3DXChat Community

Netflix on TV in game

Stacii

Would be a nightmare legally.
As you are basically streaming paid content to whoever you have in your room.
So will never happen, because you'd get people opening their room to public and streaming movies for other players. Which would be grounds for Netflix to sue 3DX for illegal distribution of copyrighted material.

22 hours ago, stacii said:

Be nice if i could use my netflix account on TV in game. Can we get that? 

Probably not gonna happen, netflix will make a issue over it you can be sure because it's a subscription based service. So they're pretty strict when it comes to you potentially view sharing with others, which you may or may not do. But in Netflix case they will probably not care as they based their subscriptions on number of devices used. So they clearly don't intend people share viewing extensively beyond a few friends or family gathering in your RL apartments watching shows together. So it's almost 100% sure that we will never get that, perhaps Youtube or other services that have free viewing might not be a issue, but it might arguably still cause problems surrounding their premium services, but that is just my guess.

Edited by KimmyFox

I never thought about streaming services like Netflix but I have seen other online worlds like this one in which you could watch movies in world.  It was cool designing movie theaters and/or Drive In theaters to give yourself a break from non stop dancing at clubs.

Though not nearly as flexible as streaming from outside of the game, how about streaming the room owners cam or a designee's cam to a screen in a room?

I mean game cam, not web cam.  They could stay fixed putting on a show or wander around the room to show different things or scenes as they go.