3DXChat Community

RETURN OF THE MONSTER LETTERS

Leeloo

I remember suggesting long ago when this was an issue before, to change what was then the useless Roleplay tab and making it an Announcement tab. But seems changing the word was too hard and we got rid of it altogether. But in regards to advertising rooms, I don't need it spammed across World Chat, if I am looking for a party I can simply press locations and look.

I agree totally with the most opinions inside this topic! Spam the chat again and again with to large text is disturbing and a abuse behaviour and it's against the rules! Also is the HTML a funny function for everyone to write coloured text and symbols!
In my opinion should everyone set a adult behaviour and don't abuse this functions, we are all adults or better we all should be adults...
Write from time to time a invite for an home party is ok for me but not all 2 minutes in a way that no one can still read post of another members in world chat.
I think some do this because she don't think she can get a disciplinary measure. But in the past was some people banned about her spams...Maybe was the banned members not enough for stop this abuse behaviour...
In my opinion is the remove of this functions the wrong way and only a punishment for the wrong members! :)

RAWR! 

I don't really mind it. Its world chat. It is meant to hype party, Ask for help, Say hi, Tell jokes. World chat is pretty much all spam and meant for goofiing around. Let them have their fun and promote their parties. 

Im sure it will calm down in a few days . People are just alll excited to have feature back right now. Will sort itself out in a few days. 

That was the issue it was fine for a good while then it was spam city every few lines was another html post and sometimes it was the same thing or repost by someone.  It wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't done as much.  All people want is a little space between the posts, not a world chat filled with the same two or three massive html posts.

I'm against the spamming of it in world chat which many and the previous topic that was started because it was getting to be too much.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1918-world-chat-html-spam/

Trust me my launguage isn't bad it's been used far more on this forum and in game then imagined so if someone is offended by that, well it is an adult site as we're always reminded of that.

If you had read it, then what I wrote was very clear, I don't have a problem with the HTML, it's those that abuse it by spamming on a repeated basis that is my problem along with many others.

I got your disagree and rage after the first word "fucking" Use this word in every set is excessive using ;) 

I got your disagree and rage after the first word "fucking" Use this word in every set is excessive using ;) 

I used it twice in one post.  I have not used it in another post, please feel free to look that up.  I don't use anything to excess, as I have what's called tact.

I used it twice in one post.  I have not used it in another post, please feel free to look that up.  I don't use anything to excess, as I have what's called tact.

I know and it's all fine, was only a reminder of me and we don't need discuss about this^^

But I want a discuss about pro and contra of this topic and maybe find a good solution for both sides :)

Size limit for example sounds good for me if this is possible I think a size over 30 isn't needed!

Also should get members with the abuse behaviour a harder punished!

I agree totally with the most opinions inside this topic! Spam the chat again and again with to large text is disturbing and a abuse behaviour and it's against the rules! Also is the HTML a funny function for everyone to write coloured text and symbols!

In my opinion should everyone set a adult behaviour and don't abuse this functions, we are all adults or better we all should be adults...

Write from time to time a invite for an home party is ok for me but not all 2 minutes in a way that no one can still read post of another members in world chat.

I think some do this because she don't think she can get a disciplinary measure. But in the past was some people banned about her spams...Maybe was the banned members not enough for stop this abuse behaviour...

In my opinion is the remove of this functions the wrong way and only a punishment for the wrong members! :)

Well not sure if it helps really but know way another place dealt with exploits and such was to ban those involve from that feature, without removing them from the game itself. In world chat cases that would just mean blocking them from world chat function as disciplinary action without having to lose a customer from banning them from game itself.

Dear MarMohan,

and you should a bit look about your language you use for this kind of discuss... :rolleyes:

I don't understand your problem... What's so wrong if people have some fun in chats?

Sure there are always members where abuse this function but the most want use this for some coloured text and symbols...

Again, it's not the mistake of the HTML function for the abusing, it's the member behind this function!

I have nothing against the colors , but the big letters are not needed to have fun . I would even say that when there is a battle of big letters (that was the case yesterday) this kill the fun . And as said someone , we cant ignore everyone or we will fast have a list of ignores with 300 peoples (exagerating a little to show the pic) .

the other bad point is that it seem that<color=color*> </color> dont work anymore as i saw peoples trying to use it without success. So it's reserved to an elite group of peoples . And that mean that the abusers are part of the elite group .

HTML is not back officially, hence why the <color=color>Text here</color> does not work, I am not sure whats going to happen to HTML if Devs find out about people are able to use it again. Via a work around that was figured out. I am not sure. Indeed, personally myself I enjoy the HTML chat BUT I can't stand the giant sizes. If there was a way to limit the size of the text, that would be great!

I remember suggesting long ago when this was an issue before, to change what was then the useless Roleplay tab and making it an Announcement tab. But seems changing the word was too hard and we got rid of it altogether. But in regards to advertising rooms, I don't need it spammed across World Chat, if I am looking for a party I can simply press locations and look.

I suggested it before here : http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1745-ideas-to-expand-chat/  :P

Leeloo said...

it seem that<color=color*> </color> dont work anymore

I just happened to be around when someone explained but, anyway, all you have to do is copy a comment into Notepad to see the content...

For example... <Color=red> or <Color=#DF7401> and <Size=30>

The command has to start with a capital letter (end tag too).

Guest ToxicallySweet

Achilles I get what you're saying but it's also new ppl that join the game and have no idea about past problems with all this and there are ppl that just don't listen no matter how much you try to let them know not to do it. Yes I wish ppl would use common sense and not do stupid shit like this and those ppl most likely aren't on the forums and see the constant issue with it. They just see ppl complain about it here and there in world but don't think its a big deal. 

Anyway yes in a perfect world ppl wouldn't abuse it but its not a perfect world :( and I have been guilty of doing it back before it became an issue but I mostly did it joking with friends which I know was stupid bc we aren't the only ones in world chat. So I've learned my lesson but some do not or don't care or are new and don't know its a pain in the ass.

I know and it's all fine, was only a reminder of me and we don't need discuss about this^^

But I want a discuss about pro and contra of this topic and maybe find a good solution for both sides :)

Size limit for example sounds good for me if this is possible I think a size over 30 isn't needed!

Also should get members with the abuse behaviour a harder punished!

Achilles, as I have stated before it's not the html that is the issue, it's when it's abused on a repeated basis.  When people are asking them to ease up they an attitude with people asking them to, which isn't right.  It's nasty at times with name calling and so on.  You should not have to put a load of people on ignore because they abuse it. 

Setting limits would be an easier way to do things, a better way of reporting the entire chat other than a screenshot so that way it can be seen who is doing what.  I do know this is possible because other places already have it so it can be reviewed.

HTML tags get removed soon again no worry :(
Because there is a unique bug inside of the tags and the only way to fix this is to block all tags...

Sad but it's how it is!

No one want punished the members who use this for fun and coloured messages but this bug is a little bit tricky...
Maybe comes soon a perfect solution for both sides, I hope so :)

Achilles I get what you're saying but it's also new ppl that join the game and have no idea about past problems with all this and there are ppl that just don't listen no matter how much you try to let them know not to do it. Yes I wish ppl would use common sense and not do stupid shit like this and those ppl most likely aren't on the forums and see the constant issue with it. They just see ppl complain about it here and there in world but don't think its a big deal. 

Anyway yes in a perfect world ppl wouldn't abuse it but its not a perfect world :( and I have been guilty of doing it back before it became an issue but I mostly did it joking with friends which I know was stupid bc we aren't the only ones in world chat. So I've learned my lesson but some do not or don't care or are new and don't know its a pain in the ass.

ACKKKKK, My eyes. all that green. :P

Guest ToxicallySweet

ACKKKKK, My eyes. all that green. :P

God damn I was afraid what you had written when I got the email notification. Shooo it's only about my green writing :P  Is this better Rob? :D

Hopefully soon we get this 9IG6Ih6.png on our chat editors in game. With limited size option.

Text size is already implemented but on client side at the moment, and impacts the whole chatbox.

Members just need control over their own texts, then no one, or most wouldn't bother trying to type those whole HTML lines  :) 

after reading this i hopped on last night thinking world would be full of it but actually i saw it maybe once or twice. Not bad at all. maybe they are toning it down now. That would take care of the issue right there and everyone wins. 

Refer to MrAsh's information, Max size should not exceeding 100.

For creating some special ASCII symbols, not a crazy text for advertise their dancing room or f**k club.

Mostly, i used some of them to coloring at NC, my dancing room or greeting my best friends.

Max size is 70 that consume half page of local or world chat.

dKu18oN.png

I don't think it will hurt people :D :D :D

Refer to MrAsh's information, Max size should not exceeding 100.

For creating some special ASCII symbols, not a crazy text for advertise their dancing room or f**k club.

Mostly, i used some of them to coloring at NC, my dancing room or greeting my best friends.

Max size is 70 that consume half page of local or world chat.

dKu18oN.png

I don't think it will hurt people :D :D :D

Even 100 for some things are far too big.  Taking up a larger portion of the chat isn't right.  If it was kept to a descent size and not posting so frequently, I don't think people would mind as much.

HTML tags get removed soon again no worry :(

Because there is a unique bug inside of the tags and the only way to fix this is to block all tags...

Sad but it's how it is!

No one want punished the members who use this for fun and coloured messages but this bug is a little bit tricky...

Maybe comes soon a perfect solution for both sides, I hope so :)

Really no reason to go on and on about this since Achilles just posted this yesterday or whatever

Really enjoy tabbing to world and seeing this take up my entire chat

WzB8eK8.png

This is part of what people were pissed off about as it would fill a good bit of World.  Then the repeated posts and reposts for rooms by users that would fill up World.  HTML isn't the issue, it's those abusing it that is.

I don't care if I sound like a broken record but things aren't as complicated as it seems, it's making the time to do things right for all to enjoy, yet it doesn't get done.  So much has been stated on what can be done and simply ways of doing it, but nothing has been done.

Yes, as Achilles stated on the last page, HTML tags are to be removed due to a critical bug in the tags. Unfortunately this means HTML will be non-existant again, but as he states, hopefully devs will find a work around for it or create their own system for HTML tags with limits and such in place.