3DXChat Community

Add a block room function please

Malene

I never visit rooms with a lot of people in them anymore, simply because it seems to be a 99.9999999% probability that it`s full of bots, "dancers" and other hired "help", so earlier i went to a room with 14 people in it, thinking it was a safe bet that i would not see any "dancing" bots in it, but i was wrong, there where 12 of them, plus the "DJ" and the owner.

I get that some of you don`t care that they are there, but some of us do, and I for one am so tired of this shit i want to throw up, so in the name of all that is good in this world, can we pleeeeeease have the ability to block those rooms from the list ??

Well... as far as I know: When you block the owner of the room, the room will disappear as well. I know, its not the best solution, but I think its the only thing we get in that matter.

And I agree. I was never a fan of those dance groups stuff. When it started with just a couple of people doing it, it was fine but now, it totally escalated.

It starts with just few dance groups+ dj——nobody expect that 2 years later, the gamemode totally turned into :

* build a box with dancefloors and  make the details as minimum as possible, but set the room's name/theme as vulgar as possible, then fill the room with tons of unnecessary light pollution.

*put tons of snacks in it for extra earnings, even it doesn't fit the theme 

* invite/ become/ hire dancebots and fill the room with it

* people come, virtually dancing and drinking, became a digital dancing zombie

*M U N E H 

It's not hard to understand now why many content creators leaving this game: The room you spent 2 weeks  on it and handmaking everything only have few visitors, but boxes with cold and dancebots always have 50+ populations, how nice

2 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

It starts with just few dance groups+ dj——nobody expect that 2 years later, the gamemode totally turned into :

* build a box with dancefloors and  make the details as minimum as possible, but set the room's name/theme as vulgar as possible, then fill the room with tons of unnecessary light pollution.

*put tons of snacks in it for extra earnings, even it doesn't fit the theme 

* invite/ become/ hire dancebots and fill the room with it

* people come, virtually dancing and drinking, became a digital dancing zombie

*M U N E H 

It's not hard to understand now why many content creators leaving this game: The room you spent 2 weeks  on it and handmaking everything only have few visitors, but boxes with cold and dancebots always have 50+ populations, how nice

That does sound like a problem indeed, I've seen lots of these myself, but what kind of solution we can expect from devs?

Blocking room option for user? It may be convenient, but it will not fix the problem in anyway, these rooms will still be as popular as they are. People who would like to block them were not be staying in these rooms anyway. 

Disallow dance groups? People will be angry and rightfully so. It is not seen like anything bad by most, and in its core there is nothing wrong with dancing or dancing groups in general, it's the scale of the things that made it a problem. 

Banning bot accounts? Multi account is not against the ToS and if person just stays AFK and dance with several accounts at the same time - they are not violating any rules, I think. Of course rules can be changed, but every bot account = subscription.  I don't see why SGD would go for it. 

3 hours ago, Xizi said:

That does sound like a problem indeed, I've seen lots of these myself, but what kind of solution we can expect from devs?

Blocking room option for user? It may be convenient, but it will not fix the problem in anyway, these rooms will still be as popular as they are. People who would like to block them were not be staying in these rooms anyway. 

Disallow dance groups? People will be angry and rightfully so. It is not seen like anything bad by most, and in its core there is nothing wrong with dancing or dancing groups in general, it's the scale of the things that made it a problem. 

Banning bot accounts? Multi account is not against the ToS and if person just stays AFK and dance with several accounts at the same time - they are not violating any rules, I think. Of course rules can be changed, but every bot account = subscription.  I don't see why SGD would go for it. 

Sad but realistic fact. Even though these rooms are annoying and slowly killing the game, there's very little we can do about them. Apparently sgd doesn't think this is against the rules as it makes them profitable. On the other hand, all players can do is block these rooms → get a smaller room list → quit the game because they are too bored. But no one takes this seriously: hey, SGD got subscriptions, dance groups got money, host got populations, everyone is forced to be happy or quit

• 2 weeks later...

These rooms really annoy me too. You come in and the first thing you see is three stages full of countless so-called dance groups dancing in sync. Most of the rest seem to have parked their avatar in a dance pose and appear to be absent. What's the point of going there? I can also listen to music differently. A blocking function will be of no use at events like this, as they will constantly change the room names or find other ways. Think of it like spam with email, you put the perpetrator on the block list. Ok, that will only help temporarily, but it helps for the ego. Avoiding the rooms and thereby reducing the number of visitors doesn't work either, as there are always enough idiots running there. But I'm also sure that there are a number of organizers who value having an active and communicative audience and try to get by with as little bot support as possible. I also got to know dance groups made up of individual people. So, not everything that appears as a dancer is a bot. Ultimately, only the makers of the game can do something about the whole spooky thing, if they want to...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 8:59 PM, Hardy said:

Ultimately, only the makers of the game can do something about the whole spooky thing, if they want to

On 11/14/2023 at 10:10 AM, Xizi said:

They don`t want to because it generates money and they are afraid to loose out. Same reason for not removing the guest count all together. People buy subscriptions for their bots and x gold to spam the room so i doubt that there will be any change.

I don`t care if people hire "dance" teams / bots to manipulate the numbers and get more people in just to feel popular in a sex game, and i don`t see a point in banning or removing them for the same reasons you said, i just don`t want to be in them my self.

By allowing people to block rooms just as easy as we can favorite them, SGD would still make money of bots and spamming because most people don`t care or want to be in a highly populated room, so the "dancers" would still be a thing, and those of us that do care and are sick of it would not have to see them, so it would be a win win.

It definitely does bother me that these kinds of rooms have become the meta, with the smaller, often better rooms left at the bottom to rot with three people.

Perhaps the solution to help alleviate this would be to improve the room boosting system to give everyone a fair shot at having their room boosted, without it being immediately canceled by somebody at the top upping their room. Perhaps removing the ability for the largest rooms in the game at the time to up their room? Maybe adding a timer so a room boost lasts a certain amount of time before the next room is boosted?

6 hours ago, OnlyMildlyAddicted said:

It definitely does bother me that these kinds of rooms have become the meta, with the smaller, often better rooms left at the bottom to rot with three people.

Perhaps the solution to help alleviate this would be to improve the room boosting system to give everyone a fair shot at having their room boosted, without it being immediately canceled by somebody at the top upping their room. Perhaps removing the ability for the largest rooms in the game at the time to up their room? Maybe adding a timer so a room boost lasts a certain amount of time before the next room is boosted?

1 hour ago, Aeliana1999 said:

Maybe the boost of a room should be 300 xGold if there are 10 or less people in it, and then go up. 20 people? 600. 30 people = 900, and so on.

There are people that get seconds on top after boosting it, while others stay for what seems like an eternity, so of course it would be fair to have a system that was equal to everyone, but all of this has been suggested countless times over the years, yet here we are status quo.

Anything that could potentially reduce SGD`s income from xgold sales and subs are a no go.

So what to do ? I have no idea, and since my sub ran out, i have other things to use my energy on than fighting windmills.