3DXChat Community

Favorite Quotes

Guest Mattttt

Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win even with inferior force.

Spartan Battle Manual

Guest Andraste

In war, one cannot say what one feels.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY, For Whom the Bell Tolls

He held his arm too stiffly, and so was thrown back repeatedly, until at last I seized his forearm and snapped it back against itself. His training suffered while the arm healed, of course, but I felt this was a lesson he must learn early, and well.Spartan Kel, "Honing the Ki"

Guest Andraste

War ... a reversal of the rules where a man is permitted to kill all the humans he can.

JOHN STEINBECK, East of Eden

Something about our world today
That makes me wanna cry
There's too much anger and too much pain
Too much money and too many lies
If I could have one wish tonight
I would beg of us to forget our pride
If we could do just one thing right,
We could help each other to love our lives.

[Chorus]
All I'm dreamin of is good times, good friends, and somebody to love.
All I'm dreamin of is no fears no tears and blue skies up above.

Black Stone Cherry - "All I'm Dreaming Of"

Begin with a function of arbitrary complexity. Feed it values, "sense data". Then, take your result, square it, and feed it back into your original function, adding a new set of sense data. Continue to feed your results back into the original function ad infinitum. What do you have? The fundamental principle of human consciousness.

• Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "The Feedback Principle"

The tragedy of Earth is not that so many died. Death is an inevitable part of life. The tragedy is that so many died as victims. When the crisis came, they were helpless, unable to use their deaths to buy anything of value. Millions of otherwise intelligent people had been tricked into ignoring a fundamental truth: that no man has any rights if he is unable to personally defend them.Col. Corazon Santiago, "Planet: A Survivalist's Guide"

I maintain nonetheless that yin-yang dualism can be overcome. With sufficient enlightenment we can give substance to any distinction: mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Guest Andraste

If I had one wish, I would wish for you. For you to feel what I feel, see what I saw, try the way I tried. But most of all, to regret the way you threw us away and to give us another chance.

Guest Andraste

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
 Henry David Thoreau

Guest Andraste

The wrong person will never give you what you want, but they'll make sure they get what they want from you.

Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?

• Sister Miriam Godwinson, "But for the Grace of God"

Melissa: Why do they call you the Duck?

Rubber Duck: Because it rhymes with "luck." See, my daddy always told me to be just like a duck. Stay smooth on the surface and paddle like the devil underneath!

Dialogue from the movie "Convoy"