3DXChat Community

Favorite Quotes

Guest Mattttt

As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

• Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

• I hold a scrap of paper in the darkness and light it. I watch it burn bright and curl, disappearing into nothingness, and the heat burns my fingers. Where has it gone? What has it become? I cannot shake the feeling that I have witnessed a form of transcendence.

• Commissioner Pravin Lal, "The Convergence"

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Lao Tzu

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr. Seuss

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.”
Alfred Tennyson

“You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.”
Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

“You are, and always have been, my dream.”
Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

“Where there is love there is life.”
Mahatma Gandhi

“Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”
Christian D. Larson, Your Forces and How to Use Them

Guest Arcee
"A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go." - Author Unknown

Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed has followed us to the stars and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse.

• CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"

Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could. - Barbara de Angelis

You ivory tower intellectuals must not lose touch with the world of industrial growth and hard currency. It is all very well and good to pursue these high-minded scientific theories, but research grants are expensive. You must justify your existence by providing not only knowledge but concrete and profitable applications as well.

• CEO Nwabudike Morgan "The Ethics of Greed"

Guest Andraste

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Will Shriner quotes

To map the very stuff of life; to look into the genetic mirror and watch a million generations march past. That, friends, is both our curse and our proudest achievement. For it is in reaching to our beginnings that we begin to learn who we truly are.

• Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Address to the Faculty"
  • "The Human Genome Project"

Scientific theories are judged by the coherence they lend to our natural experience and the simplicity with which they do so. The grand principle of the heavens balances on the razor's edge of truth.

• Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A History of Science"