been hurt, seen people get hurt..

whatever actions is taken, if one is hell bent on getting to you, none of this will stop him/her !!!

Block he person, report... next thing that person will be using a friend's account, or get a new one !

if that person leaves, someone new will come in, and same ole all over again...

besides, not even sure the concerned people would even bother reading any of this !!!

Whatever action is taken, nothing will change, unless you are able to change human nature... good luck with that.

As far as this thread is concerned, why multiple avatars ? for so many different reasons, that arent made with bad intentions, for example dj's who need a second avatar,

or a specific party that would require the creation of a specific character... and so many other reasons for which our mains can not be used... for those of us in game who don't seek to harm others.

Fair players cannot be punished for others' mistakes !!!

So this thread turns again into a players war, pitching people against each other....

and all of this to no use, unless you have an immediate remedy for the line in bold characters above.

One thread dies, another opens, or an old one gets reopened... only making people roll eyes, laugh or snap at each other back and forth,

and ending up in name callings... which is a waste of time.

All over again, same as a few others previously, this video is what this thread has turned out to look like...

NB : Last thing is, it's nice to be open about our characters, but it's just our word against the rest of the world... so I can state here, y'all know my avatars... I'm nice and fair...

Who knows ? Who's gonna check ? Yet, multiple avatars are needed for the above mentionned reasons.

You only feel the pain that you allow yourself to put yourself into... yes there are real players behind the avis, but you know what you get yourself into, by getting into the virtual world...

This ain't a Disneyland fairy tale, where all lived happily ever after...

Guest Doll

Lets just agree to disagree here.. :)Im pretty new to this environment and I guess I don't really get the 'living out fantasies' when im looking a computer screen and using a keyboard.. Can someone please PM me and tell me how exactly fantasies can be lived out here (unless the fantasy is with your computer). Lets face it, when we rp, the actions aren't really happening.. im soooo confused..Im more of a social player and just don't like seeing the friends I have made here being hurt or targeted. Sorry if that offends people.I to will now bow out of this thread..

Seriously!?

Never read a book and been there in your mind, seen a film and empathised with the characters, felt something for people who aren't "real" in the literal interpretation in any media?

Here I can try out ideas I haven't tried or don't dare try irl. Seems like a safe way to do so. I'm not going into detail. These things are all about imagination, watching some pixels bounce about does little for me. Putting myself in the place of the pixels in my head, now that can be pretty awesome.

Don't really get coming to 3dx just for a chat tbh. Why not use any other chat format?

Like I said.. im pretty new to this VL world.. I guess im just not afraid to act out my fantasies irl, which I have done many times.. So trying to compare that and here is a bit difficult for me.. I do a lot more than just chat here, its just the fantasy thing I cant get my head round, that's all.. I meant no disrespect to those that cant act them out irl.

This is totally off topic again and for the second time, I bow out..

Guest BooBear

Posted by: Tanyatranny Today, 11:30 AM

Wow. Have we reached the stage where we are name-shaming, Boobear? That's me outta here...          

I would like a little clarity on this question.   

However if you refer to my comments as it relates to RobbertM,  it is understood that I am vouching for his professed...and most recent game play.    Earlier in this thread, RobbertM  has already spoken on the topic.   So then, how is it name-shaming?    That is ...if he has already informed us of his previous actions?

If it is regarding something else, please....enlighten me.  

Granted Boobear, you did say the player's behavior improved. But if it did, why mention his name at all? You could have just said "a player I know" and we wouldn't have bend less informed.

I bow to Shanti's wisdom. She conveyed my point better than I could ever hope to do myself.

• 1 month later...

Yep to him above me...just put in the game that your account "handle" name is visible to all and problem solved.  Like in The Elder Scrolls online, you can see the account "handle" of people, not your real name, so it is still confidential but the same name across characters.