3DXChat Community

Does Anyone Play As Themselves?

Horni4U

No one need reply or write in this topic :)

We have two kind of players, the players who want play as her true personality and the role players. Also need no one write in the roleplay Forum...

I don't agree with your argument of provocation.

Β 

It's everyones personal choices play as what he want or reply in this topic.

Β 

In majority of the adult games I've played I always encounter role players and hardly any real people as in someone who acts and talks like themselves. Those who do not pretend, do not fantasize, do not lie. Is there anyone in 3DX Chat that be themselves? Just how many are there compared to those who decieve? State how you play, tell why, and what you think about those who lie and those who be themselves.

Β 

Try to look at it from the perspective of those who are called liars . I don't think you will like it .Β And this topic makes other players to answer the question . ;)Β 

Try to look at it from the perspective of those who are called liars . I don't think you will like it .Β And this topic makes other players to answer the question . ;)Β 

Β 

It's the same as the Selfie or Profile Picture Question and all about them what in Internet is written...

No one should trust them or think that all Humans write and show true things :)

Β 

Maybe is it of me a role play if I show a human or talk as them...

For example, my profile pic or my post in this topic where I write that I play as myself, who know that this guy not in real my neighbour is and I play only his life here as RP?

Not many ppl in 3DX know it... :)

People can always think what she want.

It's the same as the Selfie or Profile Picture Question and all about them what in Internet is written...

No one should trust them or think that all Humans write and show true things :)

Β 

Maybe is it of me a role play if I show a human or talk as them...

For example, my profile pic or my post in this topic where I write that I play as myself, who know that this guy not in real my neighbour is and I play only his life here as RP?

Not many ppl in 3DX know it... :)

People can always think what she want.

I reread your post several times and I understand you . More , i agree with you . But I pay attention to topicstarter , well if the discussion goes in a peaceful way , constructive etc .

But is it good if someone starts a topic with insults or accusations of a great part of the players , calling them liars ?

But is it good if someone starts a topic with insults or accusations of a great part of the players , calling them liars ?

Β 

Nope it isn't a good choices of words from the Topic starter, I agree!

A Roleplayer who said that he play a role can never be a liar!

Β 

A People who say that he play as herself and this isn't at last true is a ... :)

But no one here know it...

well if you all are now turning this in to a serious discussion then my thoughts are as follows:

Β 

People will always be who they are you can try to RP or act diferently as much as you like (most of us try to do so in RL aswell in certain situations). But the simple fact of us being so self absorbed prevents us from actualy being anyone else, our ego will never let us have a really diferent outlook on life, we will always react to things the same way (it varies depending on the mood , situation or state of mind at the time) but in the end it is still you. Most people can't and won't accept the fact that we are being limited by our own subconcious so much inthe ways we can act and react but in the end we will always take offence to the same things we always do and won't tolarate things that we never tolarated.

Β 

So the question "Does anyone play as themselves?" is really not neccessary becouse apart from profesional spies and brainwashed people not many people can actualy act like someone else.

It takes but a simple observation while communicating with people you know (ingame or in RL) to see the same pattern and predictability in their behaviour in various situations.

Β 

The other point is that noone wants to be someone they are not thats exactly why we are as we are , becouse we don;t like being diferent from what we are.

Β 

So in conclusion i would agree with few peopel that said that we are who we are in game aswell, just perhaps showing more private sides then we do communictaign with people in real life but we never show something we are not.

Β 

Thanks,

Dande.

Guest Twiggy

This is a subject that has been discussed so much in these forums in various threads since well before I had started here, it will continue to be brought up until some sort of resolve is found or the game itself is no longer here.

Other threads that have approached some of the points brought up in this one have been deleted and I am wondering how long it will take before this one is to.

It's a touchy subject where there is definitely a division on opinions and a resolve will be hard to find.

A point that has been talked about in comments I have seen is if what people are doing is RP or if they are in fact liars.

There are several aspects to answering that question.

One is if you are for example a male playing with a female avatar and you are asked by someone if you are a female in RL, and you say you are, then you have not told the truth to a direct question and that is a lie, that is not an opinion, that is a fact.

Another aspect to it is that most people will not ask a person what their RL gender is as it is not easy to do so, it can be offensive and easily cause problems, so most will not ask.

That asks another question, people that play as the opposite gender with their avatars and do not reveal it in someway, are they liars or role players.

The truth is there, if they have not answered a direct question dishonestly then they have not lied.

Can it then be called deception, well that depends on how they go about it, what they gain from others in the game and their willingness to do so from others believing they are the opposite gender in RL, how far they go in having people believe they are the opposite gender. this is where the confusion and difference of opinions seems to be most.

If you are a one gender playing as another and you are asked a question where you would have to be the opposite gender to answer it truthfully and you answer it that way, then that is not role playing, that is deception.

You have answered that question knowing that the person you are talking to will be influenced as to what your real life gender is by the answer.

Many of us will ask this type of question to allow us to make a judgement on if a person is actually playing the opposite gender to their avatar, it is all we have to do so.

I have used the gender issue as an example as it is the main one that seems to come up in these discussions about role play and playing as yourself.

What I have said can also be applied to many other things where there is a difference between role play and a person who plays as them self.

So to those that role play, consider how you go about it and what your answers should be to questions asked, remember they are asked by real people and not just a game, then decide if you are a liar, a deceiver or just role playing.

Actor can`t be a liar . Roleplayer is actor .

Try to go on stage during theatrical performances and ask - " What your real name , Aphrodite ? "

If the actor will answer - " Im the Goddess of love , beauty , pleasure and procreation " , it`s will be honnest and truth . Because the actor can't answer anything else . To ask the actor playing the role about something that is not connected to their role is disrespectful and silly . No one question can't give you answer/real information from a perfect player . Initially, these questions are mistake . What motivations of this questions ?Β Fear from ignorance and stupid bigotry . If someone no wanna play , no play .Β If someone wants to find a person for real life here , look at environment where the players play as themselves . No need to disturbΒ ourΒ peaceful players .Β  Not interesting for me , who and how plays .Β Its individually . Important mutual respect . Persons who have respects the other persons will not disturb each other . Isn`t it ?Β Hope its important for many .

Guest Twiggy

Actor can`t be a liar . Roleplayer is actor .

Try to go on stage during theatrical performances and ask - " What your real name , Aphrodite ? "

If the actor will answer - " Im the Goddess of love , beauty , pleasure and procreation " , it`s will be honnest and truth . Because the actor can't answer anything else . To ask the actor playing the role about something that is not connected to their role is disrespectful and silly . No one question can't give you answer/real information from a perfect player . Initially, these questions are mistake . What motivations of this questions ?Β Fear from ignorance and stupid bigotry . If someone no wanna play , no play .Β If someone wants to find a person for real life here , look at environment where the players play as themselves . No need to disturbΒ ourΒ peaceful players .Β  Not interesting for me , who and how plays .Β Its individually . Important mutual respect . Persons who have respects the other persons will not disturb each other . Isn`t it ?Β Hope its important for many .

Β 

In a movie or a play we know the actor is acting, in here we do not and that is the difference.

You can't compare this to acting, it is by no means a relative comparison.

In a movie or a play we know the actor is acting, in here we do not and that is the difference.

You can't compare this to acting, it is by no means a relative comparison.

Here Rplayers acting in same way , all what we need to know , Rplayer or not Roleplayer here . Not hard to know if player can put some information in game profile .Β 

Rplayer chooses some role and acts in accordance with the image of the selected character . Nothing different .Β Same theatre as in real life .Β 

These topics always turn into a shitstorm, so I try to stay away from them. Funny how these topics are always started by specific forum members...

Β 

I both play as myself and as two RP characters. Those two characters are so over the top you'd have to be a total idiot not to see they're not real. That may be an exception, though. Generally I don't see any harm in RP players mentioning their character is an RP character. That should keep the online tailchasers at bay and allo them to RP without causing frustration.

Β 

But even when I'm on as myself I try to avoid RL questions. I had to do that after one person called me a "fucking fag" and a "lying guy" after he found out I was trans. A big feat if you know I have TS in my avatar name but anyway.

Simply put my real life is nobody's fucking business but myself. I don't send pictures, I don't Skype, I don't mail, I don't phone. I'm not here to be your 3d dating agency catch.

Β 

In the end, though, Dande put it best: you can't escape yourself. Even if you RP your views and experiences come into play. So maybe klaudio can sleep soundly: EVERYONE plays as themselves.

This is from a lack of acting experience . People can play a role opposite of who he is irl . It's not very difficult if you have experience . If your character has elements from real life, it doesn't mean that something is mixed . We are somewhat similar and somewhat different . We all have similarities . It is all right if something in the role is similar to you in real .Β Everyone choose themselves how to play . Personal choice of everyone .

HereΒ was a question about the liars and those who play as themselves .

Sorry but most of the time if you are being dishonest Β and are asked directly and you conceal it.... you are are a liar. No if, ands or buts. Talking about to your partner in game. not sure whos business it is outside of that. You can rail on and on about this not being a love connection or dating site yet if it isnt, why exactly are you dating to begin with.

Β 

I find most of these reasons to be utter crap and typically the ones that defend it are the ones doing it. Just my opinion. You can say "its nobodys fucking business" but if you say you are something you arent with the express intent on deceiving someone you are together with.... It is in fact there business.

having said that, I could give two shits whos really a man, woman or whatever. at the end of the day its how someone treats you that is most important, not whos sitting behind the computer . I dont date much here so i guess its easy to say that. But i also respect those who do care about it. just as everyone should. You get respect if you give it. Its not simply picking on Rpers. Most are in my experience quality people. But just as in any group , there are dirtbagsΒ 

Β 

Rant over, have a nice day

There's a difference between a deliberate lie and roleplay / actor play . It is time to understand it . If you ask the actor during the play directly . . . I don't know how to help you .Β Sorry , no one adult no have problems with it .

Knowing that the actors is playing why you need to ruin they game ?Β They gave you information , all right ! Have fun and live in accordance with this information . Wanna RL truth , go to real .

Β 

Have a nice day .

There's a difference between a deliberate lie and roleplay / actor play . It is time to understand it . If you ask the actor during the play directly . . . I don't know how to help you .Β Sorry , no one adult no have problems with it .

Knowing that the actors is playing why you need to ruin they game ?Β They gave you information , all right ! Have fun and live in accordance with this information . Wanna RL truth , go to real .

Β 

Have a nice day .

her point is, you know its an actor when you go to the play/movie. its not like if you went to see the A. Lincoln movie you think someone actually shot someone in front of your eyes. You know going in they are acting .Β 

Β 

Have a nice day .

no one adult has probs with someone deceiving people? Thats the silliest thing i have ever read on the forums... And i have myself said some silly stuff.

her point is, you know its an actor when you go to the play/movie. its not like if you went to see the A. Lincoln movie you think someone actually shot someone in front of your eyes. You know going in they are acting .Β 

It was said that the information in the profile could give the understanding that the person plays .Β 

no one adult has probs with someone deceiving people? Thats the silliest thing i have ever read on the forums... And i have myself said some silly stuff.

Means that no one of the adults will never get up from seats in the theater , don't come to the actors and not going to terrorize them with stupid questions about real life .

Guest Twiggy

I am sorry to everyone on the forums for this starting up yet again, it just gets me frustrated when people try to compare role playing to acting and use it to excuse them self for deceiving people.

ExHaran, we know what you are trying to say, it has been said by many before since likely this forum 1st started.

You believe that when you role play you are being like an actor, acting out your fantasies and that actors on stage aren't liars so that makes it ok for you to do the same.

You say that no one in the audience would jump up and ask the actor who looks like a male playing a female if he is a male in real life, and yes that would not happen.

The thing you don't seem to understand, is that male actor playing a female would not get off the stage and try to have sex with you in the audience.

If he did I am sure you would agree that you would have the right to ask the question and expect a truthful answer.

Β 

I am not against people role playing in the game and i can understand why people do so.

I have friends in there that do that and it doesn't bother me at all.

Those people though do not use their role play to manipulate people to get what they want from them, they are up front with what they are doing.

Β 

For myself I play much as I am but do role play to a certain extent, I think everyone does, there are things I do in the game i would never do in real life.

Β 

There has been so many excuses posted through these forums with people trying to say it is ok for players to just do as they want to get what they want from other players, that it's ok to do so because we should all as adults expect it and things like that.

The truth is no one likes being deceived and we all as adults know that.

No one has the right to deceive people to get what they want from them anywhere, real life, in a game or even an actor on a stage who would want to involve someone in the audience in their act.

You can come up with all the excuses you can think of, all you are doing is trying to excuse your self for doing what you know is wrong.

You say that no one in the audience would jump up and ask the actor who looks like a male playing a female if he is a male in real life, and yes that would not happen.

The thing you don't seem to understand, is that male actor playing a female would not get off the stage and try to have sex with you in the audience.

If he did I am sure you would agree that you would have the right to ask the question and expect a truthful answer.

Im not new on this forum and i remember topics about males who plays as females etc .Β The thing you don't seem to understand, is that this topic not about it .Β Topicstarter clearly divides people into "those who lie and those who be themselves".Β For discussions about the different gender games we can use topics about it . Thank you for many words , we all appreciate it . :)Β 

I'm talking about what we should respectful to each other . I'm talking about acting and actors (Rplayers in game) as about the people who are a huge part of our community , but not a liars . We have liars on both sides . But it doesn't give me the right to speak about all as about liars .We cannot say that All Rplayers are liars or All other people are liars . A liar has not nationality or gender . There will be no peace without respect for each other .

About those who play different gender roles I don't know what to say . First try to find out how that person plays , Rplayer or not . If RP and you don't want to play these games then just leave it . If you want to know more you need to be friends and spend a lot of time with each other . And not the fact that you will know more .

Β 

best regards

Guest Twiggy

Im not new on this forum and i remember topics about males who plays as females etc .Β The thing you don't seem to understand, is that this topic not about it .Β Topicstarter clearly divides people into "those who lie and those who be themselves".Β For discussions about the different gender games we can use topics about it . Thank you for many words , we all appreciate it . :)Β 

I'm talking about what we should respectful to each other . I'm talking about acting and actors (Rplayers in game) as about the people who are a huge part of our community , but not a liars . We have liars on both sides . But it doesn't give me the right to speak about all as about liars .We cannot say that All Rplayers are liars or All other people are liars . A liar has not nationality or gender . There will be no peace without respect for each other .

About those who play different gender roles I don't know what to say . First try to find out how that person plays , Rplayer or not . If RP and you don't want to play these games then just leave it . If you want to know more you need to be friends and spend a lot of time with each other . And not the fact that you will know more .

Β 

Β 

What actually started all the talk about males playing as females in what I believe was Euks comment in this thread.

Β 

Β 

Yeah, but you sit back and let people bully role players? How is that fair or right? How is that being a stand up guy. Seriously, is it because they don't want to connect their real life to their in game character? Is that your entire criteria for what is good or not? Far too often here on this forum I see blatant hate writing being allowed just because the people being attacked are role players. "They are liars" "they are fakes" "that lady you were talking to was a guy" "I hate those fakes, we should make them all post their real life pictures to play" etc etc. Dozens of threads on the subject.Β 

Β 

It's frustrating and unfair.Β 

Β 

This is what I and others have reacted to and what people go on about when they refer to what some people call role playing.

Most of us don't care if people don't play themselves, when people get upset about someone and call them liars it is because they have lied about something to get something from another player when they know if that player knew the truth would not go for it..

Their gender, age or anything where the person knows it would be upsetting for another person in the game to find out they had been deceived.

Role playing is not saying you are a 20 year old guy when you are in fact 64, or you are female when you are a male.

I have role played in the game, I have been a detective and a drug dealer, I know others that are prostitutes and pimps.

There are many role plays that most people don't care about and even go along with.

You saying what I high lighted in blue above says you think a guy playing as a female and not telling anyone is role playing and not a liar,

Again what I am saying is role players are more than welcome in the game, and it is fun to get involved in these role plays.

It is the tricks that people get up to so they can get something from another player and then try to call it role play that people get upset about, it is not role playing.

Β 

Role playing is not saying you are a 20 year old guy when you are in fact 64, or you are female when you are a male.
Β 
"Role playing" has changed, as technology changes. You have to equate this "role playing" game to other "role playing" games. And, we are talking about online, graphics-oriented, "role playing" games, not sitting across the table from someone playing a board game like dungeons and dragons with a bunch of cards.
Β 
When you play Everquest, your avatar is of, for example, a female dwarf monk. You are "role playing" a female dwarf monk.
You don't tell people that "I am not a female dwarf monk in real life," that would be silly.
Β 
Here, your avatar is of, for example, a young female. You are "role playing" a young female.
Why would you (have to) tell people that you are not a young female in real life? That would be just as silly.

What actually started all the talk about males playing as females in what I believe was Euks comment in this thread.

Β 

If you look at earlier comments , you will see that it was a response to Skar . The conversation was about honesty , liars etc . without specifics .

Β 

Β 

Β 

This is what I and others have reacted to and what people go on about when they refer to what some people call role playing.

Most of us don't care if people don't play themselves, when people get upset about someone and call them liars it is because they have lied about something to get something from another player when they know if that player knew the truth would not go for it..

Their gender, age or anything where the person knows it would be upsetting for another person in the game to find out they had been deceived.

I have role played in the game, I have been a detective and a drug dealer, I know others that are prostitutes and pimps.

There are many role plays that most people don't care about and even go along with.

You saying what I high lighted in blue above says you think a guy playing as a female and not telling anyone is role playing and not a liar,

Again what I am saying is role players are more than welcome in the game, and it is fun to get involved in these role plays.

It is the tricks that people get up to so they can get something from another player and then try to call it role play that people get upset about, it is not role playing.

Agree , its bad way to play in this way .Β But look around , there are persons who say they play themselves . Among them there are also people who provoke drama and lies . And not important theirs excuses , excuses of both sides , was roleplay or was bad mood (for ppl who play as themselves) .

I just put emphasis on the fact that it is impossible to call all Rplayers - liars .

Β 

Β 

ps:Β playing in bad way means to hurt people not involved in your roleplay .

giving rl information while you "in act , in role" bad way and mistake too .

Edited by ExHaran

Guest Twiggy

Β 

Β 

Β 
"Role playing" has changed, as technology changes. You have to equate this "role playing" game to other "role playing" games. And, we are talking about online, graphics-oriented, "role playing" games, not sitting across the table from someone playing a board game like dungeons and dragons with a bunch of cards.
Β 
When you play Everquest, your avatar is of, for example, a female dwarf monk. You are "role playing" a female dwarf monk.
You don't tell people that "I am not a female dwarf monk in real life," that would be silly.
Β 
Here, your avatar is of, for example, a young female. You are "role playing" a young female.
Why would you (have to) tell people that you are not a young female in real life? That would be just as silly.

Β 

Β 

I take it from what you have said here that if someone in the game you were about to have sex with asked you if you were a young female in rl, and expressed that it did matter to them and you are an old man in rl, that there is nothing wrong with continuing and getting what you want from them.

Well, hypothetically, I see nothing wrong with it.

Β 

Anyway, why would they ask?

Does the magician in Everquest ask whether you are a female dwarf monk in real life before going into battle?

Β 

Apart from that, lol, "continuing and getting what you want from them," in the context of your question, sounds rather sexist to me.