3DXChat Community

Does Anyone Play As Themselves?

Horni4U

I want to thank people for discussing this in a rational manner this time, well most are.

Other times this subject has been brought up it has just been flamed to death and joked about.

I don't know if it has always been that way but it has been in 14 months I have been around.

As I have said this type of thing has never actually happened to me and I doubt it ever will, but because I have been seen to try to do something about it I get a lot of people in the game coming to me when it has happened to them.

I can't be sure if what I have suggested would make that much of a difference, but then no one can, we just don't know and can only guess and try work out what it will do.

There may be some other thing that would have more of a chance of doing better and be better accepted, but unless we are prepared to discuss it and realise there is a problem it will never come to light.

What i do know is that because this is going on it is not only upsetting people it is also seriously stalling the growth of 3DXChat itself.

There is a lot of people that just do not even finish their 1st month because of this happening to them.

There is a documentary being made we all know about and are likely hoping they will present the place as something other than what it truly is.

I can go on about this for pages, but surely there are a lot of you can see what I see, and from some of the comments that have came through this time I know there is.

So now that most seem to be prepared to talk about it in a civil manner lets try and come up with something that can at least make some difference.

How about we agree to disagree at one point and stop spending energy in trying to prove how wrong is the way someone is playing 3dxchat.

Limiting the way people can play this game wouldn't be beneficial.

I know some people seen to be hell bent in promoting there way of playing 3dxchat.

The thing I liked the most with 3dxchat was it diversity.

It is unjust to put down a way of playing 3dxchat if no rules are broken by those members.

So let say we agree to disagree on the matter and if the arguement keep going it maybe more out of boredom or just loving a good argument.

I think we're fighting a losing battle here Twiggy. It's obvious people don't give a fuck if they're shagging a fat balding man with a pic of some nice looking woman or other way round.

If that's what people want, fine. I'm not judging. Just don't do it to me or people who want to do things with a REAL woman or a REAL guy.

One of the things that bothers me about this topic of discussion is that it's always the same people with the same arguments coming from both sides of the debate (myself included at times) speaking their mind without actually listening to what the other side is saying, the constant repetition of the same arguments often makes people frustrated to the point they give up discussing it entirely. Not aimed at anyone in particular but if you feel like this topic needs to be discussed then please don't shy away when opposing views come along, no offense, but it's too easy to say nobody cares when oneself isn't taking the time to really analyze what the other side of the debate brings to the table. I probably sound hypocritical since I am often a culprit of doing this but I know it's not the best way to address controversial topics.

So please, if you truly feel like giving up then do it for good, don't come around the next time the issue gets brought up with the same words as before expecting them to convince those you failed to convince before, it's not going to work any more now than it was before. I think I'll heed this advice myself and go back to lurking since it looked like my words fell on deaf ears.

I think that people need to realise that, just because they have an opinion that some others on this forum may agree with, it doesn't necessarily represent what the majority of players feel. There are many, many, many people that are playing this game that have never even heard of the forum, let alone seen it or posted on it. The regulars on this forum, although they may, to a certain extent, be more committed to the game than others, are a very small percentage of the number of players and can, in no way, profess to represent a majority opinion.

No offense Cordelia, but I am not the only one here not willing to listen, that doesn't appear to not be listening to what others who don't agree with what I say.

Through the time I have been in this forum thoughts on tackling this problem has been refined down now in this last lot to, simply adding a rule to the game that says 3DXChat will not tolerate people who dis respect the wishes of players who have made it clear the real life sex of the person matters to them.

No matter how all who have apposed it have argued it is now clear to me that majority of people in these forums anyway want to allow it to continue.

Yes there is a good number of people that believe 3DXChat to just be a game and should not be treated as anything more.

There is however also a good number of people that think of it differently to that, they place their feelings and confidence in other peoples hands.

Right or wrong that is a fact, and you all know that.

Many of those people are being hurt, and even to a stage where it effects their opinions of things in real life, right or wrong that is happening.

Deliberate deception is happening and happening often and that is not been perceived from things said in this forum, I likely hear about it more than most in the game itself.

I have never been able to understand why people would want to allow this to continue, it seemed to me they just didn't understand.

I now know that is not the case, they understand perfectly, they just do not want anything done, they want it to remain the same.

I am sorry but I find that very creepy, I now feel that this place consists largely of creeps pretending to be good people and others that have been influenced by them to believe what they do is ok.

Now I know what it means for me to say that in here but I can not help feeling that way from what has been continued to be said in this forum.

As far as what you said about me not coming back in these forums and going over it all again, you don't have to worry, I will not be back in these forums.

I thought about things seriously last night and have decided I no longer want to participate in these forums or the game behind it.

Now I wasn't going to bother saying that in here but as you have said certain things in relation to it I have answered what you said.

schzzzzzzzzzzz twiggy...out, sit, down^^

4468543-dog-training-obedience--command-

How about we agree to disagree at one point and stop spending energy in trying to prove how wrong is the way someone is playing 3dxchat.

as skar wrote, if i got him right, both parties (RL||RP) should simply accept the other ones way to "play"! at the end of the day and although alot wished 3dx was or could be much more... "its a sexgame", just depends on what ones expectations are and how one plays it and ofc, to wich extend and dimension! and so i wont waste my time n energy in this debatte and simply quote myself from page 8^^

have a nice autumn

and ps: with fakes n liars below, i ment nothing about genders or rp...only about fake 3dx storytellers; just sayin!

hey, i dont feel like quoting the last 4-5 pages ~ 80/100 posts right now, but why dont we just sum it up in 3 categories, what we have here @ 3dx,  before we discuss it dead again and just let ppl post how the "play"?!

1) Roleplayers

2) People who are simply what they are, themselves

3) Fakes and liars...as best shown by DirkDig and posted in Describe 3DX With A Song as henry rollins already sung mid 90's

*best parts of the song*

I'll hide behind a smile
and understanding eyes

and I'll tell you things that you already know
so you can say
I really identify with you, so much

and all the time that you're needing me
is just the time that I'm bleeding you
don't you get it yet?
I'll come to you like an affliction
and I'll leave you like an addiction

you'll never forget me
you want to know why?
cause I'm a liar
yeah I'm a liar

ohh I am a liar
yeah
I lie
I lie
I lie

oh, I lie
oh I lie

I lie
yeah
ohhh I'm a liar
I lie
yeah
I like it
I feel good
I'll lie again
and again
I'll lie again and again
and I'll keep lying

I promise

have a nice summer

Honestly, if I'm going to be asked to provide individual members some kind of "proof" or otherwise be constantly suspected of "pretending to be a girl", I'd just rather be able to have a verified status from one submission to the devs that puts it all to bed. That's pretty much why I say I've always found it an overall benefit to communities like FetLife, SexForums, and /r/DirtyPenPals.

Well, the only issues about a "picture of yourself with a written message" is that it can be easily fooled. Either by asking a RL friend to take it for you or by some photoshoping. Photoshop can be tricky but I have seen some impressive work in the past.

Sure, I guess, but I would think that'd be such a minority of cases that it wouldn't really be on anyone's minds. At least, I haven't seen it being a problem elsewhere.

That's the best case scenario, the worst case scenario would be a witch hunt on unverified players by the community.

It seems like it mostly relieves the few people who are inclined to witch hunt, though, that's what I'm trying to say.  :P Then again, I'm thinking of very big communities as my examples. Maybe, being so small, it would be different here, for better or worse. Hmm...  :unsure:

Just don't think you can make any solution which won't potentially cause distress, i know coming from Yareel the blending virtual gaming with mix of belief that its a dating simulation, can feel really aggressive especially if you're not here to RL date as i know i often make very clear in my profile. But even when you do that there often people who don't respect that either, just saying where can you put line between respecting each part of a divided community's wishes?

Second thing i guess you could argue is if you had to provide excessive confirmations upon signing up that you're the person you claim, gender that you claim etc. Wouldn't that perhaps throw a lot of from signing up all together too, not just "fakers" but in generally people who just want to have a virtual experience without mixing to much RL into it? Like said dating, from when i were in second life a lot came simply to have a escape from RL, they already had boyfriends/girlfriends, husbands or wives many of them and did not want to start RL relationships outside, many just needed a break from RL.

Think like i said before if there were to be a solution it would be dividing into different servers, but like Ashbash pointed out it would also divide community into segments, but then again this debate does feel like its already happened. I mean if being around Fakes or pretenders bother other and hurt them so intensively then they would not wish to socialize with them all together right?

But if i have to be honest i think very few would be willing to go on servers where they have to verify themselves, not because they're all fakers but because it can feel like a blurred line between being here virtually and physically. Meaning like i said and i think one developers pointed out in another mmo, some come here as term "vacationeers" they come to get a break from RL, without many strings attached that leads back to RL. I don't see this crowd which i suspect if quite big for a product like this, to want to get that personal about their privacy. 

But then again thats just my guess, can't say for sure till its been put to the test  :D

Twiggy said...

No offense Cordelia, but...

As far as what you said about me not coming back in these forums and going over it all again, you don't have to worry, I will not be back in these forums.

I realise that there is a lot of text between "but..." and "As far as." However, reading it, the two may appear to be related. I would just like to clarify that I have never even hinted at such a thing, let alone said anything about it..

It seems like it mostly relieves the few people who are inclined to witch hunt, though, that's what I'm trying to say.   :P Then again, I'm thinking of very big communities as my examples. Maybe, being so small, it would be different here, for better or worse. Hmm...   :unsure:

Well, this community is indeed pretty small, and word gets around. I can see this idea of verification adding to the drama if and when some players decide to be verified and others don't. The already existing animosity between certain groups of people would only rise. I could be wrong and I know I'm pretty pessimistic regarding this but that's still how I see things happening.

But if i have to be honest i think very few would be willing to go on servers where they have to verify themselves, not because they're all fakers but because it can feel like a blurred line between being here virtually and physically. Meaning like i said and i think one developers pointed out in another mmo, some come here as term "vacationeers" they come to get a break from RL, without many strings attached that leads back to RL. I don't see this crowd which i suspect if quite big for a product like this, to want to get that personal about their privacy. 

I'm glad someone gets it ;)

I suspect this (and most of your post) was aimed at me and not Cordelia... if that is the case then let me clarify: it was as much aimed at you as it was at those you often discuss this point with and it wasn't meant as a way of expelling you from either the game or the threads, I would apologize, but since I don't think I said anything particularly rude or offensive, I won't.

I don't know why I'm bothering with this... you don't seem to be reading what I wrote, maybe I am in your ignore list in the forums or you just don't want to read.. maybe it's pride or I'm just plain stubborn... but here it goes..

Deliberate deception is happening and happening often and that is not been perceived from things said in this forum, I likely hear about it more than most in the game itself.

I have never been able to understand why people would want to allow this to continue, it seemed to me they just didn't understand.

It's curious that you admit to this but you don't see the implications of it. Due to the fact that you are more exposed to it than most, can't you see that you probably perceive it differently than most as well? Please do try to understand that a lot of people here also go on through their virtual 3dx lives without this ever happening to them or their friends, you can't expect them to have the same emotional investment in the issue you have, to them this is something that so far is only happening to others, they won't be sensitized to the problem as you are. If their arguments ever seen uncaring or callous then there is your reason. Sure, there are some people who really are the uncaring creeps you perceive them to be, but not all of them are.

Like I said before, you seem to be very emotionally invested in this issue Twiggy, and I'm sorry you had to witness this problem among what I speculate to be your friends. I don't share the same side of the debate you do but being passionate about a subject is something I can relate to, that's why I ask that if you think this is a problem and you are still willing to stay in the game, don't give up on trying to address it. Having said that, not all who come to disagree with you are creeps.

For me, personally, I see life as a journey on a ship (call it sailing the ocean of life). Jumping on 3DXchat is like picking up a book, of my choice, and doing what anyone would do with a book; imagine themselves in it or part of it.

In Real life, I am at home, I log on to the good book of 3dxchat for some escapism, entertainment, sex (ppfft ahahaha....yer right) and also a way to, hmm... shall we say re-imagine myself. 

I personally am very comfortable with myself as I am, who I am and how I am and I hide nothing about myself because again, to me, I am just picking up a book and diverting my mind for a while. So I play as myself, rare and beautifully awkward I am yes, but I like to imagine myself as who I am or who I could reasonably expect to be while alive. Can I be superman, no. Can I dress up and look sharp, yes. (Can I attract women? For that I'd need to be superman).

My 'detector' for who is genuinely male/female etc is fairly good I believe, and I navigate situations in my own elusive way to avoid upsetting others, or getting myself into 'drama' with dishonest people. I've an open mind, I respect honesty - especially those who retain their privacy but remain genuine, and I tend to back away from dishonesty when discovered.

However to me, I see a big difference between those who are outright lying, and those who are worried about what other people might think or how they might respond, eg. ...and this is just my view point... if someone plays as a male and as a female avatar because they are dual gender in any sense, I respect that. But if a pervy man (for example) plays as a female avatar because he can't get any action as a male one, then I don't respect that because its not only misleading, but also taking advantage of someone who may not want to be taken advantage of.

But I also know that I can't be 100% sure if I'm talking to a man, woman or dual gender individual, but I know I am talking to a person with thoughts and feelings the same as myself and I try to find my own equilibrium in order to retain the enjoyment and dispel the drama. It is the risk you take - people either accept and even embrace that or seemingly fail to comprehend that 3dxchat is a game requiring you to use your imagination, and they do not seem to stay on for long as a result.

I have no issue, and a genuine interest in talking to people of all walks of life, learning about them (if they like talking about RL), and though very few have engaged me in RP or sex, I really enjoy that too as my imagination is way beyond my regular mind set and needs copious amounts of feeding. I've not had the opportunity to learn and partake of the various diversities that I can safely do in the 3dxchat realm, but I would welcome them, eg. vampire, witch, GoT, WoW, sci-fi, pimping and story developing etc etc. (shameless plug...any volunteers? :) )

The world is changing, but it's still in desperate need of change.

I see 3dxchat as a place where the possible near future can be seen, as all changes, personal or global start in the mind of an individual. Visiting a place where my mind meets with other minds when I can, I find enlightening, educational, enjoyable and sometimes pleasurable. Its a good book for my journey, and I for one know when to choose to pick it up, and when to put it down.

Thats my personal thoughts on it anyway, blissfully waffled into a few paragraphs of disjointed mumbo-jumbo :D - Thanks for reading and understanding though.

OK, after reading some of the later comments in here I have decided I should explain a few things.

Firstly yes Callista you are right I did confuse Cordelia with you and thought she had said what you did and I apologize to Cordelia for that.

Secondly Callista you are right in another thing, although I do believe there lots of people doing this sort of stuff, it is unfair to call a good deal of them creeps, they are misguided not understanding that what they are doing is unethical.

So again I apologize, this time for referring to them all as creeps.

You have to understand that although I believe in what I am doing here and feel very seriously something needs to be done, it is not easy for me to come in here and continue to try tell people why I think they are wrong.

I am just 22 and it is hard to say things to people I know are much older than I am when I see things said that I feel are wrong, plus I am also blonde, lol

You said in your last comment if I believe in what I am saying I should keep going and a few others have pmed me to say the same, so I will try.

This is something I have put a huge amount of thought into, I think you can tell that by the amount of times I have come into the forum with it.

Things have changed in peoples responses to it, partly due to my approach, I try harder now to not insult and explain things better than I did when I 1st started.

Also it is partly because we have managed to get past certain things that were commonly thrown in, like it is just the way of the Internet, if you don't like it then leave and it's just a game and is only role playing.

One thing that has been said to me is that I am failing to see that people aren't quite understanding what I am saying as I am thinking they will have put as much thought into it as I have.

For example Skar said some things that really surprised me and I did not respond to it because I have lot of respect for him and didn't want to appear to arguing with him.

He was very careful with how he put things and I could see he was showing me respect in the way he put things.

Replying to it and saying I think you are wrong is not an easy thing to do and I pretty much decided it would be best to just give up.

He also said something along the lines of lets just agree to dis agree and leave it at that.

Trouble with that is he had made some comments on problems he said it would cause and saying that pretty much says he didn't want me to reply to it.

But I am going to now and hope he takes it the right way as the things he mentioned I had already thought about and originally did think the same as him, but after more thought into it I did not.

Skar mentioned that there would likely be so many reports put in that the devs would find it hard to cope with the extra work load.

Sorry Skar but how many reports do you think there would be, you made it sound like there would be like a dozen a day, where as if you thought harder about it you would realize there would likely only be a couple a week at worst, and even then that would only last for a while then there would be hardly any at all.

The work involved in reviewing any reports would be minimal as it would very much be reviewing if there was any proof and deciding if it needed to be acted on or not. It shouldn't take any more than 10 minutes each.

The other thing Skar said is that people would use the new rule to take revenge on players, he put it as a new tool for them to use.

Well if anyone was going to want to do that to another player they can do that now, it may be a new tool they could use but if that is what they are looking to do they can do it now with tools that are already available. a new tool would not make it happen any more than it does now.

Another thing I realized that made me feel I should just give up is people seem to focusing so hard on finding any reason they can to say it would not work, no one seems to be looking at the positives behind it and have not acknowledged any of them that I have pointed out.

And there are plenty of positives to it.

Someone else pointed out that where will it stop, if we allow this as a rule what will be next, age, race bla bla bla.

Well a decent argument can be said the other way to, allowing it to continue can lead to people thinking other things should be acceptable and that has already happened, I think lots will know the incident I am talking about there without going into details.

So my reply to that is what other unethical behavior will they next seek to be accepted.

We can argue points both ways on this over and over, what I am trying to get recognized is there is a problem that needs to be addressed and not just shoved in the to hard file.

This problem is hurting people, upsetting people and causing drama, it has been for a long time now and will continue to until something is done.

I could go on for pages about this and things I have realized, what I hope to do is for people to start putting some more thought into it and come to see what I am talking about for themselves.

Some points I will make though...

Guys complain both in the forum and in the game about it being hard to get girls to talk to them.

A big reason that happens is because lots of the girls they are talking to aren't girls at all.

There are some guys telling others to make girl avis because that is the best way to get action in here, one in particular seems to have made it his mission to tell guys that.

I believe that most do it innocently to start with but then that leads into them doing the deception thing, and they justify it to themselves in different ways that they are not doing any wrong.

If you were to approach these people when they have deceived someone you will find the main excuse they give is this is just a game, I was role playing, I am not breaking any rules.

For now I will finish with a couple of links that are relevant to all this, they also make some really good reading and I hope people will take the time to look.

http://ethicsalarms.com/rule-book/unethical-rationalizations-and-misconceptions/

https://www.pearsonhighered.com/assets/hip/us/hip_us_pearsonhighered/samplechapter/0205796621.pdf

PS, just thought I would add that a big part of the reason I am doing this is not just the people I see getting upset, it is also I believe it is and always has been effecting the growth of the game.

That is the nature of this big ole beast. If I want to share the details of my life with someone, it is my choice to do so. I will certainly not do so until I am ready and choose to, if that happens. Someone made a good point about age, race, etc. Where is the line? I have been accused of being a man. I laugh. I decided that if it happened again I would just pull out the suck on my big black clock song to amuse myself. Anyway... I was just accused of being an alt the other day upon my return by someone who has been here a lot less time than I have. Because apparently I hadn't enough photo slots for an older player. Again, I laughed and entertained myself.

I am sure there are quite a few real women and men who have been hunted, accused of being one or the other when they aren't. Pushed to give details that they shouldn't and don't have to give. So we validate and then what? Are you protected from harm? Are you protected from creeps who make up false identities? Then when discovered create a new one, repeating the same cycle?And what is verification? Is it a video chat with a name tag? Or is it a photo ID? The latter can be faked so the "problem" remains. People go to great lengths to deceive. I have no idea why but then, I really don't want to get into their head... So...

The best thing is to ride the beast the way that it is intended, as a game. Sure, you can be creative and make connections. Just don't fool yourself into believing that there is more to it than what it is here. In some cases that does happen, game crosses into reality, people meet. That is fine, their prerogative. They are comfortable with it.  The problem becomes when people who just want to play a frigging game and have some fun become the target of witch hunts. Bottom line is that if someone wants to fuck you over, they will try to fuck you over. It is up to you rather or not you allow it. Yes, as this is a virtual world, you are in control of your experiences. 

Guest Twiggy

When I 1st started in 3DX I had a person really push this hard as major point to remember, "you have to remember that behind each avi is a real person".

It seems that for a lot of people that is how things are until they want to be able to do something where most people think it unethical, then it becomes just a game.

I agree with everyone who has said that asking people to prove their private details is not right, I have always said that and have in fact argued against that.

Asking for a new rule to be added that says lying about your gender to a player about your real life gender to gain sexual relations when that player has made it clear that it matters to them, that is not asking for people to reveal all their real life information.

That is actually happening often inside the game and is being complained about in these forums, people are insisting on proof being supplied and that is causing problems.

People keep mentioning a line that is drawn and if what I suggest is added what will be next.

Well on many things we create that line ourselves, it is decided by us in the game what will be tolerated and what wont be by common opinion.

There are some things most agree on and it stays either above or below the line because of that.

This problem of people lying about their real life sex seems to be one where half the people place it above and the other half below.

Other things like age seems as most people don't care and therefore the line is already clear.

As I have said before, the argument about if we do add this rule what will be next can also be argued the other way, if we don't what will be next, I am not going to get into what people may try to say should be tolerated as when I have in the past it has thrown the thread into chaos. Plus I do think that most who have been following this subject will know what I am talking about.

Yes I agree that if you play this game careful this will not effect you yourself, once you have realized what goes on in here it is not that much a problem.

You make your own rules and follow them and keep yourself safe, it is not that hard to do.

But as I have said before and seems as if I have to keep saying is what about the new players who do not know what to expect.

They are the ones it effects the most, they become victims of this and many leave before they have even finished their 1st month.

By not doing anything about this we are leaving a door open for people to abuse new players and that is what I am trying to get something done about.

Some have said that adding the rule I have asked for will make no difference, that people will just keep doing this and the rule will do nothing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to say it will do nothing I find a bad argument, it would have to do something, the question I am interested in being answered is, is that something going to be good or bad, will it be good for the community and growth of the game or not.

One thing it would definitely do is make it so people cannot say they are not breaking any rules when they do so, and that is a common argument when they are caught doing this.

That alone makes it so saying it will do nothing to be wrong, a certain percentage will stop doing it simply because there would then be a rule they would have to break to do so.

That percentage could be very small or large, we all can only guess on that but I doubt very much that it would be zero.

One argument against this rule that no one seems to have presented in here is could doing this actually make it easier for the people who persist in doing so, and it is possible it could.

By having a box checked to say the real life sex of the person you have sexual relations with matters to you, could that make it so people end up being less on guard and actually make things worse.

That is something I would like to hear peoples views on.

It has been said that how will it be proved that a person has actually broken the rule, that privacy would have to be broken to do so.

My thoughts on that is the rule can only be determined to be broken when clear proof is supplied, where a player has stated in the chat they have lied to the other player and gained sexual relations through doing so.

Now that will likely not happen that often, but that is the whole point of this, the way it is now people are often openly telling people they have just deceived them, sometimes to try and continue the relationship with the truth out, sometimes to just rub in they have just had sex with a sex type they would not want to and other times it is found out through other people finding the truth.

People who play 3DX will almost always take something into real life from it, for me it has been good things I have taken into my real life.

I have gained confidence in areas where I was lacking is one thing I have gotten from 3DX for example.

There are areas where it is possible bad things can be taken into real life form 3DX though.

This is where we all have to realize that 3DX is not just a game more than anywhere else.

The only way I can think of to explain this is to give an example.

Now before anyone goes accusing me of being sexist the example i am giving does not reflect on any sexual preferences, it could be any sexual preference I am just going to use the one type for this example.

Joe is a nice guy but for different reasons has not been able to find himself a partner in real life.

One night when walking home Joe sees a house where the curtains to a room are partly open, inside he notices a girl getting changed.

Joes up bringing tells him he shouldn't look and respect the privacy of the girl, so he quickly turns away and keeps walking.

Joe joins 3DXChat and for the 1st few times in there finds that most girls will not even talk to him.

He runs into a guy in there that in a pm tells him the best way to get action in there is to make a female avi and pretend to be a lesbian.

At 1st he feels it is the wrong thing to do and that it is lying and going against his ethics and morals, but then thinks about what he was told, that what they don't know won't hurt them and it is just a game.

So Joe makes his female avi and starts having sexual relations with lesbians not telling them he is actually a guy, even when asked that question he still does not reveal the truth.

Ethics are unique to each person, we all make our own, they are determined by influences around us and are constantly changing, these influences can be from many different souses, it could be a book, a TV show or even an Internet game.

Ethics are normally influenced by the masses, if there are many that agree on one then that is normally adopted as being ethical.

Joe in this case has seen that lots of people are doing the same as he, he reads about it in the forum where people have actually said "what they don't know won't hurt them"

He continues to do this for months with no one finding out and sees no problem in what he is doing.

One night he is walking home and goes past that same house and sees the curtains open again and the girl getting changed.

Does he do the same as he had before and turn away and keep walking, or has his ethics with "what they don't know won't hurt them" changed enough for him to stop and watch.

So then, in a game where it is advertised that you can be what you want to be because it is fantasy, they should then make a rule saying that if you are whomever you want to be... but you are with someone who states in their profile that they prefer males, they should be punished? It is a slippery slope that I cannot see happening. It is more multi-faceted than you are pointing out. What if a woman identifies as male or the other way around? Will there be 3dx court to determine that he or she indeed identifies with one gender? Therefore is not wrong and shall not be punished?

What is the difference between a check box and stating what you want in your profile? There is an interested in box. You pick the gender that you are interested in, in those boxes. This game is for adults. The game is not responsible for those who cannot act like it. Joe needs help or a new porn sub if that is all it takes for him to become a creeper and watch a woman undressing in the privacy of her own home. He has no concept of reality versus fantasy. If I wanna have 3D sex on the dance floor of a night club, after a few months of playing 3DX I am not going to go into a night club in real with my date then proceed to get my fuck on right there. 

There is a real person behind every avatar. There are rules in place to protect people from abuse and harm, okay, good. So what about Becky and Paul. Paul lied to Becky and made her feel like she fell in love with him. He promised her things. Said that they would meet, blah blah. Becky finds out that Paul is married. Paul had done this before to other women under different names and accounts. Who is to blame? Paul or Becky? Shall it be a case for 3DX court? Shall Paul be punished because he is an asshole? Shall the court tell Becky that she needs some time off from game so as not to be vulnerable to more Pauls? If I put no drama in my profile and someone brings it to me, shall the court get involved? Slippery slope.  Any time you connect with someone here you are taking a risk at being deceived. New players will learn in time. We were all new at some point. You learn, some come from other games where the same thing happens so they know. 

Guest Twiggy

Camden if a person was to go in the game and say something along the lines if I want someone to play a child for me to have sex with it would be jumped on by pretty well everyone in the game.

1, it is breaking a rule clearly defining that is not allowed, secondly our ethics on that are defined and common.

For you to say that in a game where it is a game that is clearly advertised as fantasy and you can be what you want to be there are already rules in place to say you can't, and for obvious reasons.

As I said in my last comment there are things where it is clear that things are not tolerated as they go so far over the line and may already be included in the rules of the game or not.

This matter seems to be about 50/50, there are those that think it should be tolerated and those that don't, and it is not clearly defined.

The check box would make it more official, just putting something in our profiles could be argued that it was missed or miss understood, especially in a multi cultural game.

Joe before he had come into 3DX did not stop and watch, after he had been subject to the influences in the game if he stops, then the influence in the game is what caused it.

If Joe had not come in the game who knows, he may have found something else that was of enough influence to change his ethics and morals, but he may not have as well.

As far as Becci and Paul go, we are not talking about that here, that is something that is already considered below the line by most and tolerated, I doubt that anyone would push for a rule to be brought in about that as that is something that most will agree with is just part of life, not just the game.

I have been around this game for a while now. And most days in here to me would be uneventful, yes the odd disagreement occurs in WC from people seeking attention but that's nothing new. But from reading your posts in here, if I was a new player who joined the forums first and read all this first, I wouldn't want to go ahead an join. To read this I would think that there is an epidemic going on.That this is happening everyday and people are leaving in droves having had their feelings hurt. 

This  predominantly a sex game, it's marketed as such. When you enter this game you are given the options to tick the  boxes and have  three avi's to choose what characters you want to be. They maybe your true self they maybe not, but you are given those choices, at the same time you have to realise everyone else has those choices too. So if you make a female avi and your a male, the chances are someone else has too, its the opportunity people are given. To think everyone is only playing as themselves in a sex game would be naïve, even if you are new.

In regards to new players coming to you when they got hurt, and because of that you starting this crusade I ask one thing. Why out of all the people that play this game, did they pick you out? Why you when so many other players, (sorry mods for putting names) that have been here so much longer, Skar, Shanti, Riela, these people are fairly well known too most, but instead they came and sought your advice.

Finally these rules that you would like to see in place, may work, they may not. But I know if I have to fill in countless questions, stating this and stating that just to prove I am who I am, I will most likely just go fuck it, this is bullshit and go somewhere else.

Basically I joined this game having an open mind. I know not to take everything on face value, if I ever have doubts I ask questions, if I am still not happy with the response I walk away and don't have anything more to do with that person. It's worked for me, as also has the ignore button.