3DXChat Community

Favorite Quotes

Guest Mattttt

The human story does not always unfold like a mathematical calculation on the principle that two and two make four. Sometimes in life they make five or minus three; and sometimes the blackboard topples down in the middle of the sum and leaves the class in disorder and the pedagogue with a black eye. ~Winston Churchill

I loved him. He needed time to think and that was ok- he was worth waiting for... and waiting for... and waiting for. Finally I realized I had waited away my life for an answer he had already given me: Had he loved me back, I would not have had to wait.

“If man were immortal he could be perfectly sure of seeing the day when everything in which he had trusted should betray his trust, and, in short, of coming eventually to hopeless misery.

He would break down, at last, as every good fortune, as every dynasty, as every civilization does.

In place of this we have death.”

- Charles Sanders Peirce

it can be from a movie, song, poem, book, or anything else

my first Quote is

"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul." - Invictus by Willim Ernest Henly

lets hear your favorite quotes people

"I want the world to know how spineless and fearful you are
Want all your loved ones to be there just to see you fall
I hope that I can be the reason you bear your scars
I want the world to know how spineless and fearful you are" - All That Remains song You Can't Fill My Shadow

Here is something interesting i found form  Neil DeGrasse Tyson

“In 2002, having spent more than three years in one residence for the first time in my life, I got called for jury duty. I show up on time, ready to serve. When we get to the voir dire, the lawyer says to me, “I see you’re an astrophysicist. What’s that?” I answer, “Astrophysics is the laws of physics, applied to the universe—the Big Bang, black holes, that sort of thing.” Then he asks, “What do you teach at Princeton?” and I say, “I teach a class on the evaluation of evidence and the relative unreliability of eyewitness testimony.” Five minutes later, I’m on the street. 

A few years later, jury duty again. The judge states that the defendant is charged with possession of 1,700 milligrams of cocaine. It was found on his body, he was arrested, and he is now on trial. This time, after the Q&A is over, the judge asks us whether there are any questions we’d like to ask the court, and I say, “Yes, Your Honor. Why did you say he was in possession of 1,700 milligrams of cocaine? That equals 1.7 grams. The ‘thousand’ cancels with the ‘milli-’ and you get 1.7 grams, which is less than the weight of a dime.” Again I’m out on the street.”

Oh never mind scratch that previous comment.

Here's a good one for you  to dwell on TomS. "A leopard never changes its spots"

The one I like "I just wanted to tell you that I love you more than yesterday but less than tomorrow so wake up to eat the world with your smile because ill take care of eating you with mine".

The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil.

• Sister Miriam Godwinson, "A Blessed Struggle"

As some of you already know, I'm a bit hung up on music :lol:. So, naturally, my favorite quotes are about music too:

• Music is a lover that never cheats
  • Painters paint on a canvas, musicians paint on silence
  • Without music, life would be a mistake
  • Music is the only language that doesn't need translation