3DXChat Community

Favorite Quotes

Guest Mattttt

hey wasn't he the guy who invented LSD

*lol* No!  

Albert Hofmann - was a Swiss scientist known best for being the first person to synthesize, ingest, and learn of the psychedelic effects of lysergic acid diethylamide. Hofmann was also the first person to isolate, synthesize, and name the principal psychedelic mushroom compounds psilocybin and psilocin. He authored more than 100 scientific articles and numerous books, including LSD: My Problem Child. In 2007 he shared first place, alongside Tim Berners-Lee, in a list of the 100 greatest living geniuses, published by The Telegraph newspaper.

Timothy Francis Leary - was an American psychologist and writer, known for his advocacy of psychedelic drugs. During a time when drugs such as LSD and psilocybin were legal, Leary conducted experiments at Harvard University under the Harvard Psilocybin Project, resulting in the Concord Prison Experiment and the Marsh Chapel Experiment. The studies produced some useful data, but Leary and his associate Richard Alpert were fired from the university due to the controversy surrounding their research.

“The winds that sometimes take someone we love, are the same that bring us someone we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about someone that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.”

You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect – you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break – her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.

You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect – you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break – her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.

How do you know you are ready for love?

When every serious choice you make causes you pause to think "How would this affect my partner?"  And when you make that choice because it's the better decision for them, even if it isn't the best decision for you.

-Me

“I am looking for friends. What does that mean -- tame?"

"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox. "It means to establish ties." 

"To establish ties?" 

"Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world....” 

― Antoine de Saint-ExupéryThe Little Prince

Relationships are built upon shared experience.  And shared experience leads us to couples growing together over time.  Thus all great relationships involve time to each other to grow.  Otherwise you are with 1 of 100,000 other people. - me

• 4 weeks later...

"Pleasure is not in fucking, it’s the same as with drugs. I’m not attracted to a nice ass, a pair of tits or a dick this thick; well… it’s not that they don’t attract me, of course they do: I love them, but they don’t seduce me. I’m seduced by minds, I’m seduced by intelligence, I’m seduced by a face and a body when I see there’s a mind that moves them that is worth knowing… knowing, possessing, dominating, admiring… The mind, Hache, I make love to minds. We must fuck minds!"

Movie: Martín (Hache) – 1997

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

From the movie "Taken", 2008.

"You're far away

then my night becomes your day

it's getting harder to recall

if we're still leading the same fight

sometimes I wonder

where are you

My intuition varies

am I or am I not alone

you just say you're always with me

but how can I stop the fantasy

when it's on ?