3DXChat Community

Missing Code-Function for room protection

Ica

the problem for me is something else. We have to admit that most of thing are copy from other metaverse 3D design / free 3D bank models / real life furniture made by a real designer who probably own the right on the design. I've seen a lot of builders complain about someone copying something from their room when they themselves have copied before them.

it's more about the way the room is laid out the problem.. people who copy the layout of a room and place object at the same place because the room works well like that, yes. BUT there is too much copy of 3D design that you can't complain about someone making the same thing in my personal opinion. ( unless the person can prove that they are the original designer of the object and have the copyright ). + when we see people selling on chatstore or even having patreon with copyrighted furniture. imagine that the original designer hear about it ? good luck to anyone who could facing legal action at any time.

50 minutes ago, lMAXl said:

the problem for me is something else. We have to admit that most of thing are copy from other metaverse 3D design / free 3D bank models / real life furniture made by a real designer who probably own the right on the design. I've seen a lot of builders complain about someone copying something from their room when they themselves have copied before them.

it's more about the way the room is laid out the problem.. people who copy the layout of a room and place object at the same place because the room works well like that, yes. BUT there is too much copy of 3D design that you can't complain about someone making the same thing in my personal opinion. ( unless the person can prove that they are the original designer of the object and have the copyright ). + when we see people selling on chatstore or even having patreon with copyrighted furniture. imagine that the original designer hear about it ? good luck to anyone who could facing legal action at any time.

The same result will happen if you built the same thing. The Coca Cola logo, built by 2  persons will look the same. IAmLoved and me both built the Enterprise, and his bridge and my bridge are almost  1:1. But that's normal considering that we both had the same "template".
That's not the problem that we are dicussing here.

1 hour ago, lMAXl said:

I understand this point of view, and it's indeed a whole other subject. Having said that, for people like me, who systematically create from scratch without ever downloading or take a model from anything, the problem is that what we create has no possibility of protection in the context of sharing. We could quite legitimately sell our work (as a kind of compensation?) without fearing the slightest worry in terms of copyright, but this problem of control over our creations arises upstream and has not been resolved. For my part, for example, I've simply chosen to archive photos and videos, and to create public events on the game, in order to retain control over my creations and still share a minimum of my work. But it's a bit frustrating in a way, because I'd love other people to benefit from my work as a host.

I don't know how many of us there are. From my point of view, what is certain is that offering players control over their creations, whatever their skill level, would boost sharing and the desire to create from a blank page. I systematically encourage people to do this, once they've got past the room tinkering stage, which is a perfect initiation. But it's true that it's not a natural tendency for many people, I realize that. I still hope that something will be done in the future to offer players the possibility of being authors, and not just craftsmen, with all the virtuous mechanisms that entails (no more dramas about the authorship of a room, more original creations, more recognition for each other's work...) That would be great ! 😌

Edited by OliverX

52 minutes ago, OliverX said:

We could quite legitimately sell our work (as a kind of compensation?) without fearing the slightest worry in terms of copyright, but this problem of control over our creations arises upstream and has not been resolved. For my part, for example, I've simply chosen to archive photos and videos, and to create public events on the game, in order to retain control over my creations and still share a minimum of my work. But it's a bit frustrating in a way, because I'd love other people to benefit from my work as a host.

I

The only copyright here is Sexdevil. This has been said at the time of the so-called room thefts... All that you make is under their copyright. The effects belong to all. One who makes it public is not the creator: for example shadow dancers or hologram-type dancers. These effects are glitches of texture. They have been used in one or other ways by other builders. Using the bottle glass correctly, you can make a voyeur room (giggle). 

About selling: it is what has killed sharing.

look this 

Look at creators like HotKitty and Slut or AmyLarouch, Menon... they shared high-quality content without asking money or anything else... So the problem is elsewhere.

1 hour ago, MeiLing said:

The only copyright here is Sexdevil. This has been said at the time of the so-called room thefts... All that you make is under their copyright. The effects belong to all. One who makes it public is not the creator: for example shadow dancers or hologram-type dancers. These effects are glitches of texture. They have been used in one or other ways by other builders. Using the bottle glass correctly, you can make a voyeur room (giggle). 

look this 

Look at creators like HotKitty and Slut or AmyLarouch, Menon... they shared high-quality content without asking money or anything else... So the problem is elsewhere.

About the copyright: I'm not sure, I'm no legal expert, but I would see it like MS Word and Word files.
The texts I write with Word don't belong to Microsoft. So, do the rooms I create with 3DXC belong to SGD? I don't think so, they are just plain json (text) files. You can create a world file with Inkscape and Niblette's Naughty Designer, without having used 3DXC. Why should this world file belong to SGD?

4 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Look at creators like HotKitty and Slut or AmyLarouch, Menon

Lol. In your list is one person who is using a tool and a other did use an club of a friend and did open it if it is her work. That is quality? You guys are talking here without beeing inside this issue...

It is interesting to see how people use this topic! And I did not talk about the free-rooms. It can be how its. I was just asking for a function to protect designs from people you did mention :)

Edited by Ica

5 hours ago, MeiLing said:

look this 

I don't know why you're talking about shadow dancers or hologram dancers, as the topic is about file protection; here you're talking about construction ideas, which don't belong to anyone and which are just an original way of using several elements in the editor, to obtain an effect not offered straight away in the editor. Your message gives the impression that the effect is proposed as it is, when it's not: the most obvious proof is that you won't find, for example, any photo or video of the hologram effect (doubling of avi, not the skin) before I imagine and implement it. But I'm not the owner of this idea and I'm not claiming it, I don't think the person who first thought of shadow puppets is claiming anything either. It's only natural that it should inspire others. Every find is meant to do so, and that's a very good thing. Since then, I've come up with many other ideas for taking advantage of the editor in new and roundabout ways (taming bugs to create an effect not foreseen in the editor), and I don't think I'm alone. But there are just "ideas", nothing more. What we're talking about here on this topic is the file itself, i.e. the entire creation. Here, I really think it would be interesting to have possible protection, which would be just as legitimate as for any creation on any medium. DianaPrince's answer seems to me to be quite relevant in this respect. Selling is another -quite distinct- subject that should not be mixed up. Let's not confuse creation and its tool, which are two equally distinct things. Let's not go off topic !

Edited by OliverX

9 hours ago, Ica said:

Lol. In your list is one person who is using a tool and a other did use an club of a friend and did open it if it is her work. That is quality? You guys are talking here without beeing inside this issue...

It is interesting to see how people use this topic! And I did not talk about the free-rooms. It can be how its. I was just asking for a function to protect designs from people you did mention :)

Who are you to tell me that I am outside the issue? I do my things and I don't share as it is personal. 

About opening the club of a friend, I wonder who you are talking about... You can check their creations here. They have greatly contributed to this community.

@Diana Prince About copyright, it is somewhere in the forum and you would have to follow all the legal steps:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/how-to-get-copyright/

@OliverX it was just examples of beautiful effects.

In the end here is the official answer and I am off

Take care. Keep being amazing

Edited by MeiLing

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 3:54 PM, lMAXl said:

There's a lot of work behind creation, and reproducing it in play takes time and a bit of technique. Of course, two reproductions of the same thing will look the same, but let's also take the case of an original creation, in which case we can claim copyright? The problem here is the appropriation of other people's work. If we consider the work of reproduction, what about original creations in this case? Because yes, many creators also make original creations, and we can't ignore that. As far as I'm concerned, it's the lack of honesty and respect that's the problem.